Pakistan v Australia | CT 2009 | Centurion | 30/9/09 | Aus Inns

Status
Not open for further replies.

amar1212

Local Club Regular
Runs
One thing I liked what Younis said in Captain's Corner

i dont know if u saw it but when the host asked him wat he thought about aamir, when the day before the game he said he would love to take sachin's wicket, and he did it during the game,
yunis said, he liked what he did, but did not wanted to praise him too much because then the fans start comparing him as the next wasim or waqar and then the players get attitude and think highly of themselves, which then effects their performance in a bad way....and then he told him thats wat happend with sohail tanvir.....he said he wants aamir to devalope in a perfect bowler and once he starts breaking records, or take atlest 200 wickets then he will starts praising him..

now i think thats a captian like thinking... :yk

Last edited:
In the end it's up to Aamer in regards to how he handles all of the praise he will get. Younus may be trying to keep Aamer away from this stuff, but the kid is not oblivious of the world that he won't hear things.

He just needs to keep Aamer grounded and keep telling him that he's not that good yet and he has to keep proving himself. Plus it seems Younus is putting value behind his praise which will make the players thirst for his praise (hopefully).

This is why I love Younis Khan. Shahid Afridi has been my favorite personality of Pakistan cricket for a long time but recently I have really started to appreciate the wisdom of Younis. Starting with the first batting collapse during the Sri Lanka series, listening to him made so much sense. It's not as if he is saying anything complex or difficult to understand, he is blunt but he is not rash in his thinking. He is always thinking about how to be a good leader and this type of leader should be appreciated by all fans of Pak Cricket.

iman2413 said:
This is why I love Younis Khan. Shahid Afridi has been my favorite personality of Pakistan cricket for a long time but recently I have really started to appreciate the wisdom of Younis. Starting with the first batting collapse during the Sri Lanka series, listening to him made so much sense. It's not as if he is saying anything complex or difficult to understand, he is blunt but he is not rash in his thinking. He is always thinking about how to be a good leader and this type of leader should be appreciated by all fans of Pak Cricket.

Indeed, just goes to show he was always the right man for the job after Inzi retired and how much he was missed as captain when Malik was in the role.

Raz said:
Indeed, just goes to show he was always the right man for the job after Inzi retired and how much he was missed as captain when Malik was in the role.
:yk > :malik ;-)

amar1212 said:

Even the most fanatical Malik fan cannot disagree with us both here.

Going back to what Younis said, it's important that Aamer does not rest on his laurels. He's the most talented fast bowler that Pakistan has produced since Mohammad Sami and he could become a great of the game if he continues in the manner that he has done thus far.

Raz said:
Even the most fanatical Malik fan cannot disagree with us both here.

Going back to what Younis said, it's important that Aamer does not rest on his laurels. He's the most talented fast bowler that Pakistan has produced since Mohammad Sami and he could become a great of the game if he continues in the manner that he has done thus far.
So Asif and Gul are not fast bowlers?

Last edited:
amar1212 said:
so asif and gul are not fast bowlers?
It is not hard to capatilize the names and letter starting the sentence. Makes it easier to read

12thMan said:
It is not hard to capatilize the names and letter starting the sentence. Makes it easier to read
ok my my english teracher..

amar1212 said:
so asif and gul are not fast bowlers?

Asif is a medium pacer not a fast bowler. Gul is a bit of a curious case, he's bowled 150kph before, but these days he very rarely hits 140kph. His mindset is that of a fast bowler, I guess that is the most important thing.

I still rate Sami and Aamer as being the most talented fast bowlers that Pakistan has produced since Shoaib Akhtar. Sami, because he had express pace and almost had it all at one point, but always lacked mental prowess. Aamer has the brain of a fast bowler and preys on the weakness of a batsman. In fact ally Sami's pace of 2003 with Aamer's cricketing brain and you have almost the perfect fast bowler.

This is why one doesn't scream 'LEGEND!' on the top of their lungs whenever someone's a good cricketer,

Like some of the amateurs on here.

Raz said:
Asif is a medium pacer not a fast bowler. Gul is a bit of a curious case, he's bowled 150kph before, but these days he very rarely hits 140kph. His mindset is that of a fast bowler, I guess that is the most important thing.

I still rate Sami and Aamer as being the most talented fast bowlers that Pakistan has produced since Shoaib Akhtar. Sami, because he had express pace and almost had it all at one point, but always lacked mental prowess. Aamer has the brain of a fast bowler and preys on the weakness of a batsman. In fact ally Sami's pace of 2003 with Aamer's cricketing brain and you have almost the perfect fast bowler.

Sami is still the biggest tragedy as far as i am concerned. I remember seeing him bowl in 2003 and it was amazing to see him bowl at 93-96 mph especially in the Natwest series 2003, i remember those yorkers he bowled to Michael Vaughan.

Back then i had so many high hopes from him and Shoaib that they would become the next big thing after the W's. I would always watch a Pakistani game and i made sure that i saw these guys bowl with the new ball.

amar1212 said:
i dont know if u saw it but when the host asked him wat he thought about aamir, when the day before the game he said he would love to take sachin's wicket, and he did it during the game,
yunis said, he liked what he did, but did not wanted to praise him too much because then the fans start comparing him as the next wasim or waqar and then the players get attitude and think highly of themselves, which then effects their performance in a bad way....and then he told him thats wat happend with sohail tanvir.....he said he wants aamir to devalope in a perfect bowler and once he starts breaking records, or take atlest 200 wickets then he will starts praising him..

now i think thats a captian like thinking... :yk

When sohail came to sudden fame in T20 world cup in 2007....Malik was the captain then....and media also made sohail the wrong foot bowler the over night hero....see what happened next...attitude problems were reported in the media and Sohail's performed also dipped to an extent that he got dropped from the Pakistan squad.

Savak said:
Sami is still the biggest tragedy as far as i am concerned. I remember seeing him bowl in 2003 and it was amazing to see him bowl at 93-96 mph especially in the Natwest series 2003, i remember those yorkers he bowled to Michael Vaughan.

Back then i had so many high hopes from him and Shoaib that they would become the next big thing after the W's. I would always watch a Pakistani game and i made sure that i saw these guys bowl with the new ball.

We had an established shoaib akhter by the time Sami came on International scene....all the attention by all the concerned was on Shoaib Akhter than on sami....He performed exceptionally on NZ tour as well..

Younis Khan needs to worry about his own batting at the moment coz its been a while that he played any significant ODI innnings. He is a very good Test player, good captain who led us to T20 victory , but his own batting form in ODIs is worrying and he should work it out..

206 is the target - Asifs first game back ... somewhere in South Africa, Dhoni packing away his bat and gloves.

Cmon Pakistan - lets see some fight - good test for the semis

Ok so Asif will be bowling after a long time. The pitch has been behaving very different to the matches which have been played here. Should be a interesting Australian innings this.

Pakistan would have done a great favour to themselves if they had played today's match with full strength and same passion that was expressed in the game against india:

1) May be avoiding Aussies in the final.
2) Avoid playing on the seaming pitch of wanderers in the semis
3) beating aussies in an odi to improve odi rankings...

I doubt Asif will get the new ball... Why did Gul get the new ball. Kinda riduculous already.

OK, now we see how bad/good this pitch really is. There's definitely some variable bounce, but not a lot of swing or seam movement despite the conditions. The spinners should do well though. I would have them on early if I were YK.

For the OZ, I'm expecting Twatson to get a duck again

gul again leaking runs & pakistan are hurry in loosing the match....

OZGOD said:
OK, now we see how bad/good this pitch really is. There's definitely some variable bounce, but not a lot of swing or seam movement despite the conditions. The spinners should do well though. I would have them on early if I were YK.

For the OZ, I'm expecting Twatson to get a duck again

but he disaapointed you this time, he got some serious runs so far

gul again giving 4444 to watson & help him to come in form again.....

Nice shot for 44444444444444444 from Twatson

What is the least number of overs that Pakistan need to win in order for India to qualify?

Geez this Twatson bloke is a bit of a cowlasher. Am I the only one who can't stand him?? :po:

i have started a 'gul on public trial : ball by ball watch' thread

opening the bowling with Gul. Now, that's a change. I assume everyone wants to go home after the 30th over.

its amazing that they open with gul - hes off colour, and on top of that has never been able to open. why do it?

godzilla said:
its amazing that they open with gul - hes off colour, and on top of that has never been able to open. why do it?

Younis is giving him a chance to get his form back.

Very big moment for Asif here. It's a decent pitch to bowl on. Starts of with a wide.

first five deliveries pretty underwhelming. but cant expect much more from such a long absence. could always have hoped of course, but not really expected.

looks like hes working on line and length over pace... starting to find his radar.

44444444444444444 for Twatson the nub

Aussies realise they need the runs off the pacers before the AA combo come on :afridi :ajmal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back