PCB to blame for possibly the biggest fiasco in years!

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Leaks after leaks of confidential meetings

Indecision about a crucial aspect of our preparation for the World Cup

Welcome to the world of Mohsin Naqvi.

I am absolutely disgusted by this.

Babar vs SSA camps could easily emerge and the players all couped up in close quarters - Lord knows what is being said between them!

What is happening here?

If Babar is to be made captain, then it should be one way traffic. PCB tell him and let SSA know. End of story.

What we have instead is reports after reports, Fakhta, Billee, chooha all sorts coming out and telling us something new every 30 mins.

Babar vs SSA camps could easily emerge and the players all couped up in close quarters - Lord knows what is being said between them!

What is happening here?

If Babar is to be made captain, then it should be one way traffic. PCB tell him and let SSA know. End of story.

What we have instead is reports after reports, Fakhta, Billee, chooha all sorts coming out and telling us something new every 30 mins.
When it comes to Pakistani cricket, I just assume that everything I read is false until a reputable source like Cricinfo reports it.

It’s hard to tell where we stand when it seems like some of our reporters invent things out of thin air!

When it comes to Pakistani cricket, I just assume that everything I read is false until a reputable source like Cricinfo reports it.

It’s hard to tell where we stand when it seems like some of our reporters invent things out of thin air!

Thats not the point.

PCB are responsible for disseminating reliable information.

They should have been on top of this the moment first reports came out of the captaincy thing.

A press conference, a media release etc would have sufficed.

OR

They should get on the case of idiots who are leaking info and fire them.

What is happening here?

Apparently, Shaheen is ready to step down.

It’s Babar that’s holding up this change.

Thats not the point.

PCB are responsible for disseminating reliable information.

They should have been on top of this the moment first reports came out of the captaincy thing.

A press conference, a media release etc would have sufficed.

OR

They should get on the case of idiots who are leaking info and fire them.
They should obviously get to the bottom of the leaks but what I mean to say is that we do not know how actually chaotic it is.

Part of the reason it seems chaotic is because of conflicting stories being released - some of which had to have been made up as both stories can not be true at the same time.

I believe all PCB said was a decision about the captaincy would be made after the camp. If you look at reputable sources all we know is that Babar was offered captaincy and only wanted to return if he is given captaincy in all formats.

They should obviously get to the bottom of the leaks but what I mean to say is that we do not know how actually chaotic it is.

Part of the reason it seems chaotic is because of conflicting stories being released - some of which had to have been made up as both stories can not be true at the same time.

I believe all PCB said was a decision about the captaincy would be made after the camp. If you look at reputable sources all we know is that Babar was offered captaincy and only wanted to return if he is given captaincy in all formats.

NONE of what has been said by ANY source can be trusted.

They are all changing their tune on an hourly basis.

PCB needs to set the record straight.

Naqvi has failed miserably.

The PCB has always leaked like a broken pipe. The proliferation of WhatsApp and smartphones has only made the problem more ubiquitous now. Lack of integrity, basic ethics and professionalism has always eluded the PCB. In many ways, the PCB is a microcosm of Pakistan. We should not be shocked about it.

Babar is hundred percent responsible for this. All he needed to do was to decline the offer

All that needs to happen is for the organization charged with RUNNING cricket in Pakistan and its political appointees who are supposed to be competent at what they do to take charge.

Once again.

The players will do what they want but WHO is in charge?
PCB has always had these embarrassing leaks, not sure why this is coming as a surprise.

Why wasn’t anyone surprised when the same leaks were coming out when Babar was getting removed from captaincy?

Everybody and their chacha knew Masood and Shaheen would be captains.

Did Zaka not fail then?

I don't think we can blame Naqvi too much here. He is the victim of leaks because it is ruining everything he is trying to do.

If Naqvi starts calling press conferences then it will only embolden the leakers.

This behaviour needs to be rooted out silently. There is a cabal in the PCB that seems set on humiliating the new regime - perhaps there is some jobs on the line?

Naqvi, the administrator of all administrators. While he's in an interior ministry meeting, leaks happen at the PCB HQ. Conversely, during a PCB meeting, a terror attack occurs, and lives are lost. Yet, this 'genius' remains absorbed in seeming busy. Truly, a disgrace.

If he weren't a corrupt, power-hungry leech, perhaps he'd have the decency to resign. All I ask is that he show some shame and remorse for the lives he's bent on destroying. It's absurd to find someone responsible for domestic security preoccupied with sports. This is beyond a sick joke.

Naqvi is the personification of everything that has set Pakistan back since its inception.

The game of different experiments, lobby systems, and an unstable structure has destroyed Pakistan cricket, which is evident from our priorities. We play too many T20I series and have the least Test and ODI cricket in our schedule. It seems as if we are now considered an associate team

Lobby system has always prevailed in Pakistan cricket and that is continuing.

Babar has a number of former players backing him and wanting him back as skipper.

This could get very ugly.

Shahid Afridi met Zaka 5 times a day and got SSA prematurely as captain, even though Shahid Afridi still b00t1ikked N-league Generals yet somehow mysteriously the power corridors are pushing for Babar as captain

Apparently the players phones have been taken of them in the camp. Can’t win a session in Australia drop there weapons against India in World Cup matches before entering the field, but good at leaking info to the media wastemens..

And now another one

Shan Masood to continue as Test captain.

Babar Azam will be named as captain for T20 team for now - A take it or leave it offer.

Source? Some jobsworth in PCB who is leaking what he feels to his friends in the media.

And now another one

Shan Masood to continue as Test captain.

Babar Azam will be named as captain for T20 team for now - A take it or leave it offer.

Source? Some jobsworth in PCB who is leaking what he feels to his friends in the media.
Leaking in what he feels as in he's leaking leaking credible sources that he personal feels?

Or that he's making stuff up and just leaking whatever to start conspiracies?

Why is pcb doing this? Why not just end the drama and make rizwan captain since he was 2nd in command during babar's era?

Leaking in what he feels as in he's leaking leaking credible sources that he personal feels?

Or that he's making stuff up and just leaking whatever to start conspiracies?

Why is pcb doing this? Why not just end the drama and make rizwan captain since he was 2nd in command during babar's era?

Or could be journos making up things.

PCB media is asleep.

Or could be journos making up things.

PCB media is asleep.
Problem is Mohsin Naqvi is the Interior Minister of the country, the minister for narcotics, a senate member and God knows what other ministries.

I doubt he has much time for his PCB duties. So these things will happen.

Problem is Mohsin Naqvi is the Interior Minister of the country, the minister for narcotics, a senate member and God knows what other ministries.

I doubt he has much time for his PCB duties. So these things will happen.

Then don't do the job.

Then don't do the job.
They've given him the job because he is a master negotiator. Made Imad and Amir come out of retirement. Made Usman Khan turn his back on the UAE.

Naqvi probably needs 20 minutes in a room with Virat Kohli and Virat will be ready to play for the Pakistan cricket team.

They've given him the job because he is a master negotiator. Made Imad and Amir come out of retirement. Made Usman Khan turn his back on the UAE.

Naqvi probably needs 20 minutes in a room with Virat Kohli and Virat will be ready to play for the Pakistan cricket team.
Let's get him those 20 minutes asap. :afridi

Yet, another ridiculous leak from another source. These leaks need to be stopped or else just make this whole thing public and get rid of this leak thing. PCB is a mess.

---------------------

As per reports:

There have been rumors about Shaheen Shah Afridi being removed from the T20I captaincy, but no official from the PCB had contacted him about this until recently. A selector hinted that a batter might be a better fit for the captaincy, without giving a specific reason. Shaheen is reportedly unhappy with this situation, feeling unjustly targeted and considering the potential loss of captaincy after just one series as unfair.

The Pakistan selectors are trying to convince Babar Azam to take over the T20I captaincy. This comes after reports of Shaheen Shah Afridi’s potential removal from the role, which has left him feeling unfairly targeted. Babar Azam, however, has a list of demands that need to be met before he accepts the captaincy, including a desire for a long-term commitment and the opportunity to lead across all formats. These demands have been communicated to the authorities, and a decision is expected soon.​

This fiasco has ensured no foreign coach worth their salt will sign up for PCT duties.

Sorry to say this, but Pakistan cricket is going the West Indies way. T20 freelancers that'll band together for global tournaments.

Retired players who just arrogantly ignore domestic cricket get selected in team. The Army, not board, is responsible for the fitness of players. A captain gets removed after a single series and that too away from home. A board where a person with no to zero knowledge of cricket gets appointed as the chairman. A board to whom nobody wants to join because of leaks and whimsical decisions. A board that withholds the salaries of players for months despite having no fund issues. A board that relinquishes the central contract of one player for taking rest while suggesting the other to do the same simultaneously.

No doubt, all such awful attributions render PCB the title of "Pakistan Clown Board"

With inane made up quotes, PCB media team are really adding more insult to injury for SSA.

Well well well. Mr Naqvi played dirty business here.

Given the lollipop of democratic selection committee. All while the fireworks were in preparation underground.

what is the shaheen qoutes controversy that is building up?

This is one of the worst decisions ever by these clowns. SSA is thick but he deserved better than a terrible board make ad hoc decisions with no strategy or fore thought. He should have been given the WC and then make a decision.

PCB just PCBing .

BUT what is Babar Azam thinking? It takes 2 to tango and Babar has just stabbed Shaheen mid Ramzan.

Yes by all means make the excuse of his workload over the next 3-4 months until WC and sack him after. He (Shaheen) is not a complete article or even close to a good captain but Extremely cold by Babar(who after 4 years has learnt nothing except selfishness)

Man this is some serious arc in a soap opera. The entertainment doesn’t stop.
I love the entertainment. I do feel for my boy Shaheen, but Pakistan cricket always entertains by either conjuring a win or a loss out of thin air or conjuring a controversy on or off the field.

Retired players who just arrogantly ignore domestic cricket get selected in team. The Army, not board, is responsible for the fitness of players. A captain gets removed after a single series and that too away from home. A board where a person with no to zero knowledge of cricket gets appointed as the chairman. A board to whom nobody wants to join because of leaks and whimsical decisions. A board that withholds the salaries of players for months despite having no fund issues. A board that relinquishes the central contract of one player for taking rest while suggesting the other to do the same simultaneously.

No doubt, all such awful attributions render PCB the title of "Pakistan Clown Board"
Thats PCB for you. Not a single day that goes without entertaining you.

Hopefully, he is going there to pacify Shaheen post his abrupt removal from captaincy slot.
===
Chairman Pakistan Cricket Board Mohsin Naqvi will visit the fitness camp of the players in Kakul, Abbottabad today to have a meeting with players there.

It almost feels like our own board is out to sabotage our team. Keeping their decision to make Babar aside (which I don't agree with), the way they have treated Shaheen is absolutely shocking. Its hard to even call it unprofessional...its beyond that. I mean which sporting body just makes up fake statements and attributes it to one of their top players? It's such a stupid thing to do. But even beyond that, they have done everything within their power to create bitterness among the players with the way that they have dealt with this situation.

Former Pakistan cricketer Basit Ali has denied that there is any rift in the national team,he said on his YouTube channel:

“I don’t think there will be any grouping in this team because there is lack of talent in this country. We are calling players from UAE, like Usman Khan, to come and play for Pakistan. The PSL could not produce any new batter. So, I don’t think there will be any problem."

“When Babar was captain five to six months ago, the same team was playing. Maybe Imad and Abrar will come in and Nawaz will get dropped for the series against New Zealand but the rest of the team will be the same."

Who is Muhammad Wasim referring to in this tweet?

HKJXyIv.png

It is true that Pakistan don't win anything meaningful in any format .

And I've had some light trollish banter with the likes of @Major and @ExpressPacer about the respective levels of talent in both India and PAK

But consider the following factors

Pakistan is in the midst of a serious economic crisis and has been so for over a year . The inflationary pressures and general lack of a sound economy is something none of IND, ENG, OZ, SA, NZ suffer to that extent

Pakistan had no international cricket for a decade which hurt the PCB coffers and especially without tours from India

The TV rights deals are absolutely pesky when compared to India's.

Political situation that is worse than any other country with military and civil society in conflict.

Despite all this , Pakistan continues to produce plenty of genuine quicks , elite spin allrounders like Shadab and Imad, generational batsmen like Saim and Babar , scary power hitters like Ifti and Azam etc and a rock solid technician and the spiritual glue of the side in Rizwan who are the envy of the cricketing world.

Hats off to this production line. But question is how does PAK manage to create such talents that better economies and systems struggle to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

And I've had some light trollish banter with the likes of @Major and @ExpressPacer about the respective levels of talent in both India and PAK

Pakistan is in the midst of a serious economic crisis and has been so for over a year . The inflationary pressures and general lack of a sound economy is something none of IND, ENG, OZ, SA, NZ suffer to that extent

Pakistan had no international cricket for a decade which hurt the PCB coffers and especially without tours from India

Political situation that is worse than any other country with military and civil society in conflict.

Despite all this , Pakistan continues to produce plenty of genuine quicks , elite spin allrounders like Shadab and Imad, generational batsmen like Saim and Babar , scary power hitters like Ifti and Azam etc and a rock solid technician and the spiritual glue of the side in Rizwan who are the envy of the cricketing world.

Hats off to this production line. But question is how does PAK manage to create such talents that better economies and systems struggle to do?
To be completly fair, some of it is exaggerated.

The middle class and upper class are fine and local companies are still thriving, and the cricket system is still the same as its always been.

The main issue isn't per say the crises within Pakistan, its mostly related to the perceived value of the rupee and the international financial debt the country is In as they owe alot to foreign countries.

The problem with Pakistan has always been a lack of venture capitalism and an overreliance on foreign goods + corruption, taxes aren't utilised properly which results in an unstable economy. Theirs more as well but yeah.

We are largely a one-sport nation like India (to a lesser extent now). It is only natural that with the prevalence of clubs and some level of school/ college cricket, Pakistan is able to produce raw talent that require a lot of work.

Cricketers like Saim Ayub, Babar Rizwan and even Shaheen come from middle-class families so they aren’t as vulnerable to the perils of the economy and can focus on cricket. For instance, Saim mentioned that his family never stopped him from cricket and only encouraged him. Azam, that you mentioned, is a rich guy.

Take Jaiswal’s circumstances, he became from absolute poverty (AFAIK) and yet is the best batting talent to come out of world cricket in recent years.

Or take the example of Shamar Joseph - poor background and AFAIK, no cricket in his remote island whatsoever …yet he won WI a test in Australia.

So, in my opinion, a struggling economy is not going to impact cricketers that much if you have some form of formalised structure of ground level cricket albeit a poor one.

As a side note, Pakistan’s economy and the circumstances aren’t great. In fact, they are relatively grim. However, the situation is not as bad as the Indian news media would have you believe. I don’t blame you for having this opinion because you believe what you see and read and even I can’t help but read Indian news coverage of Pakistan because it is so widely covered. Life is still relatively normal because we have one of the worlds largest shadow economy and most people, even the lower middle classes, are able to get by and survive. Things are worse than what they were in the past but it’s not like some rogue African state or Afghanistan.

We are largely a one-sport nation like India (to a lesser extent now). It is only natural that with the prevalence of clubs and some level of school/ college cricket, Pakistan is able to produce raw talent that require a lot of work.

Cricketers like Saim Ayub, Babar Rizwan and even Shaheen come from middle-class families so they aren’t as vulnerable to the perils of the economy and can focus on cricket. For instance, Saim mentioned that his family never stopped him from cricket and only encouraged him. Azam, that you mentioned, is a rich guy.

Take Jaiswal’s circumstances, he became from absolute poverty (AFAIK) and yet is the best batting talent to come out of world cricket in recent years.

Or take the example of Shamar Joseph - poor background and AFAIK, no cricket in his remote island whatsoever …yet he won WI a test in Australia.

So, in my opinion, a struggling economy is not going to impact cricketers that much if you have some form of formalised structure of ground level cricket albeit a poor one.

As a side note, Pakistan’s economy and the circumstances aren’t great. In fact, they are relatively grim. However, the situation is not as bad as the Indian news media would have you believe. I don’t blame you for having this opinion because you believe what you see and read and even I can’t help but read Indian news coverage of Pakistan because it is so widely covered. Life is still relatively normal because we have one of the worlds largest shadow economy and most people, even the lower middle classes, are able to get by and survive. Things are worse than what they were in the past but it’s not like some rogue African state or Afghanistan.

I don't read Indian media outlets for anything Pakistani. I usually go by Bloomberg or The Economist or something similar and my views are usually based off of that.

Back