My Bubber Sher L.E Review

afaans

Debutant
Runs
Hi
I received my Bubber Sher LE today from the Sialkot Multi Trading House. As soon as I opened the package it looked like a beauty. I was provided with a bat which met my specifications to perfection. The bat has:
10 – 11 ruler straight grains
3.5cm Diameter Handle with 2 grips
Thickest part of bat is towards the lower middle and is around 3.4cm
Short Handle
Middle to Low sweet spot
The handle is quite thin and that’s why I have put on another grip which was provided in the package sent by Basharat Bahi

The service was exceptional. I received detailed emails from Basharat Bahi on a daily basis with all questions answered. The product was shipped on the same day as payment was confirmed and despite the Christmas Holidays the package arrived within 4 days.

I’ll probably end up buying most of my cricketing gear from Sialkot shop due to their excellent customer service. I would recommend anyone looking to buy online to visit the Sialkot Shop.
:akhtar:afridi:afridi

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 565
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 555
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 549
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 533
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 536
Last edited by a moderator:
Great review mate! I hope it plays well for you and you score tons of runs with it.

If you don't mind can you tell what its weight?

Looks like a very nice blade afaans. Personally I never liked profile on bubber sher bats but this one looks like it has higher extended sweetspot. Basharat bhai seems to be a nice person to deal with. Can you please tell us how much it cost and how much was shipping?

Last edited:
Nice looking stick there! Beautiful grains and a nice solid profile fo a 2.9 bat. Might need a coat or two of oil. Knock it in properly and it should turn out well!
Btw, how much did this set you back incl shipping?

These MB LE's have some sort of "special" coating, hence, the oil won't soak in. If you want to oil it then peel off the coating with a knife then oil it.

Is the coating like an anti-scuff sheet? Or a wax coating?

I'm can't recall what exactly you call it but yes its something like wax coating.

On my MB LE it has peeled off from paint part whereas if I want to peel off from the wood I would have to use a knife as suggested by MB Malik's owner.

I went to the local cricket shop and they said to put a coat of oil on it.
I dont think i'll be taking of the layer ur talking about Cover Drive.

The layer I am talking about repels water off the bat, hence, I don't think oil will soak in.

These MB LE's are soft pressed and don't require much of knocking. However, what I did was that I mainly knocked the toe and edges (after rounding them off) and knocked the middle of the bat for a very short time.

So I would suggest samething.

I really didn't time but people say knock it for 3-5 hours

Any ideas on how to knock it in and for how long?
afaans - nice looking bat. just wondering if 2lb 9oz is the weight of the bat that includes weight of grips, stickers as well (i.e total weight of the bat). i've had a few friends tell me that they often weigh bats before grips and stickers are put on, so wondering what your case was. again, congrats on getting a nice stick

These MB LE's are soft pressed and don't require much of knocking. However, what I did was that I mainly knocked the toe and edges (after rounding them off) and knocked the middle of the bat for a very short time.

So I would suggest samething.

I really didn't time but people say knock it for 3-5 hours

What???? :O

Soft-pressed bats need a lot more knocking in than hard-pressed bats.

Last edited:
afaans - nice looking bat. just wondering if 2lb 9oz is the weight of the bat that includes weight of grips, stickers as well (i.e total weight of the bat). i've had a few friends tell me that they often weigh bats before grips and stickers are put on, so wondering what your case was. again, congrats on getting a nice stick

Yea the bat weighs 2'9 with everything on it.:hafeez.

What???? :O

Soft-pressed bats need a lot more knocking in than hard-pressed bats.

Wheb I ordered my bats, I asked MB owner how there bats are pressed, he said they are soft pressed and wouldn't require much of knocking.

Wheb I ordered my bats, I asked MB owner how there bats are pressed, he said they are soft pressed and wouldn't require much of knocking.

aren't the 2 statements contradictory? the main purpose of knocking is to make the top layer of the willow hard and compact

Well soft pressed bats doesn't require much of knocking as it doesn't take time to open up.

It is something like that hard pressed requires more knocking whereas soft pressed doesn't require much of knocking to open up

I thought you knocked bats in to compress the face. :s
SempreSami and Cover Drive are both right in their own ways. Knocking in a bat serves two purposes. The most important one is to prolong the life of the bat and to prepare it for the battering that it will receive once you start using it. This is achieved when the the very top layer of the face (and edges) is compressed to form a hard protective layer of the rest of the bat. This is also why oiling the bat before knocking it in is important - when you oil the bat, the bat fibers become supple and instead of cracking when you whack the bat, they compress and form a nice tight protective layer.
The second (much less important) advantage of knocking in a bat is developing the "stroke" (or "ping") of the bat quicker. Soft pressed bats have more "natural" ping (for the same reason that using slightly LESS tension in your tennis racket strings leads to more power) and so don't need much work when it comes to developing their "stroke".
I suggest we end the physics discussion here and just go out and enjoy our cricket ! :)

my friend just got his from pk.. he says the oil doesn't get soaked up at all. i think he's going to wait till the layer starts coming off after some use in the nets, and then he'll try again.

The layer is at the back right??
in his bat, its pretty much all the way round. looks like a normal finish on the front, but the oil doesn't soak in one bit. normally "natural finish" bats have a coating of bee's wax, but that just makes the wood look nice - it doesn't prevent oil (or water) from soaking in. these MB bats have something entirely different it seems. i guess he could use a knife to peel off the layer, but don't think he's confident enough to try that.

I won't be trying that either.
Did his bat come pre knocked in??

i have this bat. dont bother oiling it because of that protective layer. im not even bothering with a scruff sheet on this, just some edge tape. knock in the toe and the edges lightly and this bat is match ready. will be using mine tomorrow - cant wait.

Regardless a bat having 'Ready to Play' sticker, it does needs to be knocked.

What ca_gold bhai said it is a golden rule for knocking a new bat because the middle has already been knocked by the machines.

For more protection for the toe you might want to apply fibreglass scuff sheet on the toe.

If you are really keen on oiling, then you could sand the protective layer off and then apply oil.

I would say just knock the face without oiling, as well as the edges and toe.

Also, before you use it in a match, be sure to have some throw downs with an old ball first. If you see deep seam marks on the bat, that is a sure sign that it needs knocking in.

As I earlier said you can peel off the coating by using a knife.

Salman Bhai, I'm not sure if its because of coating but the seam marks don't appear when bouncing a old ball.

sorry if this is a really silly question, but is oil actually NEEDED for bats with this kind of coating? i mean, can we safely assume that the willow under the coating is not excessively dry?

with this particular bat..no. in my mind malik has made it/prepared it with the appropriate moisture level. then they coated it with a protective layer. they wouldnt have put that coating on if the bat required oiling. depending on how you store it it might need some oil in a season. id recommend keeping it in room temperature always. my bas - i did oil it before knocking as it required it.

I've knocked the bat in with the mallet for a week now.
The mallet is leaving marks on the scuff sheet similar to little tears?? Any ideas.
When i used the bat its amazing facing the old ball.
Is the mallet only used for knocking in the middle,

I've knocked the bat in with the mallet for a week now.
The mallet is leaving marks on the scuff sheet similar to little tears?? Any ideas.
When i used the bat its amazing facing the old ball.
Is the mallet only used for knocking in the middle,

Yaar tell me that how do you manage to knock in for so long? My arm start to hurt after 5 minutes of knocking :(

Back