Rank the Asian cricket teams based on their current form

Unbiased-Fan

Local Club Star
Runs
We all know India is the best team in Asia.

Looking at the current form, Both Afghanistan and Bangladesh manage to reach semifinals of recent t20 world cup.

Srinlaka manage of to beat India in recently concluded ODI series.

Pakistan somehow manage to lose to Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Ireland and even USA in multiple formats.

Lets rank these asian teams based on current form (all formats included)

1. India
2. Afghanistan
3. Bangladesh
4. Srilanka
5. Pakistan

Discuss

Stop these threads. Pak did lose but we need to wait for couple of more years to say pak is worse than desh/ afg and lanka in 3 formats combined

In tests

India
Pak/SL/BD(all of them white washed one of the three so it's tough right now to differentiate)
Afghanistan

In limited overs(t20+odi)
India
Pakistan/Afghanistan
Sri Lanka/Bangladesh
Nepal

Tests :-

Bharat
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
Pakistan

T20s:-

Bharat
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh

ODIs :-

Bharat
Afghanistan
Sri Lanka
Pakistan
Bangladesh

Bangladesh is still a minnow even in Asia.

Tests :-

Bharat
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
Pakistan

T20s:-

Bharat
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh

ODIs :-

Bharat
Afghanistan
Sri Lanka
Pakistan
Bangladesh

Bangladesh is still a minnow even in Asia.

BD beat SL 2-1 in ODI (twice in a row) and also knocked SL out of 2025 CT.

In ODI, BD are ahead of SL.

How I would rank teams in Tests:

1) India
2) Pakistan
3) SRL
4) Bangladesh
5) Afghanistan

ODIs:

1) India
2) Pakistan
3) Bangladesh
4) Afghanistan
5) SRL

3-4-5 are almost interchable and not much between them

T20Is:

1) India
2) Afghanistan
3) Pakistan
4) Bangladesh
5) SRL

4-5 are interchangable

Tests:
1) India
2) Sri Lanka
3) Bangladesh
4) Pakistan
5) Afghanistan

ODIs:
1) India
2) Bangladesh
3) Sri Lanka
4) Afghanistan
5) Pakistan
6) Nepal
7) UAE

T20Is:
1) India
2) Afghanistan
3) Sri Lanka
4) Bangladesh
5) Pakistan
6) Nepal
7) UAE

BD beat SL 2-1 in ODI (twice in a row) and also knocked SL out of 2025 CT.

In ODI, BD are ahead of SL.

Sri Lanka went toe to toe with Bharat (GOAT) recently which Bangladesh cannot even imagine in dreams, it’s not your level yet you are only good at beating up minority Hindus and vandalising temples. At that you are #1 in subcontinent.

Come on Dealdy bro.
You’re still better than Hong Kong and Oman bro.
They are able to use ex pat system and shoe horn immigrants into the side.

We are stuck with what we have in Pakistan. We even foolishly sent Afghan refugees back or maybe we could have pinched some players from them.

They are able to use ex pat system and shoe horn immigrants into the side.

We are stuck with what we have in Pakistan. We even foolishly sent Afghan refugees back or maybe we could have pinched some players from them.

That would not have worked.
An Afghan would slit his throat himself than play for Pakistan. Every Afghan I ever met hates Pakistan more than his own mother in law.

That would not have worked.
An Afghan would slit his throat himself than play for Pakistan. Every Afghan I ever met hates Pakistan more than his own mother in law.
Oh ok good riddance to them then glad they were deported.

Oh ok good riddance to them then glad they were deported.

Bro they never came in as tourist. Pakistan’s role in ruining Afghanistan as a nation is well documented. This is why they hate you and the reason why their fans are always angry and ready to pick fights during Afpaks.

But from cricketing point of view, Pakistan’s contribution to Afghanistan’s growth is undeniable and for that, they must always be thankful to you.

not sure about other teams but Pakistan is for sure will fit right at the bottom in every list.

India ( In all formats)

Daylight

Test cricket -

Sri Lanka
Pakistan
Bangladesh
Afghanistan

ODI

Pakistan
Bangladesh
Sri Lanka
Afghanistan

T20

Afghanistan
Pakistan
Srilanka
Bangladesh

Tests
India
Srilanka
Bangladesh
Pakistan
Afghanistan

Odis
India
Srilanka-Pakistan-Bangladesh all in the same bucket
Afghanistan

T20
India
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Srilanka
Bangladesh

Don’t know why Afghans are not being acknowledged ODIs. They were the 2nd best #Asianbloc team in CWC2023 and almost made the semifinal if not for Maxwell’s unbelievable effort.

Don’t know why Afghans are not being acknowledged ODIs. They were the 2nd best #Asianbloc team in CWC2023 and almost made the semifinal if not for Maxwell’s unbelievable effort.
Also in t20 they are very good.

SL are ranked 6th, BD 8th. They are ahead.

BD is ranked 8th and Afg 9th in T20, by your logic BD is ahead of Afg in T20 which we are not.

Regardless of ranking BD SL currently are quite equal in ODI. If you play 100 matches between them BD will win 54 of them. Slightly ahead from SL

BD is ranked 8th and Afg 9th in T20, by your logic BD is ahead of Afg in T20 which we are not.

Regardless of ranking BD SL currently are quite equal in ODI. If you play 100 matches between them BD will win 54 of them. Slightly ahead from SL
This is not about bilateral only though.

Bangladesh vs Afghanistan in t20 is debatable. They've consistently had close encounters .

If you're looking at Australia then honestly idk, For some reason SA brings out the best in nedtherlands and Australia brings out the best in Afghanistan.

SL are ranked 6th, BD 8th. They are ahead.

BD have beaten SL 2-1 (twice in a row). Also, they beat SL in 2023 WC; knocking them out of CT 2025.

BTW, ranking also shows SL are better than England in ODI (SL are 6th and England are 7th). Does that mean they are better than England? LOL.

BD have beaten SL 2-1 (twice in a row). Also, they beat SL in 2023 WC; knocking them out of CT 2025.

BTW, ranking also shows SL are better than England in ODI (SL are 6th and England are 7th). Does that mean they are better than England? LOL.
Yes it does. England are a terrible ODI side currently and in transition. In fact, they lost to SL in the World Cup.

My lists would be (after the completion of BD-PAK series):

Test

India
SL
BD
Pakistan
AFG

ODI

India
Pakistan
BD
AFG
SL

T20

India
AFG
SL
Pakistan
BD.

I will do the ranking based on the ICC ranking of the teams. The ICC ranking of the teams reflects the standing of the team on a particular day based on the performances of the team in a stipulated past period from today.

Test:
India
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
Pakistan
Afghanistan

ODIs:
Sri Lanka
India
Afghanistan
Pakistan

T20Is:
Afghanistan
India
Sri Lanka
Pakistan
Bangladesh

Lol at all these rankings..

Thing is.. nothing is certain apart from the fact that India are miles ahead of the rest. Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh are all at pretty much the same level in Tests and in LOI, Afghans too are the same level as the other three.

No point of these rankings as they'll change from series to series based on teams' form.

Only top 5 in the world matters.

India is the only Asian nation in the top 5.

Quality list. India 2nd in Asia despite being World T20 champions.
The main point is that “talent” is undeniable, results are for the faint of the heart. World Champions is just a factor of good times, it’s the talent that matters in the long run.

I only watch Bangladesh cricket so Bangladesh is number 1 for me and I follow Australia & England's matches sometimes.

Test:
India
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh/Pakistan (depending on where the match is being played)
Afghanistan

ODIs:
India
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Afghanistan
Bangladesh

T20Is:
India
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh

Test:
India
Sri Lanka
Afghanistan

ODIs:
India
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Afghanistan
Bangladesh

T20Is:
India
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh

How is Sri Lanka better than BD in ODI?

SL failed to qualify for 2025 CT while BD qualified for it (BD actually eliminated SL from CT 2025).

Also, BD won the last 2 bilateral ODI series between BD and SL (2-1 each time).

I also believe Afghanistan are better than SL in ODI.

I agree with your rest of the rankings.

Test:
India
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
Pakistan
Afghanistan

ODIs:
Sri Lanka
India
Afghanistan
Pakistan

T20Is:
Afghanistan
India
Sri Lanka
Pakistan
Bangladesh
So india is 2nd best in asia but world champion in T20 cricket .

India lost to Sri Lanka a odi series after more than 25 year yet Sri Lanka is better than India . You're genius sir like PCB adminstration .

So india is 2nd best in asia but world champion in T20 cricket .
It does not matter if you are a world champion. Pakistan was the champion in 2009 but they were not the top side after that. Times change.

But yeah I think India is the best side in ASIA—no doubts, in all-formats.

I know getting whitewashed by BD at home is bad and also losing to Ire, Zim, USA etc.. Having said that recency bias is making many posters rate Pakistan rate too low.

Take a look at W/L of the last 3 years. Leave India out because it's meaningless to list them. Focus on rest of the teams from Asia. I have highlighted in red.

Yes,. some will argue that Pakistan plays full strength team when others experiment and this W/L is inflated. May be, but it's not that much inflated when compared to SL, BD and Afg. Those teams also play best team most of the times.

Pakistan has best W/L among 4 Asian sides in shorter formats and in test just below SL and very close to BD despite losing 0-2 at home.

Yes, Pakistan is not doing great recently but they are still top 3 side over all in Asia. Yah, if they keep playing poor cricket for another 2-3 years then ranking may change. Till then , I feel posters are over reacting.

testA.jpgOdiA.jpgT20A.jpg

@Buffet Pakistan team were performed good untill india humiliated them in Asia cup 2023 .

So i want to see stats afterwards

Based on the current form and performances of KINGS, EAGLES, and PIGS, Pakistan could provide strong competition to Nepal right now.

I know getting whitewashed by BD at home is bad and also losing to Ire, Zim, USA etc.. Having said that recency bias is making many posters rate Pakistan rate too low.

Take a look at W/L of the last 3 years. Leave India out because it's meaningless to list them. Focus on rest of the teams from Asia. I have highlighted in red.

Yes,. some will argue that Pakistan plays full strength team when others experiment and this W/L is inflated. May be, but it's not that much inflated when compared to SL, BD and Afg. Those teams also play best team most of the times.

Pakistan has best W/L among 4 Asian sides in shorter formats and in test just below SL and very close to BD despite losing 0-2 at home.

Yes, Pakistan is not doing great recently but they are still top 3 side over all in Asia. Yah, if they keep playing poor cricket for another 2-3 years then ranking may change. Till then , I feel posters are over reacting.

View attachment 146072View attachment 146073View attachment 146074

LOL. These stats include many meaningless bilateral games where teams didn't even field full sides. It doesn't give us a full picture.

@Buffet Pakistan team were performed good untill india humiliated them in Asia cup 2023 .

So i want to see stats afterwards
That's too low a sample size to judge a team. Yes, they have been doing bad after that but less than 3 years are not enogh.

Lol at all these rankings..

Thing is.. nothing is certain apart from the fact that India are miles ahead of the rest. Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh are all at pretty much the same level in Tests and in LOI, Afghans too are the same level as the other three.

No point of these rankings as they'll change from series to series based on teams' form.

I agree with this assessment.

India are obviously #1 in Asia currently.

After that, BD, SL, Pakistan, and Afghanistan. They all can beat each other and even whitewash each other.

Test:
India
Sri Lanka
Afghanistan

ODIs:
India
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Afghanistan
Bangladesh

T20Is:
India
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
u can even place Afghanistan ahead of Pakistan team in Test cricket

LOL. These stats include many meaningless bilateral games where teams didn't even field full sides. It doesn't give us a full picture.
BD plays full strength team most of the time, unless first choice players are available due to injury or other personal committment. Same with Pak and SL. Only india willingly experiments and chooses second or third choice players. SL is a step above bangladesh even in ODIS, but that doesn't mean BD won't win against them. India is clearly a better team than BD, but still BD can defeat india once in a while. SL recently defeated full strength Indian Team in a series and that is something that rarely happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
With India refusing to play them, Pakistan had a chance to pretend being Asia's best team and claim India are afraid to face them but now they are losing playing BDs at home LMAO

Only number 1 matters, who cares who is 2nd 3rd best.

No one remembers buzz Aldrin

Only number 1 matters, who cares who is 2nd 3rd best.

No one remembers buzz Aldrin
What? Yes they do? He's the last surviving apollo member and is still alive? Wdym?

Being no 2 in cricket is different from being the 2nd to WALK ON THE MOON.

What? Yes they do? He's the last surviving apollo member and is still alive? Wdym?

Being no 2 in cricket is different from being the 2nd to WALK ON THE MOON.
that was just a proverb, i am not comparing the two, while Neil Armstrong was alive most of the people only knew him, History don't remember who was 2nd. Said it in this kind of a way

that was just a proverb, i am not comparing the two, while Neil Armstrong was alive most of the people only knew him, History don't remember who was 2nd. Said it in this kind of a way
Regardless yes and no, History does remember who was 2nd, however they are never as famous as the 1st unless the 2nd manages to do something that eclipses the first.

This is the current ranking. No Asian team in top 5 besides India and Pakistan (ODI). Pakistan is ranked 7 in the T20. 8th in Tests. Afghanistan/SL/BD are also lagging across the formats despite a few historic wins. Consistency has to be achieved to be to celebrate the improvement.

Screenshot-2024-09-10-081338.jpg

India break the record for the most Test sixes in a calendar year, they are just flying atm!

PVDwbj5.jpeg
Wow just 8 Tests for 96 sixes. Amazing attacking batting from the Indian team. Having Jaiswal and Rohit has helped a lot at the top of the order, both of them hit a lot of them. Getting to that figure in just 8 Tests at least stops people from saying that they have gotten this record because they play more.

1. India
2. Afghanistan
3. Bangladesh
4. Srilanka
5. Nepal
6. Myanmar
7. Thailand
8. Hong Kong
9. Cambodia
10. Indonesia
11. Malaysia
12. UAE
13. Oman
14. Saudi Arabia
15. Qatar
16. Singapore
17. China
18. Bahrain
19. Brunei
20. Japan
21. Jordan
22. South Korea
23. North Korea
24. Phillipines
25. Vietnam
26. Taiwan
27. Syria
28. Kuwait
29.Iran
30. Iraq
31. Pakistan

I am being generous here...

1. India
2. Afghanistan
3. Bangladesh
4. Srilanka
5. Nepal
6. Myanmar
7. Thailand
8. Hong Kong
9. Cambodia
10. Indonesia
11. Malaysia
12. UAE
13. Oman
14. Saudi Arabia
15. Qatar
16. Singapore
17. China
18. Bahrain
19. Brunei
20. Japan
21. Jordan
22. South Korea
23. North Korea
24. Phillipines
25. Vietnam
26. Taiwan
27. Syria
28. Kuwait
29.Iran
30. Iraq
31. Pakistan

Bro, don't be too harsh on this team. We are definitely better than most of these countries. The 4-5th spot is the best this team can be placed at.

Bro, don't be too harsh on this team. We are definitely better than most of these countries. The 4-5th spot is the best this team can be placed at.
No 5 is Nepal?

So what's the point of placing pakistan at 5? No 1 to no 4 proves that pakistan is the weakest team in asia?

The other teams listed on this list aren't even teams? They have no infrastructure to begin with and icc pays them with toothpicks? Even so we still felt the need to curate a no spin pitch with Babar and ramiz analysing and curating the pitch the day before the game against Nepal just to make sure theirs no grass and no possibility of turn?

Mainly because Lamichane turned both babar and chacha into a joke in a past psl?

We aren't even confident in beating Nepal without curation?

Halat to dekho.

No 5 is Nepal?

So what's the point of placing pakistan at 5? No 1 to no 4 proves that pakistan is the weakest team in asia?

The other teams listed on this list aren't even teams? They have no infrastructure to begin with and icc pays them with toothpicks? Even so we still felt the need to curate a no spin pitch with Babar and ramiz analysing and curating the pitch the day before the game against Nepal just to make sure theirs no grass and no possibility of turn?

Mainly because Lamichane turned both babar and chacha into a joke in a past psl?

We aren't even confident in beating Nepal without curation?

Halat to dekho.
It is not about Nepal.

My top 5 asin teams are

Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. Nepal is nowhere.

It is not about Nepal.

My top 5 asin teams are

Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. Nepal is nowhere.
The objective rankings are

In odi

1) India
2) Afghanistan
3) Pakistan
4) Sri Lanka
5) Bangladesh

In test

1) India
2) Bangladesh
3) Afghanistan
4) Sri Lanka
5) Pakistan

In t20 it's too hard to tell. Too unpredictable of a format but India is still no 1 regardless.

Acceptance is the first step in fixing a problem, let's first accept that this Pakistan team is one of the worst in recent times..

Absolutely pathetic..

Without a proper spinner any team will look ridiuclously poor in Asian conditions. Without skillful seamers they will look poor in SENA. Right now they have a seamer or two. No Spin options. So they will look poor in most conditions. They cannot design a condition that exclusively suit them.

1. India
2. Afghanistan
3. Bangladesh
4. Srilanka
5. Nepal
6. Myanmar
7. Thailand
8. Hong Kong
9. Cambodia
10. Indonesia
11. Malaysia
12. UAE
13. Oman
14. Saudi Arabia
15. Qatar
16. Singapore
17. China
18. Bahrain
19. Brunei
20. Japan
21. Jordan
22. South Korea
23. North Korea
24. Phillipines
25. Vietnam
26. Taiwan
27. Syria
28. Kuwait
29.Iran
30. Iraq
31. Pakistan

U can atleast place them ahead of Iraq for sure. lol

The objective rankings are

In odi

1) India
2) Afghanistan
3) Pakistan
4) Sri Lanka
5) Bangladesh

In test

1) India
2) Bangladesh
3) Afghanistan
4) Sri Lanka
5) Pakistan

In t20 it's too hard to tell. Too unpredictable of a format but India is still no 1 regardless.
Sri Lanka is definitely number two in tests, Bangladesh are not match for them.

Afghanistan
Sri lanka
Pakistan
Bangladesh
Nepal
Maldives
China
Soon to be Irani refugees
Hong kong Sixes teams
Kid from chain kuli ke main kuli

India

In tests: