New Zealand v India | 5th ODI | Auckland | 14/3/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random Aussie said:
And another beating coming up for the Hobbits.

hope wicket has grass like last game and if NZ win the toss and elect to bowl first. I see shewag getting out early this time around. last game, pitch was seaming a bit in the first 10 to 15 overs or so. Nz made a mistake electing to bat first. hope they dont make the same mistake again.

Sehwag is providing insight into his strategies to Shastri. He is giving full credit to Kirsten who throws ball in the nets at various places to Sehwag to improve his over all stroke play.

Unfortunately for NZ the rain has stopped. Will be a 43 over match.

India will look to make 400.

WOW!2 Beautiful sixers over extra cover by Sehwag in trying conditions.

Raina goes, Sehwag carrying on as normal.

2/65 in 9.4 overs.

This CricIndia commentator worshipping the Indian team is too much for me.

Off goes the CricIndia scoreboard, what other sites do a desktop scoreboard anyone? Just can't take it anymore....

Stupid shot by Raina. Bye bye man. Good series. He is heading towards India after this series.

Good Rohit is on. He is not as bad as his 25 average suggests. But this might be his last chance for a while.

wanted_desi said:
India needed Tendulkar Today

Why? It is a dead rubber. Why should he risk his injury further. He has already aggravated. India should have given chance lot of new comers instead of sticking to the same team.

IronMan2009 said:
Why? It is a dead rubber. Why should he risk his injury further. He has already aggravated. India should have given chance lot of new comers instead of sticking to the same team.

Yea he needs that injury to get out of playing IPL this year. :)

its a little bouncy pitch and indian batsmen are having problems.

What a horrible game Rohit is having. He has been out of form for long time. He is still struggling to find form. He is affecting everyone sticking at one end.

IronMan2009 said:
Styris is back. He is a very good striker too. Oram is due too.
Haven't seen him play for New Zealand for ages, has he been recovering from a long term injury or is he coming back from international retirement?

tauseefm said:
its a little bouncy pitch and indian batsmen are having problems.

As expected lol any time India scores low scores you guys don't fail to pounce on it lol.

flat track bullies are getting owned.. hooooo.. i like it.

as i said earlier, indian batsmen are good for flat track, as soon as they see grass on the pitch, they will struggle like anything..

:akhtar

IronMan2009 said:
As expected lol any time India scores low scores you guys don't fail to pounce on it lol.

u gotta agree, pitches have been flat so far in this tour and this is the only pitch has some bounce.

tauseefm said:
u gotta agree, pitches have been flat so far in this tour and this is the only pitch has some bounce.

Couple of rash shots caused their downfall. Ryder is a strike bowler? Give me a break.

IronMan2009 said:
Couple of rash shots caused their downfall. Ryder is a strike bowler? Give me a break.
thats my point, ryder is a crap bowler but there is something in the pitch.

Hot spot confirms that was right off the middle of the bat, great technology is Hot spot.

The "greatest ever ODI team in the whole wide world" (according to Martin Crowe) is in a spot of bother methinks.

Rohit is a weak link. But Dhoni hopes he will come good one day. He has failed in so many matches recently.

I firmly believe that Dhoni can't play under pressure (despite the fact that they have won the series)

India now officially in trouble at 5/110.

This scoreboard would look horrible if it were not for Sehwag.

minhasuz said:
I firmly believe that Dhoni can't play under pressure (despite the fact that they have won the series)
no, dhoni is the best person to play under pressure

Good wake up call. Poor shot selection from every one. Sehwag is the only who has the license to play poor shots.

Now 6/111.

Harby and the Best Bowler In The World will need to do one of their recovery acts.

The was an article I read somewhere saying the dibly dobly wibly wobbly bowlers are now dead in New Zealand. Rubbish, Ryder is the new wobly.

The innings is falling apart - a pitch thats a bit fresh, offering some zip and swing, and suddenly the runs have dried up, and wickets are falling like ninepins...

On a positive note, this is perhaps a good perparation for the pitches for the test matches... They will have to reset their batting styles for the rest of the tour I guess.

Having said this, it will also be interesting to see how effective the bowling is.

Jesse Ryder is the man for NZ! who would have expected!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back