Teenager hopes to inspire other Muslim girls by entering Miss Teen Great Britain competition

Firebat

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
A teenager from Leicestershire has said she hoped to inspire other Muslim girls by entering the Miss Teen Great Britain competition.

Fatimah, from Scraptoft, was one of 61 finalists in the event which took place in Blackpool last Monday.

The 17-year-old wore a traditional hijab with all three outfits she presented herself in.

She said she wanted other Muslims to know it is possible for them to compete respectfully in a pageant.

Miss Teen Great Britain said it was not a beauty contest but was about empowering teenagers, having fun, making friends and memories.

Fatimah said she was the only Muslim contestant but her needs were well accommodated, including a ban on dressing room photographs of her with her head uncovered.

She said showcasing her religious clothing was one of her reasons for entering the competition.

"It's stereotyped that Muslim women have been oppressed to wear the hijab and dress modestly when in fact, it's a choice by us," she said.

"In my case, I chose to dress like this and I wanted other Muslim women to know it's still possible to do things in the modern day with modesty and class.

"I understand that it is called a beauty pageant but the whole thing is not actually based on beauty, it's how you represent yourself," she added.

Fatimah did not make the shortlist of contestants but said the experience had benefited her studies and she would consider doing it again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-63348562

This is an event Muslims girls should stay away from. It is a stupid competition.

Miss Teen/Woman competitions should be banned worldwide; it objectifies women.

Anyone think mostly middle aged white men tune into miss whatever to see a kind character? Lol

She might wear a Burkini , which infact is based on a disgusting name bikini . It’s from the bikini island where USA tested nukes , natives either dead , left or unwell due to radiation.

Woke Muslims more annoying than Greta thunberg

This is an event Muslims girls should stay away from. It is a stupid competition.

Miss Teen/Woman competitions should be banned worldwide; it objectifies women.

just because you have an issue why should they be banned? You dont have to watch

Plenty of Muslim women have participated in these pageants in the past. Their is nothing wrong with it. In this case the girl wore a hijab, however even if she wore a bikini it would be ok. Its her choice. You are allowed to be a liberal Muslim women.

Most Muslim girls wear the hijab out of choice like they do the mini skirt. "Miss Teen Great Britain said it was not a beauty contest but was about empowering teenagers, having fun, making friends and memories" is one of the dumbest statements ever made. It is about treating ladies as sex symbols from a very young age.

Anyone think mostly middle aged white men tune into miss whatever to see a kind character? Lol

She might wear a Burkini , which infact is based on a disgusting name bikini . It’s from the bikini island where USA tested nukes , natives either dead , left or unwell due to radiation.

Woke Muslims more annoying than Greta thunberg

Tune in? I thought this anachronism went off the telly in the eighties.

Tune in? I thought this anachronism went off the telly in the eighties.

Not sure but I do see articles now and again of Miss World. Its probably on some lame channel like Dave or Channel 5.

Women, Females imo deserve more respect than to be oggled at because of how they look. We both know people dont view such pagents because of their great jokes, they are known as beauty pagents for a reason.

You will of course have some saying nothing wrong with it but many of these wouldnt allow their sister or mother to waltz in a bikini in front of millions of men worldwide. This is 2022 not 1960, humans need to advance not go backward.

This lady is either looking for attention or has some sort of agenda.

Not sure but I do see articles now and again of Miss World. Its probably on some lame channel like Dave or Channel 5.

Women, Females imo deserve more respect than to be oggled at because of how they look. We both know people dont view such pagents because of their great jokes, they are known as beauty pagents for a reason.

You will of course have some saying nothing wrong with it but many of these wouldnt allow their sister or mother to waltz in a bikini in front of millions of men worldwide. This is 2022 not 1960, humans need to advance not go backward.

This lady is either looking for attention or has some sort of agenda.

Or maybe sold overseas?

I think it's a bit weird, given that British girls of all backgrounds can aspire to so many things like medicine, law, nursing, journalism, academia and the national cricket and football teams.

Or maybe sold overseas?

I think it's a bit weird, given that British girls of all backgrounds can aspire to so many things like medicine, law, nursing, journalism, academia and the national cricket and football teams.

British women from various backgrounds are some of the most talented in all areas. I think its men who set up such pageants or certain newspapers or magazines for their own desires. Remember when the Sun had page 3, this was backward mentality. Not that I would ever read such trash.

Nursing, academia, and medicine are great fields. Women should work in these fields. No issue.

However, beauty competitions are stupid and harmful. Therefore, these events shouldn't be arranged. It objectifies women and is highly degrading. Beauty competition is pretty much like a zoo.

Nursing, academia, and medicine are great fields. Women should work in these fields. No issue.

However, beauty competitions are stupid and harmful. Therefore, these events shouldn't be arranged. It objectifies women and is highly degrading. Beauty competition is pretty much like a zoo.

How about sports, politics, business etc? I see you only concentrated on beauty pageants :ashwin

Anyone can wear a bikini. But it will be an eyesore if she is not in shape or does not have the body to rock it.

This is why models are fit and not out of shape like an aunty.

An out-of-shape woman can be fit too if she eats well and exercises well. Again, there is no relation between good health and bikini.

An out-of-shape woman can be fit too if she eats well and exercises well. Again, there is no relation between good health and bikini.

Hence if a woman wants to wear a bikini, she needs to be in shape. Especially if she wants to compete in a pageant. It promotes good health in general. Of course, to attain that the woman needs to go through rigorous training. Going under the knife and abusing roids should be discouraged.

But she wont be doing anything of the stuff you guys are alleging. She looks beautiful in a fully covered dress with head covering and she plans to participate as such, not wearing a bikini- so whats your problem criticizing her?

I say more power to her: she is trying to show those who watch these things because they objectify women, that there is more to her, there is more to hijab wearing muslim women and they are as talented and well accomplished as the next bimbo who walks around twirling batons in a bikini..

I would say clap clap clap!

I say more power to her: she is trying to show those who watch these things because they objectify women, that there is more to her, there is more to hijab wearing muslim women and they are as talented and well accomplished as the next bimbo who walks around twirling batons in a bikini..

I would say clap clap clap!

Why would any intelligent Muslim woman participate in such an event (filled with bimbos)?

Makes no sense.

Why would any intelligent Muslim woman participate in such an event (filled with bimbos)?

Makes no sense.

To prove they are bimbos and she is better than them and hopefully turn the thing on its head. Why the heck not? It makes perfect sense to me. They portray our women is oppressed and subjugated because we "make" them wear hijab. If she competes wearing one and shows she is wearing it of her own accord and likes it and she can do everything western women can do and have a better personality, have more beauty and grace, and have more skills and intelligence, I would definitely encourage her and others to do it. That way we can completely change the nature of these competitions which simply objectify women. We can make them more reasonable.

Disappointing to read the hatred and contempt for non-Muslim women displayed by some posters here.

Disappointing to read the hatred and contempt for non-Muslim women displayed by some posters here.

I apologize for generalizing and perhaps some of my comments were crass but you have to admit, women want to be seen as more than just objects of beauty and yet these competitions end up validating the opposite. I am sure they are beautiful, wonderful, smart and have all the other qualities but why do they have to walk around naked or semi naked? They fall for that trap. They should not have to.

There are many intelligent non-Muslim women who do not participate in this type of stupid event.

This has nothing to do with religion. Nobody displayed hatred here. People simply criticized the event.

I apologize for generalizing and perhaps some of my comments were crass but you have to admit, women want to be seen as more than just objects of beauty and yet these competitions end up validating the opposite. I am sure they are beautiful, wonderful, smart and have all the other qualities but why do they have to walk around naked or semi naked? They fall for that trap. They should not have to.

OK. But perhaps they are gaming the system? Myleene Klass could have been another one hit wonder pop star until she went on that jungle show and posed in her bikini under the shower. This gave her considerable media exposure. Now she is a respected BBC TV and radio classical music presenter.

Am not a fan.

But this is nothing new.

A big chunk of British muslim women in the big city’s all think they are Miss Teen GB anyway :))

This is just insta being publicised

OK. But perhaps they are gaming the system? Myleene Klass could have been another one hit wonder pop star until she went on that jungle show and posed in her bikini under the shower. This gave her considerable media exposure. Now she is a respected BBC TV and radio classical music presenter.

Well, of course, they do. Most of them do. Because they know men objectify them and thats what makes them a hot commodity in the media. And that is exactly the point I was trying to make. We empower them to do such things. The Kardashians and Hiltons of the world, they all knew they had it and they used it to game their way to riches.

Well, of course, they do. Most of them do. Because they know men objectify them and thats what makes them a hot commodity in the media. And that is exactly the point I was trying to make. We empower them to do such things. The Kardashians and Hiltons of the world, they all knew they had it and they used it to game their way to riches.

I don’t understand your point in the last sentence. Please elaborate

Back