[VIDEO] "Don't get personal with me, next question?" : Hassan Ali reacts angrily to a reporter

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
[VIDEO] "Don't get personal with me, next question?" : Hassan Ali reacts angrily to a reporter

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 46.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/2jw91s" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Pakistan pacer Hasan Ali has been subjected to massive criticism in the last one month or so. The right-arm pacer endured a tough time in this year’s T20 World Cup as he delivered one expensive spell after another. Moreover, he dropped a crucial catch of Australia’s Matthew Wade in the semi-finals and the same saw Pakistan getting knocked out of the global tournament.

Meanwhile, the right-arm pacer has made headlines for controversial reasons once again. Addressing the media following the Pakistan Super League 2021 players’ draft on Sunday (December 12), Hasan got indulged in a heated argument with a journalist. While the Islamabad United bowler answered many queries, he opted to avoid answering a particular journalist.

The media personnel couldn’t even complete his question as Hasan interrupted him in between and said: ‘Next question please.’ He said the same thing multiple times as the journalist tried to put his question up front. Disappointed by the pacer’s behavior, the journalist retaliated, saying ‘this is not a good behavior.’

Hasan then reacted saying, “First you write good things on Twitter, and then I’ll give answers. Ok? You shouldn’t be personal with anyone.” “As PCB (Pakistan Cricket Board) can’t stop you (from asking questions), at least we have the right,” he added further. With the 27-year-old losing his cool, the other Islamabad United officials tried to calm him down.

For the unversed, the journalist asking question had slammed Hasan Ali on Twitter earlier this year for not following COVID-19 protocols. “Simply put, according to the protocol, it is necessary to wear a mask while traveling. Those who take it off may be fined,” he tweeted while sharing a clip of Hasan having fun with his teammates in a flight.

Reacting to the clip, Hasan wrote: “Don’t create drama please with old videos. Check your facts first. No need to give fake masala, expect better from u.”

Meanwhile, Hasan Ali has been retained under the platinum category by Islamabad United. He enjoyed a sensational run last season and won’t mind replicating his heroics again. Meanwhile, seventh season of PSL gets underway on January 27 and expectations are sky high from the competition.

https://www.crictracker.com/as-pcb-...gaged-in-a-heated-argument-with-a-journalist/

Lahore Journalists association has condemned Hassan for this and asked for an apology.

These journalists and their "associations" need to be put in place. They have had an unnecessarily big say in the matters relating to Pakistan cricket and have done a lot of damage in the past. Because of this, they now think that they are untouchable and can make or break a players career.

Hassan did the right think as I believe that this particular journalist had tweeted factually incorrect content only to create controversy in the past. Hassan is well-within his right to refuse the question from any journalist - the fact that they are asking for an apology tells you how arrogant this bunch is.

Pakistani journalists should be completely iced out from all team info. Hang them out to dry!

These journalists and their "associations" need to be put in place. They have had an unnecessarily big say in the matters relating to Pakistan cricket and have done a lot of damage in the past. Because of this, they now think that they are untouchable and can make or break a players career.

Hassan did the right think as I believe that this particular journalist had tweeted factually incorrect content only to create controversy in the past. Hassan is well-within his right to refuse the question from any journalist - the fact that they are asking for an apology tells you how arrogant this bunch is.

Pakistani journalists should be completely iced out from all team info. Hang them out to dry!

Problem is that Journos and PCB have a symbiotic relationship. They feed off each other.

Problem is that Journos and PCB have a symbiotic relationship. They feed off each other.

I dont see how PCB benefits from these journos except they leak news and pressurize them, for the purpose of brand advertising they can pay or hire their own journos behind the curtain.
Only benefit I see of independent journalists is for fans, so PCB dont run away with favoritism especially in case of team selection which boils the bloods of most fans.

Hassan Ali looks hurt. Should be able to ignore who he wants to prove a point.

"journalists" are always trying to get a reaction from players, celebrities, and almost always the questions are weird, but what Hasan has done here is quite unprofessional.

He is taking the critiscism personally, it is almost always never personal, that is how they make money and generate clicks. Really needs to sort out his frustation and better control his emotions.

Hasan definitely have some anger/mental issues which he needs to sort out soon. He gets too much emotional which was evident in last T20 WC against India and Australia games. PCB also needs to take the responsibility to look after the players's mental health issues.

In this particular instance, all the blame goes to the media manager who was handling this press conference. He should have made sure that only those journalists ask questions who Hasan is comfortable in responding.

No one should suppress their personality but Hassan needs to avoid making himself a target on social media with cringe Tiktoks and dancing if he can’t handle criticism when it all goes wrong.

Hasan definitely have some anger/mental issues which he needs to sort out soon. He gets too much emotional which was evident in last T20 WC against India and Australia games. PCB also needs to take the responsibility to look after the players's mental health issues.

In this particular instance, all the blame goes to the media manager who was handling this press conference. He should have made sure that only those journalists ask questions who Hasan is comfortable in responding.

I think Hassan or his manger knew this journalist was going to ask a question. Hassan was ready for him and wanted to make a statement.

Well done by Hassan Ali. Media need to know where to draw the line and when.

Hassan is in the right here. Some journalists go too far and need to be put in their place. It's a sport and there's no need to get personal.

on twitter journo had called him out for not following c19 protocols on plane, thats why our shoukha shuper-ishtaar was butt hurt... aida ronaldo, you lost us the wc mate..

Would you say its the PCB or the cricketers?

Because I do agree that a lot of this bullyish behavior of the journos has been enabled by the cricketers as many in the past have felt that their careers depended upon what journos write about them. A lot of our ex-cricketers have tried to stay in the team, become captain or pull their weight on the back of media pressure. So, obviously they've given these journos some leverage which they have grown so accustomed to over the course of time.

Hassan on point here.

If you cant respect the players and try to create stupid issues especially during the time when a player is down than why you expect a player would even answer your question.

Who is this journalist btw?

Hassan is right, pcb cant stop these fools, but players have the right.

Hassan wasnt rude or anything he was on point and was straightforward. Thats the problem with these journalist. Easy to talk smack on twitter but when someone says next question the journalist took offence to it.

Now i think that journalist understands how hassan felt when he was bashing or was critical of hassan.

Sadly while everyone knows hassan ali and would be bashed, the unknown journalist will get away

I still remember how, when Hafeez become captain, he decided from day-1 that we wouldn't leak the news to the media and made it clear that what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room. He came out and told the journalists that things are going to change and I am not going to give you content to create controversies.

All hell broke lose against Hafeez after that. The journalists felt insulted but also scared that here is a captain who will put an end to their masala-news content. A vile campaign was launched against Hafeez and we had headlines against him coming out every single day.

That is the state of our media. So, I have no sympathies for this lot. Hassan did the right thing.

No one should suppress their personality but Hassan needs to avoid making himself a target on social media with cringe Tiktoks and dancing if he can’t handle criticism when it all goes wrong.

Hassan is not making himself a target. By your logic anyone who has a social media presence is making themselves a target.

Hassan can post all the dance videos and TikToks he wants. Fans and journalist shouldnt be judging hassan based on what he does in his personal life.

I still remember how, when Hafeez become captain, he decided from day-1 that we wouldn't leak the news to the media and made it clear that what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room. He came out and told the journalists that things are going to change and I am not going to give you content to create controversies.

All hell broke lose against Hafeez after that. The journalists felt insulted but also scared that here is a captain who will put an end to their masala-news content. A vile campaign was launched against Hafeez and we had headlines against him coming out every single day.

That is the state of our media. So, I have no sympathies for this lot. Hassan did the right thing.

Same thing happened with ijaz butt. The hate ijazz butt go was way over the top because he was abit strict with them.

There was media that was against misbah who had resorted to personally attacking him and his family. Misbah than said on tv that media has been acting badly.

Funny thing is when you confront the media with their own behavior they take offence..... I remember the chairman or someone big of 92news came on tv and said misbah made a bad statement and we media personals will be against him now.

Funny thing is 92 news channel owner was a known blackmailer journalist.........

Hassan on point here.

If you cant respect the players and try to create stupid issues especially during the time when a player is down than why you expect a player would even answer your question.

Who is this journalist btw?

Hassan is right, pcb cant stop these fools, but players have the right.

Hassan wasnt rude or anything he was on point and was straightforward. Thats the problem with these journalist. Easy to talk smack on twitter but when someone says next question the journalist took offence to it.

Now i think that journalist understands how hassan felt when he was bashing or was critical of hassan.

Sadly while everyone knows hassan ali and would be bashed, the unknown journalist will get away

Agreed.

Can't have these journos cross the line whenever they want but then have the players pander to all their requests. Hassan is well-within his right to refuse any question from any journalist.

Did you hear another one of them, in the video, say something like aap bhi nahi rok saktay when Hassan said PCB toh nahi rok sakta but hum rok saktay hein

Last edited:
Agreed.

Can't have these journos cross the line whenever they want but then have the players pander to all their requests. Hassan is well-within his right to refuse any question from any journalist.

Did you hear another one of them, in the video, say something like aap bhi nahi rok saktay when Hassan said PCB toh nahi rok sakta but hum rok saktay hein

Problem is in pakistan there are political journalist that broadcast political news and than there are sports journalist.

Political journalists are much more united as a group because they face issues like being abducted or personal vendettas of the people. Thus they have to stay united as a group.

Sports journalist are pretty much unknown entities. Unless they get picked up by good reputed sports organizations based on their writing skills( this is about pakistan). Thus, most of our sports journalist go around trying to pick twitter feuds with the players and when confronted they believe their rights have been violated and place themselves with the political journalist category...

Right now the particular journalist, anas saeed, who hassan ali told off is now sitting on twitter posting repost after repost on how he defended hasan in so and so time in the past.

I think we focus too much on unimportant non-cricket issues. Who cares?
For what it’s worth - Hassan Ali seems to be an immature, petty individual. But i’m more interested in cricket issues. Such as his presence costing us the World Cup. If Nawaz had played instead, we would have won it easily .

Lahore Journalists association has condemned Hassan for this and asked for an apology.

These "so called" Lahore journalists need to be put in place for getting personal with players. Just looking for some masala news all the time.

Jornalists control over PCB and players have been rampant since the days of Wasim/Waqar

Still remember the days when whatever is discussed (confidential) in the team comes out the next minute..
Intikhab Alam also raised concerned on this

If the journalist legitimately criticized Hassan Ali's performance in the T-20 WC and perhaps commented his off field activities and distractions were impacting his game then Hassan Ali is out of order here. However if the journalist has ruthlessly been targetting Hassan Ali on a witch hunt and even targetting his personal life unnecessarily then Hassan Ali is in the right here.

Hassan needs to be told to pipe down, this is part and parcel of international cricket where people will gun at you if you don't deliver.

Hasan then reacted saying, “First you write good things on Twitter, and then I’ll give answers. Ok? You shouldn’t be personal with anyone.”

What exactly did this journalist say on Twitter that was so offensive that Hassan cant answer any questions?
If it was cricket criticism he should suck it up. He is not talented enough to have this type of diva attitude.

I don't know the history between the 2 of them, but if the journo has been targeting Hassan and his family with unnecessary and personal remarks, then the player has every right not to answer his question at a press conference.

If the criticism was cricket related and backed up by stats then the player is in the wrong.

Ahmed Shehzad had an issue with me a few years ago where he wasn't happy with stuff that I had written. I had tweeted some stats regarding his batting which were accurate and relevant, yet he didn't like them and made a threat.

Last edited:
<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 46.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/2jw91s" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Pakistan pacer Hasan Ali has been subjected to massive criticism in the last one month or so. The right-arm pacer endured a tough time in this year’s T20 World Cup as he delivered one expensive spell after another. Moreover, he dropped a crucial catch of Australia’s Matthew Wade in the semi-finals and the same saw Pakistan getting knocked out of the global tournament.

Meanwhile, the right-arm pacer has made headlines for controversial reasons once again. Addressing the media following the Pakistan Super League 2021 players’ draft on Sunday (December 12), Hasan got indulged in a heated argument with a journalist. While the Islamabad United bowler answered many queries, he opted to avoid answering a particular journalist.

The media personnel couldn’t even complete his question as Hasan interrupted him in between and said: ‘Next question please.’ He said the same thing multiple times as the journalist tried to put his question up front. Disappointed by the pacer’s behavior, the journalist retaliated, saying ‘this is not a good behavior.’

Hasan then reacted saying, “First you write good things on Twitter, and then I’ll give answers. Ok? You shouldn’t be personal with anyone.” “As PCB (Pakistan Cricket Board) can’t stop you (from asking questions), at least we have the right,” he added further. With the 27-year-old losing his cool, the other Islamabad United officials tried to calm him down.

For the unversed, the journalist asking question had slammed Hasan Ali on Twitter earlier this year for not following COVID-19 protocols. “Simply put, according to the protocol, it is necessary to wear a mask while traveling. Those who take it off may be fined,” he tweeted while sharing a clip of Hasan having fun with his teammates in a flight.

Reacting to the clip, Hasan wrote: “Don’t create drama please with old videos. Check your facts first. No need to give fake masala, expect better from u.”

Meanwhile, Hasan Ali has been retained under the platinum category by Islamabad United. He enjoyed a sensational run last season and won’t mind replicating his heroics again. Meanwhile, seventh season of PSL gets underway on January 27 and expectations are sky high from the competition.

https://www.crictracker.com/as-pcb-...gaged-in-a-heated-argument-with-a-journalist/

Ridiculous behavior from Hasan , not the first time, he became famous too soon , unable to digest his fame .

Considering how unprofessional & garbage most of Pakistan's media & journalist are, I don't blame him. He is well within his rights to decline any questions.

Criticism is fine but personal attack is not fine.

I don't know the context but Hasan seems genuinely mad here.

Apparently the reported tweeted in Urdu "All he is good for is dancing and theatrics off the field, maybe he should focus on catching the ball".

Pakistani journalists are hounds but they are educated. they know how to deal with words. Pakistani cricketers if they educate themselves will know how to respond which is to not cave into the questions.

Back