Pakistan V New Zealand | 1st Test | 08/01/11 | Hamilton | Day 3 | Session 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricfan967

ODI Debutant
Runs
Hope Pakistan can put up a solid lead! Would be great if they can play 2 sessions.

Partly Cloudy and 18 degrees at Hamilton.

e.jpg

Last edited:
Misbah and Asad need to see off the new ball, which will be available at the start of play. If the pair get through this, then Pakistan can look set for a decent first innings lead.

Ps. want to see Asad score his maiden century :)

cant wait for the play to begin

great day of sports here in the US

cricket and NFL Playoffs!!!

Go JETS!!!

Morning session - usually the mornings weather/forecast is windy, so there could be a chance of swing and with the new ball set to be available to the NZ bowlers, there's even more pressure on the current two batsmen.

Let's hope Asad and Misbah can avoid giving their wicket away - with the new ball there could be runs leaked or wickets leaked, so let's see what happends.

Misbah has a bad history when it comes to facing the new ball but Asad has opened before I believe and has the abiity but it will be a tough task.

New Zealand Vs Pakistan | 1st Test | 09/01/11 | Hamilton | Day 3 | Session 1

Day 3 - a lot of promise in the way captain and young apprentice have batted. However, it will take 2 good balls to get rid of both and then what?

A lot of questions for Pakistan to answer today. A good lead will ensure an unassailable position in this match - anything else will be a recipe for disaster.

Contestants - take your position. Day 3 is about to begin!

Isn't it still another 2 hours :(.

Can't wait though.

Out of all the batsmen out there, the guy that is impressing me is misbah. Looks solid as a rock out there, and batsmen seem to forge partnerships with him.

He's always looked better at the no.5 position, it was a mistake to play him at no.6 in the past I feel.

Last edited:
Isn't it still another 2 hours :(.

Can't wait though.

Out of all the batsmen out there, the guy that is impressing me is misbah. Looks solid as a rock out there, and batsmen seem to forge partnerships with him.

Day 3 play starts in 30 mins, not 2 hrs :)

Looks like MIG used his super natural admin powers and beat you by having a sticky thread on the same topic. Can't beat these admins man. They are aliens. :)

Ahh, hopefully both batsmen do justice to their hard work and go on to make a ton each

Need a min 200 lead.

On this wicket, McCullum could clear anything less very quickly.

get ready to put a gun to your head when the nz commies start talking

cricfan, where are you watching willow?

My account on willow TV isn't working for some reason.

cricfan, where are you watching willow?

My account on willow TV isn't working for some reason.

I have it on my nFusion reciever using IKS Private Server in Canada.
I just get the channels, no acount :D

maiden over first up.

need to be careful here.

yaar ye Rambo Asad ko out karwadega.

Ramiz please don't praise him!

2 maidens in a row.

anybody know why a maiden over is called that?

2 maidens in a row.

anybody know why a maiden over is called that?

Anything that is unused is referred to as 'maiden'. (e.g. A horse that has never won a race is called 'maiden horse', and when a maiden horse wins a race, it is called 'Break maiden').
And if something is done for the first time, it is again called 'maiden' (as in maiden century) In a maiden over the batsman fails to score, so the over remains a 'virgin'.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081126200400AAQ9bkQ

LOL, collapse is looking on the cards today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back