Pakistan's fast-bowling talent at Under-19 level

HASHAM2

T20I Debutant
Runs
Fast bowling Talent performance at Inter region/Department Under-19 2012/13

Irfanullah shah : ZTBL-Un-19 8 matches 54 wickets Ave-13.26 S/R 27.41 6 Five wicket hauls

Noman Akram : Bahawalpur-Un-19 8 matches 42 wickets Ave-13.83 S/R 23.33 Three five wicket hauls

Hasan Ali : Sialkot-Un-19 7 matches 36 wickets Ave-16.25 S/R 38.94 3 five wicket hauls

Waqas Gujjar : Bahawalpur-un-19 8 matches 35 wickets Ave-14.63 S/R 28.71 2 five wicket hauls

Khurram Shahzed : PQS-Un-19 8 matches 34 wickets Ave-21.35 S/R 39 3 Five wicket hauls

Syed Abid Hassan : Rawalpindi Un-19 8 matches 33 wickets Ave-12.21 S/R 24.79 1 Five wickets haul

Syed Tauseef shah : Rawalpindi-Un-19 8 matches 32 wickets Ave-10.59 S/R 28/.97 3 Five wickets hauls

Mohammmad Aftab : Lahore Un-19 7 matches 32 wickets Ave- 14.97 S/R 29.97 2 Five wickets hauls

Saud shakeel : Karachi Un-19 6 matches 30 wickets Ave-17.77 S/R 42.63 2 Five wickets hauls

Zia Ul haq Stats : NBP-Un-19 4 matches 15 wickets 25.67 S/R 45.93 1 five wicket haul

Last edited:
Zia ul haq Performance at Under-19 level this year was Shocking to see
Ave-25 Plus

who do you think is the best talent out of these player(apart from Zia ul Haq)

who do you think is the best talent out of these player(apart from Zia ul Haq)

Irfanullah shah is Amazing Fast bowling Talent i heard from ZTBL Coach on Facebook :D

Irfanullah shah Height 6 foot 2 inch

Pace-80mph to 90mph

Right arm fast bowler from Bannu near afghanistan

80% of Irfanullah shah wickets or LBW or Bowled Either

Last edited:
Irfanullah Pace is 80mph to 90mph

Pace is Very good

Height is 6 foot 2 inch

Plus Highest wicket taker in Inter region Under-19

Most wickets LBW or either Bowled

Hmm Thats show his Talent

waiting for His first class debut

Two other names who may make it.

Imran Dad Khan from Karachi

The sixteen-year-old Khan is a left-arm fast bowler who idolises legendary Pakistan fast bowlers — Wasim Akram and Shoaib Akhtar.
It is delightful to see him running up and bowling sharp and quick out swingers and short pitched deliveries that most batsmen find unplayable.
Since he is only 16, his height (6’ 2”) is likely to increase in the next two to three years and he may become one of the tallest bowlers in Pakistan.
Former Test cricketer Basit Ali, who was member national junior selection committee at that time, also saw him and called him for the trials at the National Cricket Academy (NCA).

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-10-80420-A-lethal-fast-bowler-on-the-horizon

Impressing the pessimistic Basit Ali in any field is already a feat in itself.

Ali Mustafa from Lahore (description from a PPer)

- He is aged 15-16.

- Height is approximately 6'2.

- Very slim, athletic build but broad shoulders.

- Action I would describe as a cross between Zahid and Azhar Mahmood.

- Very lively pace, not express but accurate and gets inswing to right-handers.

- Plays for famed Universal Cricket Club and has represented Lahore in District U19 matches.

- Bowled 12 overs back to back at the Fast Track camp, our regular Test bowlers bowled less than half of that, in hot, stifling Lahore weather.

- Rumor is that Kamran Akmal was so impressed, he is trying to 'poach' him for his cricket club.

- Very likely that we will see him in U19 WC next year.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=135804

With the great amount of academies in Karachi-Islamabad-Lahore, it will easier to spot the talent, but we should seriously consider doing the same in rural Punjab, interior Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunwa and Balochistan ; there's the same potential, if not bigger.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Imran Dad (NBP) 4 matches 17 wickets Ave-21 S/R 30 Econ-4.50

Hmm This guy have Good Strike rate that show Talent is Very Much there

Plus Imran dad was Bowling Alongside Zia who have 25 Ave and S/R 45 in same matches

Imran Dad (NBP) 4 matches 17 wickets Ave-21 S/R 30 Econ-4.50

Hmm This guy have Good Strike rate that show Talent is Very Much there

Plus Imran dad was Bowling Alongside Zia who have 25 Ave and S/R 45 in same matches

You need to do that to impress Basit uncle. :dav

BTW one of the name is Syed Tauseef Shah from Rawalpindi, and another PPer (muhammad saad, namely) opened a thread few months ago, 'bout him ; quoting

This guy having a blast in the on going U19 national league and his stats are amazing particularly his bowling avg(7.74) , S/R(24.5) and economy (1.89) .lol he is performing much better than what Aamir did at U19 leagues.

http://www.cricketarchive.com/cgi-b...in=&endseason=&startscore=&team=&startseason=

Most importantly 50% of his wickets are either bowled or LBws

Can we have a talent spotter on him?
(Saj can you ask Sabih Azhar about him?)

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?p=5304577

Need to contact Sabih Azhar now.

Last edited:
Hasham2 and Akher should become our selectors. Then we will at least see alot of youngsters in our national team:)

not able to Post Syed Abid Hassan Video
there is something Wrong with privacy setting

syed Abid bowled Batsman with Big In swinger Just like B.Kumar ball to Umar akmal which he bowled in 1st T-20

2nd Video Syed Abid hassan Bowled Batsman with Big In swinger yorker which hit on Off stump

His Height is not to much He is Swing bowler

they should have an x factor style cricketing competition in pakistan, one voted off every week, till ur left with zia ul haq as the winner

Hasham2 and Akher should become our selectors. Then we will at least see alot of youngsters in our national team:)

No thanks Mate
But i was Just Trying to Promote Young Talent

This time at Under-19 level there are Lots Fast bowlers who can be next Wasim/Waqar

get it Ali Mustafa Stats to
this guy only play 1 3rd day match vs Rawalpindi at Un-19 level this year
in which he has taken only 2 wickets

anyway bad news for Zia ul haq fans

Irfanullah shah has Out played him in Under-19 level

We need someone like Imran Khan, who had an eye for young talent... some of the later cricketers didn't follow his pattern in order to keep their own spot instead of thinking for the higher good (the nation, that is), sadly.

And we already have competent souls in the PCB for that job anyway. :D

not able to Post Syed Abid Hassan Video
there is something Wrong with privacy setting

syed Abid bowled Batsman with Big In swinger Just like B.Kumar ball to Umar akmal which he bowled in 1st T-20

2nd Video Syed Abid hassan Bowled Batsman with Big In swinger yorker which hit on Off stump

His Height is not to much He is Swing bowler

Wanted to see that. x(

Do you have info. (bowling style, pace, ...) on the other names you mentioned ?

We need someone like Imran Khan, who had an eye for young talent... some of the later cricketers didn't follow his pattern in order to keep their own spot instead of thinking for the higher good (the nation, that is), sadly.

And we already have competent souls in the PCB for that job anyway. :D

Wanted to see that. x(

Do you have info. (bowling style, pace, ...) on the other names you mentioned ?

Height and Action like Indian under-19 pacer Sandeep Sharme

Big Swing bowler

Irfanullah shah vs Zia ul haq/Mir Hamza and Ehsan Adil in 2011 Inter Region/Department

Shah 29 wickets Ave 13.29 S/R 30 three five wicket hauls (one Irfanullah shah was Playing for Abbottabad Under-19 in 2011 Inter region not sure he is same Irfanullah shah who is Playing for ZTBL-Un-19 now)

Ehsan Adil 37 wickets Ave-17.03 S/R 33.89 two five wicket hauls

Mir Hamza 38 wickets Ave-15.03 S/R 35 three five wicket hauls

Zia ul haq 23 wickets Ave-20.87 S/R 43 two five wicket hauls

Last edited:
how did this u-19 player (actually u-16?) gets selected in a strong departmental team like NBP?

bcz of some Ex Players

Maybe Basat Ali requested NBP to sign him

Irfanullah played for Abbtottabad Un-19 in 2011 and did well

next year he was Sign by ZTBL and he carry ZTBL-Under-19 to Victory taken 21 wickets in Semi final/Final

Last edited:
interesting read this thread, but im not getting my hopes up till i see videos. players who develop physically at a younger age tend to dominate age grade cricket, its not until they come up against non-restricted competition that they are truly tested.

having said that some of these guys do sound exciting, not too surprsing to see a few youngsters on the scene, these guys would have been what, 7, or 8 years old when shoaib akhter was in full flow, im sure he inspired quite a few youngsters in the late 90s early 00s.

Irfanullah shah is Amazing Fast bowling Talent i heard from ZTBL Coach on Facebook :D

Pace-80mph to 90mph

Is he the same guy that was found in the Pepsi talent hunt program.

Pakistan need to encourage guys who can swing the ball. With 2 new balls been used , swing bowlers would be key.

I would be delighted if a couple of these guys came through to the national set-up. I can remember reading a cricketer magazine article back in the late 1980`s and it mentioned all these great young fast bowling talents that were coing through and the only one that got anywhere was Aqib who had already played for Pakistan. So the chances are most will probably disappear without trace.

Noman Akram has been Selected for B.Stags (we may see him in action in Faysal Bank Super 8)
Mohammad Aftab also has been selected for Lahore lion,s

Noman Akram has been Selected for B.Stags (we may see him in action in Faysal Bank Super 8)
Mohammad Aftab also has been selected for Lahore lion,s

Where did you get that news? Last I checked there was no Muhammad Aftab in the Lahore Lions squad.

Where did you get that news? Last I checked there was no Muhammad Aftab in the Lahore Lions squad.

i has Just Checked Hmm
There is no Aftab in Lahore lions squad
but let me tell u Aftab is far better than Zia ul haq

Noman Akram is in B.Stags team He was Out standing in Under-19 level
8 Three day matches 42 wickets S/R 23 Ave-13 (Strike Rate is Wounderful )

i has Just Checked Hmm
There is no Aftab in Lahore lions squad
but let me tell u Aftab is far better than Zia ul haq

Noman Akram is in B.Stags team He was Out standing in Under-19 level
8 Three day matches 42 wickets S/R 23 Ave-13 (Strike Rate is Wounderful )

I know but what is the point of telling it now? He isnt in the squad :(.

Whats Zia doing these days?

Wasnt he the next big thing...?

Zia ul haq has taken 19 Wickets at Un-19 level S/R 45 Ave-26

Where Aftab has Ave-14 S/R 27 and taken 34 wickets
And Noman has 13 Average S/R 23 and taken 42 wickets

And I should have been in the Pak squad.

Those Bowlers deserved to be in Squad
Look at there Performance at Under-19 level
Felling so sad for Irfanullah shah Falcon Team has not selected him
Irfanullah shah and Junaid khan (hmm what a Opening pair for Abbotabad Falcon)

Those Bowlers deserved to be in Squad
Look at there Performance at Under-19 level
Felling so sad for Irfanullah shah Falcon Team has not selected him
Irfanullah shah and Junaid khan (hmm what a Opening pair for Abbotabad Falcon)

Need ****** and Pawwa to get notice in this country.

Pace-80mph to 90mph

80-90 mph. So hes anything from a trundler to a genuine fast bowler????

my friend is Playing at Under-19 level
i has talked with him about Fast bowling talent at pakistan under-19
he told me
Awais Munir Left arm pacer of ZTBL
Irfanullah shah
Ali raza left arm pacer of PIA
Zia ul haq Left arm pacer of PIA
And Mohammad aftab lahore pacer
those guys are best talent around at Under-19 level

Awais Munir is fastest among those

Good to see that we have loads of bowling talents but what happened to our batting ?

Wait a second guys. Why go ga ga over the talent when you dont have the nursery to nurture it. Pak won two back to back U 19 world cups and which player went onto establish himself in the national squad. Where are the bowlers like Anwar Ali, Akhtar Ayub, Tariq Mehmood and Jahangir Mirza. So unless the domestic setup improves we will continue losing these players

Usman Qadir and Raza hasan are already at Domestic level

i like Rawalpindi Spinner Mir Waiz alot very Good Spinner

Zafar Gohar is also fine spinner :)

I like a lot of people, thought that Hasan was the bees knees but having watched him closely he seems to be more of a Ashton Agar rather a Greame Swann.He seemed to roll the ball out and not give it a rip.The younger Qadir i haven`t seen recently. The main thing that a spinner needs is not variety but the ability to spin the ball (Swann).

Last edited:
Please, please no stats!!!! Our stats count for nothing at any level because of fielding, type of ball used, wickets & umpiring.
Lets judge there talent & comment only if we have seen them, Usman Khan as an example.

Some posters are taking the hype to a totally new dimension here.

Good stats in Pakistan first class don't say you much, let alone stats at u19 Level.

Let these guys play some years of first class cricket and only then talk about their future.

To compare u19 bowlers who even haven't played first class cricket With bowlers in the national Squad is naive really.

You see a good talented bowler,ok keep an eye on him, but don't make him a world beater already because we have been disappointed many times before and fans from rest of the world laugh at us.

Please, please no stats!!!! Our stats count for nothing at any level because of fielding, type of ball used, wickets & umpiring.
Lets judge there talent & comment only if we have seen them, Usman Khan as an example.

19 years old Usman Khan

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hxH59aZxjd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^good pace, outperformed his team-mate the Test-capped Rahat Ali (who's a 140kph bowler.)
There was another tournament where he bullied the likes of Nasir Jamshed and Sohaib Maqsood through sheer pace.

Lot of U19 fast bowling prospects in a while.

HASHAM2 if you have some other video clips please share.

Last edited:
19 years old Usman Khan

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hxH59aZxjd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^good pace, outperformed his team-mate the Test-capped Rahat Ali (who's a 140kph bowler.)
There was another tournament where he bullied the likes of Nasir Jamshed and Sohaib Maqsood through sheer pace.

Lot of U19 fast bowling prospects in a while.

HASHAM2 if you have some other video clips please share.

I HAVE Video Clips of Syed Abid Hassan Bowling
only 2 Clips
but i dont know how to Post that Clips on PP :(

Recently Irfanullah Shah Did Camp with UN-19/UN-23 Boys
30 Boys was there in that Camp
from UN-19 fast bowlers Only Shah,Aftab and Zia was there i think

Ask PP Owner to post his Pics here

Am looking at u19 stats this season. 18 year old Fast bowler called Fahad Farooq. Has very good stats. 7 matches with 31 wickets and 2 5fers. Averages 11.1 with ball and strike rate is 21.9. Obviously stats misleading at u19 but very similar stats to salman Saeed who also has good stats and seems promising in his only FC game. Not hyping any of these players but just wondering if anyone know anything about this player or has any information about him speed etc?

Irfanullah shah : ZTBL-Un-19 8 matches 54 wickets Ave-13.26 S/R 27.41 6 Five wicket hauls

Noman Akram : Bahawalpur-Un-19 8 matches 42 wickets Ave-13.83 S/R 23.33 Three five wicket hauls

Hasan Ali : Sialkot-Un-19 7 matches 36 wickets Ave-16.25 S/R 38.94 3 five wicket hauls

Waqas Gujjar : Bahawalpur-un-19 8 matches 35 wickets Ave-14.63 S/R 28.71 2 five wicket hauls

Khurram Shahzed : PQS-Un-19 8 matches 34 wickets Ave-21.35 S/R 39 3 Five wicket hauls

Syed Abid Hassan : Rawalpindi Un-19 8 matches 33 wickets Ave-12.21 S/R 24.79 1 Five wickets haul

Syed Tauseef shah : Rawalpindi-Un-19 8 matches 32 wickets Ave-10.59 S/R 28/.97 3 Five wickets hauls

Mohammmad Aftab : Lahore Un-19 7 matches 32 wickets Ave- 14.97 S/R 29.97 2 Five wickets hauls

Saud shakeel : Karachi Un-19 6 matches 30 wickets Ave-17.77 S/R 42.63 2 Five wickets hauls

Zia Ul haq Stats : NBP-Un-19 4 matches 15 wickets 25.67 S/R 45.93 1 five wicket haul

I think Hasan Ali's been playing for the senior sialkot side this year

Two other names who may make it.

Imran Dad Khan from Karachi

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-10-80420-A-lethal-fast-bowler-on-the-horizon

Impressing the pessimistic Basit Ali in any field is already a feat in itself.

Ali Mustafa from Lahore (description from a PPer)

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=135804

With the great amount of academies in Karachi-Islamabad-Lahore, it will easier to spot the talent, but we should seriously consider doing the same in rural Punjab, interior Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunwa and Balochistan ; there's the same potential, if not bigger.

Bump!

It has Been more than a year since this thread was made. We know alot about some of these players (Aftab,Shah,Zia etc). But what about these 'less known' players in bold.

Anybody have update on any of these players or know if they are still performing well at U19 level? What about that Awais Munir fellow?

How are these boys doing?

Last edited:
Bump
[MENTION=132429]HASHAM2[/MENTION] [MENTION=3200]muhammad saad[/MENTION] [MENTION=78856]akheR[/MENTION] [MENTION=139012]b.lesner[/MENTION] [MENTION=137507]asyed[/MENTION] [MENTION=129948]Bilal7[/MENTION] [MENTION=66397]Green[/MENTION]roars
Where are these guys ?
By now they will be 20 21 would have gained muscles and strength would be faster by now
Where is awais munir ? Noman akram ?
I know irfanullah shah was the best among all with pace of 140 145 but he got a serious spine injury due to which he lost 10 to 15kph pace but where is he now ?
And Syed Abid hassan and syed touseef shah they had seaming ability and accuracy of line and good length like mohammad Asif as [MENTION=132429]HASHAM2[/MENTION] once quoted Sabih azhar as saying so
Would love to see these 5,6 bowlers live on tv.
They were better then mohammad aftab zia ul haq ehsan adil , hassan Ali etc whom all we have seen . But hassan Ali is good and pacy.
Anybody [MENTION=56866]Bullet Drive[/MENTION] and others at PP any idea about these youngsters ?

So guys, the story after 2 years 10 months is that

Zia ul haq has been selected for Pakistan team and has also played for Pakistan A.

The boy from the group who had the best average and strike rate noman akram has played 1 list A and 1 T20 game.

The boy who lost pace due to an accident on bike irfanullah shah has played 1 Fc game.

Hassan Ali is playing for islamabad after playing for Sialkot and ZTBL and is impressing.

Aftab has played 3 list A and 8 T20 games.

And today's news is that

After waiting for 2 years and 10 months today at the age of 20 Syed Abid Hassan has made a debut for rawalpindi in Fc cricket under the captaincy of Yasir Ararat.

From the above group Syed Abid Hassan had the 2nd best Ave of 12.21 after Syed Tauseef shah's Ave of 10.59 and he had the second best SR of 24.79 after Nauman akram's SR of 23.33.

He is the 5th from the group to play Fc cricket with the prominent ones being Zia , Saud and Hassan.

Let's see how he goes.

Both of you guys are very good and hopefully he comes back to also inform us of the emerging talent.

A Wicket in his first over of FC cricket for Syed Abid Hassan.

Come on Boy make it happen.

Update :

So its almost 4 years since this thread was made.

1. Hasan Ali has played Odi's & T20's for Pakistan.

2. Zia got selected for Pakistan once but hasn't played yet.

3. Saud Shakeel doing very well in Fc with the Bat and has played for Pakistan A.

4. Irfanullah Shah & Abid Hasan are doing very well in Fc Cricket.

Syed Tauseef Shah is a big miss. Don't know what happened to him.

Didn't have the pace so I guess he didn't get the chances at higher levels, same case with Syed Abid Hasan (Anwar Ali 2.0) fortunately he has been breaken in to FC cricket.

Saud Shakeel must be kept with national side , he is a good talent. He and Babaar can bowl 4 - 5 overs each also.

Fast track the U-19 pace trio - Arshad Iqbal, Shaheen Shah Afridi and Mohammad Musa

Of the U 19 team. Yes they are still mostly raw but this is the best group of pacers we have had since the 2006 U 19 WC and look how we wasted that group. Its imperative these 3 are brought in to the fold as early as possible First class pitches and structure will totally ruin them

Last edited by a moderator:
Are any of them selected for the PSL (except Afridi, he is)? PCB needs to do more in terms of arranging A tours. This will help them develop their game further. No point of letting them rot in our so called domestic system. I just don't understand what the PCB buffoons do. I kept hearing throughout the U19 WC, a lot of teams had toured all around the world to prepare. Our selectors decided to through a team together a few months ago and played a couple of matches in Aus and NZ. No logic there whatsoever.

I just hope we don't waste this lot of talented pace bowlers.

Still, remember the lot Jamshed Ahmed (was being compared to Akram) and Akhtar Ayub was a part off, totally got ignored when they moved in FC cricket. Sad. Actually, I'm pretty sure that they have quit domestic cricket.

Need to do what India is doing, pick your best playing XI. Heck, first we need to put a proper system in place. Really really hope that Musa and Arshad aren't lost to the system :(

Back