Pakistan Women defeated by 202 runs in 3rd ODI, lose series 3-0

#GreenRoars

T20I Star
Runs
England Women Squad
HC Knight*, A Shrubsole, TT Beaumont, KH Brunt, KL Cross, GA Elwiss, JL Gunn, A Hartley, D Hazell, AE Jones, LA Marsh, NR Sciver, FC Wilson, L Winfield, DN Wyatt

Pakistan Women Squad
Sana Mir*, Aiman Anwer, Anam Amin, Asmavia Iqbal, Bismah Maroof, Iram Javed, Javeria Khan, Maham Tariq, Muneeba Ali, Nahida Khan, Nain Abidi, Nida Dar, Sadia Yousuf, Sania Khan, Sidra Ameen, Sidra Nawaz†

Important for the Women to get a consolation victory here I do feel bad for them but they need better preparation for taking on England

England Women won the toss and elected to bat

ENGLAND WOMEN TEAM
L Winfield, TT Beaumont, GA Elwiss, NR Sciver, HC Knight*, DN Wyatt, AE Jones†, KH Brunt, A Shrubsole, LA Marsh, A Hartley
PAKISTAN WOMEN TEAM
Nain Abidi, Sidra Ameen, Javeria Khan, Bismah Maroof, Sana Mir*, Sidra Nawaz†, Anam Amin, Nida Dar, Sadia Yousuf, Asmavia Iqbal, Maham Tariq

English women's team is one of the strongest in international cricket and these ladies are playing at home. I don't think any of us were ever expecting our girls to win. Just want to see them fighting until the end. This tour is more about learning experience than anything else.

What else does anyone expect but a heavy defeat? English girls are playing sports from a very young age while Pakistani girls spend their childhood worrying about roti chawal. They started playing cricket at a much older age than their English counterparts. Given just how backward Pakistan is, it's a miracle that these girls are even playing cricket. We shouldn't really expect them to beat England or even be competitive with them.

England women v Pakistan women – 3nd Royal London One-Day International, The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton

England women won the toss and elected to bat

England women – 366-4 (Tammy Beaumont 168*, Georgia Elwiss 77)
50 overs

Pakistan women – 164 (Katherine Brunt 5-30, Laura Marsh 3-29)
44.5 overs

England women won by 202 runs

England women secure 2 ICC Women’s Championship points

England women win Royal London One-Day International series 3-0

Last edited by a moderator:
England women secure 3-0 series win in Taunton

Heather Knight has opened her account as England women’s captain in perfect style after leading her team to a 3-0 series whitewash against Pakistan, with a 202 run victory in the final Royal London One-Day International in Taunton today.

The 3-0 score line means that England’s 2017 ICC Women’s World Cup qualification campaign is firmly on track, as they now sit comfortably in third position in the ICC Women’s Championship (ICC WC) on 19 points, having secured all six points on offer against Pakistan. Australia currently top the table on 24 points, with the West Indies in second, just one point ahead of England. The fourth automatic qualification spot is occupied by New Zealand (16 points), with all eight teams having now completed five rounds of the competition, with two rounds left to play.

England will be aiming to leapfrog the West Indies when they travel to Jamaica for round six in October, before finishing in Sri Lanka with their final round of fixtures in November.

Speaking immediately after the third and final Royal London One-Day International against Pakistan in Taunton today, England women’s captain, Heather Knight, said:

“Before this series started lots of people asked me what sort of captain I wanted to be, and the simple answer was a winning one, so it’s brilliant to have got off to such a great start. I’m really pleased with how the team has played throughout the three matches – as a group we have shown lots of positivity and proactive intent, and we have smashed records along the way. I couldn’t have asked for any more from the girls – I’m really proud of all of them.

“With one year to go until the start of the ICC Women’s World Cup here in England, we have put ourselves firmly into contention for automatic qualification for that tournament, and we will continue to look forward to the challenges that lie ahead. As a new squad, we have only played three matches, and it’s been a brilliant effort so far, but now comes the test of maintaining this level of performance as we build towards a home World Cup next summer.”

England and Pakistan now travel to Bristol to play the first encounter of a three-match NatWest International Twenty20 (IT20) series on Sunday 3rd July. The second and third matches of the series will be played on Tuesday 5th and Thursday 7th July at the Ageas Bowl and Essex County Ground in Chelmsford.

How your girls beat ours in the T20 WC? Pak women team looks pretty ordinary and we have a world class team.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

How your girls beat ours in the T20 WC? Pak women team looks pretty ordinary and we have a world class team.

Victories in WC are overrated, ponder over it:)

Just checked...Duckworth Lewis saved your team in that game. Not sure we can call it well played.

I saw the match yes before it rained it did look it was going to be close but tbh we lost those matches because of our shabby batting absolutely dismissal esp the first 10 overs throughout the tournament.

Back