"There comes a time for people to move on. PCB has fresh ideas, there will be changes" : Wasim Khan

Abdullah719

T20I Captain
Runs
"There comes a time for people to move on. PCB has fresh ideas, there will be changes" : Wasim Khan

PCB CEO Wasim Khan at a press conference today:

MCC is touring Pakistan in February, we have spoken to them over the last 2-3 months. They are coming to Pakistan after 50 years, it will be a tour of Lahore. Sangakkara will captain the team. It's a major coup for us that a high-profile team will come. We will announce their itinerary and squad in January, 2020.

The whole nation is uniting for cricket, you'll have differences and opinion about PCB but we're all united on bringing cricket back to Pakistan.

We've been speaking to South Africa about playing 3 T20Is in Pakistan towards the end of March. The Board have signed off on it, we're waiting for the South Africa players to confirm they are happy. They have had some leadership changes but insha'Allah we'll have good news for that in the next few weeks.

We will have the PSL at 4 venues in Pakistan: Karachi, Lahore, Multan and Rawalpindi. The venues will be ready, and we'll be ready to take on the challenge.

I am very happy with some of the things we achieved in Australia. Australia will come to play in Pakistan in 2022 which was a part of the FTP. They were due to play 2 Test matches and 3 T20Is, we've agreed that they will play 3 Test matches. It's important we play more Test cricket so there will be 3 Tests. We've agreed in principle that the Test series between 2023 and 2031 will all consist of 3 Test matches, and we will play more often. We play them every 3-4 years, but our wish is to play against them more often on a home and away basis.

The Pakistan A team will be called ‘The Shaheens’ moving forward. The other thing I discussed with Cricket Australia is about A tours. We are looking at an arrangement where our team plays in Australia and they come here and play. Before 2022, we're hoping they will send an A team to Pakistan. I'm looking at a 4 year cycle for A tours with Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand. We go to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka but we don't play the other big nations as much. We need to get our players ready for conditions that they face across the world and we need to expose our guys to conditions in those countries.

I've spoken to NSW about a scholarship programme to get some of our best boys and girls an opportunity to go training and play club cricket in Sydney, practice and go to the High-Performance Centre. I visited the Brisbane HP Centre and that's something that we should be aiming to emulate, that should be our vision and goal of what a HP Centre should look like.

We planned and implemented a new domestic structure in 7 months. We had visits by the CA, ECB, Cricket Ireland as well. All this happens because of relationships. We're now as Pakistan cricket, are building our credibility around the world. People don't just come and agree to things, you have to have dialogues, discussions and debates to make things happen.

We will increase the number of domestic games we live stream. We will look at improving wickets. We have Andy Atkinson of the ICC coming on January 3rd, he will assess our wickets and run workshops for the groundsmen and help us develop that. He will keep visiting over the next 6-8 months to help us develop our wickets.

We have spent 3.6 billion rupees on our domestic structure over the past 3 years, but we can't sustain that over a long period of time. We're in conversations with sponsors and in the next 3 months, we will be announcing sponsors for the cricket associations which will allow us to spend some of that money elsewhere. We have plans for developing the NCA and these are the things we have to be investing in, the grassroots, schools and club cricket. The money we save from spending in the domestic structure, part of it can go towards the grassroots.

I stepped down as the Chairman of the Cricket Committee. Despite a lot of frantic calls from people, I hadn't resigned as the CEO which some people thought. It was always intended when Mohsin Khan stepped down that I would do it on an interim basis. It's not ideal if your CEO is also your Cricket Committee Chairman. I will, however, remain on the Committee and it remains an advisory committee to the board. We're looking at 2-3 members to be part of this including a new, independent chairman and an ex-cricketer. We want to revamp the committee and have the next meeting before the Bangladesh series and plan a calendar year where we meet 4 times. Wasim Akram will stay on the committee, Urooj Mumtaz will also remain as the Women's representative. We will be looking at other reps. Currently, we have too many people from PCB there so that will change and it will be ready for January.

The Test team is based on the Head Coach's vision. Sarfaraz had significant contributions and we haven't seen the last of him, he's a good man and he's gotten fit and he will perform and knock on the door again. Azhar has just started as captain. It was a tough initiation in Australia, we've seen what's happening to New Zealand now. It's a hard place to tour. I have no doubt that his performances will pick up. To say this is make or break for him is a bit premature.

We can't do anything about India right now, we will keep dialogue options open with BCCI. Ultimately, they need permission from the government, so our focus is on teams we can play but we never lose hope, we hope one day we'll play India again whether it's at a neutral venue or Pakistan but at the moment it's out of our control.

I'm very aware of the politics in Pakistan cricket. I'm here because of Pakistan cricket and I've come here to contribute to Pakistan cricket. We've managed to get things done.

I can't speak too much about investigations at NCA. What was going to happen first was a suspension followed by an investigation but he (Ali Zia) decided to resign. That doesn't mean the investigation won't happen.

Regarding Mudassar Nazar, when I joined PCB, he made it clear he probably wanted to do 1 more year. With what's happened with Ali Zia, I think Mudassar wanted to make his position clear because it takes time to find replacements. He wanted to make sure there was no speculation about his position so he announced it 6 months in advance.

We will have an update about the PSL Executive in the next few days.

Our relationship with the PSL franchise owners is a positive one, we don't agree on everything but that's part and parcel of it. We're pretty much there in terms of the fees, we're still waiting for 1-2 outstanding payments to reveal the revenue shares for the PSL owners but we're nearly there. The process is something we need to learn from, we need to be better and quicker. This year hasn't been acceptable, we've been too slow to provide details around revenue shares etc., they are big investors in the game in Pakistan and we're thankful and respect them. Both sides need to be better.

We haven't had a psychologist with our team recently. It's about pressure, one thing that has always been said about our team is that once the pressure starts, we can't cope. We have talented cricketers but in any modern sport, you need support, you need a psychologist and we're talking about that and we will bring someone in.

We are developing HPCs for the Cricket Associations. They will have psychologists working with players coming through, the A tours, U19s, U16s. The days or not having psychologists, thinking that talent alone is enough, those days are gone.

Our 6 CA head coaches work closely with Nadeem Khan who is a selection coordinator. He is working closely with Misbah as well and now majority of the burden sits with him, he provides information to Misbah.

Wasim Akram won't be Chairman of the Cricket Committee.

We have spoken to Australia already and we are in talks with England, NZ and SA regarding exchange programmes, it's important for us to give young players exposure. I have spoken to Leicestershire and a couple of other counties regarding pre-season training. Our facilities at NCA are good, this will happen slowly slowly. The MCC tour will bring a lot of credibility to Pakistan. After that, we are hopeful that counties and teams from other countries will come. We are taking small steps, you can't do it all at once.

The new structure will take time to have effect, one year won't change things. Our previous structure was there for many years and it failed. We are ranked 8/6 in Tests/ODIs. This has happened over a period of time. We are moving in the right direction now.

There comes a time for people to move on. The PCB has fresh ideas and there will be changes, more changes going forward.

Nothing has been proven against Wasim Akram, he remains a legend of the game in Pakistan as does Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq, Waqar Younis, etc. These guys are icons, you go to any country and people talk about them and what they have achieved. I think we should continue to respect them.

Azhar Ali has been captain for 2-3 months, is it fair to judge him on that time period? Give him time as you want to give time to the coaches, as I wanted time when I came into this position. You need time to do something.

Misbah's decisions in terms of selection are up to him. Accountability is with one person, give him time and then judge him.

Regarding the T20 performances, it's not good enough. It's not acceptable that we're losing matches. Australia was a tough tour, but we lost both matches by an innings. We're not blind to all of this, we're looking at these things. Let him operate for a year and we'll see where we after that.

We are in talks with departments regarding keeping a competition going between them. We will find a window for it for maybe 2-3 weeks where they can play a department competition, for example. The departments have been positive about supporting and sponsoring cricket. A number of them will be involved moving forward. In 2-3 months, we'll be in a position to announce that.

We are in correspondence with Bangladesh. They are happy to play T20Is in Pakistan but are reluctant to play 2 Tests in Pakistan. I've written to BCB and I've been very strong in my response and asked them for the reason why. ICC have signed off on our security plans. Sri Lanka will complete 2 Test matches safely here; all security provisions are in place. We have asked BCB why they don't want to come. The matter is not finished and it doesn't mean they won't come. They are talking about playing T20Is but for us, playing Test cricket in another country isn't an option now.

If politics were weighing me down, I would have gone back to the UK 5 months ago. For me, it doesn't matter, I'm focused on my work. I've come here because I want to help Pakistan cricket. I won't get everything right, I'll take it on the chin and move forward.

Our NOC policy is a little confusing and we are reviewing it and we will get it right. We need to give players the opportunity to go and play abroad, the experience will benefit Pakistan cricket. Particularly now, when the domestic cricket isn't being played for a period of time.

One of our players was approached at the Qatar T10, he informed the authorities and informed us. That information has been passed on to the ICC. This is what we teach players in our education programmes, as soon as you're approached, you let somebody know. There have been incidents in the past 7-8 months where approaches have been made and players have told the authorities and we have escalated it and handed it over to ICC.

7-8 months ago, England told us that the women's team won't come to Pakistan. We have made a lot of progress since then, but they had already announced that previously.

For the Abu Dhabi T10, the organiser emailed us and asked for permission, but we said our players won't be available. But they went through agents, through players directly so we reluctantly issued conditional NOCs, but we decided to hold camps, etc. and some of the players went to Australia so we called these guys back. With the Qatar T10, there is no domestic cricket now, so the players are free to go. But we need to have clarity about the NOCs, that's something we will work on over the next couple of weeks.

Younis Khan is a legend of the game, I have a good relationship with him. In terms of him not coming for the Karachi Test (refusing invitation), that's his wish. Whatever grievances he has with the PCB are his personal thing. On the other side, we have the Wasim Akrams of the world who work with us but, there are some who are not working with us and they won't be happy about this. It's upsetting and disappointing that there's so many ex-players who have a history with PCB and haven't had good experiences. I need to mend these relationships. Younis Khan is a good friend and he's a good human being and we need such people involved in Pakistan cricket.

Misbah has a 3 year contract but every staff member of the PCB has an appraisal of their work after 1 year. That applies to me as well and it will apply to Misbah too. We have to give him time, but it's about results at the end of the day and he will also be judged on results. We're backing him, he's our Head Coach and we still believe he's the right man for the job.

We will retrain some of the NCA coaches. To create high performance, you need high performance coaches. At the moment, there's some very good coaches and some not very good coaches working in the system.

With Mudassar Nazar leaving and Ali Zia having departed, it's a chance for us to revamp the NCA so that we can start moving in a different direction.

Natural talent continues to come through but it's not enough in professional sport. We are creating a system to support them and allow them to be the best that they can be. It will take time.

We are trying to get players involved with county cricket. We want to send players early to England again. Babar will potentially play for Somerset; Abbas will go to Nottinghamshire. We're trying to get 1 or 2 of the batters, we're speaking to counties. That will help them get practice, the conditions will be different from Australia. We need to plan properly as it will be a difficult series.

We have correspondence with UAE, we have history with them and we've worked with them. They have been good to us for a long period of time. I think everything is fine now and hopefully it won't affect the relationship going forward.

Anti-Corruption issues don't help our credibility, particularly when we're playing against top international teams. They've said in the past, why should we play you? When we don't know if it's a real game or not. We are working hard, we have a good anti-corruption team and we are working closely with the ICC. We will have zero tolerance on this matter moving forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Each CA having a HPC is a good step but it'll be of no use if they don't have competent coaches there and rehire the same dinosaurs that've been around for decades.

For years we have seen too many young, technically deficient cricketers emerge from the system where their grasp of even basics like seam position and how to bowl with new ball is lacking. That's a damning indictment of our grassroots infrastructure.

Also what's the use of this Cricket Committee when it only meets 4 times a year and is only an advisory board ?

There should be a full-time Director of Cricket who oversees domestic, A team and U19 cricket, as well as the coaches and selectors. That'll free up Wasim Khan to focus on the administrative side with matters like the restoration of international cricket, PSL, managing relations with other boards and commercial issues.

Also what's the use of this Cricket Committee when it only meets 4 times a year and is only an advisory board ?

There should be a full-time Director of Cricket who oversees domestic, A team and U19 cricket, as well as the coaches and selectors. That'll free up Wasim Khan to focus on the administrative side with matters like the restoration of international cricket, PSL, managing relations with other boards and commercial issues.

this is pakistan bro, if wasim khan split duties like that it would leave the system ripe for exploitation, by calming the ceo and / or director of cricket don't do enough, to force out meritorious selections and shove in political appointments.

your idea is right for a functioning system of governance, but wasim khan needs to save himself too

Well, it's there now. I wonder who the two new members will be, particularly the Chairman. Hopefully some stable personalities... (where can we find those?)

He's made some mistakes, but there is no doubt Wasim Khan has been the biggest positive change in PCB for years.

Well, it's there now. I wonder who the two new members will be, particularly the Chairman. Hopefully some stable personalities... (where can we find those?)

We are always read to serve :inzi2 :afridi

Really hope to see high performance centres around pak with facilities like Australia have like bowling machines, gymnasium and swimming pools.

this is pakistan bro, if wasim khan split duties like that it would leave the system ripe for exploitation, by calming the ceo and / or director of cricket don't do enough, to force out meritorious selections and shove in political appointments.

your idea is right for a functioning system of governance, but wasim khan needs to save himself too

True. Despite the on-field woes, Wasim Khan deserves huge credit for revamping these underlying structures. The changes may bear fruit after he's gone but I've spoken endlessly for the last 10 years here about academies, A tours, domestic structure etc. It ain't glamorous but these systems need putting in place if we're to compete with the best again.

Previous regimes, however, such as Sethi's were only concerned with the shiny objects (PSL, bringing cricket home) and let the underlying structure rot, which is probably a reflection of the way the previous government worked.

He needs to read the Qayyum Report.

Wasim Akram was found guilty of several offences and barred from positions of responsibility.

He’s holding his own quite well. Despite the usual trash in the media he’s kept moving forward with his ideas. That in itself is admiring because let’s face it...dealing with our ppl and their taunts, false accusations, drama, etc.. will mentally r*tard you for life. If he can go one for 3 full years, we will flush a lot of waste that’s floating everywhere in our institutions.

These are far reaching actions that will take time to bear fruit. I hope he doesn’t get dissuaded by the usual suspects doing the usual things

He needs to read the Qayyum Report.

Wasim Akram was found guilty of several offences and barred from positions of responsibility.

Wasim Akram, beyond the Qayyum report, is happy to join the easy gigs where they meet 4 times a year without any preparation, agenda, or next steps. And then he goes on Commentary gigs in UK and Australia to poke fun fun at how the board doesn’t call him.
His seriousness to anything in Pakistan cricket can be seen in how proudly ignorant he is happy to be when asked about any up and coming player as happened on the Australia tour

HBL PSL 2020 will be a catalyst for making game accessible to fans around the country

· PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan discusses upcoming PCB Cricket Committee meeting; explains the rationale for proposed T20I matches against South Africa in Rawalpindi

· “Infrastructure improvement will help expand future HBL PSLs.”

Lahore, 12 February 2020:

With the fifth edition of HBL Pakistan Super League 2020 just around the corner, the level of excitement in this cricket-mad nation continues to surge every day. As many as 34 matches will be played over 32 days, but the fact that these contests will be held in four cities – Karachi, Lahore, Multan and Rawalpindi – adds to the fervour.

Wasim Khan, the Chief Executive of the Pakistan Cricket Board, believes the upcoming edition will take the game to more and more audiences in the country, which, in turn, will help in normalising the staging of top-flight cricket in the country.

“The easy thing for us could have been to host HBL PSL 2020 matches in just Lahore and Karachi, but we wanted to take this league wider as we were bringing it to Pakistan for the first time,” Wasim told PCB.

“We want to make the game accessible to fans all over the country so they can watch their heroes in action and this edition is going to be a catalyst for it.

“By next year, we want to be in a position to add a couple of more venues. We are looking to develop more and more venues which provides us an opportunity to take the game around the country.

“We are looking at Peshawar, Multan, Faisalabad, which hosted the National T20 Cup and needs a little upgradation after which it can be an international venue, and Hyderabad, for which we are working with Sindh government for it upgradation.”

The HBL PSL has played a vital role in the complete resumption of international cricket in the country. After eight HBL PSL matches in Karachi last year, Sri Lanka toured Karachi for a three-match ODI series in September and returned for the second of the two-match Test series in the metropolitan city in December.

Over the past few months, Rawalpindi’s Pindi Cricket Stadium has also been included in the roaster of venues which have hosted international cricket in the recent years and it will host eight matches.

With South Africa expected to tour Pakistan in late March for a three-match T20I series, the PCB Chief Executive revealed that he had pitched Rawalpindi as a venue for the matches to Cricket South Africa.

“The tour of South Africa is very much a waiting game now and by the end of the month we should have a clear position. Their head of security is expected in Pakistan during the initial games of the HBL Pakistan Super League. He has all the security plans for each of the different venues.

“He and the board of South Africa are very comfortable with touring. We have to make it work logistically as South Africa finish the tour of India on 18 March and we don’t finish the HBL PSL till 22 March.

“For them to go back and come again won’t be possible so we will have to see whether we can have them sit in the UAE for six or eight and provide them the support and practice facilities or we fly them straight in here and provide all that here.

“Lahore and Karachi venues have been diluted because we have been playing our entire cricket here and because of that the wickets here are also suffering. We now have Rawalpindi as a venue available.

“For me, it makes sense to go there and play the three matches. I have suggested Rawalpindi as a venue to South Africa and they are comfortable with the suggestion.”

The PCB announced a new Cricket Committee last month which will now be headed by former Test spinner Iqbal Qasim. The revamped Cricket Committee will now have representatives of current domestic cricketers, match officials and women’s cricket and it will hold its first session on 19 February in Karachi.

The committee has invited Misbah-ul-Haq, chief selector and head coach, and Haroon Rasheed, PCB Director – Domestic Cricket Operations, for updates and briefings on the Pakistan national men’s team’s run and the learnings from the implementation of the new domestic structure.

The committee will meet quarterly to advice PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani on cricket-related matters.

Speaking on the PCB Cricket Committee, Wasim said: “It is a new-look, a new-feel cricket committee. We are meeting on 19 February a day before the PSL in Karachi and we will put down three more meetings in the diary so we are very clear on the direction we are taking.

“We have revamped the Cricket Committee after Misbah left that group. It was very important for us to streamline it. I was filling in the role of the chairman of the committee after Mohsin Khan decided to stand down. It is never good governance for any organistaion when CEO is also a chair of such a committee.

“If there are four or five PCB staffers sitting on the committee the recommendations it makes wouldn’t be independent. So, I was very clear in my mind that I will not continue in that role. Now there will be Zakir Khan, PCB Director – International Cricket Operations, to help set up meetings and I will be sitting there as co-opt member.

“We will have Misbah for the first meeting to update on the selection matters and talk us about the performances in Australia. We will be having Haroon Rashid to have a thorough look at the domestic season and he will be updating us on the learnings from this season and how are we implementing them moving forward.

“We will also be discussion how we will implement a thorough report on the status of pitches in Pakistan which was submitted to us by Andy Atkinson when he was here in January. There are a lot of things that we are going to touch upon but I want us to be focus in those meetings.

“The cricket committee was always set up as an advisory committee. It always had a strong sway and strong rationale for why it was set up. It will provide wide-ranging and firm recommendations to the chairman, which he will take very seriously as it is the group which has the expertise.

“The issues which are being discussed in this committee are very much relevant to the people of Pakistan and to Pakistan cricket.”

Everything sounds great. I think most people now think Wasim Khan is doing a good job with Pakistan cricket, which is fantastic news, as it is not easy to win over the Pakistani public and Pak cricketing media, especially.

I like this focus on the cricket committee, whether it is effective or not depends on the quality of personnel, but it is a good idea and the issues they are discussing, including the selection issues on the Australia tour, is a good sign. This is because Pak cricket has always suffered from amnesia - as soon as some good results at home come around, we stop talking about the poor results in Aus. We have to reflect more deeply about the errors made on that tour. I hope this committee is able to do that and doesn’t end up as a ‘yes-man’ contingent for our chief selector-coach. Some glaring errors I would like discussed include - the non-selection of Mohd Abbas in the first test; the selection of Imran Khan Snr in the squad; the selection and playing of Mohammad Musa when he clearly was not ready; not selecting Usman Khan Shinwari for the tests especially. These were bad errors and should not be papered over because of good results against soft opposition in SL and BD.

Last edited:
I am dissatisfied with the work on the HBL PSL this season, the opening ceremony does not sound promising, list of commentators does not sound promising, the song was average. Not very promising signs so far

I think they main aim for Wasim Khan now should be to bring in sponsorship for first class cricket .

Then heavily invest on in grass roots, including school and club cricket, until we don’t have strong club cricket our first class structure will never succeed, mainly due to the fact we’re will completion we coming from for first class cricketers apart from under 19’s?

Finally would love Wasim Khan to set up under 25 league for players who are too old for under 19 cricket but not good enough for first class cricket. Everyone matures and improves differently and would be criminal too lose any potential talent.

This man Wasim Khan is absolutely brilliant. In PCB latest podcast he was saying how they he was talking with MCC about a tour to Pakistan. MCC didnt have enough money left on their budget so he raised funds from two sponsors in England. That is absolutely brilliant:thumbsup

Just over a year now and Alhamdulillah, Wasim Khan and PCB have accomplished the following:

Bringing Test Cricket Back
Bring the haul of HBL PSL back to Pakistan in 2020
Start Restructuring PCB
Start Restructuring Domestic Cricket

In Wasim Khan's first press conference on Feb 6, the above are the main points that he would want to accomplish and so far let me tell he is doing brilliantly. Inshallah WASIM KHAN will do many more great things for the betterment of PAKISTAN CRICKET

A SUCCESSFUL PERSON IS THE ONE THAT SAYS HE WILL DO SOMETHING AND ACTUALLY DOES IT.

Just over a year now and Alhamdulillah, Wasim Khan and PCB have accomplished the following:

Start Restructuring PCB

In Wasim Khan's first press conference on Feb 6, the above are the main points that he would want to accomplish and so far let me tell he is doing brilliantly. Inshallah WASIM KHAN will do many more great things for the betterment of PAKISTAN CRICKET

A SUCCESSFUL PERSON IS THE ONE THAT SAYS HE WILL DO SOMETHING AND ACTUALLY DOES IT.

Like Donald Trump is reaping the benefits of Barack Obama's work, Wasim Khan is reaping the benefits of najam sethi's work.

Start Restructuring PCB

Wasim Khan deserves no credit from bringing Test cricket back and hosting full PSL in Pakistan.

He is simply capitalizing on the good work of Sethi and Shahryar by being in the right place at the right time.

Hosting Test cricket and PSL in Pakistan today is a lot easier than convincing teams to play a few matches in Pakistan 3-4 years back.

Those successful matches in Pakistan from 2015 Zimbabwe tour onwards restored our reputation bit by bit, convincing teams that Pakistan now has the capacity to provide adequate security.

As far as restructuring domestic cricket is concerned, he didn’t do anything. He only implemented the plan chalked up by Imran.

A plan that has worked for Australia but is unlikely to be suitable for Pakistan because we have way too many active cricketers, and a lot of successful domestic players have been rendered jobless by the abolishment of the departments.

This current model is not sustainable. We will either go back to departmental cricket or increase the number of teams to around 10.

Wasim”professional” Khan’s greatest gift to Pakistan cricket has been the appointment of Misbah as coach and selector with literally zero prior experience on both fronts, and they way he went about the process of appointing him was a complete farce.

Firstly, he allowed Misbah to decide Mickey’s future when the former was hungry for the latter’s position.

Secondly, he handed the job over to Misbah before PCB advertised the role.

It was a completely unprofessional that will only accelerate the decline of an already rapidly declining team.

ECB should thank their lucky stars that they got rid of Wasim Khan. He would have turned England into Ireland.

The only reason he landed the Pakistan job was by playing the “I left England to help Pakistan cricket” drama.

Pakistan cricket is in such a miserable position that our fans get excited over nothing until they get a reality-check.

Wasim Khan deserves no credit from bringing Test cricket back and hosting full PSL in Pakistan.

He is simply capitalizing on the good work of Sethi and Shahryar by being in the right place at the right time.

Hosting Test cricket and PSL in Pakistan today is a lot easier than convincing teams to play a few matches in Pakistan 3-4 years back.

Those successful matches in Pakistan from 2015 Zimbabwe tour onwards restored our reputation bit by bit, convincing teams that Pakistan now has the capacity to provide adequate security.

As far as restructuring domestic cricket is concerned, he didn’t do anything. He only implemented the plan chalked up by Imran.

A plan that has worked for Australia but is unlikely to be suitable for Pakistan because we have way too many active cricketers, and a lot of successful domestic players have been rendered jobless by the abolishment of the departments.

This current model is not sustainable. We will either go back to departmental cricket or increase the number of teams to around 10.

Wasim”professional” Khan’s greatest gift to Pakistan cricket has been the appointment of Misbah as coach and selector with literally zero prior experience on both fronts, and they way he went about the process of appointing him was a complete farce.

Firstly, he allowed Misbah to decide Mickey’s future when the former was hungry for the latter’s position.

It was a completely unprofessional that will only accelerate the decline of an already rapidly declining team.

ECB should thank their lucky stars that they got rid of Wasim Khan. He would have turned England into Ireland.

The only reason he landed the Pakistan job was by playing the “I left England to help Pakistan cricket” drama.

Pakistan cricket is in such a miserable position that our fans get excited over nothing until they get a reality-check.

It's a complete disaster. PCB should have simply hired Sethi and Shahryar until the universe ceases to exist.

It's a complete disaster. PCB should have simply hired Sethi and Shahryar until the universe ceases to exist.

The point is not to hire Sethi and Shahryar for eternity but to not give credit to Wasim for benefiting from their efforts. They were the ones to kickstart the long and arduous task of bringing cricket back to Pakistan.

Convincing teams like Zimbabwe to tour Pakistan in 2015 was harder than talking to bigger boards to tour Pakistan today.

In 2015, we had nothing to show for apart from our promises, but today, we can point to the several matches hosted in the last 4 years as proof that we are ready to host cricket on a permanent basis.

Unfortunately, this is life. You often do the hard work and then someone else comes in and reaps the reward of your hard work by being in the right place and the right time.

If Wasim and Mani were appointed in 2014, their task of bringing cricket back to Pakistan would have been far more challenging.

You have to extraordinarily incompetent to not be able build on the work and momentum of Sethi and Mani from 2015 onwards. Wasim and Ehsan have done the absolute bare minimum so far.

The point is not to hire Sethi and Shahryar for eternity but to not give credit to Wasim for benefiting from their efforts. They were the ones to kickstart the long and arduous task of bringing cricket back to Pakistan.

Convincing teams like Zimbabwe to tour Pakistan in 2015 was harder than talking to bigger boards to tour Pakistan today.

In 2015, we had nothing to show for apart from our promises, but today, we can point to the several matches hosted in the last 4 years as proof that we are ready to host cricket on a permanent basis.

Unfortunately, this is life. You often do the hard work and then someone else comes in and reaps the reward of your hard work by being in the right place and the right time.

If Wasim and Mani were appointed in 2014, their task of bringing cricket back to Pakistan would have been far more challenging.

You have to extraordinarily incompetent to not be able build on the work and momentum of Sethi and Mani from 2015 onwards. Wasim and Ehsan have done the absolute bare minimum so far.

You forget of the international 11 tour to karachi in 2012 which the pcb refused to support, they were cowards.

It is sad and pathetic reading some so-called Pak fan posts where they line up all the losses in last 5-10 years in such fluency, that it seems as if they were keeping track of all that just to boast see 'How mediocre the team I follow is' and the impacts of the 'see I told ya syndrom'.

Really desparate and foolish to say the least...not saying we forget all our bad recent results but doom and gloom all the time makes you come across as a Phuppay Kuttni more than anything else

It is sad and pathetic reading some so-called Pak fan posts where they line up all the losses in last 5-10 years in such fluency, that it seems as if they were keeping track of all that just to boast see 'How mediocre the team I follow is' and the impacts of the 'see I told ya syndrom'.

Really desparate and foolish to say the least...not saying we forget all our bad recent results but doom and gloom all the time makes you come across as a Phuppay Kuttni more than anything else

C'mon man, what happened to the legendary blunt Monsee. Name him

You forget of the international 11 tour to karachi in 2012 which the pcb refused to support, they were cowards.

I do remember. That is why I didn’t mention Zaka Ashraf who was the PCB Chairman at the time. He made little effort to bring cricket back to Pakistan.

Things changed when Sethi and Shahryar took charge, and they deserve the greatest credit.

Wasim Khan has brought test cricket back to PK. IA he will make good on the promise made by IK on having the whole of the PSL in PK, soon the SA are coming. That is a hell of a start. Dare i say that he has done more for PK cricket in year, then most have managed in generations. Off course there are still major issues to resolve. You know things are starting to look up when the defenders of the corrupt start to criticise you. Well done Wasim, you have been worth every penny.

Wasim Khan has brought test cricket back to PK. IA he will make good on the promise made by IK on having the whole of the PSL in PK, soon the SA are coming. That is a hell of a start. Dare i say that he has done more for PK cricket in year, then most have managed in generations. Off course there are still major issues to resolve. You know things are starting to look up when the defenders of the corrupt start to criticise you. Well done Wasim, you have been worth every penny.
For real. Some of these posters are ridiculous blind and are big haters😂. [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION]. He had done alot in one year and people are ignoring his work ethic and achievements.

Really the more I read wasim khans statements the happier I feel about developments in pcb. I love how he is overhauling the whole cricket infrastructure and especially has his eye on junior cricket.

As for international cricket coming to Pakistan this was inevitable when the security situation improved and improved it has...gradually since 2015. Lets keep our fingers crossed there are no incidents otherwise we will be back to square one.

[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] I dont want to go through this again. You say the same thing on every post and I've told u my answer. He was going to be a CEO in ECB. He was living a better life and was getting paid way more than he is right now. Appointing Misbah as Coach and Chief selector is amazing. No more poi thing fingers like u do. Okay now Najam sethi and Shahryar khan had one achievement and that was just the PSL.

Tell me if they got:
Test cricket back in Pakistan
Improved Stadiums. The stadiums were so disgusting. They didnt even improve that. No one realized that the pitches are terrible. Well Wasim khan did and bought in Andy Atkinson. When Najam sethi had Psl in Pakistan it was just in Lahore and Karachi. Like bro there are alot more stadiums. During Najam sethi and Shahryar khan tenure there were so much corruption within PCB, it was a disaster.
Wasim khan said a year ago that he is going to do all those and he actually did.

Not every ones like u [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] who is a couch potato. Every can talk the talk but u gotta walk the walk. In business and Sports u got to take risks.
[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] Are u a Pakistan cricket fan or no????

This is such a pessimistic way of looking at things but also,importantly, fundamentally wrong way of looking at things.

Firstly you go on to say that Wasim doesn’t deserve any credit for bringing teams back but have you got iota of an idea about how an organisation works? An organisation capitalises on the good work done by the predecessors and furthering the development that has taken place. Wasim Khan is doing brilliantly in furthering the relationships with other boards and people and that is how an organisation works. Not resting on the laurels and not doing anything but strengthening the developments. Najam Sethi deserves credit and Wasim has been gracious enough to talk about him openly but he should work more and more on the already established developements in the Najam Sethi era and it will be much better to talk about as to what Wasim is currently doing rather than this tripe of “shouldn’t give any credit to Wasim Khan”. He can’t go back to that era and start from scratch and only then you will give him credit but judge him on currently what he is doing.

Convincing different teams to tour Pakistan still in not everyone’s cup of tea. It needs experience, level headedness and skill to convince the teams. As we have seen with the Bangladesh when all seemed lost as their board didn’t give them permission to tour for a long time but still the tour still went ahead because of the brilliance of the negotiations between Wasim and Ehasan Mani by including ICC as well. These things need time and it will take time to normalise cricketing matters in Pakistan. It will take time but the direction is brilliant. They are taking every right decision and they are going to criticise for the wrong moves but we shouldn’t hate anyone because you want to look different. Problem with a lot of people and from what I have seen you have the same mindset that in order to look different you criticise everything.

Now the domestic structure part- It is one thing to recommend and completely different to impliment. Wasim is CEO and he is responsible for the execution part of the project. He has done that brilliantly so far but needs to do ten times more than what he has already done. But he is a professional. Miles better at cricket administration than Najam Sethi. So is Ehsan Mani.

I can absolutely predict your reply to this post so go on.

Last edited:
[MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] Any update on Sponsorship for the cricket associations??

Bump this - although he did say ‘2-3 months’ mid December, so he still has one month before his self-imposed deadline. I am also anxious to see what develops there and how the money from from department teams comes back into cricket through ancillary tournaments and sponsorship of city associations / the six main CA’s, without any ownership rights. Any update on this stuff @Saj?

Guys, just ignore this @mamoo stuff. He writes these long essays of garbage. I don’t even read them anymore. I guess someone has to debunk his stuff, so appreciate that, as if no one called him out, other people might actually take his views seriously. But it is too predictable 90 percent of the time, so I don’t bother reading anymore.

Maybe we need some kind of troll alert emoji that we can use so don’t have to actually read and respond in detail since it is always, and I mean always the same anti-Pk line?

This is such a pessimistic way of looking at things but also,importantly, fundamentally wrong way of looking at things.

Firstly you go on to say that Wasim doesn’t deserve any credit for bringing teams back but have you got iota of an idea about how an organisation works? An organisation capitalises on the good work done by the predecessors and furthering the development that has taken place. Wasim Khan is doing brilliantly in furthering the relationships with other boards and people and that is how an organisation works. Not resting on the laurels and not doing anything but strengthening the developments. Najam Sethi deserves credit and Wasim has been gracious enough to talk about him openly but he should work more and more on the already established developements in the Najam Sethi era and it will be much better to talk about as to what Wasim is currently doing rather than this tripe of “shouldn’t give any credit to Wasim Khan”. He can’t go back to that era and start from scratch and only then you will give him credit but judge him on currently what he is doing.

Convincing different teams to tour Pakistan still in not everyone’s cup of tea. It needs experience, level headedness and skill to convince the teams. As we have seen with the Bangladesh when all seemed lost as their board didn’t give them permission to tour for a long time but still the tour still went ahead because of the brilliance of the negotiations between Wasim and Ehasan Mani by including ICC as well. These things need time and it will take time to normalise cricketing matters in Pakistan. It will take time but the direction is brilliant. They are taking every right decision and they are going to criticise for the wrong moves but we shouldn’t hate anyone because you want to look different. Problem with a lot of people and from what I have seen you have the same mindset that in order to look different you criticise everything.

Now the domestic structure part- It is one thing to recommend and completely different to impliment. Wasim is CEO and he is responsible for the execution part of the project. He has done that brilliantly so far but needs to do ten times more than what he has already done. But he is a professional. Miles better at cricket administration than Najam Sethi. So is Ehsan Mani.

I can absolutely predict your reply to this post so go on.

Whatever u said was absolutely factual. Theses posters are criticizing him instead of appreciating what he has done right. He is working his butt off and bringing results. Like I said before he said he was going to solve all these problems and he has actually delivered.

Bump this - although he did say ‘2-3 months’ mid December, so he still has one month before his self-imposed deadline. I am also anxious to see what develops there and how the money from from department teams comes back into cricket through ancillary tournaments and sponsorship of city associations / the six main CA’s, without any ownership rights. Any update on this stuff @Saj?

Guys, just ignore this @mamoo stuff. He writes these long essays of garbage. I don’t even read them anymore. I guess someone has to debunk his stuff, so appreciate that, as if no one called him out, other people might actually take his views seriously. But it is too predictable 90 percent of the time, so I don’t bother reading anymore.

Maybe we need some kind of troll alert emoji that we can use so don’t have to actually read and respond in detail since it is always, and I mean always the same anti-Pk line?

[MENTION=47673]FreePalestine[/MENTION] Absolutely I am very excited what awaits next. Whether it is domestic cricket, 6 HPC's, and restructuring NCA. Restructing NCA is the one that excites me. I wonder who they are going to hire and the reforms that are going to happen in the NCA. I cant wait. Exciting times are about to happen. Inshaallah every thing goes on plan and goes above and beyond. Inshaallah Wasim Khan and PCB will bring Pakistan on top.

PCB announces departures of Haroon Rashid and Agha Zahid

PCB announces departures of Haroon Rashid and Agha Zahid

Lahore, 10 April 2020:

Chief curator Agha Zahid and Haroon Rashid, Director – Domestic Cricket, will leave the Pakistan Cricket Board when their contracts expire on 30 April and 31 May, respectively.

Haroon was re-employed in April 2017. Prior to his reappointment, Haroon had served the PCB in various roles including chief selector, Pakistan senior and junior national teams’ coach and manager, head of youth game development and acting head of the National Cricket Academy.

Agha Zahid had joined the PCB in 2001 after retiring from first-class cricket in 1992-93.

Haroon Rashid said: “In my latest stint with the PCB, I was particularly pleased with the way we planned, implemented and delivered the new but highly successful and competitive domestic structure within a very short span of time. This was a result of a complete team effort and I thank all my colleagues who got behind the new structure and supported me.

“While I will continue to follow Pakistan cricket and pray for its progression, I will now focus on other priorities in life and try to spend some quality time with my family.”

Agha Zahid said: “I had an excellent time with the PCB in the past 19 years, in which I oversaw the preparation of pitches that produced stars who continued to keep Pakistan at the top of the cricket pedestal. Obviously, the role had its own challenges and sometimes my team and I were at the wrong end of the stick. But overall, I had a highly satisfying time.

“I want to thank all my staff and colleagues and wish Pakistan cricket continues to move in an upward direction.”

PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan said: “On behalf of the PCB, I want to sincerely thank Haroon Rashid and Agha Zahid for their hard work and services over a vast number of years.

“With Mudassar Nazar having already announced his departure in May, the PCB will now use this opportunity to restructure the NCA and domestic cricket to create a different and streamlined High Performance structure that serves the game and it’s cricketers in a more seamless way. Amongst many areas, the new system will focus on coach education and the assessment and re-training of our current elite coaches; in addition, the improved streamlined system will enable us to further bridge the gap between domestic and international cricket.”

The highly-rated Ali Raza Siddiqui, who has been Agha Zahid’s deputy for the last two years, will take over the role in the interim period, while the restructuring process of the two departments will commence from next week.

No disrespect but Can some one shake his shoulders and say Haroon it's too late for you to focus on the real priorities in life including your family members?

Alhamdulliah - even in these lock-down days, it brought smiles to my lips. Particularly that guy Aga Zahid. I wonder, that guy could survive over a decade after the "wickets" of last SRL tour in PAK in 2009.

Instead of adopting the blood bath approach to bringing about a change of personnel in the PCB, Wasim Khan is opting to politely move officials on in a graduated manner

Haroon Rasheed is like another version of Inti. Role after role at the PCB....although at least Inti can say he was part of 2 World Cup winning squads.

Last edited:
Instead of adopting the blood bath approach to bringing about a change of personnel in the PCB, Wasim Khan is opting to politely move officials on in a graduated manner

PCB is a business after all. That is the best way to fire someone. You have to do professionally which PCB was lacking before Wasim khan and Ehsani mani were hired. This approach of politely moving officials in a professional way will not cause any rift and both parties will be on good terms.

That news put the Good in Good Friday.

So long leeches.

Agha Zahid said: “I had an excellent time with the PCB in the past 19 years, in which I oversaw the preparation of pitches that produced stars who continued to keep Pakistan at the top of the cricket pedestal.
I must have seen different pitches and different results these past 19 years.

You oversaw underprepared pitches not fit for backyard or gully cricket let alone First Class cricket. Pitches got so bad the average score in FC cricket was lower than Zimbabwe ! You helped destroy techniques of batsmen ans made medium pacers look like gods.

Thankfully, Wasim Khan saw you were stealing a living.

Some of the officials deserved to be fired in brutal humiliating circumstances rather than being let go politely

Yeah it's great that WK is removing them slowly but steadily in a nice way. If he just sacked everyone, there would be controversy, rift and anger.

In this way, he's preventing all the anger and doing it calmly. Great to see.

Haroon Rasheed makes a final goodbye. He can finally enjoy some peace and quiet. I hope he does atleast.

WK doing what many others could not.

Haroon Rasheed is like another version of Inti. Role after role at the PCB....although at least Inti can say he was part of 2 World Cup winning squads.

''various roles including chief selector, Pakistan senior and junior national teams’ coach and manager, head of youth game development and acting head of the National Cricket Academy.''

Unbelievable stuff, how has this fraud managed to stay on this long till now.

''various roles including chief selector, Pakistan senior and junior national teams’ coach and manager, head of youth game development and acting head of the National Cricket Academy.''

Unbelievable stuff, how has this fraud managed to stay on this long till now.

Pakistan cricket is about who you know, not what you know.

He had the right contacts and backers.

[MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION]
I just came across on PCB's official website and there is a career opportunity that is linked with HPC.

https://www.pcb.com.pk/pcb-current-career-opening.html

Who do you think will qualify for this position? Will it be a foreigner or local? Down below list all possibilities of who can take this position

[MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION]
I just came across on PCB's official website and there is a career opportunity that is linked with HPC.

Who do you think will qualify for this position? Will it be a foreigner or local? Down below list all possibilities of who can take this position

I'd go with a high-performing overseas candidate.

[MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] Yeah definitely I would go with a overseas candidate too.
Can you explain to me brother what that job opening for. Is it for HPC or domestic cricket?? You definitely know more than me so please explain.

According to reports, Wasim Khan wants a foreign candidate from England to be appointed to this post but the Corona Virus epidemic has played spoilt sport. In the event that someone from abroad doesn't come, then Bazid Khan and Nadeem Khan are the two top local candidates

According to reports, Wasim Khan wants a foreign candidate from England to be appointed to this post but the Corona Virus epidemic has played spoilt sport. In the event that someone from abroad doesn't come, then Bazid Khan and Nadeem Khan are the two top local candidates

Im guessing this will be delayed.

Bazid Khan likely to get top job in PCB High Performance Centre

LAHORE: Pakistan’s former top-order batsman Bazid Khan has emerged as the frontrunner for the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) High Performance Centre (HPC)’s top job. According to reports, Bazid, who is a renowned commentator and son of former Pakistan opening batsman Majid Khan, is likely to take charge of HPC — which is set to be formed after combining departments of Domestic Cricket and National Academies. The 39-year-old played one Test and five One-Day Internationals (ODIs) for Pakistan over the course of his brief career.

Former Test spinner Nadeem Khan is also in the running for the position, although it must be noted that he had been appointed as the coordinator of the National Selection Committee in October, 2019. The PCB has made a habit of issuing advertisement, for job openings, after finalising the candidate and this is something which is likely to happen in this case as well. PCB Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Wasim Khan wanted to bring in someone from England for the role but the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic forced them to turn towards a local individual. Also six domestic coaches are likely to lose their jobs as they did not have much to do in the new cricket structure introduced by the PCB this season.

A lot of changes are expected in the PCB with new faces likely to take over the key areas in the upcoming few months. Director Academies Mudassar Nazar has already confirmed that he will not be seeking an extension to his contract, when it expires on May 31, 2020. Sources have confirmed that some officials in PCB’s top brass were not in favour of Nazar working with the PCB. Senior General Manager Academies Ali Zia also had to vacate his position, after allegations of collecting fees from a PSL franchise during a coaching course in Multan. The investigation is ongoing, in this regard, but no progress has been made so far. Senior General Manager Domestic Cricket Shafiq Ahmed and Chief Operator Officer (COO) Subhan Ahmed have also left PCB, amid a slew of changes. Chief Curator Agha Zahid and Haroon Rashid, Director Domestic Cricket, will also leave the PCB when their contracts expire on April 30 and May 31, respectively.

https://dailytimes.com.pk/594340/bazid-khan-likely-to-get-top-job-in-pcb-high-performance-centre/

The thing about Bazid Khan is he only played 6 times for Pakistan internationally.
He has limited playing experience at the top level.

[MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] Yeah definitely I would go with a overseas candidate too.
Can you explain to me brother what that job opening for. Is it for HPC or domestic cricket?? You definitely know more than me so please explain.

It's a short-term appointment.

Main focus is to develop a high performance structure and oversee its implementation.

Don't see Bazid being appointed to any position in the PCB without controversy, considering he's a nephew of Imran Khan

I want the people they are getting rid of to be replaced by better people, but that has not always been the case.

View attachment High Performance Operations Manager.pdfView attachment Head International Player Development.pdfView attachment Head High Performance Coaching.pdfView attachment Director High Performance.pdf

The deadline to apply is April 29th. These are some smart job posts for Pakistan cricket. These are the type of people that Pakistan needs.

Comment down below who do you think is qualified for these jobs and who will it get the jobs based on the Requirements and Qualifications

BTW I think David Parsons is going to be hired as a Consultant for High Performance Cricket System Development.

View attachment 100440View attachment 100441View attachment 100442View attachment 100443

The deadline to apply is April 29th. These are some smart job posts for Pakistan cricket. These are the type of people that Pakistan needs.

Comment down below who do you think is qualified for these jobs and who will it get the jobs based on the Requirements and Qualifications

BTW I think David Parsons is going to be hired as a Consultant for High Performance Cricket System Development.

What is the job role for high performance cricker system development and
High performance operations manager

Head International Player Development: Mohammad Wasim
Head High Performance Coaching: Younis Khan

The other two, I’m not sure who could fill.

High Performance Operations would have been excellently suited to Misbah if he had not been chosen as Chief Selector and Coach. Not sure of any other cricketers with a Business degree. They will probably go with an applicant from outside the cricketing world for this position.

Director High Performance would be suited to Rashid Latif, but he doesn’t seem to be on good terms with the current board. That’s what happens when Wasim Akram is on the board, I guess.

Last edited:
What is the job role for high performance cricker system development and
High performance operations manager

I would imagine, the high performance cricketer system development job will be a short term (6 months-1year) contract to build and put the systems in place. The High Performance operations manager job would be to carry out those systems and see that they're functioning and would be a longer term job.

Money talks also.

Some Boards are offering crazy money too.

Lol does the Pakistani awaam have the stomach to offer internationally competitive pays? Wasim Khan was in the running for the ECB team directors post which would pay 1,000,000 pounds a year, he instead decided to come to Pakistan for Rs 4,000,000 a month which has led to plenty of criticism for the PCB among journalists and ex test players even though this roughly translates to 230,000 pounds a year and WK has taken a pay cut out 770,000 pounds.

If our people are raising such a massive hue and cry over this, can they afford to pay $500,000-800,000-1,000,000 to these highly qualified foreign officials?

I would imagine, the high performance cricketer system development job will be a short term (6 months-1year) contract to build and put the systems in place. The High Performance operations manager job would be to carry out those systems and see that they're functioning and would be a longer term job.

[MENTION=70355]CleverSir[/MENTION] [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION] Yes the High Performance Cricketer system development will be short term and his job would be to put the system together and build the system. Most likely David Parsons will be hired as a consultant for this job post. Below is the job duties.
For High performance operations manager post the duties will be to oversee the 6 HPC and make sure everything is running smoothly.

Head International Player Development: Mohammad Wasim
Head High Performance Coaching: Younis Khan

The other two, I’m not sure who could fill.

High Performance Operations would have been excellently suited to Misbah if he had not been chosen as Chief Selector and Coach. Not sure of any other cricketers with a Business degree. They will probably go with an applicant from outside the cricketing world for this position.

Director High Performance would be suited to Rashid Latif, but he doesn’t seem to be on good terms with the current board. That’s what happens when Wasim Akram is on the board, I guess.

[MENTION=29901]Thunderbolt[/MENTION]
Does Mohammad Wasim and Younis Khan have level three coaching certification. You have to keep that in mind. Also I dont Younis khan is going apply because of previous problems that he had with PCB. And Mohammad Wasim is a coach and it's best if he stays as a coach then take that post. I would not even give these jobs to them

No unconstitutional practices being adopted in running PCB: COO Salman Naseer

No unconstitutional practices being adopted in running PCB: COO Salman Naseer

Mohammad Yaqoob

April 16, 2020

LAHORE: No unconstitutional or illegal practices are being adopted in running the Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) affairs and the International Cricket Council (ICC) does not believe that the government of Pakistan has any objectionable interference in the board’s affairs, either in electing the PCB chairman or approving its new constitution of 2019.

This was stated by PCB’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) Salman Naseer during an exclusive talk with Dawn on Wednesday while answering queries regarding the implementation of the Board’s new constitution.

“Some people are critics of the PCB alleging that the PCB is running in unconstitutional and illegal ways but they have failed to identify any constitutional clause or law of the land, which is being violated by the PCB,” Salman said.

“Some petitions were also filed in honourable courts against the PCB and some of them have been dismissed and others are pending, but no one could succeed to get any adverse or stay order against our constitution,” he said.

Asked the critics also objected that the government had its involvement in the PCB affairs, Salman said the PCB had not received any such objection from the game’s governing body. He said the ICC did not allow any government intervention in cricket operations and administrative affairs, and cited examples like appointing captain of Pakistan team or selectors etc etc.

Salman, however, admitted that there has been a considerable delay in complete implementation of the new constitution. When confronted with the fact that almost eight months had passed but neither the cricket associations at the provincial nor at the city level could be formed while no matches at the grassroots level or inter-city level could be held, Salman admitted that complete implementation of the new constitution was always expected to take time as it was a massive task which needed to be addressed through a step by step process.

Initially, demarcation of cricket associations was carried out, model constitutions of such associations were drafted, and subsequently approved by the BOG. Thereafter, the territorial demarcation of City Cricket Associations was carried out and their model constitutions were also drafted and later approved. Completion of these steps had now enabled documentation to be prepared for registration of Cricket Associations as societies which was ready for submission.

“It is unfortunate that due to coronavirus pandemic, the registration offices are closed as the PCB wants to get the registration of all the cricket associations done at the earliest,” he said.

Salman said some 20 to 28 to 30 local tournaments were held since August 2019 which included grass-root level cricket. But when reminded that zonal and district level cricket were essential to pick the provincial level teams as local cricket had no concerned with it, he said that fans had witnessed quality domestic cricket last year among six provincial team with domestic matches being streamed live for the first time and as the things were in process to form the cricket associations, cricket at every level would be held in the next domestic cricket season.

When asked why despite abolishing of the regional and departmental cricket teams, their representatives were in the BoG and participating in decision making and why the new BoG had not become functional despite a lapse of eight months, Salman said: ”The new constitution does not have any binding that the new BoG would start functioning immediately. In fact, Article 49 provides for a transitional period in which mass restructuring would take place and so it will take time but we have taken several steps to completely revamp the structure.

“During this time the members of the old BOG are to continue functioning. In any case this should not be objectionable as even in a hypothetical scenario - where the new Constitution had not been promulgated - these same members would have continued to serve as BoG members,” Salman clarified.

Asked if it was not a mistake on the PCB’s part of involving Companies Registration Act as it had already wasted almost four months to get the registration for all cricket associations, Salman said it was essential to run the PCB and its affiliated units on corporate governance principles with proper checks and balances and that it was a time consuming exercise to reform the whole system.

He added that there is no cut-off date by which all the cricket associations would be registrated but PCB intended to proceed speedily since a lot of the foundation work had now been completed.

It may be mentioned here that the PCB chairman Ehsan Mani in his last media talk had disclosed that by the end of April, the cricket associations would be announced after the registration.

To a question that when the new BoG would be formed, he said that from a pool of four independent directors and three presidents of the different cricket associations a total of 4 had to be inducted on to the BoG for the new BoG to come into force.

He concluded by saying the elections of PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani was held for a period of three years according to the prevailing PCB constitution.

Published in Dawn, April 16th, 2020

Link: https://www.dawn.com/news/1549590/n...eing-adopted-in-running-pcb-coo-salman-naseer

[MENTION=70355]CleverSir[/MENTION] [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION] Yes the High Performance Cricketer system development will be short term and his job would be to put the system together and build the system. Most likely David Parsons will be hired as a consultant for this job post. Below is the job duties.
For High performance operations manager post the duties will be to oversee the 6 HPC and make sure everything is running smoothly.

Thankyou bro but who most likely candidate for the position of operations manager yes alot of people stating david Parsons will get the development one

[MENTION=29901]Thunderbolt[/MENTION]
Does Mohammad Wasim and Younis Khan have level three coaching certification. You have to keep that in mind. Also I dont Younis khan is going apply because of previous problems that he had with PCB. And Mohammad Wasim is a coach and it's best if he stays as a coach then take that post. I would not even give these jobs to them

Are thier any level 3 coaches in pakistan ? And younis khan wont apply neither will pcb select him

Back