Pakistan v Kenya | WC'11 | Group A | Hambantota | 23/02/11 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALLAH HAVE MERCY ON US!

Azhar Mahmood is back!!!

Just two seamers.

Akhtar and Gul are the fast bowlers. Rehman the spinner.

Ajmal, Riaz, Shafiq and Junaid not playing.

Hafeez
Shezad
Kamran
Younis
Misbah
Umar
Afridi
RAZZAQ
Rehman
Gul
Akhtar

Last edited:
Rehman playing. Akhtar and Shoaib in. No Wahab.

Thats what i call defence captain. Junaid should had played in this match to get some traning against minows.

there is razzaq
For some reason i am extremely nervous
Hopefully Pak will do well Inshallah

I would smash my lcd if they score 280-290 something even against Kenya! :(

Wheres my DAMN MUTE BUTTON!!

Azhar Mahmood is killing me.

Followed by Ajit Agarker :)))

Not sure why Wahab is not playing, it was pace which demolished Kenya in their first game.

mujhde dey deyna bhai, kyun achhi bali cheez torna chahtey ho :malik

jo mere haalat chal rahay hain is forum par lagta hay kuch na kuch waisay hi dena paray ga tum logon ko ;)

ah OK.

don't like it, bowling looks lightweight.

I think we just need runs, especially batting first.

Razzaq at 8, which means we'll be looking at 300+.

As predicted last week I think 2 seamers is going to be the favoured approach here. Just wouldn't have picked Akhtar - both Riaz and Junaid are far ahead. Can Akhtar even complete his overs? Even if he does it is almost guaranteed he will be the most expensive bowler on the park. I would have also picked Ajmal - especially against Kenya.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shahid Afridi wins the toss and Pakistan will have a bat. "We will look to put up a good score, the surface looks dry. The squad is quite balanced. We are going with two seamers, Shoaib and Umar Gul."

Kamande: "We want to improve from the New Zealand game. We didn't turn up for that game. Will look to restrict Pakistan with our spinners."

Does Pakistan need good wishes to win this match ? I don't think so. Should be an one sided affair after Ken Vs NZ match.

What do you guys think?

Afridi: "We will look to put up a good score, the surface looks dry. The squad is quite balanced. We are going with two seamers, Shoaib and Umar Gul."

He thinks Razzaq is a spinner? :O :afridi

I like the two seamer strategy..although feel a bit for riaz, he hasn't done anything wrong.
Although I have to ask, rehman over ajmal in odis??

This is the team we should play with most matches bar injury. Maybe just replace Rehman for a seamer on a seaming track.

Ajmal should have played somehow. These minnows would never be able to understand his doosra, like Netherlands in T20 09.

The class of Pakistan. We're 4th already, having played 1 game less then every other team! :))

IF we get good start . Razaq should come at nr 3 at Akmal should go down to nr 8. And if we get bad start YK or Misbah should come at nr 3. NOT AKMAL

Tony Greig and Ganguly quite nearly fighting on TV. Unnecessary arguments and Greig having a go at Ganguly.

should look to get 250+...but 250 should be minimum, i am just worried that Pak dont take things lightly, like everybody else is.

Pak should play sensibly, dont go too hard and play sensibly for the first 30 overs...go 4.5 to 5 per over and then explode, the Pakistani way

Butcher bigging up Pakistani bowlers, "Pakistan have world class seamers, likes of Shoaib Akhtar and Umar Gul"

Ajmal should have played somehow. These minnows would never be able to understand his doosra, like Netherlands in T20 09.

Ajmal is not in form where as Rehman is so its a understandable decision plus don't underrate Rehman he is very good spinner.
And Hafeez is a capable replacement for Ajmal.
My only worry with this team is the end overs Akhter really goes for runs normally Ajmal was quite good at the end but I think the team has lost confidence in him after the T20 world cup match against AUS.

I like that they're playing Shoaib today. Always a better option to test his match fitness against a minnow.

Don't understand why they are risking Shoaib in these kind of matches when he isn't even 100%.

Agar zakhmi hou gaya tou Afridi apne hotelroom mein tanhai mein royee ga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back