Not open for further replies.

Afridi_Fan

Test Star
Runs
Post of the Week
40 Minutes to go for the match

Please Post all the updates here

Go Pakistan

I know that this is a mickey-mouse tournament but this is a pretty big game.

Durban is not a fast bowler friendly pitch ... i hope we play all our spinners including fawad cuz the fast bowlers are going to get hammered !

This is a HUGE game for Pakistan. I really hope we win this because it will relieve pressure for the game against Aussies which we might win if its actually a dead rubber.

iZeeshan said:
This is a HUGE game for Pakistan. I really hope we win this because it will relieve pressure for the game against Aussies which we might win if its actually a dead rubber.

It cant be a dead rubber, because weve got them tommorow.

Faster bowlers will enjoy the bounce a good pitch for batting

Afridi_Fan said:
Damn, thats not a good news
I think it's alright. Malik stated that he would have batted first anyways. It gives us a chance to go hard and put some serious runs on the board.

175+ is a must on this pitch. That or more and I fancy our chances.. come on boys!! Lets take the game to the Lankans.

Pakistan have beaten Sri Lanka 8 times out of the last 10 we have played them. Jayasuriya seems to struggle against us, with an average of only 20 in ODIs! We get him early and half the job will be done. I put us as marginal favourites for this game.

I see we are batting first? 185 is a minimum really.

would have rather chased dont know what a good score will be. anything below 200 wount be good enough

asifp said:
thats stupid, Arafat was the guy that hit very valuable runs at the end

yes but hafeez is a batsman, if your putting arafat in the team for his batting, wouldnt you put a proper batsman in?

asifp said:
Yeah, it's harsh on Yasir. I fear for Sohail Tanvir; he bowled well against the right-handers of India, slanting the ball away. The likes of Tharanga, Jayasuria and Sangakarra will take a liking to him, I feel.

king_of_kings_ali said:
yes but hafeez is a batsman, if your putting arafat in the team for his batting, wouldnt you put a proper batsman in?

I keep him and Hafeez and drop the guy that has been the biggest pain in the BUTT.

asifp said:

yeah and his bowling also got tonked for quite a bit !!

good move to drop arafat !!

Isolation said:
I have a feeling Tanvir is gonna take bit of a beating this game........

according to cricinfo, Tanny saab isn't playing

Hafeez has been brought in for Tanny, Yasir is playing.

Not sure whether geo are lying or cricinfo are lying but will find out in a few mins.

Anyway, I am heading off to my TV to watch it.

Will pop back at various intervals.

Everyone is saying that field 1st and guess what we have lost the toss and we are the team batting 1st

Am I worried?

Is my heart racing?

Pakistan: Salman Butt, Mohammad Hafeez, Imran Nazir, Younis Khan, Shoaib Malik (capt), Shahid Afridi, Misbah-ul-Haq, Kamran Akmal (wk), Tanvir Sohail, Umar Gul, Mohammad Asif.

Sri Lanka: Upul Tharanga, Sanath Jayasuriya, Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Mahela Jayawardene (capt), Chamara Silva, Jehan Mubarak, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Kaushal Lokuarachchi, Chaminda Vaas, Lasith Malinga, Dilhara Fernando.

Last edited:
Hash said:
according to cricinfo, Tanny saab isn't playing

Hafeez has been brought in for Tanny, Yasir is playing.

Not sure whether geo are lying or cricinfo are lying but will find out in a few mins.

Anyway, I am heading off to my TV to watch it.

Will pop back at various intervals.
cricinfo is incorrect! yasir has been dropped for M Hafeez

With 8/20 overs from spinners you would have thought that Malik would want to bowl 1st but apparently he had planned to bat 1st.

we have plenty of batting options but very short of genuine bowlers just gul asif and tanvir. hafeez should have come in for a batsmen ie nazir or butt

we have to get 200 as our part timers will get tonked

Hafeez should come at 3 and Afridi at 4, I believe. However, if we get a 50 run opening partnership or so, then Afridi should come at 3.

According to Ramiz Raja if Openers fire the conmditions suit pakistan batting style

Thanks God 1st ever positive from anyone

Malik says he would have batted first if he had won the toss - he didnt sound convincing though!

Malik says if he had won the toss he would have batted 1st

Surprise, Surprise

OK - SO MAlik says Hafeez in for Arafat - TAnvir rremains! Come on cricinfo!

What about droping Imran down the order and opening with Butt and Hafeez.

Man Shoiab's english has improved ,proud of him for taking the time to learn and have the confidence to deliver.

Afridi_Fan said:
Malik says if he had won the toss he would have batted 1st

Surprise, Surprise

Like I had said in another thread , pak batsmen not are not comfortable chasing .......best bet is to bat first and put up a huge total !

pak will get 190-210.....with nazir or afridi to scoring & will win comfortably !

well if arafat is playing over tanvir then that's quite stupid !!

in the same match and same conditions one bowler has an economy of 10 and the otehr has economy pf 5 and gets a key wicket .. yet the bowler who did worse gets picked to play the next match ?

new coach
new captain
same old stupidity !

kashif77 said:

in the same match and same conditions one bowler has an economy of 10 and the otehr has economy pf 5 and gets a key wicket .. yet the bowler who did worse gets picked to play the next match ?

new coach
new captain
same old stupidity !
He is not.

jusarrived said:
Like I had said in another thread , pak batsmen not are not comfortable chasing .......best bet is to bat first and put up a huge total !

pak will get 190-210.....with nazir or afridi to scoring & will win comfortably !

Win Comfortably, Phewwwwwwwww

kashif77 said:

new coach
new captain
same old stupidity !

Calm down man - Tanvir is IN

I think batting first is good in 20/20. Time will tell but in my opinion SL missed a trick by not batting first.

I am very interested in the way we field today because in slightly damp conditions and a thin atmosphere it wont be easy to field.

chuck said:
I think batting first is good in 20/20. Time will tell but in my opinion SL missed a trick by not batting first.

yup , also expect more zip in wicket for pakistani bowlers.....they shud have batted first and put pak batsmen under pressure !

Salman Butt and Imran Nazir are Pakistan's openers

Butt and Nazir seems to exciteed to get on the ground, no umpires, no Srilankan side but the openers are already by the boundary ropes

Pumped Up or what?

Geo talk for 2 hours - and just as the game is about to start - they go for a long break!!!

and the countdown to imran nazir getting out to a wild slog begins now ..

Butt plays an orthadox forward defensive shot 1st ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back