Rangana Herath - The Destroyer

MIG

PakPassion Administrator
Runs
The way this man single handedly dismantled Pakistani batting is beyond me.

Was it the action, the gait, the "look" - or was it the old/new ball? How did he do it?

From Galle to Colombo - trail of Pakistani wickets is strewn accross the land - He is hitherto names as Herath The Destroyer - may the Lord have mercy on the (cricketing) souls of our batsmen (all 11 of them) :31:

I havent seen the guy bowl but there must be something about this guy. I believe he has a very very good arm ball and can spin the ball the other way as well. But then again our batters havent played Giles, Panesar, Paul Harris all that well either.

I am sure its the way he looks at our batsmen - the once over - as they come into bat - surely the ICC will pick up on this from TV footage ( in ultra slow mo )

MIG said:

Was it the action, the gait, the "look" - or was it the old/new ball? How did he do it?

From Galle to Colombo - trail of Pakistani wickets is strewn accross the land - He is hitherto names as Herath The Destroyer - may the Lord have mercy on the (cricketing) souls of our batsmen (all 11 of them) :31:
The thing going for him was LEFT ARM SPIN. God gave him a gift of being left handed and he is using it as a weapon against our poor batsmen!! Remember how Paul Harris ran circles around us a little while ago?? Where is he now?!

A 3rd class spinner got us out just coz he is a left armer. That's all there is to it. Our batters can make veyr ordinary bowlers look good

Any left arm spinner becomes a destroyer against us.

waqar_ahmad said:
A 3rd class spinner got us out just coz he is a left armer.

He is bowling to some 3rd rate batsmen so I guess it's an even contest.

Hes' a Tub of Lard , If he gets selected in the ODI series then he better say his prayers because the beast :afridi gonna remind him his OOKAAT.

Was it the size of his name = Herath Mudiyanselage Rangana Keerthi Bandara Herath ?

Or was his silhouette which bothered MoYo and Misbah to give their wicket away?

c365_silhouette.gif

MIG said:

No, it wasn't.
It was just that he is a spinner who bowls with his left hand.

MIG said:
Was it the size of his name = Herath Mudiyanselage Rangana Keerthi Bandara Herath ?

c365_silhouette.gif

That ain't a name , thats a sentence ;/

I think they get out to him out of pity. That's the emotion I felt overflowing out of my bosom when I saw him first. But I got over it pretty quickly. I don't think our batsmen have managed to do that yet.

we have a history of getting out to left armers, plus it looks like something is going around the team, that all of a sudden malik and misbah stop performing all of a sudden.

i dont know abt u guys but i m suspicious abt malik, he creating probs between the team members, k suppose if we would have won the test series then what story it will be for younis khan. winning the world t20 cup and then the test series right away.................

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Seriously, how can the whole team have problems with slow left arm spinners? If they know they suck against the left arm spinners then go in the nets and get a lefty to bowl spin at you the whole net session.

It's just a lack of commitment that seems to be dragging this team down in the test format. They did everything right and fought back commendably to end up wasting it in a hurry.

Someone needs to light a fire under their tails cause right now they all seem to be coasting. Misbah has completely lost his ability to play good knocks and needs to be dropped.

my mind is still boggling that HTF Herath and Kalusekra got the new ball to bounce, swing, skid, turn in the first 10 overs 9of the new ball), and why our bowlers couldn't repat waht the SL bowlers did o our batsmen

Mediocre spinner. Will get found out by other quality teams. IIRC Herath also performed well against us in 2004 I think, took 3-4 wickets and ran through our line-up just like today and Galle. He got found out quite soon after that and we never heard of him again, until this series

I think Herath should always be re-called when Sri Lanka plays Pakistan. Even if he is 50 or 60 years old, he'll have the ability to run through us

What's funny is we can play Mendis with such ease and he's supposed to be the main guy.

Also, I thought I had stumbled into a Spiderman forum after reading the title of this thread. Sounds like some villain from a Spiderman movie.

Herath does deserve credit though, he has some subtle variations that are much harder to pick then Mendis' obvious variations.

MIG said:

c365_silhouette.gif

This is not the first Bandara we have seen, the last one's career was destroyed :afridi

We have to do loads of research and analysis on this guy. Its clear that he has a straight, arm ball that is not easy to pick. Just look at the no of lbw's, bowled's he has achieved against our batsmen. This guy has got to be special.

Savak said:
We have to do loads of research and analysis on this guy. Its clear that he has a straight, arm ball that is not easy to pick. Just look at the no of lbw's, bowled's he has achieved against our batsmen. This guy has got to be special.

No, no don't do any research! Sri Lankans are all third rate players. They just got lucky that is all. I mean its just 3 batting collapses they've engineered so far. Just three. Wait until at least five Pakistani batting collapses take place. Then maybe, just maybe, you can give them some respect.

Oh no - naheeeeeennn!!!! bhago - Herath the Destroyer is here again :(

that spell to Yousuf was some fantastic bowling

I am absolutely astounded how the likes of Mohd Yousuf have the ability to dispatch warne and murali, but cannot play this guy!!!

Yousuf looked like a child against this guy today

I think Yousuf need to practice in the nets against the bowlling of Fawad Alam (left arm spin) to overcome his weakness against Herath...

Shakil_pkcricket said:
I think Yousuf need to practice in the nets against the bowlling of Fawad Alam (left arm spin) to overcome his weakness against Herath...

Which brings us nicely to my next point - why is that we are not using Alams bowling ? He was supposed to be an all rounder?

MIG said:
Which brings us nicely to my next point - why is that we are not using Alams bowling ? He was supposed to be an all rounder?
In the 2nd Test Herath was spinnings the ball miles...while we had the services of Alam as a Left Arm Spinner we should have used him in the 2nd test......food for thought

Shakil_pkcricket said:

Herath has made moyo his bunny! :pissed:

In a way, I do feel sorry for him - once this tour is over and he plays any semi decent middle order line up, he will be reduced to not much...

Herath the destroyer is back destroying Pakistan to pieces :afridi

Selected especially for this game. Probably in the squad just in the event of a Pak/SL tie. :facepalm:

Low bounce made his angle quite lethal for Pak batsmen.

Herath, one of the three Lankans that only play well ONLY against us.

Easy to guess the other two

Master stroke by Lankans to play him instead of Dananjaya..he turned the match with his double strike..Pakistan was well on course till then..

:))) :))) :))) You can only laugh really.

Still remember how he dismantled us in the game where Fawad scored 168. Dunno what he does to us in particular...

Ajmal is in great form in tests of course, in his last 6 tests he's got 39 wickets @ 20.56.

However Herath in his last 6 tests has 45 wickets @ 19.42

Ajmal is in great form in tests of course, in his last 6 tests he's got 39 wickets @ 20.56.

However Herath in his last 6 tests has 45 wickets @ 19.42

Herath the destroyer is real :warne

Five 6-wicket hauls in a year

Rangana Herath already has 5 6 wicket hauls this year , has this ever been done before?

Wow..we forgot this guy... looks like after Swann best spinner playing currently

Very underrated bowler. Has some enviable achievements in his career. Winning a test in South Africa for the first time. Even in this test, got the 2 centurions out.

By default? What does that mean?

There is hardly any good bowler in SRL team now so he gets these wickets by default plus most of them are cheap wickets..noting exceptional.

Over rated...infact all Srilanka is over rated.

There is hardly any good bowler in SRL team now so he gets these wickets by default plus most of them are cheap wickets..noting exceptional.

Over rated...infact all Srilanka is over rated.

moresense.jpg

:yk

Herath, SL's new one-man wrecking ball

Herath is a great spinner.

Good, smooth action and no gimmicky deliveries.

Him at one end and Swann at the other would result in a beautiful combination.

Herath continues his excellent year. :14:

This is his seventh 5-fer this year-- more than any other international bowler.

Really impressed with this guy, has really nice control, flight and gets drift. Deserved his haul and will bother us all series.

Bowling average coming down every game, could soon be superior to that of both Ajmal and Swann :murali

nobody takes Mamoon seriously after his lame and :facepalm: worthy comments on Ajmal, Amla and the Doosra

Bowling average coming down every game, could soon be superior to that of both Ajmal and Swann :murali

He has been brilliant this year and he is just lovely to watch, no bending of arm, no doosras mysteries deliveries. Jut good ol' off spinners.

A mirror view of Swann, these two bowling together would be a treat to watch. The advantage they have over Ajmal is the ability to flight the ball superbly, Ajmal can't flight the ball even if his life depends on it.

I'm not convinced Mamoon is really a Pakistani.

:facepalm:

Is it illegal for a Pakistani to think Swann and Herath are better than Ajmal? Is it necessary for me to brown nose every Pakistani cricketer? Is it necessary for me to have a biased opinion like everyone else here?

If Ajmal would have been an Indian, Every single PPer now would have said Swann is better than Ajmal and we all know that.

If not a mimic you are being a bit naughty some of the time though IMO, at the very least.

Back