Ramiz Raja calls for major overhaul of Pakistan cricket after Australia tour debacle [2010]

cricfan967

ODI Debutant
Runs
Islamabad, Feb.2 (ANI): In view of Pakistan's horrendous tour Down Under, former captain Rameez Raja has called for an overhaul of the national cricket team.

"The way I see it, you need to carry out a comprehensive surgery to set things right because the team performed very poorly in Australia. It is time to think long-term and on modern lines in Pakistan cricket. Because in Australia we never looked like winning at any stage," Raja said.

Raja also criticized the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for its unprofessional way of handling issues.

He blasted PCB chief Ijaz Butt, in particular, for issuing 'unnecessary' statements.

"Obviously, that would have affected the performances of the captain and his team. They could have avoided it until after the tour," The Dawn quoted Raja, as saying.

It may be noted that Butt had said that a younger captain would replace Mohammad Yousuf after the Australia series.

Butt also spoke about the need of making changes in the team and inducting fresh blood. (ANI)

Rameez Raja loos very hurt about what has happend in recents times. He said in ''Super Eye'' that ''Yeh hona chahiye ke Pakistan no. 1 team baney'' which is not be happend with that kind of rubbish board and the management.

farhan1 said:
Rameez Raja loos very hurt about what has happend in recents times. He said in ''Super Eye'' that ''Yeh hona chahiye ke Pakistan no. 1 team baney'' which is not be happend with that kind of rubbish board and the management.

The whole PCB is rubbish.
Nothing will change unless :ibutt saab goes.

Rameez hair must have come in his way as he must have missed that we were very close to winning the Sydney match.

Is this the same Ramiz who shouldn't have played for Pakistan first place?

Most of current players have better stats than him.

Silly Ramiz.

Fix the domestic cricket first. The rest will be fine in due time. Or this type of under performance will become the norm with such talented bunch.

I do agree about the 'unnecessary statements' part though...what the hell was the PCB trying to achieve by undermining Yousuf like that in the middle of a series? truly shambolic behavior from Jahaz Butt

Uncle Sam said:
Another Jahil blabbering without any idea how to fix it.

No .. Rameez actually does have a brain .. which is the reason why he is kept out of the PCB.

Uncle Sam said:
Another Jahil blabbering without any idea how to fix it.

Chal agar woh jahil hai tou tu tou kuch aqalmandi ka muzahira dikha yaar?

Come with ideas yourself, don't just critisize others :D

maybe rameez should do what rashid has done and actually do something rather than talking!!

kashif77 said:
No .. Rameez actually does have a brain .. which is the reason why he is kept out of the PCB.
bet he does he is full of **** i absolutely hate his commentary aswell its as if he has got a dictionary in front of him.

Every former Cricketer (with the exception of Rashid Latif) seems to have lots of ideas on how to save Pak Cricket but no one is willing to get up from their lazy ***** and do something meaningful.

He actually did a good job as CEO under Tauqir Zia (or whatever his role was). He was one of the main guys that lead the pipeline for renewed IndoPak relations in cricket. People don't give him as much credit as he deserves.

Who cares he wasn't a good batsmen. That has no bearing on his job as an adminstraitor. Just look at Javed, complete opposite of Rameez.

Surgery to the team is needed but not wholesale

3-4 players are getting free rides and this needs to change

Apart from that we obviously need a change of captaincy, coach, pcb chairman and selectors

In longer term our domestic system needs overhauling

Amir said:
He actually did a good job as CEO under Tauqir Zia (or whatever his role was). He was one of the main guys that lead the pipeline for renewed IndoPak relations in cricket. People don't give him as much credit as he deserves.

Who cares he wasn't a good batsmen. That has no bearing on his job as an adminstraitor. Just look at Javed, complete opposite of Rameez.

indeed, RR would be an asset if he was working for the PCB.

the Great Khan said:
maybe rameez should do what rashid has done and actually do something rather than talking!!

Have you ever realized that Rashid Latif has full backing of MQM, who is the main political force of Karachi, (Rashid is active member of MQM).

You cannot organize any of these events without the backing of major political force and major financial help, which has been provided by the MQM.

On the other hand, Rameez Raja is just another analyst and giving a suggestion, if you do not agree, just ignore him rather expecting every cricket analyst to organize a cricket event.

How about we ban cricket in pakistan and take up guli danda as new national sport :)

Amjid Javed said:
How about we ban cricket in pakistan and take up guli danda as new national sport :)

Cricket Pakistan No.1 sport in Pakistan so cannot waste though! you can apply Gulli Danda but Cricket is populor game Gulli Dana cant reach there.

agree with you Ramiz played huge part in staging that indo pak series, we need people like ramiz to sort out the mess Pakistan cricket finds it self in.

Ramiz Raja would have been another Shoaib Malik if the level of cricket and amount of cricket would have been same back then.

khalil1986 said:
bet he does he is full of **** i absolutely hate his commentary aswell its as if he has got a dictionary in front of him.

:))) Exactly! It's as if he's found every word Englishmen use in day to day life and searched their synonyms just to sound suave and foreign :ibutt

how many debacles have we had?

One already covered - it won’t be 3-0 for sure next time in Australia. At this rate won’t be the case in SAF as well next time (already they have lost a full Test’s gate & broadcasting money!!!!!)

One already covered - it won’t be 3-0 for sure next time in Australia. At this rate won’t be the case in SAF as well next time (already they have lost a full Test’s gate & broadcasting money!!!!!)

i want a bangladesh vs pakistan series

cant wait for bangladesh vs new zealand odis in new zealand

i want a bangladesh vs pakistan series

cant wait for bangladesh vs new zealand odis in new zealand

They’ll beat us 3-0 both in Test & ODI , most likely. NZ lost lady 7 ODI in BD because of failing to master spinners nets on larger grounds, but on their ground, it’s really tough to manage their batsmen. But, one positive indeed - BCB requested for a 3 T st series & Kiwis accepted. ODIs will be close though.

Chances are very little of PAK - BD bilateral. I know Papon (Nazmul Hasan) very well personally, being politically correct as ACC Chairman, he is being politically correct; but that series of 2017 cost BCB around $12mn (inflated figure, always the fish that escapes is the largest one), it’ll cost PCB someday, somewhere for sure.

They’ll beat us 3-0 both in Test & ODI , most likely. NZ lost lady 7 ODI in BD because of failing to master spinners nets on larger grounds, but on their ground, it’s really tough to manage their batsmen. But, one positive indeed - BCB requested for a 3 T st series & Kiwis accepted. ODIs will be close though.

Chances are very little of PAK - BD bilateral. I know Papon (Nazmul Hasan) very well personally, being politically correct as ACC Chairman, he is being politically correct; but that series of 2017 cost BCB around $12mn (inflated figure, always the fish that escapes is the largest one), it’ll cost PCB someday, somewhere for sure.

yeah i expect bangladesh to put up a better performance than pakistan last year

so pak has sri lanka and australia series' after the world cup?

i don't think we have any interesting series' in the next 4 years

Does he have any plans other then a "overhaul" of the system?. We have tried this so many times only to repeatedly fall on our face. I would be eager to hear his genius views on how our batting can be improved?

Does he have any plans other then a "overhaul" of the system?. We have tried this so many times only to repeatedly fall on our face. I would be eager to hear his genius views on how our batting can be improved?

post is from 2010

This is rpood we can come back. In 2010 we looked doomed but we came back, reaching number 1 in 2016. We have some talent, just need to use and groom it properly.

Back