[VIDEO] Did Jason Roy accuse Shaheen Shah Afridi of throwing?

Zaz

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Anybody know what he was complaining about today? Flicked the glove as far as replays showed

==

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/1oco3f" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know what he was complaining about today? Flicked the glove as far as replays showed

Looked to me like was saying “he ****** throws the ball” (I’ve starred out what looked like an expletive)
Hopefully I’m wrong. Potentially could be “saw the ball” but the the sentence wouldn’t make sense considering what the earlier part was. It does explain why he spoke to the match official at the boundary and given the action he made when making the statement it could be trouble for another one of our bowlers

Looked to me like was saying “he ****** throws the ball” (I’ve starred out what looked like an expletive)
Hopefully I’m wrong. Potentially could be “saw the ball” but the the sentence wouldn’t make sense considering what the earlier part was. It does explain why he spoke to the match official at the boundary and given the action he made when making the statement it could be trouble for another one of our bowlers

That's exactly what he said. Absolutely shocking statement. These players need to be kept on a leash and let the umpires do their job. What a sore freakin loser

Accused SSA of throwing the ball. He did the elbow gesture and said "he's f****** throwing the ball".

He needs to fined or banned.

Accused SSA of throwing the ball. He did the elbow gesture and said "he's f****** throwing the ball".

He needs to fined or banned.

Where did you get that info? Is there a video?

I thought he was complaining about the decision, he put his arms up to tell the umpire he didn’t touch it. But, he never reviewed. 🤷🏻*♂️

I thought he was complaining about the decision, he put his arms up to tell the umpire he didn’t touch it. But, he never reviewed. 🤷🏻*♂️

Very easy to lip read what he said. Yup, we saw it live. He clearly said " he's f****** throwing the ball". Kept bending his elbow to gesture the same.

Wasn't complaining about the decision as he could've easily reviewed it and the snicko also showed how it brushed his glove and missed the elbow altogether.

I thought he was complaining about the decision, he put his arms up to tell the umpire he didn’t touch it. But, he never reviewed. ����*♂️

Here are the highlights:

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/v97iui" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Vintage Shaheen Shah Afridi, a monster in first over.

That's exactly what he said. Absolutely shocking statement. These players need to be kept on a leash and let the umpires do their job. What a sore freakin loser

why didn't he complain when he scored that 100.what a sore loser.

Jason Roy registered his complaint to Match refree for Shaheen chucking, let's see what PSL management is gonna do about it.

It's confirmed that Jason Roy questioned Shaheen Shah Afridi action, let's see what Match refree is gonna do about it.

If anyone is wondering, please watch Caught Behind and listen to Rashid Latif

It's confirmed that Jason Roy questioned Shaheen Shah Afridi action, let's see what Match refree is gonna do about it.

If true should be banned. Pathetic from Roy.

I didn’t see the game or sidearm review but in the highlights, I think the ball went on top of the gloves and brushed his forearm that was inline of the delivery. He was gesturing that he didn’t hit it (didn’t touch the gloves), I tend to agree with it. It didn’t seem out.

I have added video highlights in post #1

Its not visible there.

Lol, Shaheen does not throw as he has a very clean bowling action. I don’t think umpires will report him. Jason Roy is just wasting our time.

I always thought that Hasnain, Bret Lee, Ajmal, Junaid, Harbhajan etc chucked, but not Shaheen or even Bumrah. I think Bumrah and Shaheen have very clean bowling actions.

Jason Roy registered his complaint to Match refree for Shaheen chucking, let's see what PSL management is gonna do about it.

Where did you see this?

[MENTION=147132]trickyone[/MENTION], I'm anxiously waiting for you to hopefully provide the administrator some validation as requested.

[MENTION=147132]trickyone[/MENTION], I'm anxiously waiting for you to hopefully provide the administrator some validation as requested.

Rashid Latif has said in a video that Roy complained to the umpire without saying for what - all very unclear.

Ban this loser ASAP. How dare he come to our league and stir trouble. Needs to get banned from the PSL ASAP. He would not dare try this in the IPL.

I said this in the Hasnain thread too. Now Shaheen and Rauf are unsafe too

did this actually happen or are we just criticizing roy for no reason? And if a batsmen sees a bowler chucking the ball they are within their right to point it out to an umpire, the aussie guy was vindicated with hasnain guilty

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some suggestions of a complaint by Jason Roy. However, Quetta Gladiators have confirmed that Jason Roy did not complain to the umpire about Shaheen Shah Afridi's bowling action after the pacer dismissed him yesterday <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PSL7?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PSL7</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LQvQG?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LQvQG</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1493150579249537029?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 14, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

To be on the safe side, I would have the PCB test all their bowlers as they have the technology.

In this case, I think Roy was more concerned with Shaheen black arm bands.

Lahore, 14 February 2022: Quetta Gladiators’ Jason Roy has been fined five per cent of his match fee for a Level 1 breach of the PSL Code of Conduct during his side’s eight-wicket defeat against Lahore Qalandars in the 20th match of the HBL Pakistan Super League 2022 at the Gaddafi Stadium on Sunday.

Roy was found to have violated Article 2.21 of the PSL Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to “conduct that brings the game into disrepute,” following his reaction after he was adjudged caught behind by Asif Yaqoob off Shaheen Shah Afridi.

Roy admitted the offence and accepted the sanction proposed to be imposed by Roshan Mahanama and, as such, there was no need for a formal hearing. The charges were levelled by the on-field umpires Asif Yaqoob and Michael Gough, third umpire Rashid Riaz and fourth umpire Waleeed Yaqoob.

All first-time offences of Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official warning and/or imposition of a fine of up to 25 per cent of the applicable match fee.

https://www.pcb.com.pk/press-release-detail/roy-fined-for-breach-of-psl-code-of-conduct.html

So he didn't accuse Shaheen of chucking, but he's been fined. For what then? He didn't review so what was he angry about?

So he didn't accuse Shaheen of chucking, but he's been fined. For what then? He didn't review so what was he angry about?

Daal main khuch kaala hai

Something is black in the lentils

He was angry and made gestures etc - maybe that is the reason for the fine.

If a batsmen sees a bowler chuck he is well within his right to complain to the umpire... No need to bash Roy, and stupid of the umpire for giving a fine on this

I said this in the Hasnain thread too. Now Shaheen and Rauf are unsafe too

unsafe from what?

If they chuck than they should be banned, if they dont chuck than whats the worry?

Its not like ICC suspend bowlers just for the sake of it. You get suspended for chucking. Everyone has become paranoid after the Hasnain episode.

The onus is on PCB to have all their bowlers tested.

If a batsmen sees a bowler chuck he is well within his right to complain to the umpire... No need to bash Roy, and stupid of the umpire for giving a fine on this

Can you show me where it says that “a batsman is allowed to complain during the match to the on field umpire” in the ICC rules, or code of conduct?

He did accuse him, but did not make an official complaint. The fact that he accused him on the field makes this decision to fine him 100% correct.

QG can say whatever they want, we all saw what he said and how he gestured with his elbow to indicate the chuck.

Good that this sore loser has been fined. If he suspected that Shaheen had an illegal bowling action, the correct way would've been to lodge an official complaint after the game but keep his trap shut after getting out.

Can you show me where it says that “a batsman is allowed to complain during the match to the on field umpire” in the ICC rules, or code of conduct?

if a player suspects cheating he can inform the umpire. The final decision is than made by the umpire and match referee after they check replays and slow motion videos and than decide whether to report to ICC or not.

There has been many instances in cricket, where a player felt the opposition cheated thus they notified the umpire.....

Jason Roy only made a gesture and people have gone crazy at him. Its not like the umpire and match referee have submited a report where they suspect Shahen chucks. If that was to happen, we would had known by now.

unsafe from what?

If they chuck than they should be banned, if they dont chuck than whats the worry?

Its not like ICC suspend bowlers just for the sake of it. You get suspended for chucking. Everyone has become paranoid after the Hasnain episode.

The onus is on PCB to have all their bowlers tested.

Do you think Shaheen chucks?

He did accuse him, but did not make an official complaint. The fact that he accused him on the field makes this decision to fine him 100% correct.

QG can say whatever they want, we all saw what he said and how he gestured with his elbow to indicate the chuck.

Good that this sore loser has been fined. If he suspected that Shaheen had an illegal bowling action, the correct way would've been to lodge an official complaint after the game but keep his trap shut after getting out.

He did not accuse him of chucking. He made the gesture before the ball even reached the wk to signal not touching the ball.

I think pcb needs to draft in someone like Ian Pont or otis gibson before it's too late .

We need a proper bowling coach

Because I think its gonna be open season on our bowlers now

If it's proven that he was accusing, then Roy should be banned for at least two matches and fined for his pathetic sore loser behaviour.

if a player suspects cheating he can inform the umpire. The final decision is than made by the umpire and match referee after they check replays and slow motion videos and than decide whether to report to ICC or not.

There has been many instances in cricket, where a player felt the opposition cheated thus they notified the umpire.....

Jason Roy only made a gesture and people have gone crazy at him. Its not like the umpire and match referee have submited a report where they suspect Shahen chucks. If that was to happen, we would had known by now.

Major saab, can you show me where it states that a player can report a bowler to the on-field umpires for chucking.

its been confirmed roy didn't complain to umpires about shaheen chucking, yet people are still making conspiracy theories, this is 2022 if something like this happened it would be all over twitter in a flash, seems like 1 2 armchair pundits on here mad up a story and everyone has run with it.

Major saab, can you show me where it states that a player can report a bowler to the on-field umpires for chucking.

if a player suspects another player of cheating they can let the referee or umpire know, this is not a rule in sport it is common sense. Its up to the umpires or authority to deal with it after.

A lot happens in a 90 minute football match, If anyone thinks this is bad you need to spend some time at some county games and listen to the "banter" between players and umpire. non story in my opinion.

Afraid not yaar.

This, what Roy was alleged to have done, is as scummy as footballers waving imaginary cards during the game trying to get opposition booked.

We have on field umpires for a reason.

Not sure where are you getting this from, but looks like a false information.

After watching the replays, I doubt that it was out. The ball seemed to have brushed his forearm.

Last edited:
if a player suspects another player of cheating they can let the referee or umpire know, this is not a rule in sport it is common sense. Its up to the umpires or authority to deal with it after.

A lot happens in a 90 minute football match, If anyone thinks this is bad you need to spend some time at some county games and listen to the "banter" between players and umpire. non story in my opinion.

Yes, you report it after the game to the match officials, not to the on-field umpire.

Calling someone a cheat on field is bringing the game into disrepute.

Not sure where are you getting this from, but looks like a false information.

After watching the replays, I doubt that it was out. The ball seemed to have brushed his forearm.

There NO confirmation.

He did not accuse him of chucking. He made the gesture before the ball even reached the wk to signal not touching the ball.

:facepalm:

If we was complaining about the decision, he would've reviewed immediately. Don't rely on the highlights, but watch the entire footage. 1) The snicko confirmed that the ball brushed the glove, so Roy knew he was out 2) While walking towards the umpire, he mouthed "he's f****** throwing the ball" as he bent and jerked his elbow.

Probably he said it in the moment of heat and later regretted of losing the contract hence accepted the penalty instead of raising a complain. But Shaheen doesn't look like chucking at all.

I think pcb needs to draft in someone like Ian Pont or otis gibson before it's too late .

We need a proper bowling coach

Because I think its gonna be open season on our bowlers now

Agreed... PCB needs to hire a proper bowling coach from outside of Pakistan, there seems to be a cultural issue here by the local Pakistani coaches and umpires or letting bowlers bowl whichever way they like. This needs to be addressed at grass level.

Onto the topic, I don't see where the batsmen accuses the bowler of chucking ?

Every single bowler at the international level should be tested for their action once a year (or two years) like they test doping.

Afraid not yaar.

This, what Roy was alleged to have done, is as scummy as footballers waving imaginary cards during the game trying to get opposition booked.

We have on field umpires for a reason.

i believe hes getting to much hate here by everyone.

For those who did not watch the game and are relying on the highlights footage, below is the video that confirms how Roy was complaining about SSA's action. If you are half decent at reading lips, he can clearly tell that he said "he's f****** throwing the ball" as he walked back.

Video added to post#1

This is what i was able to pick up by slowing the vid

sheen.jpg

Probably need a side view to see if Roy's concerns were genuine or not if he was complaining of chucking

its been confirmed roy didn't complain to umpires about shaheen chucking, yet people are still making conspiracy theories, this is 2022 if something like this happened it would be all over twitter in a flash, seems like 1 2 armchair pundits on here mad up a story and everyone has run with it.

So what was he complaining about ?

You think this was banter ?

Lahore, 14 February 2022: Quetta Gladiators’ Jason Roy has been fined five per cent of his match fee for a Level 1 breach of the PSL Code of Conduct during his side’s eight-wicket defeat against Lahore Qalandars in the 20th match of the HBL Pakistan Super League 2022 at the Gaddafi Stadium on Sunday.

Roy was found to have violated Article 2.21 of the PSL Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to “conduct that brings the game into disrepute,” following his reaction after he was adjudged caught behind by Asif Yaqoob off Shaheen Shah Afridi.

Roy admitted the offence and accepted the sanction proposed to be imposed by Roshan Mahanama and, as such, there was no need for a formal hearing. The charges were levelled by the on-field umpires Asif Yaqoob and Michael Gough, third umpire Rashid Riaz and fourth umpire Waleeed Yaqoob.

All first-time offences of Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official warning and/or imposition of a fine of up to 25 per cent of the applicable match fee.

https://www.pcb.com.pk/press-release-detail/roy-fined-for-breach-of-psl-code-of-conduct.html

Well done to the umpires! 👏

Agreed... PCB needs to hire a proper bowling coach from outside of Pakistan, there seems to be a cultural issue here by the local Pakistani coaches and umpires or letting bowlers bowl whichever way they like. This needs to be addressed at grass level.

Onto the topic, I don't see where the batsmen accuses the bowler of chucking ?

They can bowl whatever they like provided it is legal.

Which other bowler has a doubtful action in PSL?

You claiming Shaheen chucks now too?

Out and I think he was referring to the ball supposedly hitting his elbow.

:facepalm:

If we was complaining about the decision, he would've reviewed immediately. Don't rely on the highlights, but watch the entire footage. 1) The snicko confirmed that the ball brushed the glove, so Roy knew he was out 2) While walking towards the umpire, he mouthed "he's f****** throwing the ball" as he bent and jerked his elbow.

I’ve watched it again, and I think he says “it’s flicked the f#%##%% elbow”.

I know it doesn’t make sense (because he didn’t review it) but, who knows.

I’ve watched it again, and I think he says “it’s flicked the f#%##%% elbow”.

I know it doesn’t make sense (because he didn’t review it) but, who knows.

I couldn't be more confident in saying the that he mouthed "throwing the ball"...also, his action and the fact that he didn't bother with the review confirms it too...

but I guess everyone is free to analyze however they please.

Shaheen is Pakistan biggest prized possession, hope his bowling is within limits.

Didn’t think Hussnain action was illegal but that was not the case.

To me players (striker) should complain if he felt bowler is throwing.. he has the best view than umpires out there..

He was signaling that he(Jason Roy) did not glove the ball and no part of his glove and bat touched the ball. While walking back Roy was signaling that ball brushed him somewhere above the elbow.

In other words he is not out. He raised his up immediately to show he didn't touch the ball.
He was certainly not complaining about chucking

He was signaling that he(Jason Roy) did not glove the ball and no part of his glove and bat touched the ball. While walking back Roy was signaling that ball brushed him somewhere above the elbow.

In other words he is not out. He raised his up immediately to show he didn't touch the ball.

So why didnt he refer it?

So why didnt he refer it?

Yes, exactly my point. He supposedly thought he didn't hit it but didn't want to review? Who's he saving the review for, he's their best batsman who hit a 50-ball century!

Anyway, no official complaint was filed so best to move on from this now.

Yes, exactly my point. He supposedly thought he didn't hit it but didn't want to review? Who's he saving the review for, he's their best batsman who hit a 50-ball century!

Anyway, no official complaint was filed so best to move on from this now.

Yes, and it should be a good wake up call for PCB too to keep a close eye on all the bowlers' action. After Hasnain's episode, world cricket knows that we have incompetent umpires who do not report chucking in domestic so they can have an open season against our bowlers.

Back