[PICTURE/VIDEOS] Abbas Afridi - International Performance Watch

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Abbas Afridi will be making his debut today against New Zealand in the 1st t20 game of the series. He can be a good prospect considering he can bowl with pace and can bat as well. Wish him best of luck for his Debut.

IXCCput.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Abbas has bowled beautifully as he got his 2nd wicket of the match. Kane Williamson was caught in the deep. Good start for the youngster.

135, 135, and slower ball at 107 which got the wicket of Kane. Good variation of pace for sure, but in the past 135 would be a slower ball by our bowlers :ROFLMAO:

0xA6QqG.png

135, 135, and slower ball at 107 which got the wicket of Kane. Good variation of pace for sure, but in the past 135 would be a slower ball by our bowlers :ROFLMAO:

0xA6QqG.png
exaggeration!

Aquib Javed, Sarfaraz Nawaz were in this category. Imran, Wasim & Waqar were all 135-137 kph bowlers in the later part of their careers.

Abbas Afridi made his debut memorable as he got 3 wickets and gave away just 34 runs in his 4-over spell. Brilliant stats considering the stadium dimensions..

He is a good bowler for T20 format with good intelligence and good control and enough pace as well but he needs to add atleast one more variation in to his bowling , either an outswing or a leg cutter or a swinging yorker otherwise he will get exposed once batsmen start reading his slower deliveries.

Very good debut. Pick of the bowlers from both sides for me. Knew exactly what to do, stuck to his game plan.

(Also joins the long list of Pakistani bowlers to have catches dropped off them on debut)

Pakistan bowling coach Umar Gul speaking to the press after the 1st T20I against New Zealand:

“This is a significant moment for Abbas, for me, and for our entire family. Firstly, I represented Pakistan, and now Abbas is representing Pakistan, making it a proud moment for our family.”

“Abbas' strengths and the reason for his selection are his performance in domestic cricket. And his variations are quite effective, and today he continued using those strengths, taking a crucial wicket. Unfortunately, the end result was not in our favor.”

A very good debut stuck to his strengths.
Need to see what hes capable of with the bat.

Quite a smart bowler even if he's medium pace. Looks confident of his abilities, and it does take some balls to throw in that many back of the hand deliveries against big hitters.

He seems to be a clever bowler with good skills and variety. He showed in his first game that he can be a really effective bowler at international level in limited overs cricket.

His debut game went pretty well and the variations he used were fabulous to keep his own bowling stats low on that small ground. It will be a great chance to make his mark in the remaining matches and make his case strong for a spot in T20 world cup squad.

Let's see how this guy performs today in the 2nd T20 match of the series. His first outing was brilliant, hope he can continue to get better.

Abbas has another wicket as he cleans Daryl Mitchell in the 2nd T20 match. Dragged it onto his stumps but good stuff from Abbas again,

Abbas has the 2nd wicket of the match as he removed Chapmna this time and ends his 4 overs for 43 runs and 2 wickets. Expensive today but got 2 important wickets at crucial time.

After missing the 3rd and 4th T20I game of the series against New Zealand, Abbas came back into the side for the final game but he bowled only 1 over. Why?
Is he not 100 percent?

After missing the 3rd and 4th T20I game of the series against New Zealand, Abbas came back into the side for the final game but he bowled only 1 over. Why?
Is he not 100 percent?
because he wasn't needed. It was a turning wicket. Even Zaman Khan bowled 1 over. I think Abbas should be with the team. He has good energy

Happy Birthday to Abbas Afridi.

The highest wicket-taker of the PSL 2023 edition and the winner of the Fazal Mehmood cap.

3 T20I international appearances for Pakistan so far, taking 5 wickets total including 3 wickets on debut earlier this year.

Abbas Afridi, the pick of the bowlers today for Pakistan against New Zealand. His figures so far 3/20 in 3 overs

Abbas Afridi gives the credit to Umar Gul for improvement in his bowling:

"Azhar bhai is working with me, in the past Umar Gul bhai has also worked with me on my bowling and Alhumdulilah have seen great improvement there (in my bowling)."

Always gave me the impression of someone who gives it all and doesn’t give up type of bowler which is a good trait to have and I know he will give his all for Pakistan inshAllah. Seems to also have that accurate yorker in his armoury like his uncle Umer Gul did in his day and was good in death overs today.

He did bowl nicely after going for a few runs in his first over. Really liked the way he stepped up and bowled good 2 overs next up. Still has to show something in batting to be called an all-rounder.

Fun fact alert:

In the 6 T20I matches Abbas has played, he took wickets in 4 of them but Pakistan lost all those matches. In the other 2 games where he didn’t take any wickets, Pakistan won both.

Maybe he should just play and not take any wicket. LOL

Nothing special. He is Umer Gul's bhatija and that is the only factor why he is playing ahead of consistent domestic performers.

Nothing special. He is Umer Gul's bhatija and that is the only factor why he is playing ahead of consistent domestic performers.
He is much better than a lot of other undeserving players in this squad. He is a wicket taker and performs that role pretty well. Even yesterday he bowled well, was really unlucky in the last over with fortune favoring Campher. If blame is to be apportioned for recent losses his share will be a lot less than some “superstars”.

Will it come down to a choice between Abbas Afridi and Naseem Shah?

Exceptional bowling performance against a tiny but tough opponent. One more Pak bowler who has the potential to become number one bowler in the world. :inti

He is very effective with the old ball only problem is that he is too predictable with his slower ones so he needs to add some more variations in his bowling.

not good enough.A trundler of highest level it's like watching an Indian trundler bowl ( absolutely hate that) . He has zero skills no pace.Should not make worldt20 squad.

He's been the most consistent bowler over the 3 series. That warrants some alarm bells going off, due to the fact that a young in experienced kid is out performing your seasoned campaigners.

He bowled better in the series against Ireland than his figures suggest.

Mohammad Abbas Afridi has made it to his maiden T20 World Cup call and no wonder Umar Gul is behind him ,otherwise he is not a special talent or better than Mohammad Ali.

Mohammad Abbas Afridi has made it to his maiden T20 World Cup call and no wonder Umar Gul is behind him ,otherwise he is not a special talent or better than Mohammad Ali.
Tbf he got tonked mainly because

A) Babar uses him poorly, Abass ain't a pp or death bowler, he's a over 7-15.

B) The pitch was like 40M, Ireland bowlers did worse when Pakistan was chasing

I think abbas deserved to be there. He can bowl in those middle overs and can trouble the batter with his variation. Can pick wickets as well, he was with the squad for some time now so his selection is not surprising at all.

I think abbas deserved to be there. He can bowl in those middle overs and can trouble the batter with his variation. Can pick wickets as well, he was with the squad for some time now so his selection is not surprising at all.
He does deserve to be in the squad however it will be hard for him to play in to the xi.

Was too expensive while bowling against Adelaide Strikers in the Sem-final of the top-end series but playing a good knock here.

54 off 28 balls atm. But the target is a bit too much as they need 42 more to win in 3 overs.

Was too expensive while bowling against Adelaide Strikers in the Sem-final of the top-end series but playing a good knock here.

54 off 28 balls atm. But the target is a bit too much as they need 42 more to win in 3 overs.
He conceded 51 runs with the ball but made up for it with the bat, scoring 54 off 29

Back