Pakistan vs South Africa 2nd test match...Day 2 from Port Elizabeth.

PlanetPakistan

Senior ODI Player
Runs
So from the discussions that we have had through out the day it seems as if most people will be happy with a lead of around 70 and then hope that the bowlers can bowl as well as they did in the 1st innings.

Best of luck Pakistan!

I think that both Sami and Akhtar have the capability of hanging around while Inzi score a few quick runs. I just told my riend that I will be glad with a lead of more than 75.

That band at St Georges Park really irritated me by playing the same old monotonous music. They been doing it for the last 10 years. Steve Waugh complained once compalined about the band and got the umpires to stop it and I hope that Inzi/Younis will get the umpires to silence those guys as well

Khalil said:
I think that both Sami and Akhtar have the capability of hanging around while Inzi score a few quick runs. I just told my riend that I will be glad with a lead of more than 75.

That band at St Georges Park really irritated me by playing the same old monotonous music. They been doing it for the last 10 years. Steve Waugh complained once compalined about the band and got the umpires to stop it and I hope that Inzi/Younis will get the umpires to silence those guys as well[
You should stop them Khalil because we don't want the umpires to miss the edges especially since these 2 umps already have a history of missing blatant edges(Cook at Headingly, Langer at Hobart and Adams at Antigua)

Basically, we need the tail to stick around with Inzamam and I believe Shoaib and Sami can do that, and make some runs in the process.

Inzamam has to deliver, and I have no doubt that he will.

The Really Good News is that there is NO Aus/Eng/NZ match today = FoxSports will show our cricket from Ball Uno !!! Wooohoooo - we win....

Errmmm OK the real test will come for Inzi now - He needs to hang in there for another 30 overs or so ( or whenever the new ball comes up ) - No Rana today to hit those quick runs at the end so can Shoaib, Kaneria provide some firepower ?

MIG said:
The Really Good News is that there is NO Aus/Eng/NZ match today = FoxSports will show our cricket from Ball Uno !!! Wooohoooo - we win....

Errmmm OK the real test will come for Inzi now - He needs to hang in there for another 30 overs or so ( or whenever the new ball comes up ) - No Rana today to hit those quick runs at the end so can Shoaib, Kaneria provide some firepower ?

Hell yeah :11:

Did anyone just see the argument in the Pakistan dressing room on sky sports now ?? Shoaib look like he was annoyed with someone ...

TV pics of Shoaib and Woolmer having some kind of argument ! Probably taken earlier as Inzi was in there calming them - what a good guy to have in your dressing room!

Lets play till lunch. That should be our target and I think we can do it. Sami doesn't look too bad out there.

Shoaib looked really annoyed. I wonder why?

how many times will someone do the inzi/food joke today?

Some said that Sami should play his shots and Inzi should just rotate strike.

But I think that Inzi should play his shots and be agressive rather then go to a total defense. Sami is going to get out hitting anyway, so let him defend and give Inzamam a good support to continue his ininngs as long as possible.

Is this the official thread for Day 2??? There doesn't appear to be a lot of activity here.

Things are progressing along well for Pakistan. Slowly, but surely, Inzi and Sami are adding runs. 13 valuables addition to the overnight lead.

The best news: the bowlers (Ntini and Nel) are either not trying very hard, or they aren't getting as much support from the conditions as yesterday. So, it augurs well for Pakistan. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Lovely on drive by the coward Inzi. 4 of the best

all of a sudden it looks like a good batting strip.. inzi looks like so calm in the middle and so does Sami

I am still somewhat bewildered at how 16 wickets fell on day 1 on what seems a good batting strip.

Lovely cut shot for 4 by Sami. He's batting really well.

ggm said:
I am still somewhat bewildered at how 16 wickets fell on day 1 on what seems a good batting strip.

The odd good delivery GGM, but largely reckless batting from 2 rather impatient batting lineups

What a shot by Sami! Never seen him batting like this. The commies saying everything in reciprocal to what really happens with Sami!

Saj said:
The odd good delivery GGM, but largely reckless batting from 2 rather impatient batting lineups

Credit must be given to shoaib Kaneria and Ntini for some great bowling

Edged for 4 through the slips by Inzi.

The lead is now 41

octavian said:
Credit must be given to shoaib Kaneria and Ntini for some great bowling

No doubt there was some good bowling, but it wasnt a 16 wickets in one day wicket though.

I think SA maybe able to overhaul a lead under one hundred for only 1-2 wickets.
Kind of a wasted opportunity if u ask me.

Lets see how Shoaib and Inzi bat with each other or even how they talk with each other lol !!

300 wickets for Ntini, fantastic achievement.

What is Inzi doing??? Why is he giving Shoaib strike to Ntini???

Inzi is taking singles off the third/fourth ball - a ball or two too early with tailenders.

lovely pull shot by this coward Inzi. MUst have played it with his eyes shut :)

extra bounce. Over the slips for 4. Nearly....

That's another 4. That pull shot was a beaut.

Lead of 54 runs.

Saj said:
lovely pull shot by this coward Inzi. MUst have played it with his eyes shut :)

how can the captain of your side
the highest run scorer for your country
the best batsmen on the side

come into bat so late...

injuries
illnesses

these are no excuses.... if he was injured in the morning pre-match .. he should not have been selected...

Inzy not batting at 4 or 5 has led to the collapse at the end of day 1..

what a shame

DotCom said:
how can the captain of your side
the highest run scorer for your country
the best batsmen on the side

come into bat so late...

injuries
illnesses

these are no excuses.... if he was injured in the morning pre-match .. he should not have been selected...

Inzy not batting at 4 or 5 has led to the collapse at the end of day 1..

what a shame

I think it's a blessing.

Kalllis now on. Easy single for Inzi.

The lead is now 56.

Back