Jayawardene set to face Africans

Match starts 1100 BST Saturday

o.gif
_40707310_jayaw203.jpg

end_quote.gif
The bowlers did well in the first game but the batsmen are not doing well
end_quote.gif

Inzamam-ul-Haq

Sri Lanka batsman Mahela Jayawardene has been drafted into the Asian side as they try to even the score in the second game against an African XI.

The opening match at Centurion provided a thrilling finish with the Africans coming out on top by two runs.

Asia captain Inzamam-ul-Haq expects Jayawardene to provide solidity in their middle order.

But Muttiah Muralitharan and Kumar Sangakkara must undergo fitness tests before their team is finalised.

"Murali aggravated a groin injury in the first match. We will have another look at him on Saturday morning because it is very important he plays," coach Rumesh Ratnayeke said.

The home side hope to have a full complement of players available minus Graeme Smith, who serves the final match of a slow over-rate ban imposed earlier this year during South Africa's series against West Indies. All-rounder Justin Kemp and paceman Dale Steyn have recovered from being struck by balls from Shoaib Akhtar yorkers :27: on Wednesday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know lots of people say that these games are totally pointless, and i agree, but what the heck, Afridi's playing :19:

Rushed job to get pitches prepared

Cricinfo staff

August 19, 2005

The groundsman at Durban's Kingsmead Stadium is a man under pressure as he battles to prepare pitches for the second and third matches in the Afro-Asian Cup.

Wilson Ngobese was given little advance notice of the games, and he told the IOL website that he was in a no-win situation. "To prepare a wicket for matches at this part of the year is not easy. All we were doing here was getting the table ready for the 2005-06 season and bang came the news that we will be staging two Afro-Asian games here this week."

Despite this, he remained confident that the ground would be ready for the matches on Saturday and Sunday. "We will have a good track ready for the opening game and I suppose you could say the same for Sunday's final match in the three-game series," he said. "There's a lot of grass on the wicket table at the moment. You would expect this at this time of the year as we allow it to grow until we are close to the start of the new season...but that will have to be shaved off by early Saturday morning; this is a one-day contest and I'd like it to be fair to both sides."

Cant wait to see afridi hitting those towering sixes and shoaib screming those express pace yorkers...........unfortuntly havent got ARY/ZEE.:(

"All-rounder Justin Kemp and paceman Dale Steyn have recovered from being struck by balls from Shoaib Akhtar yorkers :27: on Wednesday."

The yorker to kemp was as lethal as it gets: inswinging and attacking the feet. I hope we can see a couple of more of those in the second game.

wud love to see this game but anyway i'll follow it but what time does it start

american time EST (like new york and new jersey) please reply quickly couse i gotta go to sleep and will need to wake up early tomorrow ... i think...

hasanahmad said:
Afridi's Golden season is over. You will see what I mean

Hasan bhai it was a not so serious type of a match. The way afridi played showed he was not serious at all(after getting out they shoed afridi in the dressing room and he was laughing). I think u should jusge his form from todays and tommorows match as these 2 will be very important matches for Asia XI.:9:

Its coming free on Zee Music - Channel 809 in the UK.
Waqar Younis is in the studio (check out his shirt).

Streak to Afridi first ball 6 over cover
second ball rapped on the pads on full and out.

Long live Afridi

Not actually sure what is funnier - Waqar's shirt or Afridi's innings.

ASia XI must be smarter and realize this is nto home where you can brash the ball around. They got build a innings and one person has to bat through, preferably Sangakarra.

Personally, thi sseries should be held at a different time in India. It is in the early stages and you need all the support, and you are not going to get any in SA as shown as all the critics have been badmouthing it. While if this was in India, people who not care what critics said and would still have a sold out stadium.

I want to see Sehwag take on Pollock.

if we make anything above 250 the match is won...

asia 32/1... 6 overs...

Last edited:
Nauman said:
Streak to Afridi first ball 6 over cover
second ball rapped on the pads on full and out.

Long live Afridi
:91:

I second that!

How is it free on zee music? I just checked there is no cricket on! Just a bunch of indians dancing!!!!:12: I havr got ARY or ZEE so how do i watch this match! Will it co e on ZEE music tommorow?

youhana stepping on the gas

a six followed up with a four

can someone watching live please describe the six...cricinfo is being useless again!

z10 said:
youhana stepping on the gas

a six followed up with a four

can someone watching live please describe the six...cricinfo is being useless again!

he hit the ball and it went over the boundary without bouncing

Hash said:
he hit the ball and it went over the boundary without bouncing

das gr8...but my deduction abilities are atleast this developed....just that he hit it over square leg (so says cricinfo), i wanted to know if it was a pull or a flick...

any way to watch this match guys? i wanna see akhtar bowl

asia are looking pretty bad though cuz razzaq went thru in one over with jayawardne (cuz of inzi run out). akhtar is in with inzi...can they get far?

Last edited:
zeeshan- you have to have Ghee TV

dude i used to but the dish guy screwed up my connection...my dad got zee tv and ary just for this occasion cuz he luvs cricket but he screwed up our connection...any othjer way

sorry bhai...dont know any other way

but more importantly, why is inzi batting so slow!?

more importantly...hey.....

yea tht is a good question...i mean if zaheer can hit a four...cand inzi hit 10 of them?

inzamam has got a runner

and its the apparent unfit akhtar :O

monsee saab are you reading....

o great now akhtar will get injured even quciker..plus hell get tired so he wont bowl...why not afridi...afridi is mad fast...

any hope of a link?

z10 said:
inzamam has got a runner

and its the apparent unfit akhtar :O

monsee saab are you reading....

::J Qiyamat kaay aasaar hein...parha tha kahain keh Qiyamat ki nishanion mein saay aik yeh bhi ho gi:D :)))

264 is a good total...a winning one i think...inzi blasted in the last two over..but it wuznt a real blast...not an afridi one at least..

i really wanna watch akhtar bowl...any1 have a link..i had a couple but htey dont work

Monsee said:
::J Qiyamat kaay aasaar hein...parha tha kahain keh Qiyamat ki nishanion mein saay aik yeh bhi ho gi:D :)))

jab range haat pakre ge ho.....to phir ye jawaab....desi jo huaay ;-)

In the post-match programme with Waqar and Kapil were talking about who the greater all-rounder was between Imran and Kapil. Even Kapil said that Imran was the better all-rounder. ICFers eat your heart out!

Well Kapil said Imran was a far better bowler - and I don't there was any doubt he was - but Kapil said he felt he was a more naturally talented batsman tha Imran.

he said that? in front of all ppl...hmm...i dont think thts very modest...do u?

who goes to ICF anyway? imran wuz always the best...after gary sobers and a couple others

and Akhtar starts off with a no-ball....who would of thought eh?

But Akthar is not helping his cause by spraying the ball all over the place. He wants a third slip but cannot bowl to a consisent line and length, what is the captain to do?

You and hassan are one in the same, it is too difficult to understand what you are saying? Also please stop spamming the forum asking for a link to africa vs asia game.

is it me or does this south afrrican battign line up look weaker than the other one

dude amir...***...god...i wuznt spamming u...i wuz posting along with it commenting on the game like everyone els...dont tell me that you dont want to watch the match...i mean...its everyones wish to see the cricket when pakistan is playing...so i feel i have not done anyharm PLUS i dint only ask for a link...i wuz just adding it in with my post hoping there wuz a link

AND HOW WAS MY LAST POST NOT MAKING ANY SENSE! someone made a comment on inzi not knowing what to do when shoaib was bowling off...so i said that Inzi IS his own captain so he should know...god amir...u just like to pick on the little ppl dont u?

plus u didnt make sense when u put the question mark...every forum i go people pick on me and then i leave! since ur not even mod...i dont think u shud tkae away a member from this site...

Last edited:
u seems to me same zeeshan from ********************* right. the one from NJ

Sadly he is. Moreover, ASia needs wickets to win this game. AFrica suprisingly bat down to number 11(with the super sub brought in!). Zaheer cannot take all the wickets and the pacers must deliver some assistance.

Straight forward catch, and Sangakaraa misses it. This could cause Asia, because we need wickets at regular intervals with all 11 batsmen knowing how to bat!

ashwell prince has been run out off razzaq bowllign by razzaq

another let off 4 de vvillers dropped by jaywardene of the bpowling of razzaq

damn how i wanted him to get that wicket

Amir said:
Sadly he is. Moreover, ASia needs wickets to win this game. AFrica suprisingly bat down to number 11(with the super sub brought in!). Zaheer cannot take all the wickets and the pacers must deliver some assistance.

sadly? huh amir...u disgust me...i dont think ur a pakistani

Zeeshan Anwar said:
sadly? huh amir...u disgust me...i dont think ur a pakistani

Oh no a 2 year old told me I am not Pakistani, let me go cry in my corner.

Asia should look to aim to get Kemp out, he is one guy that can turn the game on its head. Asia has got to stop dropping catches because it may costs them the game. Even if they win, they still cannot drop catches as it will come to hurt them in the next game.

anyone got a link that works???

wud be grateful if u cud share it, thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back