POTW: mominsaigol

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
The POTW award makes a welcome return after a longish absence. To be honest, more of a statement on the state of Pakistan cricket than anything else.

However, I am pleased to announce that the award for a recent post for well thought-out analysis on the contrasting fortunes of Australia and Pakistan in the ODI World Cup 2023 goes to @mominsaigol - Congratulations!

Theirs a plethora of reasons for Australia winning and Pakistan losing.

A) Luck: Australia got lucky. The Afghanistan game, Afghans missed many opportunities which they could have easily taken and dismissed maxwell on, Great innings by maxwell but some catches shpuld have been taken, just like the Ben Stokes catch in 2019 thay went for a 6 shpuld have been taken.

They also got lucky thay they faced the 3 strongest teams sa, NZ, India at the beginning and lost 3 on the dot, Every other game besides Afghanistan was pie for them as Pakistani run machines, Sri Lanka run machines, minnow Bangaldesh, Out of form England etc wouldn't have been an issue for them.

Lastly in the final the toss was important to bowl first since India struggled with conditions, Australia due to batting 2nd were already familiar with how the pitch was gonna play whereas Indian bats had no clue.

Pakistan only got lucky in the NZ game, Many times unlucky infact such as the sa game where the umpire didn't give out.

B) Gelled team: Aussie middle order was weak but they had a killer opening amd killer finishers and a good bowling attack, secondly their team was gelled, aussie media didn't give them any pressure, In Pakistan's case you could tell they were low on confidence and just weren't gelled enough, particularly usama mir who seemed out of it the most, It also didn't help that after 2 victories we faced India which has been the cause of nightmares for us. As after losing to India we tend to lose to weaker teams like Sri lanka as well due to pressure and humiliation from media.

C) Accumulators: Abdullah, Imam, Babar, Rizwan, Saud, Chacha, Shadab and Nawaz are off the same mould, in 2017 everyone is a striker with babar being the anchorer. In 2023, the whole team is basically a bootleg version of Babar, Abdullah and imam are just Babar 2.0 but 100x worse and with a much weaker sr and the inability to get a move on.

Australia doesn't have the problem with Marsh, Warner and Travis head opening lol, Even labu can up the ante when needed or they just shibe him down the order for maxwell.

D) Bowlers: The bowlers are a joke compared to aussie bowlers who are tough to deal with especially with stark finding rhythm mid way through the tournament, Pat Cummings too.

E) Fielding: Fielding wise Pakistan has never been close to Australia so moot point.

The POTW award makes a welcome return after a longish absence. To be honest, more of a statement on the state of Pakistan cricket than anything else.

However, I am pleased to announce that the award for a recent post for well thought-out analysis on the contrasting fortunes of Australia and Pakistan in the ODI World Cup 2023 goes to @mominsaigol - Congratulations!
Thank you brother ❤️❤️, I'll keep making PP proud and will be sharing my insight as best as I can.

Top poster.

The happiest I am is when I see people that have been gifted with knowledge, intellect and wisdom by the Almighty speak the truth. Brother @mominsaigol deserves the plaudits
Haha, Zindabad Brother, and I will continue to speak the truth as much as possible.

This is exactly what we do 24/7, discredit players and teams after they perform and win big. So winning the World Cup can be a fluke, Wow. Bowling first in the final was a very brave decision by Cummins.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exactly what we do 24/7, discredit players and teams after they perform and win big. So winning the World Cup can be a fluke, Wow. Bowling first in the final was a very brave decision by Cummins.

This is called expressing your views without abusing other posters.

We have no issue with that. You are also free to express your views.

You completly missed the point of the whole post? Unless you're trolling,

The point of the post isn't to discredit anyone, You should know from my past posts that I'm the biggest Australian supporter here. I support the team through thick and thin, and I acknowledged how goated of a team they are. When have I ever said otherwise?

However unless your classic Australia that just one shots everybody cricket in existence,

World cups require some elements of luck. Every person ON THIS PLANET, have had some elements of luck to get to where they are.

Same logic applies for the world cup, 1992 world cup is a historic moment for us, but THAT DOES NOT mean we didn't get lucky, we lost 4 games on the dot, 5 games would have been lost had kudrat ki nizam not struck.

Australia 100% got lucky this cup, almost every team in world cups has had some form of luck to get to where they are.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but unless you have a flawless wc, IT is completly impossible to get to where you are without some element of luck. You literally contradicted yourself by claiming pat Cummings made an excellent decision to bowl first, well newsflash India wanted to do the same, Guess why they didn't do it? Because aussies got lucky enough to win the toss.

Also one thing, Fluke and luck are completly different things. Understand the difference.

Fluke is the most extreme form of luck that entails no element of hard work was needed.

Luck is any element that goes in your favour that's outside your control, but doesn't mean hard work isn't needed to have certain elements being probability manipulated in your favour.

I never used the word FLUKE.

This is called expressing your views without abusing other posters.

We have no issue with that. You are also free to express your views.
That's exactly what I did above and I did not abuse any posters.

The point of the post isn't to discredit anyone, You should know from my past posts that I'm the biggest Australian supporter here. I support the team through thick and thin, and I acknowledged how goated of a team they are. When have I ever said otherwise?

However unless your classic Australia that just one shots everybody cricket in existence,

World cups require some elements of luck. Every person ON THIS PLANET, have had some elements of luck to get to where they are.

Same logic applies for the world cup, 1992 world cup is a historic moment for us, but THAT DOES NOT mean we didn't get lucky, we lost 4 games on the dot, 5 games would have been lost had kudrat ki nizam not struck.

Australia 100% got lucky this cup, almost every team in world cups has had some form of luck to get to where they are.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but unless you have a flawless wc, IT is completly impossible to get to where you are without some element of luck. You literally contradicted yourself by claiming pat Cummings made an excellent decision to bowl first, well newsflash India wanted to do the same, Guess why they didn't do it? Because aussies got lucky enough to win the toss.
No, I did not and trolling is something I have never done here. Anyways Congrats!

Good post and well done, though I disagree about Labu and Shadab being an anchor, the later normally hits out or keeps score board ticking at a good rate.

Lol, seriously. Please read your post again. Whatever the point was, you did try to prove that Australia got totally lucky from the start to finish and the final was going to favour the team that won the toss and bowled first - meaning team batting first was always going to lose. At least try and be honest with yourself. I bet Australia could have won that game even if they batted first. How do we know this, well this is Australia we are talking about.

Of course this is cricket bro and some element of luck is always involved. If you want to find the elements of luck, then you will find them in almost every game of cricket that has been played until today.
Forget about 1992 world cup and the qudrat ka nizam. Let's focus on your post and help me understand your point. You said Pakistan only got lucky against New Zealand. Let me ask you this question, what would have been the final result if Pakistan got lucky against other teams as well?

Once again I have no idea what you are trying to say. So all teams are winning because there is luck involved and Pakistan could have gotten lucky as well and win the world cup if our team was gelled, if we did not surround Babar with all accumulators, if our bowlers were also good enough and were tough to deal with just like Australian bowlers and the fielding which obviously Pakistan have never been good at.

Once again what exactly was the point you were trying to make, please do help me understand.

Lol, seriously. Please read your post again. Whatever the point was, you did try to prove that Australia got totally lucky from the start to finish and the final was going to favour the team that won the toss and bowled first - meaning team batting first was always going to lose. At least try and be honest with yourself. I bet Australia could have won that game even if they batted first. How do we know this, well this is Australia we are talking about.

Of course this is cricket bro and some element of luck is always involved. If you want to find the elements of luck, then you will find them in almost every game of cricket that has been played until today.

Forget about 1992 world cup and the qudrat ka nizam. Let's focus on your post and help me understand your point. You said Pakistan only got lucky against New Zealand. Let me ask you this question, what would have been the final result if Pakistan got lucky against other teams as well?

Once again I have no idea what you are trying to say. So all teams are winning because there is luck involved and Pakistan could have gotten lucky as well and win the world cup if our team was gelled, if we did not surround Babar with all accumulators, if our bowlers were also good enough and were tough to deal with just like Australian bowlers and the fielding which obviously Pakistan have never been good at.

Once again what exactly was the point you were trying to make, please do help me understand.
Why does every pakistani fan like having arguments for the sake of having arguments? Does everyone always want to just hold a hold trophy that says I'm right and you're wrong?

I will answer but if you're not willing to hold an honest discourse then their isn't any point, as I can't convince someone who either does mot wish to listen to the other side, nor do I personally care about my opinion being valued lol, I don't care who agrees or disagrees.

Point 1

I never claimed they got totally lucky, totally lucky is just another word for fluke hence youre shoving words into my mouth, nice try. The word TOTALLY LUCKY is a major accusation so kindly highlight where i claimed it.

I bet Australia could have won the game if they batted first, how do ik this, well their Australia after all.

😂😂. This made me laugh irl, no way did I just read this right. Regardless I'll be respectful and answer, the point isn't that Aussies would not have won if they batted first, anything can happen in cricket, India could have collapsed in the 2nd round or they could have crossed, who knows. It's a hypothetical scenario and of said scenario happened we'd be analysing it differently and this post would not exist.

This post is highlighting and presenting information on WHAT OCCURRED, not fantasy arguments on hypothetical. As for your last line well their Australia after all, Literally no comment. 😂😂, its too funny man.

That is literally what I said? Bro why are you acting as if I only listed a single factor for Australia winning?

Did you not read Point B, C, D, E and F?

😂😂😂😂,
Brother i cant stop laughing. Youre making me chukle so much, im not insulting you btw, its AlrightE, these comments are very funny.

Brother how can I seriously answer this? How on earth do I know what would have happened? I'm not God?

Secondly you're misunderstanding what luck is. Not one said hard work isn't a factor. Glenn maxwell innings is a super man innings, and is an all time goat innings, he obviously worked hard and played like a champ. But he did get lucky, he edged a delivery in the air and Afghanistan fielders were caught sleeping and weren't anywhere near it. A competent team like NZ would have caught it.

As for the other teams, Firstly we got outclassed left and right by the teams we lost to. The south Africa game we would have won if The umpire raised the finger which was unlucky, as it would have been out if he did on drs.

Mate im not understanding what youre trying to say 😂.

Merei Bhai, I listed 5 factors in my POTW, i never listed only One? Youre strawmanning me beyond belief.

And yes HYPOTHETICALLY, we would have won if we had a gelled team, Good bowlers, top class batsmen who weren't accumulators and top class fielding lol. But it's a hypothetical scenario, we do not have the players for it. Australia does.

Why does every pakistani fan like having arguments for the sake of having arguments? Does everyone always want to just hold a hold trophy that says I'm right and you're wrong?

I will answer but if you're not willing to hold an honest discourse then their isn't any point, as I can't convince someone who either does mot wish to listen to the other side, nor do I personally care about my opinion being valued lol, I don't care who agrees or disagrees.

Point 1

I never claimed they got totally lucky, totally lucky is just another word for fluke hence youre shoving words into my mouth, nice try. The word TOTALLY LUCKY is a major accusation so kindly highlight where i claimed it.

I bet Australia could have won the game if they batted first, how do ik this, well their Australia after all.

😂😂. This made me laugh irl, no way did I just read this right. Regardless I'll be respectful and answer, the point isn't that Aussies would not have won if they batted first, anything can happen in cricket, India could have collapsed in the 2nd round or they could have crossed, who knows. It's a hypothetical scenario and of said scenario happened we'd be analysing it differently and this post would not exist.

This post is highlighting and presenting information on WHAT OCCURRED, not fantasy arguments on hypothetical. As for your last line well their Australia after all, Literally no comment. 😂😂, its too funny man.

That is literally what I said? Bro why are you acting as if I only listed a single factor for Australia winning?

Did you not read Point B, C, D, E and F?

😂😂😂😂,
Brother i cant stop laughing. Youre making me chukle so much, im not insulting you btw, its AlrightE, these comments are very funny.

Brother how can I seriously answer this? How on earth do I know what would have happened? I'm not God?

Secondly you're misunderstanding what luck is. Not one said hard work isn't a factor. Glenn maxwell innings is a super man innings, and is an all time goat innings, he obviously worked hard and played like a champ. But he did get lucky, he edged a delivery in the air and Afghanistan fielders were caught sleeping and weren't anywhere near it. A competent team like NZ would have caught it.

As for the other teams, Firstly we got outclassed left and right by the teams we lost to. The south Africa game we would have won if The umpire raised the finger which was unlucky, as it would have been out if he did on drs.

Mate im not understanding what youre trying to say 😂.

Merei Bhai, I listed 5 factors in my POTW, i never listed only One? Youre strawmanning me beyond belief.

And yes HYPOTHETICALLY, we would have won if we had a gelled team, Good bowlers, top class batsmen who weren't accumulators and top class fielding lol. But it's a hypothetical scenario, we do not have the players for it. Australia does.
Lmao Unbelievable I know where it is going, just like yesterday when you had no idea about muscle building and training programs and how you completely changed the topic instead of admitting that you had no idea what you were talking about.

The biggest issue with Pakistan cricket is corruption. Our team in 2023 world cup was divided into two groups and you all know that it was Shaheen vs Babar. Thanks to PCB and Zaka Ashraf.

Lmao Unbelievable I know where it is going, just like yesterday when you had no idea about muscle building and training programs and how you completely changed the topic instead of admitting that you had no idea what you were talking about.

The biggest issue with Pakistan cricket is corruption. Our team in 2023 world cup was divided into two groups and you all know that it was Shaheen vs Babar. Thanks to PCB and Zaka Ashraf.
I never changed the topic.

Building muscle is a very very subjective term which you keep taking to the extreme, same with how you're taking it here.

You can build muscle even with one day worth of training, it's just not very noticeable or noticeable at all. Building muscle does not mean building a 6 pack, or becoming the next brock lesnar. The comment was mostly in regards to Azam Khan, His body fat composition is much much higher then his muscle composition.

As for your final point, it's irrelevant, it's derailing the topic, corruption was never a focal point of this discussion, so kindly don't accuse me of switching topics when you bring elements of corruption into it.

Topic isn't about what's wrong with Pakistan cricket as a whole , its factors analysing why Australia succeeded and why Pakistan failed IN THE WORLD CUP.

Theirs no need to go into the past 24/7 and say things like bro in the past, or just like yesterday.

Their irrelevant to the current topic at hand and they just dive into personal insults. It's frankly childish and we're all adults. You can state your disagreements about the current topic.

No need to say Yesterday you made this claim so it invalidates everything by default lol.

mominsaigol said:

You start your post with "reasons for Australia winning and Pakistan losing" and then went on to explain where the luck was involved for Australia.

A) Luck: Australia got lucky. The Afghanistan game, Afghans missed many opportunities which they could have easily taken and dismissed maxwell on, Great innings by maxwell but some catches shpuld have been taken, just like the Ben Stokes catch in 2019 thay went for a 6 shpuld have been taken.

They also got lucky thay they faced the 3 strongest teams sa, NZ, India at the beginning and lost 3 on the dot, Every other game besides Afghanistan was pie for them as Pakistani run machines, Sri Lanka run machines, minnow Bangaldesh, Out of form England etc wouldn't have been an issue for them.

Lastly in the final the toss was important to bowl first since India struggled with conditions, Australia due to batting 2nd were already familiar with how the pitch was gonna play whereas Indian bats had no clue.

Pakistan only got lucky in the NZ game, Many times unlucky infact such as the sa game where the umpire didn't give out.

Then clearly mentioning above that Pakistan only got lucky against NZ, so in other words, Pakistan could have won the world cup or make it to the finals if we got lucky against SA as well(Please do correct my if I am wrong)

Before we go any further, please explain the above and what was the point of comparing the two?

B) Gelled team: Aussie middle order was weak but they had a killer opening amd killer finishers and a good bowling attack, secondly their team was gelled, aussie media didn't give them any pressure, In Pakistan's case you could tell they were low on confidence and just weren't gelled enough, particularly usama mir who seemed out of it the most, It also didn't help that after 2 victories we faced India which has been the cause of nightmares for us. As after losing to India we tend to lose to weaker teams like Sri lanka as well due to pressure and humiliation from media.

C) Accumulators: Abdullah, Imam, Babar, Rizwan, Saud, Chacha, Shadab and Nawaz are off the same mould, in 2017 everyone is a striker with babar being the anchorer. In 2023, the whole team is basically a bootleg version of Babar, Abdullah and imam are just Babar 2.0 but 100x worse and with a much weaker sr and the inability to get a move on.

Australia doesn't have the problem with Marsh, Warner and Travis head opening lol, Even labu can up the ante when needed or they just shibe him down the order for maxwell.

D) Bowlers: The bowlers are a joke compared to aussie bowlers who are tough to deal with especially with stark finding rhythm mid way through the tournament, Pat Cummings too.

E) Fielding: Fielding wise Pakistan has never been close to Australia so moot point.

mominsaigol said:

You start your post with "reasons for Australia winning and Pakistan losing" and then went on to explain where the luck was involved for Australia.

Then clearly mentioning above that Pakistan only got lucky against NZ, so in other words, Pakistan could have won the world cup or make it to the finals if we got lucky against SA as well(Please do correct my if I am wrong)

Before we go any further, please explain the above and what was the point of comparing the two?

I can't believe I have to explain this, it's easy to comprehend but you're not willing to listen because you want some sort of moral high ground. Whatever I'll say you'll argue it back with some derailment or something silly.

First of, you need to learn how to read, don't say IN OTHER WORDS and then state something completly different. Do you even know what In other words means? It means explaining the same sentence in the exact same way in am easier terminology, Not changing the entire sentence structure 😂.

I never said Pakistan would have ever made it to the finals or won the world cup if they got lucky against sa lol. I said they got unlucky against SA, That's all. None of that implies that they'd win the world cup.

The entire point of comparing the 2 was that Australia had various insistences of luck involved, Afghanistan game, Plus the fact that because Australia is a very strong team, them losing 3 games to the strongest teams at the beginning made it easy for them to dominate teams like Pakistan, they didn't have to worry about RR since easy teams they'd just cremate and win over.

If they faced India, NZ and SA later, then its possible that if they had relaxed in games or experimented with players against minnows, RR would be am issue. They played full strength and struck high scores cause they knew those 3 losses, meant they couldn't afford to take risks.

Similarly while not the ONLY FACTOR For their victory in the final, The toss was crucial, Australia bowled and batted well, but they had an advantage in terms of analysing conditions which was lucky due to winning the toss.

Not once did I say that if Pakistan beat sa duento umpire overturning the decision, that Pakistan would automatically win the world cup.

Also bro you aren't God, Just because you don't think my post deserves POTW doesn't mean that the standards of PP are declining, It's just your opinion. It makes no difference to me.

I never changed the topic.

Building muscle is a very very subjective term which you keep taking to the extreme, same with how you're taking it here.
What nonsense? You know nothing about building muscles and training programs and were rightly exposed by me and other posters in that thread.
You can build muscle even with one day worth of training, it's just not very noticeable or noticeable at all. Building muscle does not mean building a 6 pack, or becoming the next brock lesnar. The comment was mostly in regards to Azam Khan, His body fat composition is much much higher then his muscle composition.
lmao What are you smoking brother? Have you completely lost it? One day? seriously? It is impossible to build muscle in a day. Okay tell me how it is done? In few simple steps. As always you will dodge this question or go in circles. Just admit that this is not your field and you know nothing about this.
As for your final point, it's irrelevant, it's derailing the topic, corruption was never a focal point of this discussion, so kindly don't accuse me of switching topics when you bring elements of corruption into it.
Why is it irrelevant? It is a team game brother and if the board is corrupt and refusing to gel the team then no matter how good they are, they will never win. One of your point was talking about how connected and gelled the Australians were.
Topic isn't about what's wrong with Pakistan cricket as a whole , its factors analysing why Australia succeeded and why Pakistan failed IN THE WORLD CUP.
and I am saying that the two are not even comparable and your post never made any sense. If anything, it needlessly took all the credit away from Australia who gave it all and won it fair and square, something Pakistan can dream of.

What nonsense? You know nothing about building muscles and training programs and were rightly exposed by me and other posters in that thread.

lmao What are you smoking brother? Have you completely lost it? One day? seriously? It is impossible to build muscle in a day. Okay tell me how it is done? In few simple steps. As always you will dodge this question or go in circles. Just admit that this is not your field and you know nothing about this.

Why is it irrelevant? It is a team game brother and if the board is corrupt and refusing to gel the team then no matter how good they are, they will never win. One of your point was talking about how connected and gelled the Australians were.

and I am saying that the two are not even comparable and your post never made any sense. If anything, it needlessly took all the credit away from Australia who gave it all and won it fair and square, something Pakistan can dream of.
This is going into adnauseam.

You turned a potw thread into your own argumentative fantasies 😂😂.

The body building part derails the thread, it has no relevance to what's being discussed so theirs no reason to answer.

Again the word BUILDING MUSCLE is so subjective.

It's irrelevant cause its not the main focal point of the post of which you're addressing. Australia were gelled, Pakistan wasn't. Their a plethora of reasons for that, Corruption point derails the thread again, I kept telling you to stop derailing.

I will say this one last time, I repeat one last time.

MY POST MENTIONED 5 FACTORS, I REPEAT 5 FACTORS, THAT YOU'RE BRAIN IS INCAPABLE OF PROCESSING.

luck is one factor, Australia was NOT the luckiest team in the tournament not even close, them having more luck then Pakistan doesn't mean much.

Their 4 other factors I mentioned in which i gave FULL CREDIT to their fielding, bowling, batting and why they were heaps and shoulders above Pakistan team. I even so far to claim why Australians had zero problems with facing teams like Pakistan or Bangladesh as we are minnows to them.

NO ONE IS TAKING CREDIT AWAY FROM ANYONE. I am literally Australia's biggest fan you donut.

Also none you guys can ever expose me or even come close to beating me in anything. Its not a competiton on who's superior.

Comments such as

" Babar can hit 6 4's in a super over"

Or

" If Australia batted first they'd win, you know how ik? Well their Australia after all"

^^ These comments are so laughably bad that it's not worth addressing.

Just like kohli vs Babar isn't a comparison, you vs I isn't.

Just drop it man, if you don't like the POTW don't comment on it period. This thread isn't about you and your personal feelings lol 😂, nor is it about me.

It's about a post on the Internet. I'm sorry if it ruined your day lol.

I can't believe I have to explain this, it's easy to comprehend but you're not willing to listen because you want some sort of moral high ground. Whatever I'll say you'll argue it back with some derailment or something silly.

First of, you need to learn how to read, don't say IN OTHER WORDS and then state something completly different. Do you even know what In other words means? It means explaining the same sentence in the exact same way in am easier terminology, Not changing the entire sentence structure 😂.

I never said Pakistan would have ever made it to the finals or won the world cup if they got lucky against sa lol. I said they got unlucky against SA, That's all. None of that implies that they'd win the world cup.
OMG this is unbelievable, then what was the point of comparing the two(Australia's luck situation with ours)
The entire point of comparing the 2 was that Australia had various insistences of luck involved, Afghanistan game, Plus the fact that because Australia is a very strong team, them losing 3 games to the strongest teams at the beginning made it easy for them to dominate teams like Pakistan, they didn't have to worry about RR since easy teams they'd just cremate and win over.

If they faced India, NZ and SA later, then its possible that if they had relaxed in games or experimented with players against minnows, RR would be am issue. They played full strength and struck high scores cause they knew those 3 losses, meant they couldn't afford to take risks.

Similarly while not the ONLY FACTOR For their victory in the final, The toss was crucial, Australia bowled and batted well, but they had an advantage in terms of analysing conditions which was lucky due to winning the toss.

Not once did I say that if Pakistan beat sa duento umpire overturning the decision, that Pakistan would automatically win the world cup.

Also bro you aren't God, Just because you don't think my post deserves POTW doesn't mean that the standards of PP are declining, It's just your opinion. It makes no difference to me.
What nonsense? of course I am not God. I am just discussing cricket here, that's all. Anyways It is impossible to reason with you and I will get out of your way now.

OMG this is unbelievable, then what was the point of comparing the two(Australia's luck situation with ours)

What nonsense? of course I am not God. I am just discussing cricket here, that's all. Anyways It is impossible to reason with you and I will get out of your way now.
Because the whole post is about why Australia won and why Pakistan lost so its important to highlight every factor.

I'll explain It to you In other words.

Note, I'm now making this AS SIMPLE AS HUMANELY POSSIBLE.

1) Australia won because they were more lucky then Pakistan

2) Australia won because they have top class bowling while Pakistan has run machines

3) Australia has a weak middle order besides maxwell but a gun batting line up which includes the likes of Warner, Travis head, Marsh, Maxwell, Travis, Warner and maxwell being 3 bats superior to anyone we've produced in the last 10 years.

4) Australia won because they are a gelled team while Pakistan is not.

5) Australia won because their fielding is 200x superior to Pakistan's.

^^ That's all I said and here I dumbed it down for you.

Secondly you're nor discussing cricket. You're making personal attacks left and right. Inmade a personal attack on you, only after requesting 4x to not attack, our discussion was not civil by any means given the trolling nature of your words and borderline trying(albeit failing miserably) to make fun of me lol, the reason you don't like this post is the same reason Mamoon doesn't. Both of you do not like me personally so the idea of POTW irks you, but let me tell you something I'm not petty man, idc about stuff like these. Trust me it ain't worth the jealously lol.

Also if you make comments such as

" So you're saying if Pakistan had a world class bowling line up, An amazing batting line up without accumulators, a plethora of luck and fielding on par with Australia we'd win?"

^^ These types of arguments so silly, that's its not worth refuting lol.

@topspin

You gotta read this discussion 😂😂, this takes the cake over the babar can hit 6 4's in a super over lol.

Good post and well done, though I disagree about Labu and Shadab being an anchor, the later normally hits out or keeps score board ticking at a good rate.
Fair enough, thank you so much ❤️ ❤️.

Because the whole post is about why Australia won and why Pakistan lost so its important to highlight every factor.

2) Australia won because they have top class bowling while Pakistan has run machines

3) Australia has a weak middle order besides maxwell but a gun batting line up which includes the likes of Warner, Travis head, Marsh, Maxwell, Travis, Warner and maxwell being 3 bats superior to anyone we've produced in the last 10 years.

Secondly you're nor discussing cricket. You're making personal attacks left and right. Inmade a personal attack on you, only after requesting 4x to not attack, our discussion was not civil by any means given the trolling nature of your words and borderline trying(albeit failing miserably) to make fun of me lol, the reason you don't like this post is the same reason Mamoon doesn't. Both of you do not like me personally so the idea of POTW irks you, but let me tell you something I'm not petty man, idc about stuff like these. Trust me it ain't worth the jealously lol.

" So you're saying if Pakistan had a world class bowling line up, An amazing batting line up without accumulators, a plethora of luck and fielding on par with Australia we'd win?"

Where did I attack you personally? I just talked about what I did not agree with. I have nothing personal against you, @Mamoon or any other poster here on Pakpassion and I am sure Mamoon will tell you the same. I always do my best to separate the post from the person as I don't know you guys personally and have never met you, so there is no question about getting personal with you or any other poster here. I am sorry if you felt that way! I will be careful going forward. You are a good poster and I enjoy reading your posts.

Where did I attack you personally? I just talked about what I did not agree with. I have nothing personal against you, @Mamoon or any other poster here on Pakpassion and I am sure Mamoon will tell you the same. I always do my best to separate the post from the person as I don't know you guys personally and have never met you, so there is no question about getting personal with you or any other poster here. I am sorry if you felt that way! I will be careful going forward. You are a good poster and I enjoy reading your posts.
Appreciate you.

I will tell you exactly where I was coming from, something I still have a problem with. Your post is perfect as long as you remove your "point 1" from this post that I am replying to and "point A" from your POTW. To me, It is taking all the credit away from an all time great team that plays their cricket professionally and start their preparations right away for the next world cup after winning one. Teams like Australia make their own luck whereas a pathetic team like Pakistan is always playing politics.

@mominsaigol

I do think that Australia got lucky against Afghanistan, but other than that there was not much luck involved, but that is just my opinion and you can disagree with me.

I will tell you exactly where I was coming from, something I still have a problem with. Your post is perfect as long as you remove your "point 1" from this post that I am replying to and "point A" from your POTW. To me, It is taking all the credit away from an all time great team that plays their cricket professionally and start their preparations right away for the next world cup after winning one. Teams like Australia make their own luck whereas a pathetic team like Pakistan is always playing politics.
None of that is true unless you're talking about classic Australia which went unbeaten or heck even 2015 aus.

Even 2019 England got lucky.

You need luck and skill in all walks of life, very very rarely does skill alone get you to the top, Classic Australia is a massive outlier to said rule as outliers will always exist.

2023 Australia got lucky but luck isn't all that's needed to win a world cup, it doesn't take any credit away from anyone.

They got lucky in that they faced the 3 strongest teams head on at the start, so in future games they didn't have to worry about RR (Besides Afghanistan) as they'd just play at a fast rate, However its because they have skill that teams like Pakistan aren't a problem for them, Hence its luck and skill.

Secondly the toss is lucky for them as they can assess playing conditions prior however its not the only factor that resulted in India victory.

Lastly they got lucky against Afghanistan as despite maxwell having the skill to play a Superman innings, his edge didn't carry because afghani fielders got caught sleeping whereas a good fielding team would have reached it in time resulting in aussie elimination.

Are you kidding? You outright claimed that the you couldn't believe the post got potw, Now you're claiming its perfect but with only one problem.

You do realise you conceded to this whole discussion the moment you automatically claimed

"Of course this is cricket bro, some element of luck is obviously required"

I won the argument as soon as you claimed this,

Their wasn't any discussion to be had, this debate ended their and then.

None of that is true unless you're talking about classic Australia which went unbeaten or heck even 2015 aus.
Just because they went unbeaten previously does not mean that it will happen all the time. Were they playing in India? Winning a world cup in India against India in front of 100000 indians is not easy.
Even 2019 England got lucky.
That is exatly what my point was, so basically all teams got lucky previously. 1983, 1992, 1999(I guess Pakistan should have bowled first), 2019 and 2023. To me, this is just a silly way of discussing cricket. You are focusing way too much on luck.
You need luck and skill in all walks of life, very very rarely does skill alone get you to the top, Classic Australia is a massive outlier to said rule as outliers will always exist.
Don't want to focus too much on luck. Not a right way of discussing cricket, I know posters do this here, but I simply don't agree with this style of reasoning.
2023 Australia got lucky but luck isn't all that's needed to win a world cup, it doesn't take any credit away from anyone.

They got lucky in that they faced the 3 strongest teams head on at the start, so in future games they didn't have to worry about RR (Besides Afghanistan) as they'd just play at a fast rate, However its because they have skill that teams like Pakistan aren't a problem for them, Hence its luck and skill.
I think they were unlucky to face the 3 strongest teams at the start, it must have put a lot of pressure on them and could have been a reason for them to not qualify for the semis, but credit to them as they came out on top.
Secondly the toss is lucky for them as they can assess playing conditions prior however its not the only factor that resulted in India victory.
Teams always bat first in the finals unless the pitch is a minefield. That pitch was not a minefield and it was a brave decision by Pat Cummins. Let me ask you this question- Did Rohit say at the toss that he also wanted to bowl first?
Lastly they got lucky against Afghanistan as despite maxwell having the skill to play a Superman innings, his edge didn't carry because afghani fielders got caught sleeping whereas a good fielding team would have reached it in time resulting in aussie elimination.

Are you kidding? You outright claimed that the you couldn't believe the post got potw, Now you're claiming its perfect but with only one problem.
That was just me being nice to you after you thought that I was getting personal with you. Think about this brother, if they got lucky winning the toss, playing the first 3 games against stronger teams and whatever else you mentioned, then how the rest of your points make sense? Don't they leave a bit of bitter taste in mouth? I mean what I am reading is that
Australia got lucky to play the first 3 games against stronger teams, then they got lucky against Afghanistan and then got lucky with the toss in the final. So basically they got lucky at the start of the tournament and then in the middle of tournament and then in the finals. Why should we compare a silly situation like this and say that these were the reasons why Pakistan did not win.
You do realise you conceded to this whole discussion the moment you automatically claimed

"Of course this is cricket bro, some element of luck is obviously required"

I won the argument as soon as you claimed this,

Their wasn't any discussion to be had, this debate ended their and then.
lol, I believe for you, it is all about having the last word and winning the argument.

Just because they went unbeaten previously does not mean that it will happen all the time. Were they playing in India? Winning a world cup in India against India in front of 100000 indians is not easy.

That is exatly what my point was, so basically all teams got lucky previously. 1983, 1992, 1999(I guess Pakistan should have bowled first), 2019 and 2023. To me, this is just a silly way of discussing cricket. You are focusing way too much on luck.

Don't want to focus too much on luck. Not a right way of discussing cricket, I know posters do this here, but I simply don't agree with this style of reasoning.

I think they were unlucky to face the 3 strongest teams at the start, it must have put a lot of pressure on them and could have been a reason for them to not qualify for the semis, but credit to them as they came out on top.

Teams always bat first in the finals unless the pitch is a minefield. That pitch was not a minefield and it was a brave decision by Pat Cummins. Let me ask you this question- Did Rohit say at the toss that he also wanted to bowl first?

That was just me being nice to you after you thought that I was getting personal with you. Think about this brother, if they got lucky winning the toss, playing the first 3 games against stronger teams and whatever else you mentioned, then how the rest of your points make sense? Don't they leave a bit of bitter taste in mouth? I mean what I am reading is that
Australia got lucky to play the first 3 games against stronger teams, then they got lucky against Afghanistan and then got lucky with the toss in the final. So basically they got lucky at the start of the tournament and then in the middle of tournament and then in the finals. Why should we compare a silly situation like this and say that these were the reasons why Pakistan did not win.

lol, I believe for you, it is all about having the last word and winning the argument.
Wanted to say that most teams prefer to bat first in the finals*

YOU NEED LUCK, everyone in this planet has certain amounts of luck to get to where they are, that does not invalidate your skills.

You yourself are lucky, only 2% of Pakistani's can speak English and even less then them are educated. The fact that you can speak English is likely due to the fact that you were born in a family that could speak both good English and urdu, and the fact that you're talking to me ON THE INTERNET, means that you have the money to afford the Internet which alot of people do not.

If you were born into a poor family in the slums of Pakistan, you wouldn't be here, but I assume that you probably have a job, and are educated, it doesn't invalidate your hard work, you worked hard to get here, but you still had people in your life to help you get to where you are.

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO GET ANYWHERE WITHOUT ELEMENTS OF LUCK, UNLESS YOU'RE SOME OPRAH WINFREY OR JACK MA.

Classic Australia just like jack ma, or oprah winfrey that truly started with nothing and reached the top is a massive massive outlier.

Otherwise yes, every single team you mentioned had luck, if you were to pick the same teams from that era over again, and play Russian roulette with them, the outcome would be massive different.

INDIA OUTRIGHT CLAIMED THEY WERE GONNA BOWL FIRST, they said it because the pitch was a rank Turner hence why Rahul was struggling and so was labu, Travis head was the only one who didn't struggle and thats due to Travis head being one of the best players in test during a 2nd innings where the ball is old, his experience in red ball helped.

ALONGSIDE THE FACT, that they had an amazing bowling line up, a brilliant top order, eexcellent fielding, a gelled team + LUCK.

MY POINTS ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.

@mominsaigol

Please remind me If Rohit said that at the toss or after the game that he also wanted to bowl first? Just asking

Thanks

@mominsaigol

Please remind me If Rohit said that at the toss or after the game that he also wanted to bowl first? Just asking

Thanks
Rohit wasn't sure, he didnt know if to bat first or ball first and was happy he didn't win the toss.

Mainly because the pitch report was that the pitch gets easier to bat throughout the day.

INDIA OUTRIGHT CLAIMED THEY WERE GONNA BOWL FIRST, they said it because the pitch was a rank Turner hence why Rahul was struggling and so was labu, Travis head was the only one who didn't struggle and thats due to Travis head being one of the best players in test during a 2nd innings where the ball is old, his experience in red ball helped.
I haven’t read the discussion so I’m not going to comment on anything else but Rohit said at the toss that he would have batted first even if he had won the toss so. Ravi Shastri’s pitch report stated that the best option was to bat first.

The entire world was shocked when Cummins made the decision to bat second. It was unbelievably brave and Cummins was ultimately rewarded for the bravery.

Also check out the match thread:

Most people were saying Australia already lost after they chose to bat first and some posters were even saying Cummins decision looks dodgy.

Can you please take this back and admit that you made this up just because all you wanted was to win this argument?

Thank you brother

Can you please take this back and admit that you made this up just because all you wanted was to win this argument?

Thank you brother
Fair enough, I read the pitch report and it said otherwise. Regardless

It doesn't take back any other points, nor does it help further your cause. This entire post has been made into a troll thread thanks to you.

Because you don't understand the basic fundamentals of what luck is, you're assuming it's a bad thing that somehow discredits teams.

I'll admit where I was wrong, but the argument still ended right their and then, when you already agreed to elements of luck.

It's been game over for a while. .

@topspin

You gotta read this discussion 😂😂, this takes the cake over the babar can hit 6 4's in a super over lol.

Enjoy your thread bro, no need to indirectly involve me. I gave an honest opinion about your POTW and it got deleted. Don't want to respond to this comment of yours as it will take away from your glory. Enjoy for now, there's other threads we can discuss

Enjoy your thread bro, no need to indirectly involve me. I gave an honest opinion about your POTW and it got deleted. Don't want to respond to this comment of yours as it will take away from your glory. Enjoy for now, there's other threads we can discuss

My glory is POTW on PP? Bruh. I mean I'm happy yes, but it's not my glory 😂.

But you're right, jo ghalat hai wo ghalat hai.

I won't ever mention the 6 4's comment ever again. That's a promise.

You and I can disagree but I don't wish for any hostility from here on out.

I think we should have cake dedicated to you which is a square shape, 6 x 4 inches and with 24 slices.

All 3 of them are hardcore Babar fans. I didn't see daytrader's post. What did he say?
He agreed with Mamoon claiming that all I do is post alot so I got a pity paty and we need to (sarcastically) Appreciate the effort lol.

I have to lose 10 & 11 POTW awards to get back to your level.

It is like a Ballon d’Or winner showing eyes to Lionel Messi.
Bro no one cares that much about who gets potw.

I just congralutate anyone who gets POTW and thank anyone who congralutates me when I get it.

It's just POTW, I didn't win the lottery or get appointed employee of the year by Bill Gates.

I don't know why you're flexing about POTW or having more POTW then me 😂.

What do you want me to say? Great job?

I'm trying to be respectful to him, but it is ironic

Dude I've been the same with you. I thought we made peace and then just now you said you would restrain from hostility only to flip flop once again as soon as you saw your post.

No one's salty. I was one of the first ones to congratulate you. It has nothing to do with Babar but more so about the quality of your post. I guess this was one of those where you didn't directly or indirectly accuse or attack someone hence why this particular post got selected. Must have been a tough one for the mods. Anyways you got the message and know the truth, that's what matters.

Are we not supposed to add these to our resume?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I don't even get why he's so mad?

Caved was more or less arguing about one point on the post.

Why are Mamoon and Daytrader so upset about POTW? 💀.

Its not that big a deal, I'm happy but their acting showcasing anger as if I took their promotions amd got them fired from jobs. Probably the most silly thing I've had anyone eve be jealous of. And I work in marketing where people get mad at tapal tea 💀.

I don't even get why he's so mad?

Caved was more or less arguing about one point on the post.

Why are Mamoon and Daytrader so upset about POTW? 💀.

Its not that big a deal, I'm happy but their acting showcasing anger as if I took their promotions amd got them fired from jobs. Probably the most silly thing I've had anyone eve be jealous of. And I work in marketing where people get mad at tapal tea 💀.
They are upset just like they were when Imad was raking in 3 motm awards knocking Babar and Rizwan back into the realm of defeat, where they truly reside

They are upset just like they were when Imad was raking in 3 motm awards knocking Babar and Rizwan back into the realm of defeat, where they truly reside

I think this is the actual reason. It seems the wounds are still fresh. Babar fans are still so mad about Imad owning their hero.

Dude I've been the same with you. I thought we made peace and then just now you said you would restrain from hostility only to flip flop once again as soon as you saw your bf post.

No one's salty. I was one of the first ones to congratulate you. It has nothing to do with Babar but more so about the quality of your post. I guess this was one of those where you didn't directly or indirectly accuse or attack someone hence why this particular post got selected. Must have been a tough one for the mods. Anyways you got the message and know the truth, that's what matters.
You did congralutate but I saw what you said with Mamoon.

Look bro, genuinely I don't care much, this isn't the highlight of my life. In grateful to everyone who congralutated genuinely and I'm glad for itz but I'm not gonna spend the next month stating look at me my shiny trophy lol, after today in forgetting about it and posting on other threads about other topics.

The only issue I have Is why you're secretly trying to discredit. How is stating "Must have been a tough one for the mods"

Or claiming to Mamoon "Well let's just appreciate the effort"

Not passive aggressive?

Don't be passive aggressive and you'll get the same treatment. Anyway time to move on and let bye gones by bye gons, this is my final comment on this particular thread.

Back