Pakistan vs Australia | 5th ODI | Abu Dhabi | 3/5/09 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxy

Hall of Famer
Runs
Pak have been set 251 runs to win the 5th & final ODI.

Personally, I hope all those players that I have in my Fantasy team do well

On form Pakistan should get nowhere near this target but we always live in hope.

Only 9 pages in the Aussie innings thread. Disgraceful turnout by PPers....

Afridi opening and staying for ten overs is the only realistic hope. I have a feeling it will happen today, Inshallah.

Inswinger said:
Only 9 pages in the Aussie innings thread. Disgraceful turnout by PPers....

Can you blame us. I've been there throughout for at least 3 ODI's. To tell you the truth its been boring.

pakcricketfan said:
^ disgraceful turnout in the Sh Zayed stadium as well..

it's the 1st day of the week, what do you expect? how the hell is it "disgraceful"?

Momo said:
Afridi opening and staying for ten overs is the only realistic hope. I have a feeling it will happen today, Inshallah.

Given the "importance" of this game - expect Afridi to score the fastest 100 ever and Misbah to play an innings composed entirely of reverse sweeps.

First time in years, I dont feel like wanting Pak to win the match..:(
Im just too disappointed not to see Fawad in the playing XI today..dunno if Im overreacting..

Lethal said:
Can you blame us. I've been there throughout for at least 3 ODI's. To tell you the truth its been boring.
I can't blame you. Only reason I've been posting is because it's raining outside and I'm bored.

pakcricketfan said:
^ disgraceful turnout in the Sh Zayed stadium as well..

Again can you blame them. The Pakistan team has been very poor. I was thinking of selling my 20/20 world cup/warm up tickets. Just hope a couple of ICL players are bought back. Gone are the days when Pakistan cricket used to be exciting.

pakcricketfan said:
Im just too disappointed not to see Fawad in the playing XI today..dunno if Im overreacting..
You are.

Inswinger said:
I can't blame you. Only reason I've been posting is because it's raining outside and I'm bored.

I've watched the 4 ODI's and I'd realised that I wasted 8 hours each day of my life. Today I just watched the end of the innings after I decided to go play cricket. It was much good.

pakcricketfan said:
You can't put a certain player ahead of the team. I know it's very disheartening not to see Alam get a game but I'm still rooting for the guys in the team to do well and lead us to a victory.

Plasma said:

I'm just too disappointed and fed up of the "seniority tag"! :pissed: Our batting has fallen apart in all of the matches...We've lost 3 matches in a row..We know where the problem lies..our "senior" batsmen have this laidback attitude.. and yet we've maintained the same batting line up in all the matches..just coz "we can't drop senior players"!

Well Pakistan innings should be starting in a couple of minutes. Looking forward to Shazad and see what the approach of the rest of the batsmen is.

Butt and Shazad are in the middle.

Inswinger said:
You can't put a certain player ahead of the team. I know it's very disheartening not to see Alam get a game but I'm still rooting for the guys in the team to do well and lead us to a victory.

hm..but it's not only about Alam.. That's only 'one' of the reasons..

GONE GONE GONE!!!

My wife and kids are gone outside to get away from a grumpy dad/husband!

Who is this chubby lad about to open the bowling - and nearly get Shehzad out 1st ball?

Salman Butt Does It Again!!!

Another Shocking Run Out

Off A No Ball

Good drive from Shazad but straight to the fielder.

No Ball. Butt heard it and wanted to face the ball. Butt is run out.

The good thing is that it is Butt who is run out and not the other guy like that other day. Wait a minute, the other day too it was Butt who was runout but for some reason he stayed and poor Shahzad had to depart.

I have no sympathy with Butt.

Shehzad shows his 'ruthlessness' - he clearly got Butt back!

I'm not turning off...yet. I'm too depressed after football todayto leave the house.

The cricket will take my mind off things

Oxy said:
I have no sympathy with Butt.

Shehzad shows his 'ruthlessness' - he clearly got Butt back!
There was an easy single there but Shehzad had other ideas!! :)))

Whose fault was this run out though... ?? Dean saying the run was on and it was shezads who turned his back on butt,

Oxy said:
I'm not turning off...yet. I'm too depressed after football todayto leave the house.

Stick around for a Misbah special!
The King of innovation! How will he go this time?

Oxy said:

This is height of desperation, Oxy. :inzi

rhussain33 said:
Whose fault was this run out though... ?? Dean saying the run was on and it was shezads who turned his back on butt,
Shehzad's, It was Butt's call but he turned his back on Butt as if to say "It's your turn,senior".

rhussain33 said:

We'll never know if it was on - because Shezad didnt respond to the call.

Shehzad MIGHT have struggled.

Personally - I dont think there was a run.

Pakistan needs a good innings from Younus. He isn't moving around too much which is a good sign.

I'm surprised 'senior' Butt didnt stop - and point Shazad towards the pavillion...

There wasn't a run as Shehzad did put his hand up but Butt kept on running looking at the fielder rather than loo at his partner! Complete shambles!

Omar Malik said:
YK nearly playing out a Hilfenhaus maiden!

Can you blame him. He always comes to bat early. He has to get in now and play a good innings.

Commentator: "I dont know if they speak different languages.." :))) :))

Oxy said:
I'm surprised 'senior' Butt didnt stop - and point Shazad towards the pavillion...

quite right. Now that would have been a fascinating sight!

Oxy said:
We'll never know if it was on - because Shezad didnt respond to the call.

Shehzad MIGHT have struggled.

Personally - I dont think there was a run.

I dont think he would have struggled...He could have easily covered the stumps..coming in between the ball and stumps..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back