Dollar Mahmud (RMF, RHB)
Zabid Hossain (WK)
Rubel Hossain (RFM)
Shubashis Roy (RFM)
Golam Kibria (RMF)
Mithun Ali (RHB, WK)
Mohammad Shakil (LB)

Last edited:
beat me to posting the thread....should be an interesting series. btw, rubel is quite a pacy slinger a la fidel edwards and malinga - tho not nearly as fast

I heard that the Bangladeshi's were gonna postpone this series until further notice due to 'recent events' back home...

BD U-19 Vs PAK U-19

Four-day match; Venue-NSK; Toss-Pakistan Under-19; Date-20 to 23 November 2007

Day-1 Lunch

BD U-19 93/1 -Mithun 38*, Ashraful (jr) 47*

Pakistan U-19 Squad:
Imad Wasim
Shan Masood
Ahmed Shehzad
Umar Amin
Usman Salahuddin
Ali Asad
Mohammad Hasan
Adil Raza
Junaid Nadir
Mohammad Rameez
Junaid Khan
Jibran Khan
Shahzaib Ahmed
Azeem Ghumon
Kamran Hussain

Day 1 Score -

BD U-19 273/7 Over -86.1; Tamim Iqbal 0, Mithun Ali 41, Ashraful Aziz 77, Mahmudul Hasan 31, Nasir Hossain 19, Suhrawardi Shuvo 17, Rony Talukder 52*, Dollar Mahmud 17*; Mohammad Rameez 3/57

Full Scorecard

Last edited:
good day for Pakistan

273 for 7......Bangladesh will struggle to put up a decent score from here.

I take it Mohamamd Aamir is still injured

Waseem says, "Good day for Bangladesh..."
Hash says, "good day for Pakistan..."

glass half empty, half full. Which ever way one looks at it.

Very disspointing to see Tamim score duck. He was looking for a test debut. But I guess now it will be only in ODIs. Those who are watching the game, can they give any account of Dollar and what type of prospect he is. There is big hype on him back home. Compare him with your stock.

BD-fan said:
Waseem says, "Good day for Bangladesh..."
Hash says, "good day for Pakistan..."

glass half empty, half full. Which ever way one looks at it.

Very disspointing to see Tamim score duck. He was looking for a test debut. But I guess now it will be only in ODIs. Those who are watching the game, can they give any account of Dollar and what type of prospect he is. There is big hype on him back home. Compare him with your stock.

account of Dollar :))

I think it was good day for both teams, 300 is a very good score at U19 level and we fought back well(Bangladesh 93/1 at lunch).
ODI series in particular will be very interesting as Bangladesh is one of the best teams in the world at U19 level and they will surely give us a better fight than Aus U19 team.

350-450 is actually fairly common at U19 level (India, England, Australia and Pakistan U19 teams all get those scores regularly) and Bangladesh will have to work a miracle to even get to 320 let alone 350.

Bangladesh sadly wont be any challenge in the ODI series, unless we rest players its going to be one way traffic all the way.

IMO, the match is evenly poised at this stage. Bangladesh should score 300+ from here.

Current U-19 team of Bangladesh is a bit inexperienced and the strength is more in bowling than batting.

Rubel, Subhashish and Dollar Mahmud are fairly quick, and Sohrawardy Shubho and Shail will offer good variety with off spin - leg spin combination.

Let's wait for some more time before passing any judgment.

Hash said:
350-450 is actually fairly common at U19 level (India, England, Australia and Pakistan U19 teams all get those scores regularly) and Bangladesh will have to work a miracle to even get to 320 let alone 350.

Bangladesh sadly wont be any challenge in the ODI series, unless we rest players its going to be one way traffic all the way.

not knowing much about the strength of this current BD bunch, lets remember that the only team to beat Pakistan in the last world cup was bangladesh. and freak loss to an england side - who we beat 8 or 9 times in a row 2 months previously - was the only thing which prevented a BD-PAK final.

that being said, the match is evenly poised, as I would say this current lot are a bowling side more than a batting side. so 300 should be defensible and they should get to 300. anything approaching 320 would be a bonus.

as far as who is better, i would still rate PAK the better team for home field advantage and since they are the defending world champs.

ODIs will prolly be a close contest as well.

Miraz said:
IMO, the match is evenly poised at this stage. Bangladesh should score 300+ from here.

Current U-19 team of Bangladesh is a bit inexperienced and the strength is more in bowling than batting.

Rubel, Subhashish and Dollar Mahmud are fairly quick, and Sohrawardy Shubho and Shail will offer good variety with off spin - leg spin combination.

Let's wait for some more time before passing any judgment.

You say it though we have an experienced team.

Tamim Iqbal is an International player if I recall.

We have only Ali Asad and Imad Wasim from the previous U-19 WC and our best bowler(Mohammad Aamir) injured.

Last edited:
Bangla Tiger said:
not knowing much about the strength of this current BD bunch, lets remember that the only team to beat Pakistan in the last world cup was bangladesh. and freak loss to an england side - who we beat 8 or 9 times in a row 2 months previously - was the only thing which prevented a BD-PAK final.

that being said, the match is evenly poised, as I would say this current lot are a bowling side more than a batting side. so 300 should be defensible and they should get to 300. anything approaching 320 would be a bonus.

as far as who is better, i would still rate PAK the better team for home field advantage and since they are the defending world champs.

ODIs will prolly be a close contest as well.

The only players remaining from the previous U-19 team is Ali Asad and Imad Wasim. The rest are new guys.

Dont see how the previous WC match comes into it.

Looks to be a good game. Bangla have an excellent batting lineup, so the bowling has done well.

Muddaser said:
The only players remaining from the previous U-19 team is Ali Asad and Imad Wasim. The rest are new guys.

Dont see how the previous WC match comes into it.

i was only pointing out that Pakistan u-19 is a very strong side having won the last 2 WCs. do you disagree?

thus it makes the 1st innings score of 273-7 a good score and the run rate is decent as well. of course should PAK run up 400+ on this pitch then the performance looks shabby, but with BD U-19s strengths lying with the ball, i doubt PAK will get a large first innings lead. and i wouldn't be surprised if they fail to get a lead at all.

as for the 2nd point, only Tamim and perhaps Dollar played in the last WC so we're more or less in the same boat. not to mention tamim hit a duck so that negates any and all experience he has - which isn't much to begin with.

all in all the match is well balanced. of course it might not be exactly 50-50, perhaps a 52-48, but who's counting?

iZeeshan said:
Looks to be a good game. Bangla have an excellent batting lineup, so the bowling has done well.

i dunno...i haven't heard much about these batsman asides from tamim. i'd say the strength lies in bowling especially with roy, hossain, and mahmud (who took 7-59 in the 1st innings in our domestic first class tourney last week) but of course that could be the ineptitude of batsmen.

BAN seem to do quite well against al test playing countries at the U 19 level yet cant even match WI at the test level. PAK on the other hand are the best U 19 team in the world yet have recently failed to match the top teams at the test level.

Muddaser said:
You say it though we have an experienced team.

Tamim Iqbal is an International player if I recall.

We have only Ali Asad and Imad Wasim from the previous U-19 WC and our best bowler(Mohammad Aamir) injured.

We regularly draft too many youngsters into the international arena and Tamim is one of them. Ideally he should be still playing U-19 cricket not full ODIs.

Anyway, except Tamim and Dollar Mahmud, rest of the boys are new face in the U-19 team and that's why my comment stands.

PlanetPakistan said:
BAN seem to do quite well against al test playing countries at the U 19 level yet cant even match WI at the test level.

Ban U-19 have been doing well for the last 4-5 years. It will take another 4-5 years before these players are ready for test matches.

Last edited:
iZeeshan said:

I dont think so. With exception of Tamim Iqbal, only Marshal plays some regular club or FC cricket among the batsmen.

Our last U-19 team had many players who had started playing FC cricket in their teens before they went on to play for Ban U-19 team.

Hash said:

I dont think there is much diffrence between the U-19 teams of Bangladesh and that of England, Australia and Pakistan.

Our last U-19 team whitewashed England 7-0, defeated Pakistan in the two matches they played with them, won five consecutive matches against Sri U-19, lost just one match in the whole U-19 WC and overall won 70-80-% of their matches against U-19 teams of the established powers.

Day 2 Update

BD U-19 343/10

Rony Talukder 107, Ashraful Aziz 77, Mithun Ali 41, Mahmudul Hasan 31

Hash said:

Bangladesh scored 343/10 in the first innings. You should raise your bar to call something miracle. :)

Miraz said:
Bangladesh scored 343/10 in the first innings. You should raise your bar to call something miracle. :)

yes....it was a mircale that there last 3 wickets put on 70+ runs! Well played.

Where can one get updates because pcboard.com.pk only puts the end of play score up?

Hash said:
yes....it was a mircale that there last 3 wickets put on 70+ runs! Well played.

Where can one get updates because pcboard.com.pk only puts the end of play score up?

Your boys are responding well.

D U-19 Vs PAK U-19
BD U-19 343/10 Over -Tamim 0 (2), Mithun 41 (81; 4x1, 6x3), Ashraful 77 (133; 4x11), Mahmudul 31 (90; 4x2), Nasir 19 (53; 4x2), Marshall 4 (11; 4x1), Sohrawardi 17 (43; 4x2), Rony 107
PAK U-19 112/1 Over -
Day-2 Tea (Four-day match; Venue-NSK; Toss-Pakistan Under-19; Date-20 to 23 November 2007)

Updates are available from BCB official site http://www.tigercricket.com/

Look at the right column of the front page.

HawkEye000 said:
How do you know that? Bangladesh U-19 won the last two matches they played against Pakistan U-19(last U-19 WC and U-19 Afro-Asia Cup). This time our U-19 side is not as strong as last but still it has some decent players.

http://www.pcboard.com.pk/Archive/Scorecards/84/84841.html

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/84/84217.html

Only Ali Asad and Imad Wasim remain in the current Pak U-19 team.

This Pak under 19 team is stronger in the batting department thats for sure.

That's a brilliant effort by our top order, all Bangladeshi bowlers went for a few including Dolar sahab and Rubel. It's great to see Ahmed Shehzad playing a patient knock in longer version of the game because his strike rate is almost always above 100 in one dayers. I can't wait to see him and Umar Amin in action early next year.

There is still lot of batting to come so we should get a reasonable lead.
I don't know where our keeper came from, he hasn't played before at U19 level and all of a sudden we see him playing international cricket. I do trust the selectors though, he must be good as most of the selection is done on merit. Guys like Adil Raza and Junaid Nadir have done well at domestic level.

this team might not win the whole thing but it has excellent batting compared to the other two teams.

infamous9383 said:
this team might not win the whole thing but it has excellent batting compared to the other two teams.

which other two teams?

Hash said:
which other two teams?

Our previous two U19 WC winning teams.

If Aamir comes back, our bowling attack will be as good as previous 2 winning teams but batting is way better. Our top batsmen can bowl well and we have very good all rounders so this is definitely a better U19 team than previous two.

Waseem said:
Our previous two U19 WC winning teams.

If Aamir comes back, our bowling attack will be as good as previous 2 winning teams but batting is way better. Our top batsmen can bowl well and we have very good all rounders so this is definitely a better U19 team than previous two.

oh right

I think this current team is quite a fair bit better than the last two. Agree that we need Mohammad Aamir to make this team complete.....he really is a gem. Anyone have any idea how long he is out for? Back injuries can be quite serious. Let's hope it doesn't have any effect on his bowling.

Imad Wasim seems like a sifarshi to mee, his record isn't flash yet he emains the skipper of the side.

Last edited:
Xoib said:
Imad Wasim seems like a sifarshi to mee, his record isn't flash yet he emains the skipper of the side.

I don't think so, Ahmed Shehzad was captain on our tour of Aus and he was replaced by Imad when they returned and i don't think we have lost any series since then. Imad contributed well with bat and bowl against all the big teams so i don't see why he would need any SIFARSH.

Xoib said:

He is a very handy allrounder

You will find that he always ends up contributing somehow.

Has a pretty good U19 bowling average and is the most experienced out of the entire team at U19 level. He was at the last world cup too.

Waseem said:
I don't think so, Ahmed Shehzad was captain on our tour of Aus and he was replaced by Imad when they returned and i don't think we have lost any series since then. Imad contributed well with bat and bowl against all the big teams so i don't see why he would need any SIFARSH.

It is a Pakistani habit (which probably stems from jealousy) to dismiss anyone they don't like as a sifarishi

Hash said:
He is a very handy allrounder

You will find that he always ends up contributing somehow.

Has a pretty good U19 bowling average and is the most experienced out of the entire team at U19 level. He was at the last world cup too.

Yup thats what we need more bits and pieces.

Xoib said:

yep

bowling average of 24 is 'bits and pieces'! :10:

not to mention an FC batting average of 44

sounds very bits and pieces to me :10:

Xoib said:

Let's forget about his batting for the moment

Imad vs England in ODI's (2nd highest wicket taker after Aamir)
Imad vs England in Tests (highest wicket taker alongwith Aamir)
Imad vs Australia in ODI's( By far the highest wicket taker i.e 12 in 5 games)

Bits and pieces??? :20:

Waseem said:
Let's forget about his batting for the moment

Imad vs England in ODI's (2nd highest wicket taker after Aamir)
Imad vs England in Tests (highest wicket taker alongwith Aamir)
Imad vs Australia in ODI's( By far the highest wicket taker i.e 12 in 5 games)

Bits and pieces??? :20:

:))

OWNAGE!

Wow man umar amin blasts a hundred with ahmed shehzad they6 both making 100 not outs these mans need a call up theyre just batting brilliantly

Quality post Waseem :14: :14: :14:

Also to add to the batting and bowling his captaincy has been praised, he did do a good job against England

disappointed in the BD bowling even if the pitch flattened out afterwards.

but probably this match will end in a draw. well done to the (so far) 3 centurions.

Hash said:
yep

bowling average of 24 is 'bits and pieces'! :10:

not to mention an FC batting average of 44

sounds very bits and pieces to me :10:

Batting avg is boosted by 3 no's while the bowling avg is 56 NOT 24

Xoib said:
Batting avg is boosted by 3 no's while the bowling avg is 56 NOT 24

u19 bowling average is 24

He bats at 6 or 7 so if he is getting not outs that shows he is a good batsman. Has only played 5 FC games. That batting average will go up.

Anyway....you're the only person in the world who doesn't think he is a good player.

there is a confusion with cricinfo or pcb cricket site...if you look at the picture of mohammad rameez( highest wicket taker ) today, he looks like same as mohammad amir...are they both same or they are different....

so finally BD bowlers picked up few wickets in day three morning session
update source: www.tigercricket.com (check the score in your right hand side)

BD U-19 Vs PAK U-19
BD U-19 343/10 Over -104.4; Rony 107 (141; 4x11, 6x2), Ashraful 77 (133; 4x11), Mithun 41 (81; 4x1, 6x3); Ramiz 4/73
PAK U-19 264/4 Over -Shuvashish 2/33, Rubel 2/63
Day-3 Lunch (Four-day match; Venue-NSK; Toss-Pakistan Under-19; Date-20 to 23 November 2007)

Last edited:
Our boys are fighting back.

BD U-19 Vs PAK U-19
BD U-19 343/10 Over -104.4; Rony 107 (141; 4x11, 6x2), Ashraful 77 (133; 4x11), Mithun 41 (81; 4x1, 6x3); Ramiz 4/73
PAK U-19 315/7 Over -Rubel 3 wkts, Shuvashish 2 wkts, Dollar 1 wkt, Sohrawardi 1 wkt
Day-3 Tea (Four-day match; Venue-NSK; Toss-Pakistan Under-19; Date-20 to 23 November 2007)

very odd how only 50 runs were scored per session.

Our boys managed to take the first inning lead. Excellent comeback after initial domination by Pakistani boys.

BD U-19 Vs PAK U-19
BD U-19 343 & 58/3 Over - 24; Tamim 6, Mithun 30 (65b, 4x4), Ashraful 11, Mahmudul 8*, Rubel 0*
PAK U-19 328/10 Over -125.1; Rubel 3/77, Shuvashish 2/43, Mahmudul 2/41, Sohrawardi 2/61, Dollar 1/77
End of Day-3 (Four-day match; Venue-NSK; Toss-Pakistan Under-19; Date-20 to 23 November 2007)

Your boys are doing well in the 2nd innings, already picked up 3 wickets.

Good to see Ban U-19 taking the lead. Seems like the two teams are of equal strength. It was quite shocking yesterday to see the likes of Rubel and Roy not getting wickets. I really expected Rubel to trouble U-19 batsmen with his 85 mph slingers and today he kind of made justice to his talent. Pretty dissapointed with Tamim, may be he is lacking the motivation to do well at the age group level again as it is kind of a demotin for him. Ahmed Shehzad seems like a good batsmen for Pak U-19.

So pakistan collapsed from 200 odd for 1 to 328 all out?

Thats poor stuff!

Disappoinetd with the Pak collapse, they could have shut BD out of the game.

terrific comeback...i can post here head held high (unless of course we have a phenomenal collapse)

A 73 run lead with 7 wickets in hand. Pakistan U19 has shown it can chase in the 4th innings.

Good solid performance by our boys. The match is heading towards a draw, but our boys will have the moral advantage due to first innings lead and good second innings.

BD U-19 Vs PAK U-19
BD U-19 343 & 235/8 Over -Tamim 6, Mithun 30, Ashraful 11, Mahmudul 11, Rubel 3, Nasir 22, Marshall 59, Sohrawardi 23, Rony 36*, Dollar 19*
PAK U-19 328/10 Over -125.1; Rubel 3/77, Shuvashish 2/43, Mahmudul 2/41, Sohrawardi 2/61, Dollar 1/77

Last edited:
Seriously I have expected more from our bowlers especially Adil Raza and secondly we should have played Shahzeb Ahmed.

shame neither side went for the win. Yesterday Pakistan plodded along at 50 runs per session and today Bangladesh showed no sign of accelerating and declaring with a target.

Final score
BD U-19 343 & 273/10
PAK U-19 328 & 70/1

Pretty even game in the end but i expected better from the bowlers, we are definitely missing Aamir and we should have played Shahzaib.

Interesting ODI series coming up.

One day series fixture:
Nov 26: 1st one day match in Niaz Stadium, Hyderabad
Nov 28: 2nd one day match in Niaz Stadium, Hyderabad
Dec 02: 3rd one day match in Defence Housing Authority Stadium, Karachi
Dec 05: 4th one day match in Steel Mills Ground, Karachi
Dec 07: 5th one day match in National Bank of Pakistan Sports Complex, Karachi

U-19s' one-day match today
Source

Bangladesh Under-19 cricket team will play the first one-day match one-day match of a five-match series against their Pakistan counterparts today at the Niaz Stadium in Hyderabad.

The only four-day game between the two teams ended in a draw in Karachi.

The second one-day will also be held at the same venue on Wednesday and after that they will travel back to Karachi to play the remaining matches on December 2, 5 and 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back