Pakistan v South Africa | 5th ODI | Sharjah | 11/11/2013 | South Africa Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

battler

ODI Debutant
Runs
Pakistan: (likely) 1 Mohammad Hafeez, 2 Ahmed Shehzad, 3 Sohaib Maqsood, 4 Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), 5 Asad Shafiq/Umar Amin, 6 Umar Akmal/Sarfraz Ahmed (wk), 7 Shahid Afridi, 8 Sohail Tanvir, 9 Junaid Khan, 10 Saeed Ajmal, 11 Mohammad Irfan

South Africa: (likely)1 Hashim Amla, 2 Quinton de Kock (wk), 3 Faf du Plessis, 4 JP Duminy, 5 AB de Villiers (capt), 6 David Miller, 7 Ryan McLaren, 8, 9 and 10 Wayne Parnell/Vernon Philander/Morne Morkel/Dale Steyn/Lonwabo Tsotsobe/Dale Steyn, 11 Imran Tahir

The series is already decided now its a matter of whether Pakistan can salvage some pride.

Pakistan need to play smart cricket to win this match. Most of the players are well educated yet they dont seem to interpret the match situation.

Waqar wants Afridi to be rested and give Sarfraz a go as well not a bad ideae

Waqar saying , Rehman, Jamshed and Sarfaraz should be played

dead rubber . All players who have not taken a part in series should be given a spot in 11 .

really sad we lost the series we were in winning position during most of the games but bottled it

I know but I remember once Yousuf was selected for tests but played in last ODI of PAK-SA series.

Would be better for us to chase. If we win at least we can take positives and we can see if we learnt anything. If we lose then, big changes will be made.

Only problem is today I expect Hafeez to perform. Dead rubber.

Philander plays i was waiting for this Steyn rested :facepalm: so is Morne

Philander and parnell playing. Amin for asad shafiq... Not an impressive change.

good thing they have lost the toss and will be batting last. The team needs to chase a total to rebuild their confidence...

Playing Philander under lights will be fun specially with ball keeping low

our selections is horrible as always why take these players with you if you cant even play them in dead rubbers

Is Misbah the unluckiest tosser ever!!!! He seriously needs to practice tossing coins..............

Jamshed, Shehzad, Maqsood, Akmal, Misbah, Hafeez, Afridi, Sarfraz, Rehman, Tanvir & Junaid

should have been the team today

Misbah really messed up the selection i wonder whats the purpose of playing Amin again is there any outside influence on him :13:

Same old story, bad team selection and balance and on top of that Misbah's toss luck

No Morkel no Steyn and they are playing Parnell of all people. Pakistan have already won this.

Pakistan will win this no steyn,no morkel two of south africa's best bowlers rested.

Misbah needs to be sacked. End of. I see another loss. Series is lost yet he won't drop an extra bowler for a batsmen.

Southafrica gave chances to everyone , this should be the attitude , even if we had won like in India, we would have never let our bench to get chance

:moyo saying on GEO HAfeez Afridi n U.Akmal should be rested/dropped for SA tour later on

Misbah's interview once again is so negative, it's becoming laughable.

I second :moyo he even said Hafeez last innings had 3-4 boundaries as edges :))

I believe Misbah should quit ODi captaincy he has no motivation left

Shoaib Akhtar saying Sarfaraz should have played and Yousuf said Hafeez should not play as opener but as no.6 or 7

:akhtar saying can't understand the selection Shafiq n Sarfraz should have played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back