Pakistan v West Indies | 2nd ODI | Abu Dhabi | 14/11/08 | WI Innings

Mercenary

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Pakistan are looking to restrict the Windies for under 232 to win the game. Windies are the favouries from here.

We need more penetrative bowling than last game

Not enough runs on the board I think.

lollol, please telll me brother

why is umar gul always the 1sdt cnage bowler

this stupid malik doesnt he realize there is difference between odi and t20, gul can do more damage with new ball than that spinner tanvir

anon. said:
lollol, please telll me brother

why is umar gul always the 1sdt cnage bowler

this stupid malik doesnt he realize there is difference between odi and t20, gul can do more damage with new ball than that spinner tanvir
Actually, imo it would be criminal NOT to bowl a NEW-ball bowler like Tanvir first.. Gul is way better with the old bal, and Tanvir is way better with the new ball

(you know the powerplays i thought they belonged to the fielding side?? just there's a thread on malik not taking the 3rd powerplay im a little confused now)

hopefully 1st ten overs we need 2-3 wickets unsettle the top order but WI do have a good batting lineup, with chris gayle,

Not a bad score. Just need couple of wickets in first 7.3 overs which is possible

Rule 1: The first over shall always be bowled by a left arm fastie (if one is there).

outswing
outswing
inswing

This guy has some serious swing

Muzy said:
(you know the powerplays i thought they belonged to the fielding side?? just there's a thread on malik not taking the 3rd powerplay im a little confused now)

They changed the rules.

PowerPlay 1 - This is fixed between overs 1 to 10

PowerPlay 2 - These are 5 overs that the bowling side decides when to take

PowerPlay 3 Theses are 5 overs that the batting side decides when to take

woooooo Lethal Tanvir Strikes look at that he swept away the stumps!!!!!

my goddness tanveer u little monster...

bowled him.... we need a few more.

Reminded me a little of the wicket of Jaysurya is the T20 WC

Seemed like some late swing, didnt it? Very late actually

Momo said:
Rule 1: The first over shall always be bowled by a left arm fastie (if one is there).
So rule 1 worked! Well done Kuptaan Sialkoti. :romeo

wow afridi... seems like a big bro to Gul...padding and cheering good to see :)

anon. said:

:))) :sohail :))

The last two balls VERY VERY close to being caught behind!

Gul needs to keep his nerve here. Put a few in the right areas and he'll get wickets.

What an over by Tanvir though!

Keeper and slips are too far back. Can't afford to get an edge which doesn't carry.

This is what is so needed for 50 over cricket, a good battle between bat and ball. These high-scoring games like the last one and the India-England game are good once in a while, but it is when the fielding side has the opportunity to be aggresive that is so enthralling.

Sarwan's a big wicket. Will be interesting to see how Tanvir bowls to him. Can he bring one in?

why isnt kamran akmal standing up to the stumps, an edge from tanvirs bowling wont let it carry

anon. said:
why isnt kamran akmal standing up to the stumps, an edge from tanvirs bowling wont let it carry

Think he's worried in case of a sweep...top edge could be dangerous

I believe Gul broke Sarwans foot a while back in a test match. Would LOVE to see it again :gul. PLEASE:D

pakistan have already given 4 extras which took west indies 49 overs to give :))

If you were the captain:
How many overs would you have Tanveer bowl in his first spell?
How many for Gul?
And when would you introduce spin?

omg, pakistan really, REALLY need to work on their direct throws. that was SURELY run out, he wasn't even in the frame... easy throw but missed :(

Run out chance missed. Should have been a under arm throw. Easy chance to get Sarwan.

sarwan hits a four off gul :(
poor fielding by tanvir at the boundary actually
224 to win off 46.3

Poorfielding by Tanvir!!

Should not of been four!

Back