NO!!!!! (aka OZ v WI - DLF Cup final)

OZGOD

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
WHY is Krapich still in the side? And they dropped Haydunce who though slow and pedestrian at least knows how to bat, field and throw.

What a joke!

Teams

Australia 1 Simon Katich, 2 Shane Watson, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Michael Clarke, 5 Andrew Symonds, 6 Michael Hussey, 7 Brad Haddin (wk), 8 Brad Hogg, 9 Brett Lee, 10 Nathan Bracken, 11 Glenn McGrath

West Indies 1 Chris Gayle, 2 Shivnarine Chanderpaul, 3 Ramnaresh Sarwan, 4 Brian Lara (capt), 5 Dwayne Bravo, 6 Wavell Hinds, 7 Runako Morton, 8 Dwayne Smith, 9 Carlton Baugh (wk), 10, Ian Bradshaw, 11 Jerome Taylor

OZGOD said:
WHY is Krapich still in the side? And they dropped Haydunce who though slow and pedestrian at least knows how to bat, field and throw.

What a joke!

Teams

Australia 1 Simon Katich, 2 Shane Watson, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Michael Clarke, 5 Andrew Symonds, 6 Michael Hussey, 7 Brad Haddin (wk), 8 Brad Hogg, 9 Brett Lee, 10 Nathan Bracken, 11 Glenn McGrath

West Indies 1 Chris Gayle, 2 Shivnarine Chanderpaul, 3 Ramnaresh Sarwan, 4 Brian Lara (capt), 5 Dwayne Bravo, 6 Wavell Hinds, 7 Runako Morton, 8 Dwayne Smith, 9 Carlton Baugh (wk), 10, Ian Bradshaw, 11 Jerome Taylor

krapich who is he?????? he's not in the line up!!!!

Last edited:
Not good selection from the Aussies.

Krapich included again, and Haydunce left out. Haydunce has scored 2 40's in this series, Krapich has done jack.

OZGOD and others - pls do not abuse player names - this is a strict policy at PP.

btw, Katich is due to visit my neighbours house in October ( his mum in law lives there !)

Hayden was left out because he abused Martyn when he got run OUT. Thats my guess. He said to Martyn. f*** off

Another reason. Katich needs more games as opener in the build up to WC 2007. So does Watson. Hayden will get loads of opportunities in tests!

I say good selection by the Aussies. But I also say I have a feeling WI are gonna win this cup

Last edited:
now that i know the name i think katich shouldnt be playing even though hayden swore at martyn who cares they should still play him.

Martyn has also been dropped unless Aussie's are still resting players even in the final.

What is going on? Watson opening the innings, and expected to bowl 10 overs?

What utter crap team selection, and team line up

Abdul, Cricinfo get it right 9 times out of 10.

Uzzy said:
The irony :))

What irony?

I am talking about the probable selection of the team, the one Aussies will most likely pick. Not talking about whether its a good team or not.

Lets see

Australia have not batted particulary well and still have won. They field their full strenth squad and Wi have been the biggest chokers in the tournament. I'd say adavantage Aussies. On the bright side with Ramadan i finally get to see most of the match.

Easa said:
What irony?

I am talking about the probable selection of the team, the one Aussies will most likely pick. Not talking about whether its a good team or not.

You said

"Cricinfo get it right 9 times out of 10."

You know that is not true, and I'm not talking about this probable lineup.

Uzzy said:
You said

You know that is not true, and I'm not talking about this probable lineup.

Actually when it comes to predicting lineups they do get it right 9 times out of 10.

Hash said:
Actually when it comes to predicting lineups they do get it right 9 times out of 10.

I never said anything about the probable lineups! I was talking overall.

Uzzy said:
I never said anything about the probable lineups! I was talking overall.

Well I was talking about predicting lineups and then you talked about irony. Fail to see the irony.

Easa said:
Well I was talking about predicting lineups and then you talked about irony. Fail to see the irony.

I know you was talking about probable lineups. Just seeing the sentence

when we know the amount of mistakes they produce.

Should be a cracking final. I expect an Aussie win unless Brian Lara decides to put on a man one show in defiance!

MIG said:
OZGOD and others - pls do not abuse player names - this is a strict policy at PP.

btw, Katich is due to visit my neighbours house in October ( his mum in law lives there !)

Are you going to crack down on the use of the word teenda as well, tundu or any of the other names that we affectionately ascribe to Tindulkar.

Uzzy said:
I know you was talking about probable lineups. Just seeing the sentence

when we know the amount of mistakes they produce.
Ok. I meant it in a different context but whatever, right?

Well at least Watson is playing. I could do with a laugh at him getting out cheaply then getting slapped around the park by Lara. Tony Greig "aw boy, he's not too bothered about Watson is he?"

mooz said:
Are you going to crack down on the use of the word teenda as well, tundu or any of the other names that we affectionately ascribe to Tindulkar.
It would help if you also used his correct name :)

One of the reasons why Katich was initially included in the team was to provide support for Gilchrist to let loose at the other end. But with no Gilli in the team, I would have opened with Clarke

UJ said:
One of the reasons why Katich was initially included in the team was to provide support for Gilchrist to let loose at the other end. But with no Gilli in the team, I would have opened with Clarke
opening with Clarke is a very good option indeed !

Opening with Haddin and Katich could also be a combination.

The weather forecast doesn't look all that promising for this all important game - the met department has predicted spells of rain through the day.

MIG said:

Fair enough. Am I allowed to call him Muppet? :))

This has got to be the most feeble opening pair ever. Watson is a slightly better batsman, but he's not an opener.

So here is the deal.....If there is no four or a six or a wicket in this over then i will go to bed

No India - no fun :) How can Pakistani supporters enjoy any game:

1. Where Pak doesnt win
2. India doesnt lose ?

Surely the possibility of an OZ loss is cause for probably celebration, MIG? Look how many people come out the woodwork when OZ lose! :D

OZ crawling along, 9 for no loss after 5 overs.

OZGOD said:
Surely the possibility of an OZ loss is cause for probably celebration, MIG? Look how many people come out the woodwork when OZ lose! :D

OZ crawling along, 9 for no loss after 5 overs.
10 now, with Katich on 1 from 12. Scintillating stuff. Now watch him score a century off 135 balls and start shaking his fist towards a camera

Katich nearly ran Watson out!!!! :69:

Daoud said:
10 now, with Katich on 1 from 12. Scintillating stuff. Now watch him score a century off 135 balls and start shaking his fist towards a camera

100 off 135, that would be a record for him.

Beautiful shot from Watson to the boundary.

11 runs off Matrix's over, all from Watson.

Watson goneski for 18. Simple catch in the slips by Gayle.

Katich nearly runs out Ponting this time!

Katich 2 from 22 :|

Ponting needs to have a word with him

Katich nearly runs out Ponting again! Put him out of his misery now! :69:

UJ said:
Katich 2 from 22 :|

Ponting needs to have a word with him

Ponting had a word, and he's now 3 of 27. I reckon he's a bit behind in his efforts to get the 100 from 135 Daoud was forecasting. :D

Geez, Katich makes Chris Tavare look like a veritable Afridi.

He wants to reach a stage where its a run a ball to the forecast
Or maybe I didnt mean century, I meant half century, but he'll still need to up the rate for that

My fear is that Ponting will get impatient because of Katich's turtle-like approach and take more risks and get himself out. I've already seen a couple of signs.

Now check this out...Katich plays FIVE dot balls and then takes a single at the end of the over to retain the strike?!?

Taylor to Katich, no run, short and outside the leg stump, should have been pulled away for a boundary. Katich attempts to do it, the ball bounds off the back of the bat and drops on the off side
Miggy, when he comes down would you teach him how to play.

I told you...this bloke can't bat, can't bowl, can't field, can't run, and causes runouts.

I'm getting worried...he's keeping his wicket intact, but he's putting a lot of pressure on the strokemakers behind him.

DOnt be harsh. He wanted to sacrifice himself for the teams good but couldnt even do that

We're going to end up with a score of 150 at this run rate, particularly with another plodder like Marto at the crease. Let's see who can run the other out first.

Can't believe that the WI are doing this with only 1 or 2 recognised bowlers.

My, i'm so glad i missed this Katich slow start. Hopefully Martyn can accelerate.

Can't believe I'm staying up to watch Katich, he's a cure for anyone's insomnia.

Batsmen R B 4s 6s SR
DR Martyn (rhb) 9 18 1 0 50.00 striker
SM Katich (lhb) 11 47 0 0 23.40 non-striker

worst batting performance by any team i donno what these guys are thinking

Well what i'm dreading is that Clarke is due to come in next. If it's Katich and Clarke i might go back to bed. Clarke is known for being a bore on tough pitches.

Come on Katich, break the shackles son. Six. In one shot he increased his score by 25%.

The part timers coming on now. Gayle to bowl.

Katich gifts his wicket away, lofting Gayle straight into the man running in on the cover boundary.

80/3

Katich goneski. At least he went down swinging instead of blocking.

Symmo comes in before Clarke. Symmo normally takes a little while to play himself in. He'll either get out for below 10 or put up a big score.

Back