South Africa vs India | 1st Test | Day 2 | Johannesburg | 19/12/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

battler

ODI Debutant
Runs
Big day today and very critical session coming up,ideally India would like to add another 100-150 to their overnight total,which would give them a huge chance in the match.
1st session is absolutely critical!

1st hour would decide the fate of the match. If India can hang around till lunch, I can see runs galore.

Best day for batting says cricinfo. I hope India can keep the series alive in Durban. We can choke South Africa there

Rain has stopped, so play might start on time. India's favorite ground and with a Kohli ton, everything is going their way. Rahane played an excellent knock too.

Exciting cricket ahead as :msd will play his shots if he stays long

3rd Ball Keep very Low

It will be Hard to bat last on this Pitch

India have Fair Chance of Winning this Test

Hardly any crowd yet again lol I thought only minnows bring in empty stadiums? no worries. Even New Zealand - West Indies series is the same but the difference it that they have had more turnout than this current top 2 clash :))

I think its indian batting strategy to tire african bowler

First 30 mins done ... just scored 10

Even MSD who usually plays his shots is leaving virually everything that is outside off :O

9 Overs 9 Runs 1 Wicket

Zaheer,Ishant,Shami not capable Batsman (India may miss B.Kumar The Batsman)

Can India get all out Under-300

SA Strike,s Again

One end is Open

Now SA Have Huge Chance to get India all out Under-300

Indian Batsman,s has work so hard still 264/7 :(

The tuk tuk brings two wickets. Saffers into the tail, shouldn't take long now. Zaheer needs to bowl really well.

Haha.. time in France turned Zaheer's batting into a poorer version of French cricket :yk

Zaheer gone on Golden Duck

Ashwin not even Faced Ball yet

Shami and Ishant to Follow

All the hard work done on day one has been flushed down the drain by these blokes today.

Anyway, watching the match today feels more like it actually. A cluster of wickets falling looks more like the Indian team we are accustomed to watching on foreign soils ;-)

Ashwin's batting skills are being wasted here. He must come before Dhoni in Tests.

Zaheer and BK would have been lethal in these conditions.

I wouldn't worry too much about the mini-collapse. The fact is they will have something to bowl at (rather than say 100 we would get!). Shami will cause them problems.

Ashwin is a proper batter .... spin or pace he never looks troubled :O

Score touches 278 .... can Ishant hang around with Ash and IND touch 300!

Ashwin is being positive - something the Indian top order failed to do.

If they had shown a little more intent - the socre would have been closer to 350.

I get that they wanted to see of certain bowlers, but you can do that while taking singles too. Blocking/leaving every other ball despite having spent over an hour at the crease doesn't help. The conditions are not that bad.

Ishant gone

Shami to Follow

Ashwin May get Out in Next Morkel Over

Indian fans are very predictable. It took one century on a very flat wicket to turn them into supremely arrogant fans belittling the South African bowlers. Wicket does a little in the humidity and they crumble. Now eat some humble pie.

Philander really is a joy to watch when he gets it right.

As for india surely ashwin needs to bat ahead of dhoni when the matches are away from home?

Dhoni is a test match number 6 in asia but a test match number 8 outside asia, ashwin looked india's second best bat when they toured australia so bat him higher, wasted at 8.

Last edited:
Ok Teeli goes now. Sometimes I wonder, these blokes keep practicing day in and day out, and yet cannot hang around for a few overs?

meanwhile, Phil has claimed 99 wickets. May be Shami will be his 100th, if he survives Morkel prior to that.

Would have loved to see the Indian top order in these conditions.

Awesome... Ashwin, one of the top Indian batsmen in these conditions gets wasted :)

India all out on 280/10

SA Can score 450 in 2nd Inning with 7 Top Batsman,s

All out 280. Not a bad score if India can get a few quick wickets while the sun isn't out. When it does come out though should be plenty of runs available.

Advantage India the wicket will be difficult to bat on for another hr or two.

Ashwin is a good batsman, period. We can afford to play extra bowler instead of Vijay

Yeah guess the only positive about that collapse is they get some decent conditions to bowl in, they make the new ball count and 280 could be enough.

Hardly any crowd yet again lol I thought only minnows bring in empty stadiums? no worries. Even New Zealand - West Indies series is the same but the difference it that they have had more turnout than this current top 2 clash :))

Weekend will be packed. Tomorrow Afternoon probably. People who are left in JHB are only here because they have to work. The rest head down to the coast for the holidays.

This match is only being played in JHB because BCCI thought it was their best chance of a good result due to history. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a hand to play in this slow dry track either.

So tired of those bullies ruining world cricket. I put my hand up and say that there is a lot of bad feeling towards in Indian cricket in South Africa because of their boards behavior. In fact the talk is if they keep behaving this way that South Africa will boycot Indian cricket along with the other test playing nations who survive fine without their presence. Ok now that it's out my system...on with the cricket.

Ashwin is a good batsman, period. We can afford to play extra bowler instead of Vijay

He could maybe even bat 6 but he would certainly be a quality number 7, if i recall he got stranded by the tail here in australia 2 years ago on several occasions.

In a way it's good that India didn't hang around for a while longer. The wicket will only get better from here. Now though they can hope for a 40/3 type score...

India need to remove Smith and Amla early.

Kallis is shot, I'll be surprised if breaks into double digits.

AB will choke as usual.

You sound ignorant as ever :facepalm:

Pitch was more friendly to bowlers because of the rain over night.

No, you are just upset India didn't join the 40 club :hafeez

Like us and Australia :asif

Weekend will be packed. Tomorrow Afternoon probably. People who are left in JHB are only here because they have to work. The rest head down to the coast for the holidays.

This match is only being played in JHB because BCCI thought it was their best chance of a good result due to history. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a hand to play in this slow dry track either.

So tired of those bullies ruining world cricket. I put my hand up and say that there is a lot of bad feeling towards in Indian cricket in South Africa because of their boards behavior. In fact the talk is if they keep behaving this way that South Africa will boycot Indian cricket along with the other test playing nations who survive fine without their presence. Ok now that it's out my system...on with the cricket.

:))) Which match are you watching dude?

280 is below par, but India would have taken it at 0/0.
It's a fantastic score? 280 would have been under par yesterday, but today it's a fantastic score, the conditions have changed and India have a great chance of winning this game.

Indian fans are very predictable. It took one century on a very flat wicket to turn them into supremely arrogant fans belittling the South African bowlers. Wicket does a little in the humidity and they crumble. Now eat some humble pie.

are you out your mind? It was a difficuly wicket to bat on, although not as lively as expected, still it was formidable nonetheless. Not to mention the SAfrican bowlers are the best in business.

It's a fantastic score? 280 would have been under par yesterday, but today it's a fantastic score, the conditions have changed and India have a great chance of winning this game.

The batsmen capable of handling the changed conditions were not available today - Rahane is inexperienced, Dhoni is not the kind of test batsman to flourish on these wickets against these bowlers - the end was predictable.

Pujara looked the most solid of all Indian batsmen but his dismissal in an unpredicted way made sure Indian would struggle to reach 300. Kohli had to make a big 100 to ensure India would get to 350, but that was not to be

280 ain't bad but I don't think its going to be enough to save the match.

Indian bowlers need to make use of the new ball

are you out your mind? It was a difficuly wicket to bat on, although not as lively as expected, still it was formidable nonetheless. Not to mention the SAfrican bowlers are the best in business.

It played more placid than a one day wicket yesterday. Seamed around A BIT today. It's not at all a wicket from a South African perspective that anyone would call a "quick" wicket.

You clearly haven't ever seen a real quick bouncy track.

Maybe I haven't, but I am an Indian, and have seen countless number of tracks that are dry and slow. This one is anything but that.

Maybe I haven't, but I am an Indian, and have seen countless number of tracks that are dry and slow. This one is anything but that.

If anything the ball is keeping low here and the bouncer are ballooning like tennis balls. I'm just saying 280 is a good score on an proper hard and bouncy seaming S.A wicket even by a good side on such wickets. The fact that India got it on this pitch...says a lot about the pitch.

It played more placid than a one day wicket yesterday. Seamed around A BIT today. It's not at all a wicket from a South African perspective that anyone would call a "quick" wicket.

it was by no means a very flat belter as you claim. Show me one commie or ex test player cricketer saying that and I will concede. On the other hand, if you watch the match or Extra innings, multiple times you will hear that pitch was not as juicy as SA expected but quite tough to score on nonetheless.

it was by no means a very flat belter as you claim. Show me one commie or ex test player cricketer saying that and I will concede. On the other hand, if you watch the match or Extra innings, multiple times you will hear that pitch was not as juicy as SA expected but quite tough to score on nonetheless.

I also heard the commies saying that today would be the easiest day to bat on it. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back