Status
Not open for further replies.

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
PLEASE ALL READ

1. This whole PPCL thing is for people to enjoy themselves
2. Words such as chaprasi" , "bongay", "balatkari", etc. being thrown around are not on - lets keep it civil
3. So NO NAME CALLING should be done and will not be permitted
4. Posters must try and stick to their own team threads and not enter/derail other team threads, as the purpose of having your team thread is to discuss strategies etc w.r.t the PPCL games.

If you do make a comment, it should be good natured and not meant to rile up people or cause a reaction.

Last edited:
PLEASE ALL READ

1. This whole PPCL thing is for people to enjoy themselves
2. Words such as chaprasi" , "bongay", "balatkari", etc. being thrown around are not on - lets keep it civil
3. So NO NAME CALLING should be done and will not be permitted
4. Posters must try and stick to their own team threads and not enter/derail other team threads, as the purpose of having your team thread is to discuss strategies etc w.r.t the PPCL games.

If you do make a comment, it should be good natured and not meant to rile up people or cause a reaction.

Agreed.
For number 4 , we can create a separate thread where everyone can mingle within premises of good natured banter.
I think intentions were to have light hearted comments and there was nothing personal or serious. For example I myself, [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] and [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] were simply trying to keep the league active. I was loving their contribution.

Still I think if we want to ask everyone to stick to their team thread, we can create a common thread for gentlemanly get together.

Agreed.
For number 4 , we can create a separate thread where everyone can mingle within premises of good natured banter.
I think intentions were to have light hearted comments and there was nothing personal or serious. For example I myself, [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] and [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] were simply trying to keep the league active. I was loving their contribution.

Still I think if we want to ask everyone to stick to their team thread, we can create a common thread for gentlemanly get together.

Agreed. It's important to have fun and being able to entract on threads creates that. But definitely name-calling shouldn't be a part of it all. Crosses the limit I feel.

Agreed. It's important to have fun and being able to entract on threads creates that. But definitely name-calling shouldn't be a part of it all. Crosses the limit I feel.

Yes. Name calling, even the impression of it , will ruin the fun.
Some one may not mind being called chaprasi but some readers may then go one step further. Nip the evil in the bed.

We have to keep it civil and decent. But it doesn't mean I will spare you once for all . :)))

Agreed.

I agree about creating a thread for friendly banter.

Would keep the league active...

I think number 4 is well written if you are going to post in other team threads it should be a positive or say only related to friendly cricket banter and not personal as this would surely cause reaction and altercation

Agreed.

I think we could create this new thread and try to ask every team captain or vc a few questions such as

who do you think are favorites to win or strong opponent or team to beat in this tournament, or questions just related to there strategies against some of their opponents or an individual player that they are looking to target, I dont know when I was new to this PPCL I would only be active during my team matches but now that I know quite a lot of other users I could just banter with them but a new player signups might feel reluctant until and unless it is a team discussion

One could see that new player signups are not that active maybe they will be when tournament starts

I think we could create this new thread and try to ask every team captain or vc a few questions such as

who do you think are favorites to win or strong opponent or team to beat in this tournament, or questions just related to there strategies against some of their opponents or an individual player that they are looking to target, I dont know when I was new to this PPCL I would only be active during my team matches but now that I know quite a lot of other users I could just banter with them but a new player signups might feel reluctant until and unless it is a team discussion

One could see that new player signups are not that active maybe they will be when tournament starts

That’s a good idea, but for that you need all teams to have submitted their teams first.

Although I doubt any team will share their strategy but they can give their opinion on who is looking dangerous to them :))

That’s a good idea, but for that you need all teams to have submitted their teams first.

Although I doubt any team will share their strategy but they can give their opinion on who is looking dangerous to them :))

We need separate thread for pre match and post match get together. Members should register for that thread and should abide by rules of friendly banter within limits.
Ultimately everyone is contributing for fun sake but some dimensions may give impression of OTT banter unintendedly.

My only concern is that we are taking a fun activity and turning it into something no one wants to see.

I suggest carry on with team threads but exercise COMMONSENSE and not go overboard.

I am closing this thread now - will leave it upto you to exercise your judgement.

Guys - please make sure we respect each other and dont cross lines in name of 'banter'

Grilling teams is ok but dont target individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back