The Apprentice UK [Spoilers]

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
It's been two years since we last got to hear a "You're Fired" from Lord Alan Sugar.

But the businessman is finally returned with a brand new series of The Apprentice.

The 16th edition of the BBC One reality series will see 16 brand new entrepreneurs battle it out to win £250,000 worth of investment into their business.

Former The Apprentice winner and entrepreneur Tim Campbell will join Lord Sugar and Baroness Karren Brady in the boardroom this year.

It comes after his usual sidekick Claude Littner, who has appeared on the programme since 2015, had to pull out after an accident last year.

An ex-RAF member, a nursery owner and a man who hopes to become one of the “bad boys of the bath bomb world” with Lord Alan Sugar are among those lined-up to take part in the series.

The Apprentice is due to begin on Thursday, January 6, at 9pm

Here's a look in full at the brand new The Apprentice candidates for 2022.

Aaron

Aaron Willis, 38

Having served in the RAF for 12 years as Flight Operations Instructor, Aaron has set out to start his own security business. From travelling all around the world and previously working as a milkman, horseman and butcher, this outgoing and full of life salesman is “hungry for success” and at a stage now, where he “can’t let anyone stand in his way”.

“My strongest point is that I can sell, to anybody and I think that’s the reason why my business will be a success, because people will buy from me.”

Akeem

Akeem Bundu-Kamara, 29

Akeem considers himself a people’s person who loves being around others, however as a “numbers guy”, his analytical ability often causes him to think carefully about his every move, as he claims he will come in with a “calculated point of view”. Ready to provide the facts, Akeem says he has “got the ambition, the drive and the experience working with strategy” to stand him out from the crowd, as he states he's already on “the pathway to making it”.

“My growing up has made me who I am, I’m able to converse with everyone, but also be able to show that financial, business side to myself.”

Akshay

Akshay Thakrar, 28

Referring to himself as a man who believes sleeping is a “waste of time” and who’s first word as a new-born was ‘profit’, Akshay believes he’s been put on earth to do one thing, and that’s to make money. With the ability to speak 7 languages, he is able to connect with everyone and therefore can “sell anything, to anyone.”

“My friends call me AK47 because I’m a killer salesperson.”

Alex

Alex Short, 27

With big goals for his commercial cleaning business, Alex is driven, focused and is “not going to stop” until he gets where he wants to go. Despite leaving school after the first year of sixth form and encountering a few hurdles along the way, he is now on the way to tripling his turnover – which he views as the “most impressive” thing he’s done in business, so far.

“I would compare myself to a Ferrari, shiny on the outside but under the bonnet, there is a lot of fire and I’m coming for you.”

Amy

Amy Anzel, 48

Starting her beauty business a little later in life, Amy has now found what she really loves doing in life after previously working in sales, showbiz and jingles. Amy takes business very seriously, and describes herself as determined, persistent and a “tough boss”.

“I can be nice when I need to be, but when I unfortunately have to be a *****, I will...”

Brittany

Brittany Carter, 25

Describing herself as kind, sociable, and enthusiastic – people person Brittany has a positive outlook on life and is looking for Lord Sugar’s help launching her business idea for the first alcoholic protein drink. Brittany is ready to learn as much as possible throughout the process and is confident she’ll make it to the final.

“My motto for life is ‘always look on the bright side and be grateful for everything’– every day when I wake up, I write 10 things that I am grateful for and when I go to sleep, I reflect on 5 things I am grateful for from that day.”

Conor

Conor Gilsenan, 28

Occupation: Sales Executive and former Professional Rugby Player

Hard-working and “hyper-motivated by money”, ex-rugby player Conor describes himself as a “corporate panther” with a record for getting deals done, who will win this series. His business idea consists of a fleet of quirky food and beverage vendors targeted at music and sports events.

“I’m going to be the corporate panther in the boardroom, I’ m going to get it done, and I’m going to be Lord Sugar’s perfect business partner.”

Francesca

Francesca Kennedy Wallbank, 26

Eco-conscious, mathematics graduate Francesca is looking for investment in her next venture, providing a product carbon footprint service for businesses with a simple equation of her own creation. Coming from a line of successful entrepreneurs, she is confident that she can win, stating: “I’ve never lost anything, I always win”

“There are two types of people in the world – there’s people that say they are going to do things and people that actually do them, and I’m a doer.”

Harry

Harry Mahmood, 35

Inspired by the kindness of his grandparents, Harry wants to help and support people. Describing himself as “the Asian version of Lord Sugar”, he hopes they can work together to develop his bath bomb business and become “the bad boys of the bath bomb world together.”

“Everything I’ve looked into achieving, I’ve achieved. I’ve literally done everything I’ve put my mind to.”

Harpreet

Harpreet Kaur, 30

Describing herself as a born leader, fearless and funny, Harpreet plans to “level up” her successful, six-figure coffee and cakes business to become a leading brand in the UK. Motivated by her need to be the best version of herself, she isn’t here to make friends and is ready to be Lord Sugar’s next business partner.

“I’m definitely not in business to make friends, I’m here to make money, and I’m pretty sure Lord Sugar isn’t looking for a new mate.”

Kathryn

Kathryn Louise Burn, 29

After working a range of jobs, from mortgage advisor to events manager, Kathryn now has ambitious plans for her online pyjama business and is confident that they will one day be “worn by everyone”. Describing herself as ambitious, kind, and often “savage”, she says she’s there to win, not to make friends.

“My dreams in my head are absolutely huge and I believe I can achieve them.”

Navid

Navid Sole, 27

Qualified pharmacist and Nicki Minaj superfan Navid aspires to create a successful pharmacy business with the help and expertise of Lord Sugar. Describing himself as quirky and unique, Navid plans to stay true to himself throughout the process.

“Nothing intimidates me because I just feel like I’m a strong character, strong person, strong mindset.”

Nick

Nick Showering, 31

After “working in the shadow of his family’s business”, qualified accountant Nick hopes to make a name for himself in the drinks industry with his line of flavoured water. Considering himself a people person who is lots of fun, Nick’s plan to beat the competition is to “kill them with kindness”.

“In business I’m a bit of a force to be reckoned with. I know what I’m talking about, I know how things work, and I’m extremely experienced. So, I’m a bit of an animal in the boardroom.”

Sophie

Sophie Wilding, 32

Saleswoman turned businesswoman Sophie describes herself as magical and enchanting, and has big renovation plans for her boutique cocktail bar. With her positive attitude and witch school qualifications under her belt, Sophie feels winning is “in her DNA” and that her ideas are truly “out of the ordinary.”

“Failure is not an option, winning is part of my DNA.”

Shama

Shama Amin, 41

Shama, the 41-year-old mother of five, is passionate about taking care of children and describes herself as loyal, determined and outspoken. Having wanted this since childhood, Shama is ready to prove she has the “skillset that is required to be one of the best, successful businesswomen in the early years sector.”

“Being a lady of colour, wearing a headscarf as well, and the challenges that we face on a daily basis, I just want to be a living example for the Asian women and South Asian women out there.”

Stephanie

Stephanie Afflek, 28

Describing herself as confident, decisive and brutally honest, Stephanie is looking for funding and support to develop her designer children's wear store. With a no- nonsense attitude towards business, Stephanie wants to be part of the rapidly growing pre-loved fashion industry and make a difference in the world.”

“I’m an East London girl, and I’ve got that no nonsense sort of work ethic. I’ve got grit, determination and I’m determined to be successful.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/who-bbc-apprentice-2022-candidates-22643157

Last edited by a moderator:
Some tough cookies in this program!

Ah great another bunch of thoroughly unpleasant individuals who "want to make money" and act like toxic bullies to get there..so guaranteed the scarf sister is gone in the first few weeks. Then the "I want to be nice ones" get eaten up..in the end your left with the unpleasant ones who talk garbage..

Looking forward to this verymuch, one of my favourite programmes along with dragons den

I agree. These two programmes are the only ones I watch on TV. Folks I was once offered the chance to pitch my business idea on "Dragon's Den" then Covid happened so didn't hear from them again. Will let you guy's know of any further developments.

Hmmm.

Describing himself as “the Asian version of Lord Sugar”, he hopes they can work together to develop his bath bomb business and become “the bad boys of the bath bomb world together.”

Harry bites the dust.

To be fair 5 or 6 out of the losing team could have been fired.

Akshay should have got fired.

Its easy to say that this series is going to be poor.

so sad to see what this shows become. its pretty good for comedic value tbh.

my own two cents, alan sugar knows what what two or three businesses he wants to invest in from the beginning, and the other candidates simply make up the numbers for entertainment.

Not Harry but the black guy should have been fired for that ridiculous logo. Harry was shouted down or overruled when he insisted on changing it. That girl Shama also looks a bit like a fish out of water contributing little to the task. She'll be the one shown the exit door when the ladies lose their first task. The girls appear more like model's then business ladies, the winner will come from the lads group:bobs.

Great show but seems like its gone downhill last few years with the contestants, some of these guys have been in other reality shows before, was much better when it was raw actual business corporates workers rather than the new influencer type.

Akeem should have been fired yestrday he was literally agreeing with the first point that anyone said regardless of how ridiculous it sounded, harry however i think sugar knew this guy will get on his nerves later on down the line and realistically would never become his business partner as he seemed very immature.

Akshay should have got fired.

Its easy to say that this series is going to be poor.

Yes I thought he was lucky to get away with such a poor effort as the team leader. If not him, then it should have been Akeem.

Early days but the quality levels of the contestants doesn't look great.

Last edited:
so sad to see what this shows become. its pretty good for comedic value tbh.

my own two cents, alan sugar knows what what two or three businesses he wants to invest in from the beginning, and the other candidates simply make up the numbers for entertainment.

True.

It seems that the contestants are chosen more for their entertainment value rather than their business acumen.

The men this time around seem hopeless. Any one of the 3 in the boardroom could have gone.

The boy’s team this year is beyond woeful, what an absolute bunch of clowns. The toothbrush they designed looked like a toilet log. Thought Aaron was very lucky to survive last night after he did such a shocking job as PM.

Naved gone.

Was only a matter of time.

3 weeks, 3 guys out.

The Apprentice contestant Shama Amin has quit the hit BBC show due to health reasons, it has been announced.

Ms Amin, who has rheumatoid arthritis, said the competition, in which the winner takes home a £250,000 investment from Lord Alan Sugar, was "physically demanding".

Ahead of the series, the Bradford nursery owner said she wanted to "be a living example" for Asian women.

She said the decision to leave was "difficult".

Her departure means 13 entrepreneurs remain in the running to become Lord Sugar's next business partner.

On the show on Thursday, the mother-of-five will say: "Because of medical reasons, due to this process being so physically demanding, despite all the efforts the whole team has made to support me, I have had to make a difficult decision to leave the process.

"I would just like to thank you so much for this opportunity."

Naved gone.

Was only a matter of time.

3 weeks, 3 guys out.

Straight away in the first week he looked like he was set for an early exit. The guy actually has an impressive CV at his age with having opened and owned multiple pharmacies, but his awkward style and youthful inexperience let him down on the show I thought.

Claims of bullying on The Apprentice are "unsubstantiated", a spokesperson for the programme has said.

The rebuttal comes after pharmacist Navid Sole - who was fired from the show on Thursday - said he was left in tears after failing a task.

Speaking to the Mirror, Mr Sole claims he was called a "snake" and a "clown" on the highly competitive show.

A statement on behalf of the BBC One programme refuted the claims, saying the allegations were "unsubstantiated".

The spokesperson added that it did not reflect the measures put in place to protect entrepreneurs.

"The wellbeing of the candidates who take part in The Apprentice is of paramount importance.

"Thorough and robust duty of care protocols are in place which include an experienced network of support for candidates who are in regular contact before, during and after filming.

"All contributors agreed to a code of conduct which was put in place from the outset in order to protect and prioritise their welfare.

"These allegations are unsubstantiated and do not reflect the measures put in place to look after the candidates."

Earlier this week, contestant Shama Amin quit the show for health reasons.

The 41-year-old, who owns a day nursery, suffers with rheumatoid arthritis and told Lord Sugar the show had become too "physically demanding" for her.

The Apprentice sees business hopefuls compete to win £250,000 of investment and go into business with Lord Sugar.

SKY

Claims of bullying on The Apprentice are "unsubstantiated", a spokesperson for the programme has said.

The rebuttal comes after pharmacist Navid Sole - who was fired from the show on Thursday - said he was left in tears after failing a task.

Speaking to the Mirror, Mr Sole claims he was called a "snake" and a "clown" on the highly competitive show.

A statement on behalf of the BBC One programme refuted the claims, saying the allegations were "unsubstantiated".

The spokesperson added that it did not reflect the measures put in place to protect entrepreneurs.

"The wellbeing of the candidates who take part in The Apprentice is of paramount importance.

"Thorough and robust duty of care protocols are in place which include an experienced network of support for candidates who are in regular contact before, during and after filming.

"All contributors agreed to a code of conduct which was put in place from the outset in order to protect and prioritise their welfare.

"These allegations are unsubstantiated and do not reflect the measures put in place to look after the candidates."

The 41-year-old, who owns a day nursery, suffers with rheumatoid arthritis and told Lord Sugar the show had become too "physically demanding" for her.

The Apprentice sees business hopefuls compete to win £250,000 of investment and go into business with Lord Sugar.

https://news.sky.com/story/the-appr...pokesperson-says-12523448?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

I feel Shama just didn't fit in to the procedure of the programme and wanted to get away. Navid should have been given the opportunity to lead the team. He was a likeable candidate even if a bit over happy.

I feel Shama just didn't fit in to the procedure of the programme and wanted to get away. Navid should have been given the opportunity to lead the team. He was a likeable candidate even if a bit over happy.
I don't watch it but was surprised he isn't gay..

Straight away in the first week he looked like he was set for an early exit. The guy actually has an impressive CV at his age with having opened and owned multiple pharmacies, but his awkward style and youthful inexperience let him down on the show I thought.

Poor guy couldn't fight his corner.

It's becoming one of those shows where if you shout the loudest and talk a good game you get the prize.

The Apprentice fans knew the writing was on the wall for Alex Short as he became the fourth contestant to be fired.

A massive blunder in tonight's fish-orientated challenge sealed the 27-year-old's fate, and he was brutally dispatched by Lord Sugar in the boardroom.

The show chief fumed: "This is without a doubt the worst failure I've ever seen in this boardroom."

Things got very heated between Alex and Akshay Thakrar as they debated who was at fault for the failure before Lord Sugar put them out of their misery.

"A complete and utter shambles."

The latest candidate from The Apprentice has been fired - and they're not holding back.

The remaining candidates were sent off to North Wales for a task involving promoting tourism whereby the group was asked to plan an adventure-filled experience for holidaymakers and corporates.

They were tasked with creating a bespoke package, with one team going down the adrenaline route, topped off with a trip to the mines and some cheese tasting, while the other went for a calmer approach with a scenic train ride, spot of watercolor painting, and a Whisky tasting experience.

Once their jaunt to North Wales was over, it was back to the boardroom to face Lord Alan Sugar and discover which team had emerged victorious this week.

It was, however, Amy Anzel who caught the successful businessman's attention but not for good reason.

"You're avoiding the spotlight the way that Dracula avoids sunbathing," Lord Sugar told her as she once again didn't put herself forward to lead the team.

Lord Sugar then referenced how Amy had once lived in Los Angeles and asked her if she was a LA Dodger, a further dig at her failure to become project manager.

Lord Sugar told Amy: "You dodged the project management side of things, you've been here six weeks to show that you can do something, and you haven't shown me you can do something.

"And so it is with regret that you're fired. Thank you."

Down to the final four now.

No male candidates left.

<b>When is the final of The Apprentice 2022 and who is in it?</b>

Lord Sugar will soon summon the finalists of The Apprentice as they battle it out to win his £250,000 investment.

The final stage of the show will see the remaining candidates compete against each other in one last task. The entrepreneurs will promote their business ideas and present a proposed plan to a group of industry experts before joining Lord Sugar in the boardroom for the final time.

However, only one candidate can win his investment. The final episode of The Apprentice in 2022, will air on Thursday, March 24 at 9pm on BBC One.

Only four candidates made it through to the interview stage of The Apprentice this year. In a double firing, Aaron Willis and Akeem Bundu-Kamara were fired by Lord Sugar.

This meant the famous 'final five' was reduced to four. In an all-female semi-final; Brittany Carter, Harpreet Kaur, Kathryn Louise Burn, and Stephanie Affleck will now face Lord Sugar's trusted aides.

Prior to the final, a special programme 'Why I Fired Them' will air on BBC One. The show will see Lord Sugar share why he chose to fire certain candidates and reflect on what they could have done better.

Akshay Thakrar, Alex Short, Amy Anzel, Conor Gilsenan, Francesca Kennedy Wallbank, Harry Mahmood, Navid Sole, Nick Showering, and Sophie Wilding were all fired in earlier episodes. Shama Amin left the show for health reasons.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/tv/final-apprentice-2022-who-it-23409082

<b>The Apprentice 2022 finalists revealed as two more candidates are fired</b>

And then there were two.

The Apprentice has seen the final four being reduced to two in the race to become Lord Sugar's business partner.

In the March 17th episode, the remaining candidates – Brittany Carter, Harpreet Kaur, Kathryn Louise Burn and Stephanie Affleck – were summoned to 70 St Mary Axe to discuss their business plans.

It was Brittany and Stephanie's turn to go home after their plans didn't convince Lord Sugar's expert advisors.

The candidates met with publishing pioneer Mike Soutar, interior design agency boss Linda Plant, media agency chief officer Claudine Collins and, of course, Sugar's associate Claude Littner, returning to the show after pulling out due to a bike accident.

Fitness fan Brittany had to pen her first-ever business plan to market a high-protein alcoholic beverage, but was left with a sour taste in her mouth.

Claude pointed out that she hadn't covered profit and loss projections into her business plan, with Linda calling it "nothing more than a glorified brochure".

As if that wasn't enough, Mike recreated the drink following the ingredients Brittany had listed in her plan, describing it as "chalky and bitter".

As for Stephanie, Linda slammed her plan to expand her marketplace for pre-loved designer childrenswear, calling it "a pipe dream with no substance".

The candidate also failed to choose the right authentication company for the clothes she intended to sell.

Mike noticed the authentication company she mentioned in her plan only works with shoes and bags and wouldn't be suitable for her business.

Upon consulting the four experts, Lord Sugar decided to fire Brittany, wishing her the best of luck going forward – with a different project, perhaps.

"You're a very intelligent young lady," he told her.

"But you still back your ideas even when they're bad."

After asking the remaining three candidates to step out, Lord Sugar also fired Stephanie.

"The pre-loved is not a market that is loved by me, you're fired," he said.

In this week's season finale, the entrepreneur will have to decide whether to invest in Harpreet's dessert business or Kathryn's matching pyjamas for the entire family, including dogs.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a39466361/the-apprentice-2022-finalists-harpreet-kathryn/

katherine was always gonna make the final, shes the most marketable.

Absurd. Purely for the metrics. Indian is vogue.

Kathryn was robbed

Pyjamas is a crap idea too imo.

The only idea that seemed decent so far was Brittanys alcoholic protein drink.

Now it may only seem decent to me because I dont drink and it appears to be novel, but at least it looked at introducing something new.

Pyjamas are the least imaginative business idea that looks like it requires the lowest levels of actual fashion creativity.

Desert shops are ten a penny too.

Pyjamas is a crap idea too imo.

The only idea that seemed decent so far was Brittanys alcoholic protein drink.

Now it may only seem decent to me because I dont drink and it appears to be novel, but at least it looked at introducing something new.

Pyjamas are the least imaginative business idea that looks like it requires the lowest levels of actual fashion creativity.

Desert shops are ten a penny too.

was a horrible idea imo, protein shakes have a terrible texture for the most part, if someone could fix that, they would make a tonne of money and it would have already been done given the size of the larger drinks manufacturers.

all the ideas were terrible imo. they went for the one where the financials were the most obvious, also alan sugar will use the bakery income to get long term leases on property and will use potential gains from that as an insurance policy.

its about time they change the prize, been the same for nearly ten years, should be half a mill now at least.

Tbh both ideas were awful. The USP of Katherine was pyjamas for dogs. If it's successful others will also do it but better.

I don't watch it but caught the last 20 minutes. Kathryn had the better pitch and organisation with the products being gimmicks. Harpreet was part of a family business of the type which many are run as local franchises successfully and the new name was a rip-off of Yo Sushi.

Neither would get a penny on Dragon's Den. 250k for a glorified reality show

Lord Sugar would be better off hiring the winning candidates on a salary ,pretty much most of the new business ideas in the last few years have been rubbish to say the least.

Lord Sugar would be better off hiring the winning candidates on a salary ,pretty much most of the new business ideas in the last few years have been rubbish to say the least.

I think the show should go back to this format. The current model is becoming stale.

<b>The Apprentice 2023 - Meet the candidates of series 17</b>

<I>Meet the 18 candidates hoping to secure Lord Sugar's investment when The Apprentice returns from 5 January</I>

Avi Sharma
Lives: London

Avi is the youngest candidate in the series. As an “optimistic” entrepreneur, he believes that Lord Sugar’s investment will get him out of the “rat race” of city banking.

What is your USP?

I’m a confident chap who can bring a smile to the most miserable face!

What is your biggest weakness?

Some say I’m delusional, I prefer the term optimistic.

Why do you deserve Lord Sugar’s investment?

Lord Sugar’s investment will help me escape the rat race of a banking job. I’m the hardest working rat he’ll ever meet.

Bradley Johnson
Lives: North Yorkshire

Bradley is a self-made businessman. Priding himself on his determination and work ethic, in his own words, his can-do attitude and approach to business is “something you’ve got to be proud of.”

What is your USP?

My USP is my drive and determination. Starting a business from absolutely nothing and taking it to a company that’s turning over six figures demonstrates my determination and strong work ethic. A lot of people in business - I’m not saying everyone - have inherited their businesses, this is not the case for myself. I was made redundant in 2019 and now, we’re turning over half-a-million, which is something I’m immensely proud of.

My biggest weakness is public speaking. I’ve never, ever been good at it. I was always the shy kid at school, I hated having to stand up and read in English lessons. It’s something I am combatting. On a Friday morning at half-past six, I run a business networking event, where I stand up and I talk to over 50 other businesses. That has really helped me to have the confidence to be able to stand up and speak to anyone.

I deserve Lord Sugar’s investment because I have a proven business and a strong can-do attitude. I have a business plan that will see us turn over seven figures after year three and who knows where else that could take us.

Dani Donovan
Lives: Hertfordshire

Dani wants to inspire would-be business owners. She started her business as a teenager and is now doing “something she loves” for a living, showing that having a passion for what you do is the key to success in business.

What is your USP?

My unique selling point is my personality, I bring something unique. I’m a different kind of business owner, which is a lot more relatable to people. That is really what I would like to promote as a person, that business is something that doesn’t need to be fancy words and suits. I believe the key to business is passion and when you're passionate about something you can be successful in it.

My biggest weakness is also my biggest strength. It’s that nothing is ever good enough and that I always want more. This is a weakness because then I’m never content with what I have achieved. But it’s also a humongous strength – it is what has pushed me to come so far. From being a teenager and starting a business to where I am now and getting to do something I love every day.

I deserve Lord Sugar’s investment because I have a business that there is a huge gap in the market for. I feel my business is something that is actually really current, it’s something that I think will appeal to lots of different people. It baffles me that no one has done it yet!

Denisha Kaur Bharj
Lives: Leicestershire

Denisha’s determination and work ethic have allowed her to reach the peak of her potential, overcoming professional and personal tests.

What is your USP?

I’m a strong, motivated, hard-working woman. I know my worth and what I can achieve, most people don’t know that. I’m not scared of getting out of my comfort zone if it means being successful.

I have always known what I wanted in life. I know the dreams I want to achieve. There’s only one Denisha Kaur.

Some people think it’s a weakness, but I think it’s a skill. I am able to handle pressure as I have been tested a number of times both professionally and personally. I can self-criticise and provide solutions to any issues, and I’m always constantly thinking ahead.

I’m a woman who wants to create an empire and have it all; to be able to provide for my family and to be an inspiration to young women. I dream big, but I work extra hard and know everything is possible. I want to build an empire, with my first step being in business with Lord Sugar. I want to be mentored by the best to be the best.

Emma Browne
Lives: County Kildare

Emma is always willing to go the extra-mile and show 100% commitment to anything she puts her hand to. Laser focused on making her unique business idea a resounding success, Emma "will do anything to succeed".

What’s your USP?

I am a highly motivated, results-oriented professional with 5 plus years of hands-on sales experience within diverse, competitive sales environments. I have a track record of attracting and winning new clients. If I have an opinion and I think its valid and logical I will say it how it is; I want to ensure we win tasks.

What’s your biggest weakness?

I am extremely competitive; I won't let anything get in my way. If I have an opinion and I think it's going to allow us to win the task, I will be sure to be straightforward with the other candidates.

I am beyond determined and I have won countless awards throughout my career. I am a workaholic and working long hours and giving my full commitment is something I have done since a very young age. I will do anything to succeed. I have a uniquely profitable business idea. I am confident that whether I win the investment from Lord Sugar or not, I am going to make my company one of the most successful ideas to ever come out of The Apprentice. Watch this space.

Gregory Ebbs
Lives: Shropshire

Local councillor Gregory owns an online antiques business and has previously worked as a professional cannon-firer.

What is your USP?

My USP is my ability to think outside the box and try out new and different things. I think I’ve got a really clear vision of what I want in the future and that is substantiated from having diverse experience in different fields and my willingness to try things that very few people will do.

My biggest weakness, some could call a strength in my opinion, is sometimes being a little too unusual. Some people might think, ‘why did you go to Malta to fire cannons when you could be earning so much more in the City of London?’. But I would say, a willingness to try different things and not being afraid to be slightly different is one of my biggest strengths.

I deserve Lord Sugar’s investment because I’ve got the experience and the vision to push my business forward and make it a resounding success. I think the chances of making this business super successful is greater than anybody else’s, because it’s such a fantastic principle. I think I’m leading the way in e-commerce for antiques.

Joseph Phillips
Lives: Worcestershire

The “James Bond of the business world” with a degree in Zoology. From a Safari guide in South Africa, to businessman.

What is your USP?

I studied zoology and animal behaviour and specialised at being a safari guide in South Africa. So, I think with regards to entering The Apprentice, that gives me the edge I need, to be unique enough to succeed in the process.

I remember when I first got diagnosed with Dyslexia, I broke down in tears. I genuinely felt like it was a weakness that was going to hold me back and it kind of was, I really struggled to keep my head above water at school. Having said that, it’s a weakness that is also my greatest strength. At school I was determined not to let it hold me back and today I use it to drive my success. Because I struggled so much with it, I work hard just to keep up with everyone else. Today it’s not enough just to keep up. I want to prove to everyone that having dyslexia isn’t something that will hold you back, it’s something that will drive you to success!

I don’t deserve Lord Sugar’s investment more than anyone else in the process, but I do think I have something that they don’t. If Lord Sugar wants to invest in a business to help save the ocean, one lip balm at a time, then I’m his guy.

Kevin D'Arcy
Lives: Dublin

Kevin started his water sports equipment business during lockdown, whilst working in his job in the financial services. He is looking to expand his business into the UK and is set on securing Lord Sugar's investment.

What is your USP?

I have not only a strong 10-year career in financial services, but a thriving business I set up on the side that has turned over just under half a million in two years. That shows that I have commercial awareness and the drive and determination to succeed that sets me apart from the rest.

In short, I can be a little outspoken, so probably not knowing when to shut up.

I started my business two years ago, on the side of a senior position in the financial services. It’s gone from strength to strength in Ireland and is now stocked in some of the country’s biggest stores. With Lord Sugar as my business partner, I know we can ride that wave into the UK and beyond...

Mark Moseley

Mark is a former soldier who has worked all over the world in remote and hostile environments, so thinks he should be more than equipped to handle the boardroom. As the owner of a pest control business, he thinks this is a lucrative industry for Lord Sugar to invest in.

What is your USP?

My USP is that I’m very talkative with the charm to match – I can sell to anyone. I’ve been around the world and have met hundreds of different people, from members of the royal family to celebrities. I can always speak to them in a confident manner, so I know I’d be right at home negotiating and securing deals with some of the biggest brands.

My biggest weakness is that I can be a little bit over-confident from time to time. I may jump ahead of the game, but at the same time people like confident people, people buy into confidence. And that’s why people buy into me.

I deserve Lord Sugar’s investment because the pest control industry is worth hundreds of millions of pounds a year in the UK. Out of all the candidates on paper, I am the one who can grow the business the quickest. If Lord Sugar doesn’t pick me, then he’s missing a trick.

Marnie Swindells

A gold medal-winning boxer and imaginative businesswoman, she is ready to face off against her fellow candidates in the boardroom.

What is your USP?

My unique selling point is my imagination and creativity. I can see opportunity everywhere I look and being able to have that vision is something I think separates me from other people.

My biggest weakness is that I can come across as being headstrong, but it’s actually my passion and eagerness to succeed.

I deserve Lord Sugar’s investment because I have given my blood, sweat and tears to my business. I think that taking the experience I have in the boxing industry and all the experience that he has in the business industry, together we would be a winning combination. I have fought tooth and nail to get to where I am today with my business. I deserve the chance to have that investment to show him what I can do with it

Megan Hornby
Lives: East Yorkshire

Megan believes she has found success by identifying a gap in the market and running with it.

What is your USP?

My USP is definitely my honesty. I think that no matter what situation I am thrown into, I will always give one hundred percent truth, even if it’s hard to hear. I always believe that honesty is the most important thing in business.

My biggest weakness is that I can often be overly ambitious. I can take too many things on, and sometimes I need to focus on certain aspects. But it’s just because I’m so passionate about what I do - I just want to take everything on and get involved in as much as I can.

I deserve Lord Sugar’s investment because I’ve already proven, at such a young age, that I’m innovative and hard-working. I’ve started a business that has a real niche. I’ve found a gap in the market, and I’ve made a success of it so far. I really think that with Lord Sugar’s investment, my business could be nationally recognised.

Reece Donnelly
Lives: Glasgow

Set on being the first Scottish candidate to secure Lord Sugar’s investment, Reece is the marketing savvy owner of a performing arts school.

What is your USP?

My USP is that I’m the youngest CEO of a further education college in the UK. I launched my first business at nineteen and from there have gone from strength to strength, turning over six figures within three years and now on track to turning over half a million. Despite my age, I have all the experience, drive, and personality to take my success achieved in Scotland to link up with Lord Sugar and scale that up across the rest of the UK.

Sometimes I can be guilty of neglecting the grunt work. Admin or accounting tasks aren’t quite for me. Ultimately though that means I use my time more effectively, delegating those tasks elsewhere and performing where I’m at my best, as a leader. Plus, it keeps my accountant in a job.

Lord Sugar has never invested in a Scottish candidate and I’m here to prove that Scotland is filled with forward-thinking entrepreneurs and that we are not in fact a haggis-eating, kilt-wearing nation. My proven track record of starting, scaling and ultimately turning businesses into a success, along with Lord Sugar’s knowledge and contacts, is a recipe for success.

Rochelle Anthony
Lives: Bedfordshire

Salon owner Rochelle prides herself on her great intuition. “I’m always being compared to the Kim Kardashian of the business world because I’m doing business with a hint of glam.”

What is your USP?

I am a tenacious, fierce, and determined businesswoman.

My biggest weakness is that I don’t like the word ‘no’ and I don’t listen to it - I will always turn it into a ‘not yet’, and I cannot let go. I will do things single-handedly, just because I need to get it done. I’ve had a business in the past that I quickly realised wasn’t right. I’ve got very good intuition as I know I have a strong brand; I always learn from my mistakes and turn everything into a positive and use it to fuel my new ventures into the successes they deserve to be.

I deserve Lord Sugar’s investment because I know the hair industry like the back of my hand and Lord Sugar knows business. Together, we would be an absolute force to be reckoned with.

Shannon Martin
Lives: West Yorkshire

Shannon is hoping to be the first business partner to bring Lord Sugar into the lucrative bridal industry.

What is your USP?

My USP is the fact that I’ve got a million-pound business, that might hopefully be a multi-million-pound business in the coming months!

My biggest weakness is probably the fact that I want everything now, so I really struggle to prioritise. When I come up with an idea, I want to just do it there and then and take everybody along with me on the ride. It can cause a bit of stress because I just want it today, I need to learn to be a bit more of a planner.

I feel that I deserve Lord Sugar’s investment because my business is all based in the UK. There are not many other businesses that design, and manufacture wedding dresses made solely in the UK, which is exactly what my business plan is. I think it’s a really good opportunity for him; he’s never been in the bridal business before.

Shazia Hussain

Shazia champions a varied representation of diverse women in the world of business. “I don’t need any friends in business. I am here to win this.”

What is your USP?

My USP is my ADHD, which means I can process information faster than others. This often means that my reaction time is quicker, and I look at things differently.

Again, it would be my ADHD, because it means that I lose concentration quite quickly when I’m around stimuli.

I deserve Lord Sugar’s investment for my ability to identify niches in business and to develop them into USPs. It’s important to see a varied representation of women, including women with neurodiversity in business, as people with neurodiversity are linked to being increasingly successful within the corporate sector. I hope that I’ll encourage more people like me not to be ashamed of their difference. It’s okay to be different. It can make you extremely successful within business.

Simba Rwambiwa
Lives: Birmingham

Simba is more than ready to challenge the status quo of the business world and is a self-confessed “perfectionist”.

What is your USP?

My USP is myself. If people can’t buy into you, they’ll never buy anything from you.

My biggest weakness is that I’m a perfectionist, I always want to get things right.

I deserve Lord Sugar’s business investment because I have a business that not only guarantees profit, but also guarantees to improve the quality of peoples’ lives.

Sohail Chowdhary
Lives: Southampton

Martial Arts Instructor Sohail wants other candidates to stay “wary”. “I am calm and collected, but if they do come at me? I will bite and I will sting, and I will leave my mark.”

What is your USP?

My USP is systemisation and automation. That means, to put it simply, turning my laziness into a positive by creating smart solutions and simple shortcuts to difficult problems. I can achieve the same results as others in half the time.

My biggest weakness would be sometimes not listening to others when on the very rare occasion I might be wrong. I’ll always be the person that looks out for the little guy and sometimes that means that I will put emotions before business. I will make sure that people are looked after, first and foremost, over anything else.

I was raised in a council house and I’m proud of that, but that means I’ve had to fight hard to achieve the comfortable life I lead today. I’ve got a proven track record behind me and if the previous five years are anything to go by, the next five are going to be something special. Plus, owning a martial arts business means Lord Sugar can learn how to kick *** for free.

Victoria Goulbourne
Lives: Merseyside

Former flight attendant Victoria started her online sweet business during lockdown, which has since become a social media success.

What is your USP?

As a former flight attendant and now a business owner, my customer service skills are unrivalled. I know what consumers want. I’ve travelled all over the world and I’m not afraid to take on a challenge.

I’m direct and outspoken, but this is because I’m passionate and know what works.

I deserve Lord Sugar’s investment as I’m adaptable and have a keen business acumen. During the pandemic I had to change my career suddenly, I identified a gap in the market where there are no pick and mix sweets presented aesthetically. My business took off quickly and with Lord Sugar’s investment I know it could fly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/the-apprentice-2023-candidates

Following the return of the hit BBC show for its 17th series, the owners of a successful Dragon's Den business have questioned why darker-skinned women are being erased from business-style TV shows.

It has been six years since a darker skinned businesswoman appeared on the show after digital marketing manager Joanna Jarjue made it to week 12 in 2017.

Natalie Duvall and Alison Burton, who secured a £50,000 investment from Deborah Meaden and Peter Jones on the 2022 series of Dragon's Den with their business March Muses, have suggested that the lack of darker skinned representation is not acceptable.

In a powerful Instagram post, the pair said that they were "saddened" to see this year's line-up.

They wrote: "Why are Black female entrepreneurs being erased on shows like these? More specifically… darker skinned representation? Where are they? We know they apply and we know there are lots of show researchers who look for “talent” to fill these roles. So what happened this year on @apprenticeuk?

"Yes we know it’s just a TV show… but it has an impact, and why can’t we be a part of it? So many young people watch these shows and you can’t be what you can’t see."

Pointing out that they knew "hundreds of fantastic black female entrepreneurs who have succeeded without shows like these", they insist that they "shouldn't have to fight to be seen".

"As gatekeepers, @bbc need to do better."

Among this year's black and mixed race contestants include Simba Rwambiwa, a senior sales representative from Birmingham, and salon owner Rochelle Anthony from Bedfordshire.

However, Alison Burton told The Voice that she believes that the BBC needs to actively “search to make sure they are properly ticking a diversity box".

"I feel like with black women, they are using a BAME approach, and BAME is a term that I absolutely hate," she said.

"But when they use BAME they can get away with throwing a melting pot of people to tick that diversity box and that’s where we get the ambiguous heritage thrown in there and people will say ‘ok well she’s not white’ or if you have an Asian woman that ticks a box."

She further explained that while she believes that TV shows have sufficient representation for black men, there is a noticeable shortfall when it comes to black women.

Alison continued: "It annoys me that for the men, the darker the berry the sweeter the juice, basically because they are fetishised and it’s that Idris, it’s that they can be whatever colour.

"But for the women, we have to always be the European beauty standard of what they want, that Kim Kardashian kind of exotic look and it doesn’t stop there."

The lack of representation has not gone unnoticed by fans, who took to Twitter to hit out at the show.

One tweeted: "1 black man out of 17 contestants on The apprentice, that is disgraceful."

While another questioned: "Why aren't Black women applying to be on The Apprentice anymore?"

A third wrote: "Not only is there no eye candy on The Apprentice this year, where are the black women?"

"I’ve noticed a lot of reality tv shows in todays time that claim to represent all people have no black women contestants/cast: Love is Blind, The Challenge, The Apprentice are some examples," another pointed out.

A BBC spokesperson told the Mirror: "We are really proud of the black female entrepreneurs that have been on Dragons’ Den and The Apprentice and who have gone on to achieve great success as business leaders.

"Both shows are committed to ensuring we represent the brilliant diversity of our audiences, and the nuances of their experience(s) in business. We strive to do this not only through our selection of entrepreneurs on Dragons’ Den but also with those business owners and professionals who feature on The Apprentice.

"On both of these shows we make active efforts to reach a wide range of black women in business as we know the valuable contribution they make to the UK and global economy, and we are pleased with the diverse range of contestants who have taken part across both series and the contribution they make to the success of those shows.

"However, as always, we will continue to make active efforts to ensure Black Women join Lord Sugar in the boardroom, and can pitch to The Dragons, as we always want to continue to authentically reflect our audiences."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle...sedgntp&cvid=605975a7827046c896e58b23925762f9

The women’s team was woeful in the first episode. Lots of bickering and there could have been more than one sacking to be honest.

The chap in glasses did very well hosting the tour on the men’s team. Had got his homework done.

BBC hit back as The Apprentice accused of ‘erasing darker-skinned women'

The Apprentice has been criticised for its lack of diversity in the latest series. Natalie Duvall and Alison Burton, who have appeared on Dragons' Den, claimed the BBC series has "erased dark-skinned black businesswomen" from the competition which sees hopefuls compete to secure an investment from Lord Sugar.

The pair took to Instagram to share their "sadness" over the lack of "dark-skinned women" on this year's line-up.

The BBC have since hit back at the accusation, insisting they "are committed to ensuring we represent the brilliant diversity of our audiences".

In their Instagram post, Natalie and Alison shared: "Why are Black female entrepreneurs being erased on shows like these? More specifically... darker skinned representation? Where are they?

"We know they apply and we know there are lots of show researchers who look for "talent" to fill these roles. So what happened this year on @apprenticeuk?

"Yes we know it's just a TV show... but it has an impact, and why can't we be a part of it? So many young people watch these shows and you can't be what you can't see."

They added: "We need equity, investment and to be in the boardroom.

"@apprenticeuk 2023 is just a clear example of what is always happening in the corporate world. Black Women Erased! As gatekeepers, @bbc need to do better."

Responding, a BBC spokesperson told Express.co.uk: "We are really proud of the black female entrepreneurs that have been on Dragons' Den and The Apprentice and who have gone on to achieve great success as business leaders.

"Both shows are committed to ensuring we represent the brilliant diversity of our audiences, and the nuances of their experience(s) in business.

"We strive to do this not only through our selection of entrepreneurs on Dragons' Den but also with those business owners and professionals who feature on The Apprentice.

"On both of these shows we make active efforts to reach a wide range of black women in business as we know the valuable contribution they make to the UK and global economy, and we are pleased with the diverse range of contestants who have taken part across both series and the contribution they make to the success of those shows.

"However, as always, we will continue to make active efforts to ensure Black Women join Lord Sugar in the boardroom, and can pitch to The Dragons, as we always want to continue to authentically reflect our audiences."

BBC viewers pointed out the lack of black women on this year's The Apprentice when it returned on Thursday night.

@MissFeyi posted on Twitter: "I've noticed a lot of reality tv shows in todays time that claim to represent all people have no black women contestants/cast: Love is Blind, The Challenge, The Apprentice are some examples."

"Not only is there no eye candy on The Apprentice this year, where are the black women?" @hadleyogarro tweeted.

@Ronkelawal asked: "Why aren't Black women applying to be on The Apprentice anymore?"

@cecediamond replied: "Maybe they're applying but not being chosen."

The Apprentice has not had a darker-skinned woman on the series since digital marketing manager Joanna Jarjue appeared in 2017.

MSN

The Apprentice candidate Shannon Martin made a shocking decision to leave the competition early, as she pulled out of the race to become Lord Sugar’s next business partner on Thursday’s second episode of the new series.

After the first episode saw the candidates fly out to Antigua, on Thursday’s instalment Shannon made the difficult decision to leave, moments before her team found out that they had actually won the task.

Talking about ending her time in the competition, Shannon revealed: ‘I think that going into the process, I was already having some doubts of whether I should go in or not.

‘But when you’re given such an amazing opportunity, you’re not ever going to turn that down, it’s an opportunity of a lifetime that I’m forever grateful for.’

The bridal boutique owner continued: ‘During the bao bun task, I was there in the kitchen thinking “Why am I here? What am I doing here making bao buns in a kitchen when I can’t cook as it is?” I just really felt like I couldn’t focus on the tasks because I was constantly thinking about what was going on at home.

What’s happening with the business? Is everything okay? I knew in the back of my mind that of course everything would be okay, the team are amazing. But I’m a perfectionist, I need to know what’s going on all the time and not being able to know how things were going on at home or what was happening at work was really hard for me.

‘The unknown is definitely not something I’m good at. The more I thought about it, the more I thought, “Am I in here for the right reasons? Do I really want a business partner? Is this what I want? Do I want my life to change?” and it really made me realise I love my life; I love the team and I love everything about my life.

‘I knew that I could potentially win the show, and did I really want to win and have my life completely changed? No, I didn’t.

‘I wasn’t in there for the right reasons.’

She continued: ‘The other candidates are just amazing and there’s so many amazing businesses there that I felt that they deserve to win. I’ve already got a very successful business.

‘I just felt that there were more deserving people there than me and it was not right for me to stay in the process.’

Shannon added that the experience taught her to ‘listen to her gut’. She said: ‘I’ve learned to listen to my gut. If you’ve got a feeling, just go with it. If you have that feeling of what you want to do, just go with it and just do you.’

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...sedgntp&cvid=5fedafcb314d43869c155da3472749e1

SKY

The Apprentice star Shazia Hussain 'allegedly made complaint over co-star'

The Apprentice star Shazia Hussain is said to have made a complaint about fellow candidate Mark Moseley after claiming he racially abused her, it’s been reported.

It’s been alleged that Hussain, a technology recruiter from London, felt ‘distressed’ over an alleged incident involving pest control company owner Moseley, leading to her reaching out to producers of the BBC show.

An insider claimed that the alleged exchange ‘took place on camera’ and the contestants were ‘wearing microphones’ at the time, but it was not included in the finished cut of the programme.

The source told MailOnline: ‘Shazia was really upset by the way she was treated and at times didn’t feel safe living in the Apprentice house.’

‘The show casts candidates of different ethnicities and backgrounds and the expectation is for each person to respect each other, which wasn’t the case during filming of the current series,’ they said.

In a statement sent to Metro.co.uk, a spokesperson for The Apprentice said: ‘The Apprentice has a zero tolerance on racist bullying. The duty of care and welfare of all candidates is of utmost importance and when action is required, we take it.

‘All candidates sign up to strict code of conduct and if there was evidence of racist bullying candidates would be immediately removed from the process. We take all complaints very seriously.’

A source for the show also told us: ‘All candidates receive training before they enter the process as part of established protocols. Top-up training also takes place during filming.’

They also explained that invitations for the final episode of The Apprentice, as well as the You’re Fired and You’re Hired spin-offs, are ‘based on candidate availability and production’s discretion’.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertain...sedgntp&cvid=34659e86dc50455f9445bf676ad0bd4c

The Apprentice star Shazia Hussain 'allegedly made complaint over co-star'

The Apprentice star Shazia Hussain is said to have made a complaint about fellow candidate Mark Moseley after claiming he racially abused her, it’s been reported.

It’s been alleged that Hussain, a technology recruiter from London, felt ‘distressed’ over an alleged incident involving pest control company owner Moseley, leading to her reaching out to producers of the BBC show.

An insider claimed that the alleged exchange ‘took place on camera’ and the contestants were ‘wearing microphones’ at the time, but it was not included in the finished cut of the programme.

The source told MailOnline: ‘Shazia was really upset by the way she was treated and at times didn’t feel safe living in the Apprentice house.’

‘The show casts candidates of different ethnicities and backgrounds and the expectation is for each person to respect each other, which wasn’t the case during filming of the current series,’ they said.

In a statement sent to Metro.co.uk, a spokesperson for The Apprentice said: ‘The Apprentice has a zero tolerance on racist bullying. The duty of care and welfare of all candidates is of utmost importance and when action is required, we take it.

‘All candidates sign up to strict code of conduct and if there was evidence of racist bullying candidates would be immediately removed from the process. We take all complaints very seriously.’

A source for the show also told us: ‘All candidates receive training before they enter the process as part of established protocols. Top-up training also takes place during filming.’

They also explained that invitations for the final episode of The Apprentice, as well as the You’re Fired and You’re Hired spin-offs, are ‘based on candidate availability and production’s discretion’.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertain...sedgntp&cvid=34659e86dc50455f9445bf676ad0bd4c

Moseley, you say..

BBC The Apprentice viewers turn off in disgust as programme bombarded with complaints over 'bullying' interviews

The Apprentice found itself bombarded with complaints after the five remaining contestants were subjected to 'bullying' interviews from Lord Alan Sugar's team. The hit BBC One show returned to screens on Thursday night (March 16) for the penultimate episode of the series.

Dani Donovan, Megan Hornby, Victoria Goulbourne, Rochelle Anthony and Marnie Swindells had their business plans completely brutalised by a panel of Claude Littner, Karren Brady, Mike Soutar and Linda Plant. The segment is always a difficult watch with rigorous scrutiny fired at the contestants to filter out any weaknesses.

But this year, the brutal watch seemed particularly ruthless, with the process becoming too much for both Victoria and Dani, both of whom ended up in tears during their time with Baroness Brady.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertain...p&cvid=0b8a685dd07949faae84060fd7cc39b0&ei=21

The Apprentice star Shazia Hussain claimed that she experienced ‘racist bullying’ during her stint on the show.

It’s been alleged that Hussain, a technology recruiter from London, was ‘verbally abused’ by her fellow co-stars after she came up with a giraffe character named Yogita during a task to create a pre-school cartoon, but some of the other members of her team felt children wouldn’t be able to pronounce the name.

Reflecting on the moment, the former TV personality, 40, admitted that she was ‘exposed to aggression’ because of it, adding: ‘I think it was racist.’

Although her team ended up winning the task, Hussain revealed show bosses brought in a ‘diversity specialist’ to speak with the hopefuls but nothing changed.

‘They [the BBC] brought in a diversity specialist to talk to everyone but I feel nothing changed. The teams were also rearranged but I feel the bullying continued,’ she told The Sun.

In a statement sent to Metro.co.uk, a spokesperson told Metro.co.uk: ‘The Apprentice has a zero-tolerance policy on any kind of bullying or threatening behaviour. As soon as Shazia raised a concern an investigation was conducted and she received in-person support from senior members of the production team.

‘The Apprentice has a strict code of conduct and we take all complaints very seriously and investigate when needed. As a result, when action is required, we take it.’

They continued: ‘Throughout the process there is always somebody on hand to deal with any concerns including five members of the production team who live in the house with the candidates during filming. If anyone wants to leave the house or the process, candidates are free to do so at any time.

‘Since the beginning of the process, Shazia, along with all other candidates, has been, and continues to be, offered extensive and ongoing support, in all aspects of welfare (including managing social media), from BBC and the production company. Duty of care to all our candidates is our highest priority and the support offered to candidates before, during and after is paramount.’

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertain...1&cvid=89d6512537d4489196fb550bce438aeb&ei=27

I think these guys have so much courage - I would never be able to do this!

I wonder how much of the show is scripted. I have been watching Apprentice since the beginning, and with each series, it seems more and more scripted. Of course, that makes for good entertainment.

All Apprentice winners secure £250,000 investment from Alan Sugar and get his advice for their first year, too — but new winner Marnie Swindells should be warned that not all of them find it leads to success.

Sian Gabbidon, who won the 2018 series, has put her swimwear company into voluntary liquidation.

Gabbidon, 30, started the company in February 2018 but quit as secretary and director last month after agreeing to wind up the business.

According to the latest company accounts for Sian Marie Fashion Ltd, a voluntary liquidator was appointed on March 1 after Gabbidon passed a resolution on February 17 to shut down the firm.

The last available accounts, filed in March 2022 for the year ending June 30, 2021, showed it had assets of £130,284.

Sian sold just 400 of her bespoke swimsuits during the first two years of trading.

In October last year, Sian already hinted there was trouble in paradise when she confirmed she was no longer working with Lord Sugar.

She told Fubar Radio: 'We parted ways, I decided that I wanted to do my own thing.'

She continued: 'We had four years together, it’s been a rollercoaster of a journey, and for me, it was taking back my business and doing things my own way.'

Adding of the moment she broke the news to Lord Sugar, Sian said: 'It was just a conversation… we kind of came to an agreement and now I’m just living my best life, I guess.

Alan Sugar has taken a risk, but if executed well, I see Marnie being hugely successful. I totally understand the concept, she wants to bring the grit from amateur boxing gyms, into an accessible high end gym facility with experienced boxing trainers. Traditional gyms offer ‘boxercise’ which isn’t really boxing but designed for people who want to throw some hands, burn a few calories and have fun doing so because they would never entertain going to a proper boxing gym given how stereotyped they are, I think there is interest to capitalise on because learning the technique and fundamentals can be just as fun, having excellent trainers will be key to and Boxing is booming amongst the casuals, London isn’t a bad place to start. This season had some bad candidates but I quiet like Marnie, a very determined character and even without experience, I think it’s rare to find people in business who are so passionate in the product or service they are selling, am not certain but I think she may be from a travelling background to, Boxing is in her blood, good pick in my opinion.

Lord Alan Sugar has enjoyed a multi-million pound pay-out after selling his stake in a skincare business run by a former contestant on The Apprentice.

The business magnate and TV personality cashed in after a £200,000 investment in 2011 in Tropic Skincare, founded by entrepreneur Susie Ma.

He also acquired a 50% share in the retailer, which sells freshly made skincare and cosmetics products and is thought to have been one of Lord Sugar’s most successful investments from the BBC One business show.

The buyout of Tropic means Ms Ma will regain full ownership of the brand which she founded in 2004 at the age of 15.

Lord Sugar said the fast-growing business has been “nothing short of remarkable” since his investment, having recorded a turnover of more than £90 million in 2021 and a pre-tax profit of £10.5 million.

The value of the sale has not been disclosed but Lord Sugar is set to make a multimillion-pound profit as a result, the PA news agency understands.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/oth...p&cvid=d69f3875b24d45bdaf0ff501bd940445&ei=21

Alan Sugar has taken a risk, but if executed well, I see Marnie being hugely successful. I totally understand the concept, she wants to bring the grit from amateur boxing gyms, into an accessible high end gym facility with experienced boxing trainers. Traditional gyms offer ‘boxercise’ which isn’t really boxing but designed for people who want to throw some hands, burn a few calories and have fun doing so because they would never entertain going to a proper boxing gym given how stereotyped they are, I think there is interest to capitalise on because learning the technique and fundamentals can be just as fun, having excellent trainers will be key to and Boxing is booming amongst the casuals, London isn’t a bad place to start. This season had some bad candidates but I quiet like Marnie, a very determined character and even without experience, I think it’s rare to find people in business who are so passionate in the product or service they are selling, am not certain but I think she may be from a travelling background to, Boxing is in her blood, good pick in my opinion.
[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] did you follow this season? I think this is a brilliant idea, wouldn't mind joining such a gym in Brum

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] did you follow this season? I think this is a brilliant idea, wouldn't mind joining such a gym in Brum

i dont know about her gym, but having had a passing curiosity i googled in the past and they tend to be quite expensive, where i work at least.

id like to give it a go just for the lols, i did some in cuba once, with a former amateur champ, was tiring and my hands hurt like hell the next day, but was deffo fun.

Back