Status
Not open for further replies.

On_the_up

ODI Debutant
Runs
West Indies won toss and are batting.
currently 36-0, Gayle going well on 29

New Zealand team
TG McIntosh, JM How, DR Flynn, LRPL Taylor, JD Ryder, wicketkeeperBB McCullum, JEC Franklin, captainDL Vettori, KD Mills, IE O'Brien, JS Patel

West Indies team
CH Gayle, S Chattergoon, RR Sarwan, XM Marshall, S Chanderpaul, BP Nash, wicketkeeperD Ramdin, JE Taylor, DBL Powell, FH Edwards, SJ Benn

West Indies with a let off, both batsmen in the middle of the pitch saying howdy and the throw misses the stumps.

Sarwan goes now, cutting a delivery, caught by the keeper again, Jeetan Patel the bowler who has been first change in this inns. Marshall in now.

Chattergoon 9 - XM 6
Wii 63-2
and Marshall out ct in 3rd slip off O'Brien

o'Brien bowls at a decent pace. looking at him you would think he was a classic new zealand dibly dobly type bowler.

chattergoon on 9 off 58 balls. and with Chanderpaul for company, insomniacs might be in for a cure.

On_the_up said:
o'Brien bowls at a decent pace. looking at him you would think he was a classic new zealand dibly dobly type bowler.

He is not a bad bowler by any stretch. NZ do produce good cricketers, they just never have enough of them to field a good team.

Wish a few other international captains would note this, NZ are ahead of the required over rate.

Australia's over rates have been dreadful for a long time, South African over rate has been pretty bad, India somehow manage to be behind despite having only 2 seamers - have some suspicions about this but for some reason don't feel like picking on India today...

Chattergoon goes to Vettori - see NZ didn't even have to bowl that over as they already have bowled 30 overs but now they have another wicket and are well on top.

4/74

Nash is playing his 2nd and this guy seems slower than Chanderpaul loll

Nash falls, Good innings played by him
Franklin to Nash, OUT, finally a breakthrough! Slightly slower and fuller Nash tries to make a drive out of a nothing ball and doesn't quite time it. The ball pops up towards mid-off and it's a routine catch for Flynn
BP Nash c Flynn b Franklin 74 (0m 162b 12x4 0x6) SR: 45.67

Random Aussie said:
5/237 5 overs to go.

Honours slightly with the WI I would say.

yeaa, i believe if Nash stayed for 5 overs, then he would have gotten a century next day

yaar Xoib please give updates on Sindh vs Federal match if you can

Xoib said:
Was he really that dire in Aus State sheild?

No he was OK, never in contention though.

I have a healthy dislike for players who are not good enough to make their home nations cricket team who then run to a weaker country to get a Test cap. I mean he played for a long time for Queensland and would have taken an Australian Test cap if it was offered.

Chanderpaul brings up his 100, 5/257 with an over to go. Amazingly no bad light today.

Vettori gets Ramdin in the 91st over - that is twice today NZ have got wickets essentially by bowling more overs than they have to.

6/258 - honours evenish

Ramdin is worst wicketkeeper player i dont why he is still in the team they should call fletchers or baugh

Now Chanderpauls match start where he is alway batting with the tailend

Chanderpaul yet again bails west indies out, the fringe players like chattergoon and Marshall fail yet again. Brendon Nash looks a pretty decent player and got some runs.

So its chanders and the tail again. Hes got Taylor the Centurion in with him. W.I will be looking for 300 here atleast.

minhasuz said:
Ramdin is worst wicketkeeper player i dont why he is still in the team they should call fletchers or baugh

Ramdin's a good keeper and not a bad batsman though he's not shown it in this series with the bat at least.

I'm assuming you didn't watch Baugh play against us last month, if Ramdin had played instead and not scored a run it prolly would have made the series result different.

Makes me thankful we got Kami though.

98.6 O'Brien to Benn, OUT, and he's gone! Benn didn't last long as another fuller delivery tempts him to drive and a thin outside edge carries through to the gloves of McCullum
SJ Benn c wicketkeeperMcCullum b O'Brien 0 (0m 2b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

98.5 O'Brien to Benn, no run, fuller and outside off and the new batsmen is left feeling for it

98.4 O'Brien to Taylor, OUT, pitched up and he goes for the pull shot only to catch a thin edge and McCullum takes a routine catch
JE Taylor c wicketkeeperMcCullum b O'Brien 18 (0m 24b 3x4 0x6) SR: 75.00

Chanderpaul looks like he'll be left batting with the 11th batsman again.

Edwards out LBW O'Brien. O'Brien 6-76
Chanderpaul 126*
WI 307 all out

0/0

SHould have been a run out in that last over!

Imagine a cricket team has 20 players. Chanderpaul will end up scoring 1000 not out.

I feel sorry for Chanderpaul because he is always left to bat with tailenders. In future they should open with him despite the fact that he is an opener loll like that he will be able to last WI innings much longer

Light taken after a flurry of scoring NZ 1/119 from 56 overs

Some dull cricket being played here and in India at the moment

Depressing to watch this cricket, nothing to get excited about, Edwards has been the one shining light.

Kiwis just edging this match at the moment. They'll be looking to their more aggressive batsmen (Taylor, Ryder, McCulllum) to push on tomorrow, McIntosh has done his job now he should show some mercy towards the spectators and get out quick tomorrow!

Windies need the early breaks, hope not to see too much innocuous slow bowling tomorrow.

Early wkt for the West Indies, Taylor c Ramdin b Edwards for 4, score now164-3

Ryder with a Tendulkar like clip to square leg, a magnificent shot, followed next ball by another 4 through extra cover, about to cut loose?

Ryder goes for 57 c Ramdin b Edwards, Fidel's got all 4 wkts. McIntosh with his maiden ton in his 2nd test, 111*, McCullum's just smashed powel for a six over cover. Ryder looks the part. New Zealand might have got themselves a test class batsman at last.
At Lunch 266-4

Ryder does look the part but does need to shed off some more of that fat! Unless he has taken inspiration from our :inzi

Why is refferel system available here but not in the other series going on? Heard about the refferel why Taylor got out and commentator said he has it available to him but he didn't use it

12thMan said:
Why is refferel system available here but not in the other series going on? Heard about the refferel why Taylor got out and commentator said he has it available to him but he didn't use it

cuz it was a clear nick....hes not stupid as kumble to use it on every appeal.... :)))

Darren Powels behavior today was embarrassing, and Martin Crowe was spot on, Chris Gayle did nothing about it, just stood their. Poor leadership.

Jamal said:
Wht did Powell do?

He basically lost the plot, McCullum was advancing down the crease as his prone to do, Powell pulled up in his bowling running up and then threw the ball viciously at McCullum, he than bowled two bouncers in a row and started abusing McCullum with the many expletives including the F bomb amongst others. Totally lost the plot because the game was going against us. Gayle did nothing but stand at slip, as a captain Gayle should be showing that this behavior isn't on, he didn't.

Start of day 4 now, Gayle hits a six to bring up his 50, West Indies 85-2 but here's a referral for lbw against Marshall, and given not out, ball see to hit bat and pad at the same time, benefit of doubt given to the batsman

another lbw referral turned down, against Gayle this time, followed next ball by a huuuuuuge six, out of the ground. They are choosing a replacement ball at the moment

Patel gets 2 wkts in two balls inc Chanderpaul first ball, now on a hat trick

Have to take my hat off to Gayle, finally showing some leadership. Pity the rest of the lineup has failed again.

^^yee hats off but since wickets are falling Gayle should start playing his natural game. Shouldnt he what do you think?

minhasuz said:
^^yee hats off but since wickets are falling Gayle should start playing his natural game. Shouldnt he what do you think?

After Taylor got out I agree, he should start blasting now but calculated blasting not every ball like he tends to do, unlike the Aussie tail, the West Indian tail is weak to say the least.

^yee i know since West Indies tail is weak, that is why i am saying he should start playing a bit faster

WI lead by 214 with 3 wickets in hand at stumps on the fourth day.

Interesting finish might be coming up.

Games evenly Balanced. Gayle will need to probably take the lead up to 250 to really give W.I a chance of victory.

Flynn and ryder seem to be settling in well into N.Z line up. Nash did well again for W.I but the likes of chattergoon and marshall are simply not test material!

Amjid Javed said:
Games evenly Balanced. Gayle will need to probably take the lead up to 250 to really give W.I a chance of victory.

Flynn and ryder seem to be settling in well into N.Z line up. Nash did well again for W.I but the likes of chattergoon and marshall are simply not test material!

They seem to have found a couple of decent batsmen

Windies are missing Bravo and Samuels at the moment! Thats why they have got to do with the likes of Chattergoon and Marshall in the test team at the moment!

As for New Zealand, both Ryder and Flynn are settling in well into the test team!

Should WI declare? Only 67 (I think that is what I heard) left in the day and this is the last day. 36 min till lunch and this is the last day. They have to if they want a result

Appears they are going for some quick runs, but they probably will want the required run rate to be above 5 an over.

Jeetan Patel with his 5th wkt, Edwards caught by Taylor at slip for 20, lead 299

Edwards ct at first slip of Patel. Patel has 5 wickets
Wii 363-9 - lead by 299

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back