Most exciting young batters in the world for you?

RedwoodOriginal

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Not going to get into this nonsensical 'next Fab 4' or 'next Fab 5' discussion. Because that's dumb. Just interested to know who people think are the most exciting batters interms of potential, who could become major batting stars in the future.

For me, its divided into two tiers. Tier one are guys I am very high on and think have a very high probability of becoming the great batting stars from their respective countries. Tier two are guys who have shown alot of promise but probably need to do a whole lot more to convince me that they are good enough.

Tier One:

Harry Brook, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Rachin Ravindra, Shubman Gill, Tristan Stubbs.

Tier Two:

Ibrahim Zadran, Abdullah Shafique, Alick Athanaze, Ollie Pope.

Please don't mention players who haven't played international cricket yet. Saud Shakeel has lot of potential but I didn't put him here because he's considerably older than the guys on this list.

Harry Brooks, Abhishek Sharma and Dewald Brevis are the most exciting young talents. Basically the ones whom you would watch from sheer entertainment point of view. I am not talking about who can be the best or not but purely the exciting factor and obviously having the potential to make a name at highest level.

Sai Sudarshan might not have much international experience yet, but he's definitely on his way to becoming an important player in India's ODI and Test teams. His talent is undeniable, and he's quickly elevating his game to the kind of legendary level we saw from Kohli in his early days.

Harry Brook, Tristan Stubbs and Yashasvi Jaiswal are the most fun to watch. All 3 prototype modern day players able to switch between formats and stances easily and have started their careers with a bang on intl stage

I find Rachin a very exciting prospect. May not be the most explosive hitter but he's a terrific allround batsman.

Good technique, great timer and enough power as well.

I find Rachin a very exciting prospect. May not be the most explosive hitter but he's a terrific allround batsman.

Good technique, great timer and enough power as well.
Yes I love his technique aswell...very fluid. He seems like a batter who could be hugely successful in all three formats.

Yes I love his technique aswell...very fluid. He seems like a batter who could be hugely successful in all three formats.
Yep. 3 formats batter. He'll be a superior T20 anchor to the likes of KW and Conway , a great ODI #3 and in an alternate universe where Test cricket is thriving, he'd be a great Test batter as well.

His ceiling looks very high.

Harry Brooks, Abhishek Sharma and Dewald Brevis are the most exciting young talents. Basically the ones whom you would watch from sheer entertainment point of view. I am not talking about who can be the best or not but purely the exciting factor and obviously having the potential to make a name at highest level.
Harry Brook has the highest ceiling for me out of all the young batters. Abhishek seems like a potentially great future limited-overs star for India but I wouldn't put him anywhere near Jaiswal or Gill interms of ability. I'd like to see him do more in FC and test cricket (if he gets selected) to be mentioned in the same breath and the other two.

Yep. 3 formats batter. He'll be a superior T20 anchor to the likes of KW and Conway , a great ODI #3 and in an alternate universe where Test cricket is thriving, he'd be a great Test batter as well.

His ceiling looks very high.
Yeah I agree. Williamson is very text-book. Technically immaculate but he was always going to struggle to keep up with the changing tides of modern day cricket. And as we have seen he has constantly struggled in T20 cricket.

Conway is not someone I put in the same category. He came into the team too late and was always going to have a very short peak.

The only thing holding Ravindra back is that I feel he will never play as many test matches as his peers because of obvious reasons. But he still has the potential to eclipse Williamson and Martin Crowe.

Yeah I agree. Williamson is very text-book. Technically immaculate but he was always going to struggle to keep up with the changing tides of modern day cricket. And as we have seen he has constantly struggled in T20 cricket.

Conway is not someone I put in the same category. He came into the team too late and was always going to have a very short peak.

The only thing holding Ravindra back is that I feel he will never play as many test matches as his peers because of obvious reasons. But he still has the potential to eclipse Williamson and Martin Crowe.
Agree with everything here. Perfectly surmised.

Back