South Africa v Bangladesh | T20 | Johannesburg | 05/11/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

12thMan

Senior Test Player
Runs
Match starts in 15 min

We have had some rain in the surrounding areas of Johannesburg today. Let's hope we won't have weather delays tonight. News from the middle is that Bangladesh have won the toss and elected to take to the field first.

South Africa: LL Bosman, HH Gibbs, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, JL Ontong, JA Morkel, J Botha, RK Kleinveldt, M Morkel, J Louw, DW Steyn

Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Junaid Siddique, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mohammad Ashraful, Shakib Al Hasan, Mehrab Hossain, Naeem Islam, Raqibul Hasan, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel, Shahadat Hossain

Last edited:
Weak team for SA though i still expect them to decimate Bangladesh

Have you solved ur coverage problem Saffer?

Last edited:
lol keeper up to the stumps in the very first ball!

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
Weak team for SA though i still expect them to decimate Bangladesh
When will Pakistan start picking team like this. There are probably 6-7 new players here. Compare that to the team Paksitan will play against Bangladesh even after they have won the series or the one they sent to Canada

Keeper drops the catch off the last ball of the over

3-0

12thMan said:
When will Pakistan start picking team like this. There are probably 6-7 new players here. Compare that to the team Paksitan will play against Bangladesh even after they have won the series or the one they sent to Canada

True , i agree with you but there are only 3 new players playing today really (JL Ontong, RK Kleinveldt, andJ Louw). It shows the South African thinking (which can be commended further by the fact that they've got 2 tough series' against the Aussies and i doubt these guy will play against them)

hmmm the justin tv link seems to have flopped...anyn other links to offer folks ?

gibbs motoring here. Hope he can find some form..he's only 34...S.A could really use him back in the test side...one too many slow batsmen for my liking.

This team really has 3 experienced players - Gibbs, ABCDE, Steyn

The rest just have experience of very few matches. Like Morkel has 10 tests and 25 ODIs, the most experienced probably of the rest. Some of the others with experience are 30 ODIs and less. This is a young team

S.A are using the opportunity to blood fringe players and reward those who stayed and play domesticv cricket. A nice pay day for them and a little incentive and thanks for not being kevin pietersons.

Like 12thMan said a completely empty stadium, no interest for the Bangladeshi's it seems (and this is for T20, imagine how its gonna be for the ODI and tests!)

A close stumping call goes to third umpire............................NOT OUT

Commentators think its a little dogdy

66-2 after 7

thunder and lightning stops the match. Covers not coming on
SA 71-2 after 7.3 overs

Sky just showed some highlights of Imran Tahir bowling. He won't be eligible to play for SA in series' against Australia

Imran Tahir will become eligible for South African citizenship on 1st April, so he'll be able to take on the Aussies in the 5 match ODI series when they tour SA

Btw guys, there's quite a good match in the ICL today. Delhi are chasing a mammoth 201 to win the match (they need to win in 14 odd overs to have any chance of going through though).

They are motoring along atm 100-0 in 9 overs! :O

Last edited:
Your most welcome 12thMan :)

What an innings from this guy! 116-0

Well Delhi wont go through, but it'll still be one heck of a chase!

Sky are now showing that 400 ODI match between Aus and SA

this one is much better to watch.
Delhi 139-1 need 62 from 40 balls

true

53 need off last 6 overs now, surely they cant lose now can they?

Its not over yet, 167-2 now!

Delhi need 34 off 20 balls now!

bdchamp20 said:
When's the Dhaka vs. Lahore match?

The Badshahs are scheduled to whip the Warriors sorry backsides on Friday.

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
Friday i think. A Delhi win will be very good for both teams!
Hopefully will be a great match (for us). I wanted both DW and LB in the semis but in the current situation it's going to be either us or you.

Last edited:
for last 2 overs I have switched to Z sports for the exciting and sometimes better (as it is different) Hindi commentary

Muhammad said:
The Badshahs are scheduled to whip the Warriors sorry backsides on Friday.
Good luck with that because you're really going to need it. You seriously expect a team that hasn't scored 150+ so far to beat the best batting side in the tournament? You're bowling is decent but I think our Top 4 would be enough to destroy you and kick your sorry a**es out of ICL.

Last edited:
How did RSA manage to get 72?

Loots Bosman 28
Herschelle Gibbs 18
Justin Lee Ontong 6
AB de Villiers (wk) 9

What are the extras then?

bdchamp20 said:
Good luck with that because you're really going to need it. You seriously expect a team that hasn't scored 150+ so far to beat the best batting side in the tournament? You're bowling is decent but I think our Top 4 would be enough to destroy you and kick your sorry a**es out of ICL.
:))) :))) :))) :)))

bdchamp20 said:

:))):))):))) Please, maybe they should replace the Bangladesh national team then yh?!

Players are back on, 95/4 after 11 overs (match reduced to 14 overs!)

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
:))):))):))) Please, maybe they should replace the Bangladesh national team then yh?!

Players are back on, 95/4 after 11 overs (match reduced to 14 overs!)
:))) he really unleashes some crackers sometimes, i know, it gets to me too :))) :)))

working great by the way !! Cheers !

PS : i'm looking to go on a holiday to bangladesh later this year.eraly next year. Anyone with any info and advice please pvt me.

115/7 two more balls left. Abdur Razzak got his forth plus a drop. Shakib got three plus a drop.

Did i hear right............is Botha the skipper tonight? Why him, why not AB?

Bangladesh will need 119 in their 14 overs (though runs may be added because of the rain i think)

He hasn;t played a game since 4 mionths ago. Doubt he'll be anything close to best,

122 is the target. Doable if the Tamim can keep his head and fend of Steyn.

Last edited:
Also AB saying the pitch is very slow. ...don't expect ab and morne to do that great here. But hey....should be interesting.

saffer said:
working great by the way !! Cheers !

PS : i'm looking to go on a holiday to bangladesh later this year.eraly next year. Anyone with any info and advice please pvt me.
I could help you out. By giving you info on places of interest etc.

Tigers bowled well after the break for rain. Will be a good game. They are showing highlights at the moment on TV in SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back