Pakistan v South Africa | 2nd Test | Abu Dhabi | 20/11/10 | Day 1: Session 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAF

First Class Captain
Runs
1 more hour to go.
Should be fun to see Sami/Tanvir Ahmed. Thank god Jr Akmal isnt playing! He needs to get his act together if he wants to play in NZ series!
Lets win this one :misbah !

Last edited:
From Cricinfo commentary:-
Pakistan have been hit by the injury to Wahab Riaz, and Tanvir Ahmed, the right-arm fast bowler, could make his Test debut today, after having played 102 first-class games. But Pakistan also have the option to go with Mohammad Sami or Sohail Tanvir.

Sohail Tanvir?

Bowling first?

Risky decision. Especially with our bowlers.

Sami, Tanvir and Shafiq in.

Umar Akmal, Saeed Ajmal and Wahab Riaz out.

Nahh, I think with the seamers, they fancy giving it a go in these two sessions.

SA for under 350 would be alright.

There must be something in the pitch for the bowler or else why would Misbah bowl first! He's not stupid! Is he? :facepalm:

Why on earth would Misbah want to bowl first. We better get them out below 350 to justify his decision.

Is this the sort of the pitch that gets better with every day?

Should've batted and got the runs on the board

Only chance to win

omg wth is he thinking??????? if we don't take early wickets, it could be an innings loss, unless there's early morning moisture in the pitch in the UAE :))

The curator said that the pitch will be helpful to bowlers, so hope that fielding first is a good decision.

Guys, chill.

Lets see how the session goes; If the seamers get some movement and 3-4 chances at least, I'd say its worth it.

You don't want bowl on a dustbowl... esp. with wide-man half-volley sami.

I guess he doesn't trust the fast men bowling at the south africans in the 4th innings as he'll only have rehman as the spin option. So he took that into account I guess. Gosh I hope we take early wickets

I am sure moisture will be dried out in 1 hour and we dont have Amir and asif to be able to run through SA line up so bowling first is a bad decision ....

Need Smith, Kallis & Amla out in the 1st hour to prove this decision of fielding first right.

Pakistan, for the first time in a while, are realizing that their strength is pace.

That is exactly why they have opted to bowl first. They want their pace bowlers to win this for them.

I dont mind the decision to bowl first at all

Need Smith, Kallis & Amla out in the 1st hour to prove this decision of fielding first right.

Only if they hold onto any chances; If they don't, you can't blame the decision IMO.

Cant wait for Sami. I still remember sidney test to this day. what a day he had.

But we dont have asif to bowl consistent lengths and take 6-for
True but I reiterate:

Just picture that Sami 1st over in Sydney...

True but I reiterate:

Just picture that Sami 1st over in Sydney...
Just picture that Pathetic performance from SAMI in the 2nd innings of Sydney test

He is rubbish and I dont expect much from him...

Just picture that Pathetic performance from SAMI in the 2nd innings of Sydney test

So much for trying to make the best of a bad situation...

"Sami your crap, get off the pitch..."

Pakistan, for the first time in a while, are realizing that their strength is pace.

That is exactly why they have opted to bowl first. They want their pace bowlers to win this for them.

I dont mind the decision to bowl first at all

I'd agree with you in theory, but we're playing South Africa who must be the best team around at playing pace. Whatever help for the quicks will disappear within the hour, whereas spin bowlers can operate all day and will be more useful on a last day pitch.

if i understand correctly, danish kaneria is not playing and so someone is needed to spin the ball away from the right hander, hence rehman preferred over ajmal
because ajmal shouldn't be dropped as they also did in odis..i don't know why i get this feeling but ajmal is not a droppable player

Its moving further and further away from the ideal line up....

Kami,malik,salman, Kaneria, and asif's days are over. They wont be playing for Pakistan again in the near future. I have little hope for Aamir but im not sure about him either. Fawad isnt playing, yusufs injured, saeed ajmal sucks, afridi retired.

Last edited:
Its in Abu Dhabi

Change the title please we are not in Dubai ...

Why do we have Sami playing? This guy is a tried and tested failure. He has played like 34 tests. If you've played like a hack in pretty much all those games, you're not gonna play any better in any future games. Goodness me, this is surprising, but not unexpected from PCB.

So Smith has set a total 450 runs to be made by the end of the day .... that looks achievable I think

We should just leave UAE now, we've lost if we don't get early wickets.

SA 700 runs on the cards

Ramiz Raja on air thinks that it could be a good toss to lose for South Africa in hindsight, though the pitch seems to have a little bit of moisture upfront. He says Tanvir Ahmed can be nippy, and can swing the ball around. The fact that they got out of jail in Dubai will have boosted Pakistan, he believes.
lol ! does he mean the hotel rooms?

Kami,malik,salman, Kaneria, and asif's days are over. They wont be playing for Pakistan again in the near future. I have little hope for Aamir but im not sure about him either. Fawad isnt playing, yusufs injured, saeed ajmal sucks, afridi retired.

I have excluded AS IF AM A BUTT (yes you are!) from my thoughts....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back