New Zealand v India | 4th ODI | Hamilton | 10/3/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

On_the_up

ODI Debutant
Runs
3 hours to go, Tendulkar out due to injury, Rohit Sharma likely to get a game.
Ewen Thompson likely to make his debut for New Zealand.

Hoping for some more thrilling batting in this one.

Newzealand's proud home record is under threat. In the last 15 ODI series at home NZ won 12 of the series. lost 2 of them to Australia . one was drawn with SL.

60 meters each on all sides except one side which is 70 meters long. Doull home boy confirmed it.

NZ bats first winning the toss. Tendulkar, Munaf patel out. Rohit,Ishant in. For newzealand Jeetan, Butler, Southee out Vettori, Thompson, O brien in.

shame newzealand are batting, was looking forward to Sehwag, yuvraj bat first

They just showed the match between NZ and Australia 2 years back. From 132 for 5 they chased down the target of 347. Incredible.

One dreadful fielding by Gambhir and one inside edge.. 2 boundaries in the over. Not a good sign.

New ball movement really didn't allow New zealand get off toe a typical flyer. But they know their conditions better.

IronMan2009 said:
NZ bats first winning the toss. Tendulkar, Munaf patel out. Rohit,Ishant in. For newzealand Jeetan, Butler, Southee out Vettori, Thompson, O brien in.

What a surprise :))

15.6 Yuvraj Singh to McCullum, no run, Stumping chance missed! McCullum had charged out but was beaten in the flight and then the turn and looked a dead duck. But Dhoni didn't collect the ball cleanly. What a miss.

New Zealand 89/0 (16.0 ov)

What is up with bolwing with glasses. It only looks good on Gayle and Pawar with the spidey ones. Why are they even wearing them?

Last edited:
Although it is mostly promise rather than long term performance a batting order of:

Ryder
McCullum
Taylor
Guptil
Elliot
Oram

Is a pretty good NZ batting side.

2/119 off 24.4 overs.

Ryder is very talented. Him, Taylor, and Guptill look like they could form a good core of batsmen in the coming year. Obciously McCullum is class as well.

They should let Ryder play his natural game. Is it me or he reminds a bit of Treschothik?

IronMan2009 said:
They should let Ryder play his natural game. Is it me or he reminds a bit of Treschothik?

Reminds me more of Lehmann actually. I didn't rate Tresco much though to be fair.

Bhaji coming with a Monty Panesar "Patka"..
good over,,just 1 from it..130/2 after 26

Random Aussie said:
Reminds me more of Lehmann actually. I didn't rate Tresco much though to be fair.

Tresco is a good stroke player. I remember his 196 in Pakistan. That was a very good one.

Stephen fleming said they should have chased when the innings started. That is their strength. With Vettori back they should have done that.

IronMan2009 said:
Stephen fleming said they should have chased when the innings started. That is their strength. With Vettori back they should have done that.

Disagree, they need to try and put the Indian batting under pressure with a required RR. Indian top order has been going out there and swinging with no pressure and they are blowing NZ off the park.

2/139 after 30 overs.

IronMan2009 said:
19 overs left. 190. NZ will get around 331.
You are being extra cautious..
I think it will be between 260 to 290...that too if they dont lose wickets..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back