[VIDEO] Atiq-uz-Zaman "17 officials, 60 hotel rooms, families - were they there to play cricket or was it a holiday?"

The PCB would be better off investing the money they're spending on 60 hotel rooms in developing spinners and power hitters in domestic cricket.

This is insane, 60 hotel rooms for what? 15 players plus 17 officials is still what 35 rooms max, 60 room, how is this country still up and running is beyond me.

From PCB website:

The PCB operates through its own Constitution, generates its revenues, which are reinvested in the development of cricket. It receives no grants, funds or monies from either the Federal or Provincial Governments, the Consolidated Funds or the Public Exchequer.

BCCI has a better right to audit PCB spendings than Pakistani people. :p

From PCB website:

The PCB operates through its own Constitution, generates its revenues, which are reinvested in the development of cricket. It receives no grants, funds or monies from either the Federal or Provincial Governments, the Consolidated Funds or the Public Exchequer.

PCB easily clears $60-80 million a year and they have a lot of money saved which they don't tell us about which is there just in case BCCI try to isolate them again. This is pocket change.

They all were licking their lips knowing the WC is in States, plans were made to visit and roam around from Manhattan to Wyoming , if anything cricket was the least of priorities as evident by players extending their stay. That was a life time opportunity fully exploited by players and PCB management.

From PCB website:

a very stupid statement if this came from PCB.

Being a govt organization, they are still subjected to scrutiny by the public in terms of their spendings.

PCB easily clears $60-80 million a year and they have a lot of money saved which they don't tell us about which is there just in case BCCI try to isolate them again. This is pocket change.
Bhai A few questions:
1. Are there audited financial results available for PCB?
2. What's is the claimed profit, in dollar terms would be nice considering heavy devaluation of PKR?
3. How much does PCB gets from ICC?

just checked myself
For the year that ended on 30 Jun 2022,
PCB's net profit was about 1 Billion PKR ( which would translate to about US$ 3-4 million) compared to a loss of 835 million PKR in the year 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:
adding further, Pakistan is supposed to get US$ 34 million annually for 2024-2027 cycle. That is close to total income of PCB in the FY22.

And thus…. The myth of PCB has no money comes crashing down.

They have money, they just don’t know what they’re doing.

And thus…. The myth of PCB has no money comes crashing down.

They have money, they just don’t know what they’re doing.
PCB has barely any positive cash flow and that's largely due to the ICC cash hand out, else on its own it will be a loss making organization. and yes, this takes into account all of PSL revenue too.

PCB receives fund from ICC and also generates own money via bilaterals and PSL. What is this drama of tax payers money being spent on players thing? Can someone clarify.

Why are people shocked by such stories? It's clearly obvious the way these guys behave off the field series after series they ain't interested in playing cricket. Most of the players in all formats babar rizwan, imam etc.. all act like spoilt entitled brats. The problem is the PCB haven't got the balls to do anything about it. Along as PCB is getting money from PSL, home series and a few site seeing tours like this world cup they are happy. Pakistan cricket in last 2-3 years has been the lowest its ever been in its entire history. When you have no shame when being humilated such instances of behaviour is now the norm in Pakistani cricket

PCB receives fund from ICC and also generates own money via bilaterals and PSL. What is this drama of tax payers money being spent on players thing? Can someone clarify.
Hardly anyone pays taxes in Pakistan, its just a statement people have picked up from youtube where one can see American Karens shouting at cops " I pay your salary. I want your supervisor" :p

PCB is not funded by any govt grants. People just like to cry.

They all were licking their lips knowing the WC is in States, plans were made to visit and roam around from Manhattan to Wyoming , if anything cricket was the least of priorities as evident by players extending their stay. That was a life time opportunity fully exploited by players and PCB management.
They have embarrassed the nation to a point where people genuinely are done with Pak cricket. This team is by far the worst team ever to represent Pakistan in a WC. That is their legacy.

Every team player are here with family. No issues

Pakistan lost so Pakistan journalist's, fans etc are bored that's why they are going after everything.
Dude 60 hotel rooms, meet and greets, eating burgers/unhealthy food and roaming around like tourists. These are just a few reasons why fans are frustrated.

They have embarrassed the nation to a point where people genuinely are done with Pak cricket. This team is by far the worst team ever to represent Pakistan in a WC. That is their legacy.
@everyone in this thread, just a reminder: Olympics are around the corner guys! If you want to direct anger on misuse of public money reserve that for Paris 2024. Compared to that Pakistani cricketers are deserved stars.

@everyone in this thread, just a reminder: Olympics are around the corner guys! If you want to direct anger on misuse of public money reserve that for Paris 2024. Compared to that Pakistani cricketers are deserved stars.
Dutch athletes who go to summer or winter Olympics have very modest way of accommodation, expenses and earnings. Their sole aim and goal is to perform, not to act like tourists.

Dutch athletes who go to summer or winter Olympics have very modest way of accommodation, expenses and earnings. Their sole aim and goal is to perform, not to act like tourists.
Athletes stay in the village. Would love to see how many administrators tag along for paid family trips to Paris.
Pakistan will have single digit athletes this time again, while i expect more than 20 administrators.

Cricket is the least of the priorities for many of the players.

Far more important stuff to do.

This is insane, 60 hotel rooms for what? 15 players plus 17 officials is still what 35 rooms max, 60 room, how is this country still up and running is beyond me.

Trust me it's not up and running. It's on life support with a max of 5 decades left.

They're all traveling with their families, children, nannies, servants, barbers, siblings, and likely more. Our team consists of fabricated Temu superstars. They’ve deceived most of the fans, with King Babar being the biggest sham, inexplicably included in the so-called Fab 4. Wahab, meanwhile, is on vacation with his family, wandering around Disney World, his face a testament to corruption.

Told ya.

These guys are not there to play cricket for the country, they are visiting different places as a apart of their paid vacations provided by PCB.

15 players.
So each player has his own manager,
Each manager has his own right-hand man.

You dont lose because you have your families with you, you lose because you are crap.
Spot on.

While these things and usual tropes like unity are probably a minor factor I'm afraid that most of the attention will be drawn to these. We will focus on individuals without addressing the structural issues related to Pakistan cricket.

Blame PCB Head Mohsin Naqvi for all this mess. He's enjoying the gravy train along with Wahab Riaz.

I saw a video of Wahab Riaz with his wife and mom at the airport. The cream Jacket Man has always been shady and greedy.

Blame PCB Head Mohsin Naqvi for all this mess. He's enjoying the gravy train along with Wahab Riaz.

I saw a video of Wahab Riaz with his wife and mom at the airport. The cream Jacket Man has always been shady and greedy.
All of them need to go.mohsin, wahab, razzaq etc...babar as Captain...iffi...azam khan shadab...
All of them

Are these additional rooms are same as player rooms or premium suites/ rooftop penthouse by any chance 🤔

Make structural changes and dig deeper to to find talent. Talent at our disposal right now, Sahazda Farhan, Mohammad Haris, Saud Shakee, Tayabba Raja would bring us down to associates level. We won’t even a series from Ireland and D teams. We will lose every series like we did against Afghanistan.

Mohd Amir took his personal trainer with him apparently
He did but seems like he paid for his expenses, and was approved before hand, none the less I would fire the trainer as he was all out of gas for the super over.

Does anyone know if this is normal practice for other international teams? I doubt it but I’m not sure.

Does anyone know if this is normal practice for other international teams? I doubt it but I’m not sure.
It is quite normal in modern international cricket to bring your families on longer tours and tournaments. Players who play year around would hardly see their loved ones otherwise.

The cross cultural comparision shouldn't be made as every parent institution is in different stages of priviledge. PCB, BCCI all are unique in its own way.

60 hotel rooms for a bunch of 15 players?? That is not normal. That is like PCB made all arrangements for players and their families so they could enjoy the paid vacation without any issues.

Good job PCB for this wonderful holiday package.

All those tour managers should be fired.

Last edited:
The players are not at fault, I'm sure Indian team does the same.
I can explain the 60 rooms for a typical desi family perspective. Hope I clear the air and we can close this thread.

• If I was a Pakistani cricketer and part of world cup squad , as a team(especially the bowlers) would have been hyped up so much by PCB and the media that collectively we would believe we are going all the way to the finals.
  • This suggests that the tournament is a long one for us.
  • Which then means then I have to be without family in Umrika for months and Ill miss them. Room 1
  • If my wife and kids come, then they will also need support. So now I have to bring in my in-laws. Room 2
  • But hold on, if I bring in my in-laws my parent will feel insulted, so have to take them too. Room 3
  • But what about poor Nani is still alive, can't leave her all alone can I. So she joins in but not without her favorite pota, my wife's worthless younger brother who just lives of my income but is pampered by my wife. Room 4
15 players, 4 rooms each, hence 60 rooms.

Sight seeing in US and enjoying beaches in Carribean is the best thing to do..Sadly, Pak players with their family couldn't get to enjoy the Carribean part of the holiday tour...They must be upset about it and kicking, cursing themselves as their family would have been angry and frustrated after missing such a fantastic opportunity of enjoying the beaches of Carribean. This has hit some players so hard that they aren't willing to come back and decided to stay back for few more days.

I can explain the 60 rooms for a typical desi family perspective. Hope I clear the air and we can close this thread.

• If I was a Pakistani cricketer and part of world cup squad , as a team(especially the bowlers) would have been hyped up so much by PCB and the media that collectively we would believe we are going all the way to the finals.
  • Which then means then I have to be without family in Umrika for months and Ill miss them. Room 1
  • If my wife and kids come, then they will also need support. So now I have to bring in my in-laws. Room 2
  • But hold on, if I bring in my in-laws my parent will feel insulted, so have to take them too. Room 3
  • But what about poor Nani is still alive, can't leave her all alone can I. So she joins in but not without her favorite pota, my wife's worthless younger brother who just lives of my income but is pampered by my wife. Room 4
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Spot on

And then they get angry when people start abusing them in front of said families, in-laws, Nanis, etc. Not justifying the abuse, but just saying that you reap as you sow.

Kohli alone books 60 rooms with the entourage he travels now a days.

And he would have BCCI book it for him. He always though himself above the others. Kohli could have been a greater player if he was a little modest.
I don’t think he wants to be a greater player. He is likely richest cricket in the world now. He has done well for himself with the way he has been going on. Lack of many medals around his neck doesn’t seem to rankle him as much we would like to think.

There is nothing wrong in this.

Our cricketers are still underpaid compared to other top countries, so they get such benefits to compensate.

Last edited by a moderator:
You dont lose because you have your families with you, you lose because you are crap.
thing is, when we lose and cannot accept that we were bad

We lost, end of story. No one expected us to win when we were coming in with Azam, Amir, Imad and Usman in the team.

This was brilliant

Cricket is the least of the priorities for many of the players.

Far more important stuff to do.

I take it that this is first hand information considering that its coming from you and your reliable sources and past experiences?

wo aaye USA..aur khel ke chale gaye
wo aaye USA..aur khel ke chale gaye
khelna to bahana tha..wo tho mastiya karke chale gaye

Back