Pakistan v South Africa | 4th ODI | Abu Dhabi | 8/11/2013 | Pakistani Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munna

ODI Debutant
Runs
50 overs have been completed and SA have made yet another good score in Abu Dhabi
PAK will need to chase 267 at 5.34 RPO

So shall we witness a change of fortunes for the Pakistani batting lineup tonight?

A run chase 2 years in the making...

A batting line with zero expectation..

Pakistan: Mission 2-2.

Time to do it. :inzi

About 160 runs too many for Pakistan to chase... A total near 100 would have been easier.

Can someone please give me hope? I'm the type of person who believes PAK can win absolutely any match, but please, someone else say something to make me feel better. And pray.

About 160 runs too many for Pakistan to chase... A total near 100 would have been easier.

Kind of sad, but this means Tanvir's late expensiveness will be irrelevant in the end. Not that I disagree.

I'm expecting a Maqsood special tonight. Class player.

This is it. I reckon we'll do it today.

Kind of sad, but this means Tanvir's late expensiveness will be irrelevant in the end. Not that I disagree.

Everyone bowled decent by today's standards, but our batting lineup is so bad any score over 100 puts them under pressure mentally.

Misbah century. Akmal 60*. All is forgiven. All is forgotten.

Pitch is quite bowler friendly,criminal to conceed that many,Pak can not cross 230,it's the truth,@ strikerate plz don't shout at me....I request

Well Junaid Khan was decent and made a decent comeback which will be good for his confidence! And Hafeez bowled well too! Others were here and there! Now its up to our batsmen to chase this down! For that first of all they have to be in a positive state of mind! And remove fears of high targets in their mind and concentrate on the ongoing overs and also keep a steady run rate! And an aggressive approach shud be applied this time!!

Pakistan will win! This will be the victory this side and batting line up has been waiting for, after today the burden will be lifted and a new generation of cricket for Pakistan will be born!

:pkflag

Expect the unexpected with Pakistan. They'll chase this down in 45 overs.

We will be humilated once more in the UAE, technically on this surface we should be able to acheive the target but given our mediocre cricketers barring one or two individuals we will lose unless something spectacular happens by our batting standards

Today is a historic day. The day Sohaib Maqsood announced himself on the world stage with a brutal century to sink SA. We are all witnesses.

This match is as good as lost

If only we restricted SA to 190-200.....

Someone to play an absolute blinder, just feel that someone will win this for us.

OMG the sight of Hafeez walking out to bat is truly cringe worthy

We should try something unorthodox and bring out Sohail 'Kockri' Tanvir as a pinch hitting opener. :inti

Hafeez, like the born leader that he is, refuses to shirk away from the top and opts to open the innings against Steyn.

Today, he will slay the dragon and ride vicoriously.....to 30 again.

anyone interested in creating a jinx thread congratulating SA for a series win? :yk

Stop crying about how our bowlers should have restricted them to this and that. 266 is an underpar score there days and its our BATSMEN's job to chase it down

We should try something unorthodox and bring out Sohail 'Kockri' Tanvir as a pinch hitting opener. :inti

its not a bad idea.. in tough matches you can try to do the unorthodox and mis it up and stray away from the usual plan.

Hafeez will keep strike last ball in 2nd over to avoid Steyn, I guarantee you!

Shehzad Career Average 28.51
Hafeez Career Average 28.76

:)))

Maiden over to start, also the first of the match.

Maiden over to start. We need a good start here. 40 atleast in first 10 overs

hafeez has to attack , otherwise when he gets out on 15(35) rrr will be above 6 already.

Shehzad is gonna be at his average 65 S/R today now is he?

Both batsmen away safely. Pakistan 2/0, only need 265 runs now.

Pakistan batting like they are trying to save a test match here

2/0 after 2 overs

Still waiting for Hafeez v Steyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back