Pot calling the kettle black? BJP leader likens Mamata Banerjee to Kim Jong Un: 'Can't tolerate opposition'

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Union Minister and BJP leader Giriraj Singh on Thursday likened West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, saying neither of them could “tolerate opposition”

Singh’s remark was in response to Mamata Banerjee saying that “If Bengal is set on fire, Assam, northeast, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha and Delhi will also be affected."

"This can't be the language of a democratic person, of a Chief Minister,” Giriraj Singh.

Drawing parallels between Mamata Banerjee and Kim Jong Un, Giriraj Singh said, “North Korean leader Kim Jong Un doesn't tolerate his opposition. Similarly, Mamata Banerjee doesn't tolerate the words of her opposition."

Mamata Banerjee’s remark had also drawn a sharp reaction from Himanta Biswa Sarma, who accused his Bengal counterpart of speaking “divisive language”.

"Didi (Mamata Banerjee), how dare you threaten Assam? Don't show us your bloodshot eyes. Don't try to set India on fire with your politics of failure. It does not suit you to speak divisive language," Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma tweeted.

This comes amid a war of words between BJP and Mamata Banerjee over the handling of the Kolkata rape murder case and the subsequent protests that rocked Bengal. A trainee doctor was raped and murdered at Kolkata’s RG Kar Hospital on August 9. The horrific incident sparked nationwide protests, with demonstrators continuing their agitation 20 days after the incident.

The BJP called for Bengal Bandh on Wednesday after police crackdown on demonstrators during Tuesday’s protests.

The Trinamool Congress, on the other hand, has accused the BJP of instigating violence in Bengal.

Mamata Banerjee alleged that the BJP was threatening democracy in Bengal and trying to create anarchy “with the support of the Government of India”.

“With support from the Centre, they are trying to create lawlessness and I have raised my voice against them," she said

Mamata and Modi are similar.

Quite dictatorial and demanding of sychophants around them, but with undeniable electoral success.

Like how?

Give examples.

1. Centralization of power: Modi concentrates decision making to himself, Amit Shah and a few hangers on in the PMO, marginalizing cabinet ministers and other key institutions. If the BJP has won a state in the last few years, it's in Modi's interest to place a no-name as the CM. Similarly, Mamata is the queen of the TMC, with unilateral decisions ruling the roost. It's hard to come up with a list of prominent faces in the TMC outside of her - she is very Jayalalitha like in that regard.

2. Suppression of dissent: The Modi government has used laws like sedition and UAPA, as well as CD/EBI to target activists, journalists and political opponents to force them to join the BJP or for other reasons. Mamata is also intolerant toward critics, with instances of police action against the opposition and the media if they criticize their government.

3. Polarizing rhetoric: For Modi, this is self-explanatory. Mamata too is accused of engaging in identity politics, portraying herself as the protector of minority communities in Bengal, which hasn't done that state's society or economy any favours.

1. Centralization of power: Modi concentrates decision making to himself, Amit Shah and a few hangers on in the PMO, marginalizing cabinet ministers and other key institutions. If the BJP has won a state in the last few years, it's in Modi's interest to place a no-name as the CM. Similarly, Mamata is the queen of the TMC, with unilateral decisions ruling the roost. It's hard to come up with a list of prominent faces in the TMC outside of her - she is very Jayalalitha like in that regard.

2. Suppression of dissent: The Modi government has used laws like sedition and UAPA, as well as CD/EBI to target activists, journalists and political opponents to force them to join the BJP or for other reasons. Mamata is also intolerant toward critics, with instances of police action against the opposition and the media if they criticize their government.

3. Polarizing rhetoric: For Modi, this is self-explanatory. Mamata too is accused of engaging in identity politics, portraying herself as the protector of minority communities in Bengal, which hasn't done that state's society or economy any favours.
Lol at point 1. You are complaining about dictatorship WITHIN BJP. No party has democracy within. A party member cannot even vote against the party whip, otherwise will get disqualified.

Point 2. All major journalists who criticize Modi are roaming around freely. Even those who threatened of chopping Modi to pieces are free. Modi gets death wishes and insults daily from prominent people. Where are they suppressed? What kind of dictator allows that?

Point 3. This is not dictatorial. You are mixing because you have run out of reasons you could think of, not that the earlier ones were any good.

Lol at point 1. You are complaining about dictatorship WITHIN BJP. No party has democracy within. A party member cannot even vote against the party whip, otherwise will get disqualified.

Point 2. All major journalists who criticize Modi are roaming around freely. Even those who threatened of chopping Modi to pieces are free. Modi gets death wishes and insults daily from prominent people. Where are they suppressed? What kind of dictator allows that?

Point 3. This is not dictatorial. You are mixing because you have run out of reasons you could think of, not that the earlier ones were any good.

You are right. I am now convinced.

Please collect your ₹2 from my tax money.

You are right. I am now convinced.

Please collect your ₹2 from my tax money.
Modi is such a dictator that he has to roll back reform laws because certain section has problems with it.
He is such a dictator that he was to follow supreme court directives.
He is such a dictator that his party loses elections in states despite his campaign.
He is such a dictator that lapdog media continues to spread propaganda and he is unable to silence them.

Modi is such a dictator that he has to roll back reform laws because certain section has problems with it.
He is such a dictator that he was to follow supreme court directives.
He is such a dictator that his party loses elections in states despite his campaign.
He is such a dictator that lapdog media continues to spread propaganda and he is unable to silence them.

Do you have to pay income tax on the ₹2? Is it subject to 12.5% LTCG if you put it somewhere else?

1. What you are describing happens or happened in every political party.

2. There's criticism and then there is outright anti Indian activities. Anyone who holds a political post should be criticised be it Modi or anyone else. But anti country activities cannot be condoned in the name of criticism.

Corruption has to be stopped. BJP has been able to prevent any large scale corruption within the party hence they are able to target corruption of other parties. They ofcourse choose the timing carefully.

3. If Mamata was protecting minority rights that would be ok. She is engaging in widespread appeasement, it has reached such proportions that court's have had to intervene. Basically no law applies to you in Bengal if you're from a particular community.

The only fascism in India is in West Bengal. Even Tamil Nadu or Kerala is better. West Bengal has what is called a Partycracy. The ruling party workers supersede even the police and civil servants. Even if you vote for opposition, it has to be done silently, otherwise there is retribution.

People in India don't know the truth of Bengal.

2. There's criticism and then there is outright anti Indian activities. Anyone who holds a political post should be criticised be it Modi or anyone else. But anti country activities cannot be condoned in the name of criticism.

100% agree.

Ajit Pawar is a pro-India figure. Babul Supriyo is anti-India. Suvendu Adhikari is pro-India. Birender Singh is anti-India.

100% agree.

Ajit Pawar is a pro-India figure. Babul Supriyo is anti-India. Suvendu Adhikari is pro-India. Birender Singh is anti-India.
Why did Supreme Court call CBI a caged parrot in 2013, under the non dictator PM?

Mamata recently said (in Bengali), if you make an attempt to burn Bengal..we will not spare UP, Orissa, Assam, entire North East and even Delhi. Will burn down these states too.

Please name a sitting cheif minister ever made such comment.

Mamata recently said (in Bengali), if you make an attempt to burn Bengal..we will not spare UP, Orissa, Assam, entire North East and even Delhi. Will burn down these states too.

Please name a sitting cheif minister ever made such comment.

Yeah, she has a few screws loose.

Is it only because of the illegal immigrants that she manages to win convincingly at both state and centre?

Yeah, she has a few screws loose.

Is it only because of the illegal immigrants that she manages to win convincingly at both state and centre?

Illegal immigrants and Woke bengalis - she wins bcoz of them.

Prior to 2021 election, she called Modi & Shah as outsiders and even stopped Yogi Adityanath to campaign in Bengal saying outsiders (non bengalis) not allowed in her state. Then in this Lok Sabha election, she gave ticket to Yusuf Pathan (a Gujarati) against fellow Bengali Adhir Ranjan Choudhary.

Just take any member from her party, you will find all have ego issues. This Mohua Moita openly uses 'H' word in parliament and then laughs, Derek O'Brien throws book at speaker, check out the tweets of Sagarika Ghose. Check out the arrogance of all the TMC spokespersons that comes on tele...so much so that even Barkha Dutt had to ask Sanket Gokhale (TMC spokersperson) to leave her show recently. It is not a party but akin to a terrorist organization which should be banned in India.

Bengal elections are like no where in the country. People who don't want to vote for TMC are barred from entering polling booth, opposition party workers are murdered, most of the constituencies have gundas sitting from her party who threatens people. She wins only bcoz of these.

However, her time is coming to an end very soon. Paap ka ghara bhar gaya hai...as they say in hindi. Thats why she is making all these obnoxious statements as burning down other states etc.

I also blame Modi for it. He is too soft to deal with her for unknown reason, unless there is a bigger game I am not following. If it is Kejriwal or Rahul, BJP is 24*7 behind them but wonder why they go numb dealing with her? If it was Indira Gandhi, there will be a President rule long time ago in West Bengal. Outsiders like you can't even imagine what a mess this state is under TMC.

Also, the audaicty of my dear Pakistani OP to compare Modi/BJP with Mamata Banerjee. As they saw, knowledge of nothing but has to comment on everything. LOL

Prior to 2021 election, she called Modi & Shah as outsiders and even stopped Yogi Adityanath to campaign in Bengal saying outsiders (non bengalis) not allowed in her state. Then in this Lok Sabha election, she gave ticket to Yusuf Pathan (a Gujarati) against fellow Bengali Adhir Ranjan Choudhary.

Just take any member from her party, you will find all have ego issues. This Mohua Moita openly uses 'H' word in parliament and then laughs, Derek O'Brien throws book at speaker, check out the tweets of Sagarika Ghose. Check out the arrogance of all the TMC spokespersons that comes on tele...so much so that even Barkha Dutt had to ask Sanket Gokhale (TMC spokersperson) to leave her show recently. It is not a party but akin to a terrorist organization which should be banned in India.

Bengal elections are like no where in the country. People who don't want to vote for TMC are barred from entering polling booth, opposition party workers are murdered, most of the constituencies have gundas sitting from her party who threatens people. She wins only bcoz of these.

However, her time is coming to an end very soon. Paap ka ghara bhar gaya hai...as they say in hindi. Thats why she is making all these obnoxious statements as burning down other states etc.

I also blame Modi for it. He is too soft to deal with her for unknown reason, unless there is a bigger game I am not following. If it is Kejriwal or Rahul, BJP is 24*7 behind them but wonder why they go numb dealing with her? If it was Indira Gandhi, there will be a President rule long time ago in West Bengal. Outsiders like you can't even imagine what a mess this state is under TMC.

Also, the audaicty of my dear Pakistani OP to compare Modi/BJP with Mamata Banerjee. As they saw, knowledge of nothing but has to comment on everything. LOL

Does it matter if she is replaced by someone else though? In Bengal, the flag may change (Left -> Mamata -> maybe BJP next) but if the flagbearers stay the same, what difference will it make?

Last edited by a moderator:

Had received an encylopedia as a prize from Derek O'Brien in inter school quiz, where he was the quiz master. That was my biggest achievement in school years to see him in person. What a charlatan he turned out to be.

Does it matter if she is replaced by someone else though? In Bengal, the flag may change but if the flagbearers stay the same (Left -> Mamata -> maybe BJP next), what difference will it make?

A lot...LOL.

Look how Assam changed under Hemanta Sharma.

Bengal is a land of Tagore, Swami Vivekananda and Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay. If BJP comes back to power, they will reignite the lost bengali pride, kick out all illegal Bangladeshi and Rohingya immigrants. That will be a fantastic start.

Only issue is, BJP dnt have a proper leader in Bengal.

A lot...LOL.

Look how Assam changed under Hemanta Sharma.

Bengal is a land of Tagore, Swami Vivekananda and Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay. If BJP comes back to power, they will reignite the lost bengali pride, kick out all illegal Bangladeshi and Rohingya immigrants. That will be a fantastic start.

Only issue is, BJP dnt have a proper leader in Bengal.

My point is: the BJP will have to use the same ingredients on the ground as the Left and TMC to wrest power. The same goondas you speak of, who are threatening the voters to vote for the Left yesterday and TMC today, will do it for the BJP tomorrow.

Yes, the BJP will come to power, but the state won't change.

My point is: the BJP will have to use the same ingredients on the ground as the Left and TMC to wrest power. The same goondas you speak of, who are threatening the voters to vote for the Left yesterday and TMC today, will do it for the BJP tomorrow.

Yes, the BJP will come to power, but the state won't change.
The only change will be illegal Bangladesis will be kicked out.

The only change will be illegal Bangladesis will be kicked out.

Will they? They'll just hop onto a train and head elsewhere. Here in Bangalore so many security guards of buildings and shopping malls are Bangladeshi. And they sure as hell didn't immigrate with a work visa.

Will they? They'll just hop onto a train and head elsewhere. Here in Bangalore so many security guards of buildings and shopping malls are Bangladeshi. And they sure as hell didn't immigrate with a work visa.
Then it becomes the problem of other states. The other states also must act and catch all the illegals.

At least Bengal will be safer.

West Bengal is the major hub where illegal bangladeshis get their official documents made, while other hubs are in UP, hyderabad etc.

Hyderabad has lots of Bangladeshis. Same with Bangalore.
When asked where they are from, they always say Malda district. Ask anything else and they won't have answers. To many they appear to speak bengali, but they speak the dhakai dialect. I used to tease @cricketjoshila bhai by using the dhakai dialect and he was convinced I am a bangladeshi.

BJP = Bharatiya Joker Party.

Can BJP tolerate opposition? LOL.

Can you pls shed some light what was your purpose behind making this ignorant comment so that we can address your concern properly?

Thanks,
Rajdeep.

The aim should be to make Bangladesh Mukt Bharat.

:uakmal
West Bangal and my state Assam. What wrong have we done to deserve this? You guys probably have little idea what the Congress government of the past here has done to my state.

West Bangal and my state Assam. What wrong have we done to deserve this? You guys probably have little idea what the Congress government of the past here has done to my state.

Congress in Assam

Communists and Mamata in Bengal.

Time is near when common people will uproot and throw out these illegal immigrants.

Congress in Assam

Communists and Mamata in Bengal.

Time is near when common people will uproot and throw out these illegal immigrants.
I sincerely hope it does not come to that level. It is the responsibility of the Government to throw out the illegals.

If people take law into their own hands, there will be destruction and massive loss of life. I am sure a little pressure from the Government will force majority to leave.

I sincerely hope it does not come to that level. It is the responsibility of the Government to throw out the illegals.

If people take law into their own hands, there will be destruction and massive loss of life. I am sure a little pressure from the Government will force majority to leave.

These illegal nimmigrants have become vote banks.

A hostile general population is the best deterrent to illegal immigrants.

It is a myth that India is democratic and secular. 99.99% of Indians do not understand democracy let alone know what secular means.

I mean one Indian BJP racist calling an Indian West Bengali a racist just sums up the general perception and realities of India - when Indians flee India for a better education, India is left with ignorance.

Had received an encylopedia as a prize from Derek O'Brien in inter school quiz, where he was the quiz master. That was my biggest achievement in school years to see him in person. What a charlatan he turned out to be.

I met the guy during my school days in Dubai when he came for a visit; wasn't smart enough to win any of his quizzes though.

Derek joined TMC politics because he lost a lot of his friends to violence during the 30 year rule of the Communist party. Unfortunately that meant he started providing covering fire for Mamata's eventual misdeeds. That's what partymen do.

Disgusting video I have seen right now, of far right Hindus beating an older Muslim man in his 70s vicisouly in the train for allegedly carrying meat. He's got black eyes and is begging them not to. The video goes on to state he was thrown off the moving train (this last bit isn't on tape).

You can go online and find countless such videos. If one day an extreme Islamist group decides to exploit these grievances wonder who the Indians will blame?

Disgusting video I have seen right now, of far right Hindus beating an older Muslim man in his 70s vicisouly in the train for allegedly carrying meat. He's got black eyes and is begging them not to. The video goes on to state he was thrown off the moving train (this last bit isn't on tape).

You can go online and find countless such videos. If one day an extreme Islamist group decides to exploit these grievances wonder who the Indians will blame?
No one to blame. Muslims have killed hindus when they were capable and hindus will kill muslims when they are capable.

If muslim crimes can be whitewashed, hindus crimes can also be whitewashed.

It is a myth that India is democratic and secular. 99.99% of Indians do not understand democracy let alone know what secular means.

I mean one Indian BJP racist calling an Indian West Bengali a racist just sums up the general perception and realities of India - when Indians flee India for a better education, India is left with ignorance.
There's a big difference. Indians move abroad for a better standard of life, Pakistanis move abroad just to survive and escape death.

Back