Looking for a new bat

pwr_wrx

Debutant
Runs
Hey guys,

This is my first post here. I've scanned through here over the past but never posted anything. Recently I've been looking for a new bat but I cant really decide what I want. I have always wanted a Laver and Wood bat but i'm not sure if its wise to put out $400-500+ for a new bat. I bought my last bat probably close to 10 years ago (Ihsan King) and ive had a 7 year gap of no cricket. I just started playing two seasons ago ( Mostly heavy tapeball) and i am also playing hard ball. I know the bats have changed quite a bit over the last 10 years so having a bat that is 10 years old might be lacking some performance. ( I use a GN Pheonix for tapeball and I need something newer for hardball)

Couple bats im interested in are the Hammer HEL 156 ($300), GM EPIC/ICON DXM 808-909 ($245-275), CA 15000 ($360), and a HS core 7 (~$250). I want something 2.7-2.8 (fairly light) with good performance. I dont need to hit sixes out of the stadium but i would like something with a good punch to hit 4s across the ground and the occasional 6.

Any help in picking a bat would be greatly appreciated. I am leaning towards the Hammer HEL 156 as I have heard a lot of good things about the bat (light weight and great performance with great balance)

Back