Mohammad Hafeez undergoes re-test on bowling action in Brisbane [Update Post #32]

Abdullah719

T20I Captain
Runs
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It's make or break for Mohammad Hafeez. He's confirmed that the test on his bowling action will be in Brisbane on 17th November <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/796055217875853312">November 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If he passes the test than he will be added to test squad and will replace Mohammad Nawaz at number 7 for Tests in Australia.

If he fails the test than that would be curtains to his Test Career while his Odi & T20i will be insecure aswell.

It's irrelevant to me if he passes, you want a seam bowling all rounder not a spin bowling one in Australia. If we're not going to select yamin or another seam bowling all rounder I would rather just play 4 bowlers.

It's irrelevant to me if he passes, you want a seam bowling all rounder not a spin bowling one in Australia. If we're not going to select yamin or another seam bowling all rounder I would rather just play 4 bowlers.

God forbid 1 bowler gets unfit during match and match or series gone for all money.

Fail this test and Hafeez is done in international cricket.

Can't see him coming back into the Pakistan team if he cannot bowl.

Professor strikes again! :yk

He will give many more anxious moments to Pakistani fans.

I am not sure what PAK will gain if he passes the test. As if with a revised action, he is going to be remotely close to the bowler he was!!!!

If he fails the test, in fact that will be better for him, because then he'll have to make the team on purely batting merit.

Looks like the predictions are going to come true.

1. Get tested
2. Pass the test
3. Play as 2nd allrounder in the team
4. ???
5. Profit
6. Caught Behind :hafeez

If he passes and plays for us at #7 in Tests in the short term, I wouldn't complain too much.

Will pass test and get called again in the match. Should be clear by now thats his MO

A question, if he fails this test, will he banned for life from bowling?

Oh hear we go again.

This is his ticket to get into the squad then will delay the test again.

If he passes then how do we know if he still will be effective? It took Ajmal more than a year to come back to normality.

This is just an utter farce. Hafeez is not good enough for international test cricket and at 35 should decide to retire from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem was the pause in his action
Without any sort of pause I can't see him failing to pass

What i notice with bowlers whom are tested and re-tested is that they bowl with their remedial action until they get frustrated from lack of wickets and revert back to the usual action and get banned.

Is Hafeez worth taking along to the tour if passed his test? YES - but i would definitely take some back up offies.. i think Imad would bowl well here. :narine

I seriously hope he passes. Pakistan would be better off with the balance he gives to the team. He's probably the second/third best offspinner in international cricket right now (behind Ashwin and maybe D Perera)

I seriously hope he passes. Pakistan would be better off with the balance he gives to the team. He's probably the second/third best offspinner in international cricket right now (behind Ashwin and maybe D Perera)

C'mon Salih, i respect Hafeez and he was a top bowler.

But there are plenty of better offie's in the world.

Ashwin
Mehedi Hasan looks very good.
Narine
Lyon (in AUS)

Why oh why does it have to be in Australia?

It was obvious that it wouldn't be a 16 man squad.

But they could have added Mohammad Asif or Mohammad Hafeez.

What a catastrophic decision!

The new Pokemon game also gets released on that date, he should maybe delay the test to a later date and play Pokemon instead.

Gotta CATCH em all :hafeez #slippractice

C'mon Salih, i respect Hafeez and he was a top bowler.

But there are plenty of better offie's in the world.

Ashwin
Mehedi Hasan looks very good.
Narine
Lyon (in AUS)

Yeah I agreed that Ashwin is better. Mehedi has only played 2 tests though. Narine doesn't seem to get picked anymore, and Nathan Lyon can't turn a doorknob let alone a cricket ball.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Going tonight to Brisbane 4 bowling action test..In shaa Allah Wil resume my bowling soon & Wil earn ICC NO1 allrounder spot again .. AAMEEN <a href="https://t.co/hahazw9SQI">pic.twitter.com/hahazw9SQI</a></p>— Mohammad Hafeez (@MHafeez22) <a href="https://twitter.com/MHafeez22/status/797862810214662144">13 November 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Going tonight to Brisbane 4 bowling action test..In shaa Allah Wil resume my bowling soon & Wil earn ICC NO1 allrounder spot again .. AAMEEN <a href="https://t.co/hahazw9SQI">pic.twitter.com/hahazw9SQI</a></p>— Mohammad Hafeez (@MHafeez22) <a href="https://twitter.com/MHafeez22/status/797862810214662144">13 November 2016</a></blockquote>

lol at the random collage he made for himself hahaha. What does the top right pic with the good boy grin have to do with anything :))

Still, wish him all the best. If you want to blame anyone blame PCB namely Inzi and Shahryar for continuing to persist with him, guy is just putting his head down and working hard given his limits.

Confidence ho tou aisa

Haters will say he doesn't deserve

Professor just dished out a geeli pappi to all nay-sayers :hafeez2

Confidence ho tou aisa

Haters will say he doesn't deserve

Professor just dished out a geeli pappi to all nay-sayers :hafeez2
ek hoti hay confidence and then there is hafeez over confidence because of which he is at this stage i mean when he was first warned he was so confidence about his action that he didnt made any efforts to correct it and gave statements like he is bowling with same action since so many years. and he is still suffering because of the overconfidence he is no where near team now

It will be good for Pakistan if he fails. He's still a quality ODI batsman and good enough for Tests in Asia, but the emergence of players like Sharjeel, Babar and Sami has made him surplus to requirements. In addition, Umar is also on the brink of making a comeback.

As an all-rounder, Hafeez can easily take over from Nawaz but given his age, it will be much better if Nawaz and perhaps Imad fight for the all-rounder spot in Tests. Both are already established in Limited Overs.

This should be it for Hafeez. A serviceable player who has been vital for us in the last 6 years and has made big contributions in all formats.

Yes he has failed to make his mark in Tests outside Asia, but it shouldn't be the only thing to define his very good second phase as an international cricketer. He has been harshly crtiticized at times, and scapegoated very easily.

Comfortably a better player than the superstar Afridi.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alham du Lillah done with the bowling action test.In shaa Allah all wil be fine.thanks for all the Fans 4 their wishes & prays &#55357;&#56397;stay blessed</p>— Mohammad Hafeez (@MHafeez22) <a href="https://twitter.com/MHafeez22/status/799154809450336256">November 17, 2016</a></blockquote>

http://abbtakk.tv/en/hafeez-waiting-for-his-bowling-test-results171116/

Hafeez waiting for his bowling test results

Mohammed Hafeez bowling action test has been completed in bio-mechanics lab of Australia, while test report is likely to be given next week.

After undergoing his bowling action test, Hafeez said that he bowled for two hours with new bowling action during his test and he was optimistic that he will gain success in the test.

Off spinner Mohammed Hafeez bowling action was once again declared suspicious in July 2015, after which ICC banned him to bowl for a year. His ban was lifted during England tour, but due to his fitness issues, Hafeez did not go for test to clear his action.

Mohammed Hafeez took 129 wickets giving 5404 runs in 177 ODIs, while he took 46 wickets in 77 T20 matches giving 1614 runs.

We need a 5th bowler in aus people.
I am also worried about these 4 98 over days coming up in this first test. A disaster here could signal the recall for hafeez. Got to hope to bowl first and knock them over quick

Well bowling with new action, of course he will clear it. Now Pakistan will need 30 matches to figure out that his action isn't effective and in mean time we would have halted an emerging players career.

Well bowling with new action, of course he will clear it. Now Pakistan will need 30 matches to figure out that his action isn't effective and in mean time we would have halted an emerging players career.

You think Mickey will Let that happen?

He has yet to bowl a single ball, let alone take a wicket, with this action.

guess that will happen when he passes his test. Check the title of the thread.

Sure, so selecting him is precisely equivalent to selecting another failed Test batsman, Nasir Jamshed, if he claims to now be a bowler but has never taken a single wicket.

It will be good for Pakistan if he fails. He's still a quality ODI batsman and good enough for Tests in Asia, but the emergence of players like Sharjeel, Babar and Sami has made him surplus to requirements. In addition, Umar is also on the brink of making a comeback.

As an all-rounder, Hafeez can easily take over from Nawaz but given his age, it will be much better if Nawaz and perhaps Imad fight for the all-rounder spot in Tests. Both are already established in Limited Overs.

This should be it for Hafeez. A serviceable player who has been vital for us in the last 6 years and has made big contributions in all formats.

Yes he has failed to make his mark in Tests outside Asia, but it shouldn't be the only thing to define his very good second phase as an international cricketer. He has been harshly crtiticized at times, and scapegoated very easily.

Comfortably a better player than the superstar Afridi.

I don't see any future in Nawaz in Pakistan's test side any time soon, he is so mediocre.

Pakistan should play Imad wasim or Shoaib malik at the number 7 batting all-rounder spot

I don't see any future in Nawaz in Pakistan's test side any time soon, he is so mediocre.

Pakistan should play Imad wasim or Shoaib malik at the number 7 batting all-rounder spot

Malik has retired and was a poor test players anyway and is 35. We need to move on from these oldies. While doesn't offer much with the ball. If he was as good as nawaz in bowling then he would have been ideal. In UAE i won't mind him. While is away tours we need someone like amir yamin at 7 and a fast bowling allrounder at 8 such as amad butt or fahim ashraf.

Mohammed Hafeez bowling action test has been completed in bio-mechanics lab of Australia, while test report is likely to be given next week.....
Taskin and Sunny's results came after 2+ weeks if I am not mistaken.

If Hafeez wants to play as an A/R at no. 7, then I hope he passes the test and gets into the team.

Perfect player to play that role and there isn't a better option available.

If he passes his test, can he join Test squad in Australia?

On other hand, as much as I detest Hafeez, it is ironic that he is going though action test whilst people like Harbhajan/Ashwin are yet to be reported.

Last edited:
Part of the testing protocol is to match the action displayed in the lab to match footage to ensure that the bowler doesn't Fake a clean action.

But Hafeez hasn't used it for a single ball in a match.

So how does that work?

If Hafeez wants to play as an A/R at no. 7, then I hope he passes the test and gets into the team.

Perfect player to play that role and there isn't a better option available.
How can you say that?

He has never used his clean action in a match. It might be as useless as Ajmal's clean action. Probably is.

Then you would be selecting the second worst batsman in 140 years of Test cricket on the basis of completely unproven bowling. At the age of 36.

How can you say that?

He has never used his clean action in a match. It might be as useless as Ajmal's clean action. Probably is.

Then you would be selecting the second worst batsman in 140 years of Test cricket on the basis of completely unproven bowling. At the age of 36.

Nah, his action is nothing like Ajmal's.

Hafeez was more marginal and it shouldn't be that much of difference for him.

Also, he has failed outside Asia because he opened the innings, but he would be much more comfortable down the order and against an older ball.

Malik has retired and was a poor test players anyway and is 35. We need to move on from these oldies. While doesn't offer much with the ball. If he was as good as nawaz in bowling then he would have been ideal. In UAE i won't mind him. While is away tours we need someone like amir yamin at 7 and a fast bowling allrounder at 8 such as amad butt or fahim ashraf.

Best right arm offie in Pakistan - watch the 4th innings of the last test between Pak v Eng in the most recent series if you find that hard to believe.

I like Aamer Yamin but on flat wickets will get walloped, should be in the ODIs batting at number 6/7 and Amad Butt at number 8 would be perf...

KARACHI: Mohammad Hafeez has undergone a biomechanics test at Brisbane’s International Cricket Council (ICC)-accredited laboratory yesterday, almost five months after his bowling ban ended.

The off-spinner bowled three overs with his new action under the unforgiving glare of laboratory cameras in an attempt to make a return to the bowling crease and improve his chances coming back into the national fold for the tour of Australia.

Hafeez was banned from bowling in international cricket after his action was deemed illegal for the second time during Pakistan’s ODI series against Sri Lanka last July.

In his penultimate match as a bowler, Hafeez returned his best-ever ODI figures of 4-41 but the 36-year-old’s batting form dipped drastically on the tour of England earlier this year. That forced the management’s hand and he was left out of the team for the home series against the West Indies and the ongoing tour of New Zealand.

Hafeez positive about clearing bowling action test

However, the selection committee is keen to bring him back for the tour of Australia considering his vast experience, but to regain his berth Hafeez must clear his biomechanical test and earn his spot as an all-rounder.

The Brisbane lab will hand over the report of his test to the ICC, who are expected to reveal the findings within the next two weeks.

Hafeez confident of clearing test

The 36-year-old said he is confident of clearing the test and making a return to the national team as an ‘all-rounder’.

“I am happy with the test procedure and hope to clear it,” said Hafeez after the conclusion of his bowling test. “I want to thank my fans for their support.”

Hafeez is to return to Karachi straight away, where he will feature in his departmental side SNGPL’s Quaid-e-Azam Trophy Super Eight match against WAPDA at the National Stadium of Karachi under lights and with a pink ball.

Mohammad Hafeez to undergo bowling action test this month

Real test will be during match conditions: Qasim

Former chief selector and left-arm spinner Iqbal Qasim feels Hafeez can make a useful contribution to the team if he does clear his test but said he must also prove himself when bowling in a high-pressure international match.

“Getting clearance is the first step but I feel the real test for Hafeez would be when he bowls in a high-pressure international match,” said Qasim. “The biggest challenge — for a bowler who remodels his action — is overcoming the habit of delivering the ball with his natural action. When you get hit for boundaries, do you return to your old action or continue to bowl with the new one; at times it becomes a subconscious decision and in such a situation the bowler can err,” Qasim told The Express Tribune.

Selector hoping for Hafeez return

Selector Tauseef Ahmed is also hopeful of Hafeez’s return to the bowling crease and the former Test off-spinner echoed Qasim’s sentiments but feels the Sargodha-born only has minor tweaks to make.

“Yes we would have to wait and see how effective he is after remodelling his action, yet I feel that his chink was never that great to begin with,” he said. “Hafeez only needed to work on his delivery stride and had to eliminate the pause in his bowling action. That shouldn’t be too taxing and there’s no doubt that his return as a bowler can bolster the team in the tough assignments ahead.”

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1234737/hafeez-undergoes-biomechanics-test-bowling-clearance/

Selector Tauseef Ahmed is also hopeful of Hafeez’s return to the bowling crease and the former Test off-spinner echoed Qasim’s sentiments but feels the Sargodha-born only has minor tweaks to make.

“Yes we would have to wait and see how effective he is after remodelling his action, yet I feel that his chink was never that great to begin with,” he said. “Hafeez only needed to work on his delivery stride and had to eliminate the pause in his bowling action. That shouldn’t be too taxing and there’s no doubt that his return as a bowler can bolster the team in the tough assignments ahead.”

The Merry Go round with TTF continues....We will never get rid of Hafeez :69:

A hard working bloke but just like Commando he's a walking wicket overseas. Just has glaring limitations which cannot be ironed out at this stage of his career. The sooner everyone realizes this the better for Pakistan cricket

Only in Pakistan is so much 'lidd' given to players like Hafeez...if u wanna play matey, play like YK/Misbah.

Just leave us alone...we dont care if sun shines on your backside and reflects on rest of humanity....who on earth would glorify their so called credentials?..

Let someone else say it!

We do need an all rounder, no doubt about it; lets groom nawaz/imad etc....if this pillock can keep on playing for as long as he has, im guessing 2003, then why cant others be given time to settle in.

Poor Pakistanis...stuck with this guy forever.

Playing as off spin AR in Aus has got to be the funniest (or cruelest) joke.

Plus he can't even chuck. So what will he do?

Float it up for those Aussies to whack it in pattas?

Back