Not open for further replies.

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
west indies lead 2 match series 1-0.

test match records @ at Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica

west indies - played 40 - won 21 lost 6 drawn 13

*west indies have won 6 out of their last 7 test matches on this ground.

pakistan - played 2 - lost 2

------------------------------------------

team news - pakistan are set to recall inzi and s malik for bazid khan and yasir hameed.

west indies will replace injured fidel edwards with tino best or ian bradshaw

-----------------------------------------

place all updates of day 1 on this thread please.

thank you ;)+ ;)+

salam amjid,
u beat me too starting an offical thread again :(( :((
Doesn't matter i will move on and prepare my next email to sky
and jimmy adams ;-)

Fessal said:
salam amjid,
and jimmy adams ;-)

well u get jimmy and il convientley forget to post day2s offical thread ;-) ;)+

I hope the team has a better plan to tackle lara and chanderpaul this time rather than hoping for Kaneria to somehow take their wickets.

I heard the pitch is fast bowlers friendly and we don't have none. Another tough test for pakistan.

Leh we go West Indies time for a needed series vicotry agianst a good outfit! but I expect Pakistan to come at as real hard but if we can weather the storm im pretty confident we can win the series

Amjid Javed said:
Fessal said:
salam amjid,
and jimmy adams ;-)

well u get jimmy and il convientley forget to post day2s offical thread ;-) ;)+

It's ok I'll let u do day 2s as I will do day 6s official thread...but i'll still get adams ;-)

Maybe not Zohaib but we were still able to skittle you lot out twice on a flat Barbados track!

But Windies dont have Fidel! Thats a huge blow if they wanna bowl Pakistan out. If Tino plays hes gonna have to bowl out of his skin

But Raz! I really see not having Fidel as a blow to us winning yes! but with our batting line up and Pakistans lack of fast bowling I dont see us losing this game unless we bat like morons

Well sars, my pal, come tommorow I highly doubt ya'll will repeat the feat. Pakistan as west indies are very complacent sides. Pak are now awake and even w/o shoaib/sami will make it happen in the next five days.

And BTW, windians didn't bowl all that well. Both teams ATM have a bunch of pie throwers, Edwards was the only difference with his pace.

sars_pal said:
But Raz! I really see not having Fidel as a blow to us winning yes! but with our batting line up and Pakistans lack of fast bowling I dont see us losing this game unless we bat like morons

The Windies batting machine, although i rate it third after India and Australia is still hit and miss. Ive still got bad memories of Sabina Park last year when Harmison destroyed them totally!

I agree in the past we have been way too complacent, but one thing we havent been doing is winning, in our matches we were never losing badly but we were losing.

In the last game we finally ended that losing run and to a good side, we do not take that forgranted and we know that if we lose this game the Barbados victory will be dilluted.

We will for sure be looking for 2-0 but all of us West Indians will be oer the moon with a draw.

I know we didnt bowl well but we still skittled you out you didnt show much discpline with the bat, your confidence has to be low after that thrashing and thats a situation we need to take advantage of

Yes, you're right but your playing Pak not some other team. Pak, for some odd reason, has a habit of getting their **** kicked before winning. For a most recent example, just look at the india series. We absolutley love losing and then coming from behind. Yes, I know it's pretty retarted but that's how they seem to work. I hope they can improve on that. Anyway I expect a ripper of a battle for the next five days!

I agree and I do expect a heck of a fight from them they are a very very talented side and very proud, much like us all our best perofamcnes have been nomally after losing.

I expect a really good match and I think its going to be a shoot out between our batsman and your bowlers

Raz said:
sars_pal said:

The Windies batting machine, although i rate it third after India and Australia is still hit and miss. Ive still got bad memories of Sabina Park last year when Harmison destroyed them totally!

We don't have anybody bowling half as well as Harmison and Flintoff did on that tour though

Flintoff did lay into us, but he caught us off guard to be fair I think u miss Aktar but we are unliely to fold agian like that i exepct us to come away unbeaten in the series

Big Mac said:
Raz said:
sars_pal said:

We don't have anybody bowling half as well as Harmison and Flintoff did on that tour though

You must remember before that test Harmison was no one, infact people questioned his fitness and many people questioned his selection(as he sucked big in county). He proved them all wrong with such a great performance.

All bowlers need that breakout performance(like music artisits need that breakout song) to gain confidence. Rana had his 4-25 against India in ICC CT, which got him going, since then he has been stellar. If it was not for his early career, his stats would be much better.

Piggy ( Miggys evil twin) says Lara and Gayle will flop !!

What does Piggy use to predict the future. THe allignment of Mars and Jupiter, Parrots picking cards or a crystal ball?

Piggy Sense says:

1. Lara/Gayle usually score big once in a series - has done it

2. Pak always start slow - have done it !!

Piggy rests his case ( oink oink )

My playing team !

1.Salman But
2.Sohaib Malik
3.Younis Khan
4.Inzamam-Ul-Haq*
5.Asim Kamal
6.Kamran Akmal+
7.Shahid Afridi
8.Abdur Razzak
9.Shabir Ahmed
10. Rana-Naved-Ul-Hassan
11.Danish Kaneria

6 bowling options

- 3 spinners

- 3 fast

I don't expect Bazid Khan to make any chance to play either Yasir Hameed. It is a good line up, we have to see more consisty in the team. I know that Sohaib Malik is a suprize at the opening but it is true he will open :)

any1 has the latest weather forecast in jamaica please???

i m expecting a very definsive play from Westindies...they r not like sub-continent teams or Australia who always go for attacking even if they have already won the series!

India gave us the chance by playing attacking cricket in the final Test at Bangalore and we grabbed the oppurtunity and drew the series!...Srilankans played positive cricket at Karachi in 2004 even though they were leading the series !..but i dont think Westindies will play that kind of cricket ..rite from the very first ball they will be looking to draw the test and win the series!...they r not gonna play for win thats for sure!

expect 150+ balls 50's from the likes of Chanderpaul and Hinds!...also weather is a big concern too!..i hope it stays well for all the 5 days!..

Pakistan are going to loose the second one as well. They won't be able to beat a test side like West Indies, especially, with their form.

sars_pal said:
i exepct us to come away unbeaten in the series
It all depends on the way the Windies bat. I feel that it's the West Indies game to lose rather than a game to win.

What time is the match starting? Is it 4:05 UK time?

superb weather for next few days...

Kingston, Jamaica

No idea whether it starts in 10 mins or in 1 hr and 10 mins

Can anyone tell me when the match will start UK time?

cricinfo doesnt say whether paks have decided to bat first or not....

Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat first

fishermen shud be out soon....

Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat first

0.1 bradshaw to hameed - wide outside off stump hameed wafts and misses

0.2 bradshaw to hameed - even wider outside off stump hameed wafts and this time catches a red herring...

Amjid Javed said:

0.2 bradshaw to hameed - even wider outside off stump hameed wafts and this time catches a red herring...
has the match started?....

0.1 four- bradshaw to hameed - wide outside off stump hameed wafts and connects goes for four..

hameeds new rod is doing the trick...

still no idea about the team? (other than the predicted bbc urdu lineup which is probably made up anyway)

Amjid Javed said:

LOL. the battle of the fishermen

z10 said:
Amjid Javed said:

has the match started?....
:))) :))) :))) :))) :))) :))) :))) :)))

Hash said:
still no idea about the team? (other than the predicted bbc urdu lineup which is probably made up anyway)

hafeez and noddy bhai opening

The weather is... well lovely, sunny with a nice ocean breeze

Pak to bat first. Bazid out Inzi and Shoaib Malik playing

Pitch is a bit greenish with a dark tinge and the first hour will
be critical
Thats according to the experts who think the team winning the toss
ought to bowl

bilal said:
The weather is... well lovely, sunny with a nice ocean breeze

OCEAN BREEZE, no wonder we went with Hameed and Malik

Salman not playing! Nazir not playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The players are wearing black armbands in memory of Pakistan's
Fazal Mahmood who died on 30th May

MALIK MALIK MALIK OPENING!!! INTERESTING

Why is Yasir Playing - any logical explanations? Is Butt injured?

fish and miss by malik... no foot movement

pak 0/0(1)

3 fishes and misses by malik

maiden by powell

we need to make a thread where we can take the mick out of this fishing thing

First ball Hameed faces- Fish and a Miss!

waft and miss fisherameed...

tut tut

slash thru gully for 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back