WASHINGTON MOSQUE, USA

Islamic_Center_of_Washington.JPG

STAR MOSQUE , BANGLADESH

1205dv1.jpg

KARBALA MOSQUE, IRAQ

kerbelahusseinmoscheeyr5.jpg

DUBLIN MOSQUE, IRELAND

dublinmosqueio4.jpg

Glasgow's appears as if an enormous spider. Russia's Qol Sharif looks colour-pretty at night.

Good pics, thanks.

filosofee said:
Glasgow's appears as if an enormous spider.

what on earth is it doing amongst such an esteemed collection :20:

it looks like 1970's kitsch

Beautifull, mosques should always be a place for the muslim community to gather, pray and discuss issues. It shouldnt JUST be for prayer.

Nice surroundings always make a difference

JeeraBlade , very nice pictures... but a correction world largest masjid is masjid al-haram in makkah.

Subhanallah, beatiful Mosques!

Place for all Muslims to gather!

Bro can you also put up the mosque in London, Birmingham, Manchester (I think), and New York City, Los Angeles, and Houston because I have heard they are a site as well

Last edited:
man Indian mosque looks so faded.. ppl in India should take care of JAMA MASJID.. it has got faded.. they need to take more care of it.

Some very beautifull mosques in places where you wouldnt expect them, e.g the Russian mosque

great collection....i loved it....they seem peaceful placese....i would love to vist the asian ones

Ghamkol Sharif Masjid, Birmingham

ghamkol.jpg

Birmingham Central Mosque

_1589689_mosque300.jpg

Masha´Allah!!! They are wonderful :14: :14: !!! Thanks for it man :19: .

I have to say I have been to both those mosques in Birmingham...

Birmingham central mosque has served the community for a long time, but its needs a face lift..

Most mosques are looked after very well, but B'ham mosque could do with a face lift.
Especially since it is very visual and next to a major road..

And our very own Grand Mosque - Masjid Al Fateh, Bahrain

photo_lg_bahrain.jpg

Out of interest, are there any nice pics of Shia mosques as well ?

JeeraBlade said:
The mosque in Bombay that's in the Arabian Ocean..quiet a site

796px-Haji-Ali.jpg
Its called haaji Ali

And its a very sacred place for most of Mumbaians (not only muslims but hindus also)

Last edited:
Haji Ali and one in Rajasthan are two places where some "Pir" are buried..

and AFAIK Muslims do not offer prayers to any human..?

so how come muslims visit these places??

bablu_khan said:
man Indian mosque looks so faded.. ppl in India should take care of JAMA MASJID.. it has got faded.. they need to take more care of it.

i have been to Jama Masjid ...since its an protected monument under archaeological survey of India..no construction work can be done which can damage the original structure...

but the over crowded place surrounding it..and markets around it....does not make it pleasing to eyes...

Surya said:
Haji Ali and one in Rajasthan are two places where some "Pir" are buried..

The one in Ajmer is the dargah of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisthi

There is also the Nizamuddin place in Delhi which attracts a large following.

You forgot to add the 3rd largest mosque, Hassan Thani mosque in casablanca. Mashallah its beautiful inside and out.

Cheraman Juma Masjid
Kodungallur in the Indian state of Kerala
Cheraman_jumamasjid.JPG

Last edited:
baital fatuh mosque in morden, s.w london

Attachments

• baital fatuh.jpg
    baital fatuh.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,011
Some absolutely wonderful and distinctive pictures.

Another breathtaking sight, is the Badshahi Mosque, which bears a close resemblance to the Jama Masjid in Delhi.

KB said:
Some absolutely wonderful and distinctive pictures.

Another breathtaking sight, is the Badshahi Mosque, which bears a close resemblance to the Jama Masjid in Delhi.

28jayk4.jpg

2567pt4.jpg

2hfj534.jpg

352gitv.jpg

2hsby9z.jpg

Thank you Jeerablade and Wazeeri.

Beautiful and stunning pictures of the Badshahi Mosque to go along with the other ones in this thread.

mamoo gogo said:
Yes, I also prefer the broken link...

:)) :))

See, it lets you use your imagination to come up with the best possible picture of your own choice!

The Faisal Mosque in Islamabad provides an interesting contrast to the Badshahi Mosque in Lahore.

The Mosque in Lahore, built by the last major Mughal ruler, Aurangzeb, is very much a reflection of Mughal architecture, with the soft red sandstone, the white marble domes, arches and the minarets.

The Faisal Mosque is more a fusion of the traditional and the modern. It has the minarets, but noticeably absent are domes and then traditional arches. The 'desert tent' type structure provides a distinctive look. More subtly imposing.

Garuda said:
Its called haaji Ali

And its a very sacred place for most of Mumbaians (not only muslims but hindus also)

easily one of the most peaceful places in mumbai ....been there a couple of time as it is pretty close to my office & also its believed praying there all your wishes are fulfilled !

luckily enuf my first project was a content portal with live feeds from Haji Ali &
Siddivinayak temple ..which wer our only two free products for users ...the response we got from people did surprise me , there wer actaully people watching the streams 24/7 ....it hardly made a difference even after making it a paid service !

mashallah

and the one saying colombo, is that the colombo in sri lanka?

I had the privelidge of visiting the Blue mosque in Istanbul for the 2nd time. The most amazing and Brilliant structure ive ever seen. Im sure some PPers have visited it but to stand inside it is simply an amazing experience.

Although pictures don't do it justice at all, Regents Park Mosque is one of the most iconic ones for me. Used to take long walks in Regents Park, and the mosque is beautiful. Interior is amazing as well.

3247326992_3c6ec9ef6d.jpg

Have to say though, my favourite is the King Faisal Masjid in Islamabad. Stunning piece of architecture.

Hasan said:
and the while, the Whabbies destroy all structures associated with the birth of Islam and the life of the Prophet. The home of the Prophet has been destroyed such that a car park can be put in its place.

http://mahaguru58.blogspot.com/2008/04/saudis-demolish-remains-of-prophets.html

Muslims can demonstrate against the destruction of a man made mosque(babari mosque) all over the world
!!!!!!!!!!
But how samefull it is when nodbody even bother to register their protest while these ARAB Baddoos Wahabies are demolishing the places built, owned, and used by the Allah's most loved one; Mohammad s.a.w.w.

[MENTION=138980]TalentSpotterPk[/MENTION], really nice pics.

For some reason, most Mosques feel like a place where you could sit down, meditate and ponder about life and our existence.

[MENTION=138980]TalentSpotterPk[/MENTION], really nice pics.

For some reason, most Mosques feel like a place where you could sit down, meditate and ponder about life and our existence.
JazaakAllah Brother.

May Allah Bless you and your loved Ones.

So should the Mosques be actually from where " Love for All Hatred For None " is spread and which should make you closer to Allah our Creater and which should help in harnessing human values and build up character.

I believe this is how a Place of Allah is supposed to be.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back