Kamran Akmal speaks the truth

Anyone else see the suggestion Kamran Akmal made live on a TV channel
Follow the Indian model Centrale contracted players should not be allowed to play outside of Pakistan.
Pakistan Domestic league and PSL must be prioritized

To be honest, Kami is bang on the money with this. I totally agree with him, this is the way forward!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I mean Pakistan should pay their Central Contract Players $10m a year for not being able to achieve a strike rate above 120 in the year 2024

I don't think PCB has any leverage over the players. Shaheen, Rizwan etc with announce retirement and go Amir,Imad way. Ayub, Azam etc are already ready for their upcoming CPL stint. For cricketers these days, T20 leagues is priority, national team is only an added bonus.

Not going to work. India can do because all top players play ipl and they play often long format with top teams.

I would do opposite make our white ball players play more international leagues and test players more County or Australia domestics and more A team tours.

For domestic reduce tournaments and games, they are adding another pentagular also now so at least players can play half season. Make half season mandatory and not full season. And remove useless Kakul camps.

I have a genuine question about Pakistani cricketers... Are all of them trying to settle abroad or something?

I'd imagine they'd have a pretty decent life in Pakistan between central contracts, PSL contracts, endorsements, and maybe even more league.

But they seem quite insistent on playing in every league under the sun. You can organize a tournament in Antarctica and Shaheen Afridi will be there to bowl yorkers at a penguin.

The only explanation I can think of is they need $$$ to settle down in a UK or Australia.

I have a genuine question about Pakistani cricketers... Are all of them trying to settle abroad or something?

I'd imagine they'd have a pretty decent life in Pakistan between central contracts, PSL contracts, endorsements, and maybe even more league.

But they seem quite insistent on playing in every league under the sun. You can organize a tournament in Antarctica and Shaheen Afridi will be there to bowl yorkers at a penguin.

The only explanation I can think of is they need $$$ to settle down in a UK or Australia.
£££££££. That's it.

In Pakistan if you're a first team player you get good pay. But if you're kicked out then the pay is pathetic in domestic. In India even domestic pay is now very good. So the players once they get to the first team know how fickle the selection is series to series so look to maximise their earnings.

£££££££. That's it.

In Pakistan if you're a first team player you get good pay. But if you're kicked out then the pay is pathetic in domestic. In India even domestic pay is now very good. So the players once they get to the first team know how fickle the selection is series to series so look to maximise their earnings.
That's pretty sad for a country with 200M people and one major sport.

I said this during the WC, but I'm afraid Pakistan cricket is going down the WI way. Both once proud cricketing nations reduced to occassionally competing in WT20s.

I could care less what this idiot has to say. Obviously he is dumb enough to not know that the difference in payouts between an IPL contract and a PSL/ LPL/BPL/Hundred contract is astronomical. Like there isn't even a comparison. SA20 and ILT20 give you better payouts but its not like those Indian franchise owners are filling their teams with Pakistani players. Also, playing more T20 leagues can only benefit players, especially the less experienced ones.

Once again these idiots are poking holes at every little thing, rather than getting to the root of the problem, which is that our players are mentally weak and incapable of handling pressure. And Kami should know he was a serial bottler during his time in the team and one of the worst wicketkeepers to ever play international cricket.

That's pretty sad for a country with 200M people and one major sport.

I said this during the WC, but I'm afraid Pakistan cricket is going down the WI way. Both once proud cricketing nations reduced to occassionally competing in WT20s.
On our way? We are WI. Can't reach a KO stage in a WC since 2011 (not even counting 2015 as you'd have to be Uganda level not to reach that). Dire in 2015 WC. Dire in 2019 WC. Let's not talk about the last one. Minnows in Tests now. This is WI by definition.

It all comes down to the country. Your chairman is a murderer and under who women have been molested in jails and kidnapped from homes. His only qualification is being related to the army dictator. Can you expect a system to flourish with merit and fairness under someone like this? It'd be like expecting Iraq to be a footballing power under Uday Hussain.

If players don't have any international duties or domestic events to play then they should be allowed to play these leagues but they shouldn't prefer to play these leagues over the domestic cricket, especially the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy.

If players don't have any international duties or domestic events to play then they should be allowed to play these leagues but they shouldn't prefer to play these leagues over the domestic cricket, especially the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy.
Pay them better and they will play. PK Domestic players earn more playing in the Bham league than playing a season of Domestic

The former Pakistani wicketkeeper-batter Kamran Akmal in a recent interview, opened up on his relationship with Gautam Gambhir:

"We share a good bond and are good friends. Even with Gautam Gambhir too. I mean me and Gautam are good friends too. I share a good relationship with him. He’s like my brother,"

"In fact, I’d like to congratulate Gautam on winning his first Test series as a coach. I’m so happy for him,"

"No doubt MS Dhoni is someone with a different mentality altogether, an absolute match-winner and he’s super calm. The way he played was fantastic, and had a fantastic career. We used to talk a lot about wicket-keeping. We used to talk a lot about batting and yeah, it was often good to talk to Dhoni,"

Back