• The Deathly Hallows Part 2

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

World Star
Runs
Post of the Week
This is the time of year when the famous series of modern fantasy films featuring the bespectacled boy wizard often enjoys a rewatch in households across the UK.

But which is the best of the eight films in your view? (and why?)

Add your vote. :)

It's been a while since I've watched this series but I remember the 3rd one being amazing. Every Potter movie is good/great except for TDH pt 1.

I like all of these films.

Usually over the winter there will be a full rewatch with the family.

It’s an excellent series with a superb ensemble cast — a who’s who of British actors.

I have cast my vote for the final film in the series, as I think it’s a perfect finale & very replayable.

Honourable mention to the Goblet of Fire as I love Voldemort’s return.

If ignoring the books, Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows 2 are the best one.

As adaptations, Prisoner of Azkaban was probably the best one.

As bad adaptation, Half Blood Prince and Order of Phoenix are the ones.

Goblet Of Fire was the worst made HP movie in general, over acting, poor direction, cringe moments, emo hair. The only good part of the film was the sequence in graveyard.

The dark, bleak atmosphere and impending doom captured in the Half Blood Prince is so underrated.
Wish they could make it a little more grand by including more Dumbledore's memories, better funeral scene(like in the book which captured the stature of Dumbledore extremely well) and putting a little more focus on Draco's inner torment and creating some better love story between Harry and Ginny (which in the movie was wooden and their chemistry was absent)

Rating:

1. Goblet of Fire
2. Prisoner of Azkaban
3. Deathly Hallows part 2
4. Half Blood Prince
5. Order of the Pheonix
6. Deathly Hallows Part 1
7. Chamber of Secrets
8. Philosopher’s Stone

The 2nd easily, the first two films are by fast the best in the series. You really see how magic is used in the day to day lives of all the characters, there's a real sense of wonder and magic to the whole thing and the right amount of serious/emotional weight when its needed. Also, I loved Richard Harris as Dumbledore, he fitted perfectly for me.

3-5 are also very good films, but its very notable after the 2nd they become significantly darker and more depressing, but still good. 6 onwards are just downright disappointing, just a war film but replace the guns with wands (then again the books didnt give them much leeway in this regard)

Prisoner of Azkaban after watching that movie I went back and read all the books, so that one is my fav movie but once i read the books I have to say first two were the best.

Movies:
1. Half Blood Prince
2. Deathly Hallows 2
3. Deathly Hallows 1
4. Philosopher's Stone
5. Prisoner of Azkaban
6. Goblet of Fire
7. Order of the Phoenix
8. Chamber of Secrets

Books:
1. Goblet of Fire
2. Order of the Phoenix
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Deathly Hallows
5. Half Blood Prince
6. Philosopher's Stone
7. Chamber of Secrets

This is the time of year when the famous series of modern fantasy films featuring the bespectacled boy wizard often enjoys a rewatch in households across the UK.

Why is it rewatched during the new year? Is there any significance? The books were always released before school began in September of any given year.

3-5 are also very good films, but its very notable after the 2nd they become significantly darker and more depressing, but still good. 6 onwards are just downright disappointing, just a war film but replace the guns with wands (then again the books didnt give them much leeway in this regard)

I loved Goblet of Fire but the movie was mediocre. The director said it didn't even read the book and it showed: no Quidditch World Cup, no details regarding the tasks, Mad Eye being an obvious giveaway in parts but an excessive focus on things like the Yule Ball. Didn't add up.

Why is it rewatched during the new year? Is there any significance? The books were always released before school began in September of any given year.

Christmas & New Year. I am not sure what has led to this tendency, other than the fact that a number of the films were released in UK cinemas in the lead up to Christmas, and the films are sometimes replayed on TV in order around this time. They’re not festive films per se, but with the magical theme and being suitable for all ages, a lot of families will watch them (and this is the time of year when families get together).

I only watched the first one and didn’t like it.

I don’t rate Potter. Found it derivative, and the writing prosaic.

I only watched the first one and didn’t like it.

I don’t rate Potter. Found it derivative, and the writing prosaic.

Oh no :(

Worth giving the films another go perhaps ?

Oh no :(

Worth giving the films another go perhaps ?

Millennials all seem to like Potter.

Let’s just say that when the first LoTR film was released I thought “Move over Harry, the big boys are here”.

Are they worthy of a rewatch?

I think so.

I've watched a few of them recently once again and really enjoyed them.

There's something special about the first 2 films - the innocence, the acting, the freshness :)

I think so.

I've watched a few of them recently once again and really enjoyed them.

There's something special about the first 2 films - the innocence, the acting, the freshness :)

There are two reasons for that:
1. Chris Columbus directed both of them (he also directed Home Alone 1 and 2,Mrs.Doubtfire, Adventures in babysitting so he knows how to portray innocence in a movie)
2. They were closest to the book.

The actor Sir Michael Gambon has died in hospital aged 82, his family say.

He was best known for playing Professor Albus Dumbledore in six of the eight Harry Potter films.

Sir Michael also appeared in Fantastic Mr. Fox, played French detective Maigret and starred in The Singing Detective.
His widow and son said their beloved husband and father died peacefully with his family by his side after suffering from pneumonia.

Source: BBC

Very sad to hear, he was a formidable part of my childhood so it feels like losing a relative :(
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

1695903653521.png

oh man. thats a tough one. He seemed one of those guys who were genuinely nice on and off screen. RIP Michael

Great actor!

The legendary actors who knew how to keep the memories of the empire alive through their work are slowly diminishing.

Was he casted as dumbledore before Rowling revealed Dumbledore is actually a gay character? Or did he adapt his style accordingly once it was revealed by her?

Was he casted as dumbledore before Rowling revealed Dumbledore is actually a gay character? Or did he adapt his style accordingly once it was revealed by her?
The revelation had come much later after all the books were out. He had been playing Dumbledore long before that.
Rest in peace Michael. Even though your portrayal of Albus Dumbledore was far too aggressive for my liking yet you would remain an indispensable part of my childhood memories.

It's been a while but I like the 4th one best. They became little too gloomy after that.

My Rankings

Goblet
Prisoner
Stone
Chamber
Half Blood
5th
Last one
Second last one.

I didn't really like last 3 books tbh. So that may have coloured my opinion on films.

Worst scene of whole series was Anime type fight between Harry and Voldemort in the end.

In my opinion, the best Harry Potter film is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban because this film has done justice to the original book and has the best adaptation of the book.

1696095599901.png

Seeing Babars classy lofted coverdrive yesterday reminded me of this scene from Order of the Phoenix
love him or hate him, he's got style

Prisoner of Azkaban was my favorite. Perfect from start to finish.

It has to be the first one, the Philosopher’s Stone.
And honestly speaking the movies only got darker and relatively worse.

But without a question this series is part of folklore and part of the 90s kids growing up.

It has to be the first one, the Philosopher’s Stone.
And honestly speaking the movies only got darker and relatively worse.

But without a question this series is part of folklore and part of the 90s kids growing up.

To be honest, I liked it more as it got darker. As it got darker, I found the stakes to be more compelling and got more hooked into the storyline

In my opinion, the best Harry Potter film is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban because this film has done justice to the original book and has the best adaptation of the book.
My personal favorite as well

Back