PP World Cup Fantasy Football - Sign Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitman

Test Debutant
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Runs
13,176
Hi,

As I said I would I have organised a PP Fantasy Football League for the FIFA World Cup. Here are instructions on how to join:


(1) Go to : http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/

(2) Register!

(3) Read Terms and Conditions and if you do, agree! (A copy ot the T&C: http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/M/showtac.mc)

(4) Pick your team (Unlimited changes can be made until the first deadline which is 16:30 BST - 09 Jun, 2006)

(5) Go to the 'Leagues' tab.

(6) You have to join a private league. The code for the PP Fantasy Football League is:

38841-7078

Note: You can make unlimited transfers until the first deadline. After that you can only make a limited amount. For details, see: http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk/M/help.mc?category=transfers

I'd also advise you to read the rules and look through the general information as I'm sure it would be helpful to you. (Rules: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules.html)

-------------------------------------------------------------

I will ask the admin to allocate me some titles for the leader so get at it lads and join up. This time no excuses from those who are too lazy to sign up on time! :D
 
Signing up ...One thing, please remember ur up against me before signing up :D
 
HAFRIDI said:
Signing up ...One thing, please remember ur up against me before signing up :D

You probably would have given me a good run for my money had you joined on time.

At least now I have a real challenge! :D
 
:D

I have to say the budget + worth of players is not as tight as the Fantasy prem, all my players are well known, something the Fantasy prem lacked
 
I agree. I looked at a few sites but this was best because of its simplicity. WIth some you had to update your team everyday and another had players in the WC only from the Premier League.
 
I'd like to encourage PPers to sign up for this, as Hitman puts in a lot of effort in organising these leagues on PakPassion.

I'll be submitting my team soon - wooden spoon here we come.
 
I'm trying to join - What are the figures after the price? Eg Lehman 6.5 21 ?
 
Im still thinking whether i should sign up? :13: :13: since i wont be able to update it, rather avoid the embarrasment
 
Geordie Ahmed said:
Im still thinking whether i should sign up? :13: :13: since i wont be able to update it, rather avoid the embarrasment

Why not, planning to get married soon or something :13:
 
i joined the premiership one, never changed the team and ended in the bottom half.

Never again!
 
The thing about this one is that you can only choose players from the Premiership, there’s hardly any choice, and everyone’s teams are going to be similar. I’m trying to find one that includes all world cup players. But ill join this one soon.
 
Has said:
The thing about this one is that you can only choose players from the Premiership, there’s hardly any choice, and everyone’s teams are going to be similar. I’m trying to find one that includes all world cup players. But ill join this one soon.

Nope. In this one you can choose players from all leagues and countries!
 
Hitman said:
Nope. In this one you can choose players from all leagues and countries!

Nice one HITMAN, I thought it was the same one we used for the Premier League, in the World Cup version you can only have EPL player that are in the World Cup. I was bit annoyed about that one.

Nice one.
 
Has said:
Nice one HITMAN, I thought it was the same one we used for the Premier League, in the World Cup version you can only have EPL player that are in the World Cup. I was bit annoyed about that one.

Nice one.

You're welcome mate :)
 
Team entered - boy that was tough !
 
Saj said:
Team entered - boy that was tough !

In this site, they have a very generous budget. In a lot of formats you wouldn't be able to buy that many superstars.

I've entered my team but I will decide my final squad soon before the WC starts.
 
Hitman said:
In this site, they have a very generous budget. In a lot of formats you wouldn't be able to buy that many superstars.

I've entered my team but I will decide my final squad soon before the WC starts.

so many superstars ? My budget must be less than everyone elses :D
 
zten, sign up! You only have to change your team 3 or 4 times in this. Don't be a lazy git.
 
Waqar's inswinging yorker said:
just entered, it is a generous budget - i was trying to keep it within £50m!!! before reading how much we could have!

Quite generous indeed.
 
Points after day one:

# Team Manager Gam Tot
1 Afridis Sixes Sarfraz Nazir 27 27
2 Saj's Samba Stars Saj Sadiq 10 10
3 Hitman's Champs Rashid Ali 1 1
3 Zushy's_Rangers Z J 1 1
3 Rampant XI Hafridi !! 1 1
6 ZM's All Stars Zahir Mahmood 0 0
6 Billys Boys Bilal Ansari 0 0
6 Brummie Boys Rob Hall 0 0
6 all stars x1 sarlick maruf 0 0
6 Moorish Thunder Awais Salahuddin 0 0
6 Fake Madrid syed shah 0 0
6 FC Rabb Imran Rabbani 0 0
6 The Monk's Assassins mohammad ahmar 0 0
6 Indeed Hassan Butt 0 0
6 FC_United Haroon Hassan 0 0
6 Nawaz Allstars Arshed Mahmood 0 0
6 WIY Galacticos amjad mahmood 0 0
6 all Waseem stars Waseem Faruq 0 0
 
I have picked a bad team and I don't think I will win this.

snazir is looking like an early favourite.
 
why the hell didnt Baros play!Kovac?

My hope is on Ronny d, lucio,alonso now and henry whos playing right now!

I got nothing for c ronaldo, he was my captain also !! :mad:
 
Transfers deadline- Game round 2

transfers will be active for Game Round 2 as long as they are confirmed by 19:30 BST - 14 Jun, 2006.
 
HAFRIDI said:
why the hell didnt Baros play!Kovac?

My hope is on Ronny d, lucio,alonso now and henry whos playing right now!

I got nothing for c ronaldo, he was my captain also !! :mad:

Injured, I think.

Thanks for the reminder.
 
Bulletproof Monk said:
hitman do you get 4 transfer per round or do you get 4 transfers period?

4 per round I think.

Check the rules to be sure.
 
After first round:

05425ff2.jpg
 
waheyyy some consolation for me, ive got the most points in this gameweeek so far, 11 :D
 
How do the transfer periods work. You are allowed 4 transfers in the whole of the group matches ?
 
No 4 per phase. You're given deadlines. Basically the first phase ended when all the teams had played once. Second will end when every team has played two.

I think you'll get to change your whole change after the group stages.

Check the rules though to be sure.
 
FInally getting the points underway, 53 points with sheva and Alonso still to play in their games..if only i had someone else as captain instead of Klose!
 
HAFRIDI said:
Took close off for torres last night..and Klose scores :10:

Torres is in line to be rested against saudi arabia thats why i transferred him out!
i'm gutted as i transferred out big ron for lukas podolski - miss out on 1 goal there


:)))

somehow my ronaldo transfer didnt go through so he stayed in for podolski! :11:
 
Last edited:
i bought torres and adriano in..both not playing..what a joke..dont these manaers know we got fantasy teams to manage..plus i made adriano captain saab..
 
snazir6 said:
i bought torres and adriano in..both not playing..what a joke..dont these manaers know we got fantasy teams to manage..plus i made adriano captain saab..

i listened to what luis aragones said after spain beat tunisia - but he lied to me, first he said that all players will be changed bar iker casillas, now it turns out that canizares will play!
 
Nawaz just take on of ur defenders off by that lil arrow button under it and drag the player on sub in(striker :D best )
 
Waqar's inswinging yorker said:
i listened to what luis aragones said after spain beat tunisia - but he lied to me, first he said that all players will be changed bar iker casillas, now it turns out that canizares will play!

I still had my best players like C ronaldo, torres, alonso an they hardly played!! :12:

altho sheva and henry scored

Ive brought an eng mid in now in place of park ji and took kovac out too, to raise me funds :p
 
Sorry I've been very busy and haven't had time to post updated tables and carry out discussions. Latest table:

table.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top