[VIDEO] Drop Karachi from your shop's name: Shiv Sena leader threatens Mumbai shopowner

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
The video of a Shiv Sena leader telling a Mumbai sweet shop to remove the word "Karachi" from its name went viral on social media, on Wednesday.

The Indian right-wing party's leader can be seen asking the owner of the shop named "Karachi Sweets" to change its name. The man, identified as Shiv Sena leader Nitin Nandgaokar, can be seen telling the man he "hates the name Karachi".

"I hate the name Karachi. The city in Pakistan is a hub of terrorists. You can name your ancestors in the banner... I pay my respects to them. You came from Pakistan but this is your home. You'll have to do it (change the name). We will help you with the business. I will give you time... change the name to something in Marathi," the Sena leader says to the man in the video.

According to Indian news agency ANI, the shop has covered its banner with a newspaper after the Sena leader's visit.

Nandgaonkar was slammed on social media for threatening the owner of the shop, with many Indians calling on the government to book him for the act.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/319401-dr...e-shiv-sena-leader-threatens-mumbai-shopowner

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/dy9j17" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Last edited by a moderator:
The SS leader was possibly looking for a bribe. This sort of thuggery is quite common in India.

As for Karachi, my home city in India, Hyderabad, is really famous for its Karachi Bakery and its cookies. Nobody gives a damn, and the bakery and its cookies are thriving.

The SS leader was possibly looking for a bribe. This sort of thuggery is quite common in India.

As for Karachi, my home city in India, Hyderabad, is really famous for its Karachi Bakery and its cookies. Nobody gives a damn, and the bakery and its cookies are thriving.

Karachi Bakery will go pan India very soon. It is a really well run business where franchise model has not impacted quality unlike Paradise which is s***

Hindu taliban.

^Of note, Bombay bakery is very famous in Karachi as is Delhi sweets.

Yes been to Delhi sweets. Lovely spot.

Older parts of Karachi have plenty of establishments named Delhi something. From my younger days Delhi Chaat House in Gurumandir area of Karachi was veryyyy popular. Infact it still is.

Delhi Rabri House on Burns Road is a must visit for anyone coming to Karachi.

I guess India is fast hurtling towards fascism.

The Shiv Sena leader has a point. Muhajirs from pakistan should stop nostalging about their ancestral places and adopt this country fully which gave them shelter and business.

What a loon.

If you can have ‘Sindh’ in the national anthem why can’t you have a Karachi in your shop name?

Even Punjabi village bumpkins in Pakistan seem to be more tolerant than these educated Shiv Sena goons. You still have a small town in Punjab called Toba Tek Singh, a tentative effort to change the name to something more Pakistani was quickly quashed by locals.

What a loon.

If you can have ‘Sindh’ in the national anthem why can’t you have a Karachi in your shop name?

Classic whataboutery. Just because the anthem has not been corrected doesn't mean muhajirs can keep glorifying their ancestral pakistani places.

Even Punjabi village bumpkins in Pakistan seem to be more tolerant than these educated Shiv Sena goons. You still have a small town in Punjab called Toba Tek Singh, a tentative effort to change the name to something more Pakistani was quickly quashed by locals.

Shivsena is a secular and tolerant party now. They are anti-bjpee.

On the the other hand Bombay Bakery seems to be thriving in Pakistan.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EXANo7j_2lc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol ... bitter and sneeringly cynical attitude displayed by some of the most heinous people on earth.

A trademark demeanor by fanatic elements in Hindus, going after their own peaceful Hindus.

And I see that they might have some support here on the forum too.

So much for chest thumping for being the biggest democracy in the world in a secular country.

Karachi ka naam daykh kar hamay takleef hoti hai.

Well, it's actually very good.
Without us doing anything, we are managing to hurt them just by our city names.

Btw if removing names of Pakistani entities is the route that India is taking then they have to change the name of their country as well since India is named after Indus River :))

On the the other hand Bombay Bakery seems to be thriving in Pakistan.

Make no mistake. No-one except some idiots like these care about this nautanki. As someone else mentioned above, Karachi bakers and sweets are very popular in every Indian city.

Btw if removing names of Pakistani entities is the route that India is taking then they have to change the name of their country as well since India is named after Indus River :))

I mean you do know Indus flows through India too right? :danish

Yes been to Delhi sweets. Lovely spot.

Older parts of Karachi have plenty of establishments named Delhi something. From my younger days Delhi Chaat House in Gurumandir area of Karachi was veryyyy popular. Infact it still is.

Delhi Rabri House on Burns Road is a must visit for anyone coming to Karachi.

I guess India is fast hurtling towards fascism.

Delhi(the location) chaats as such are the worst they are only good for aloo tikki

The original gens who migrated from India have passed away and even their kids are entering into old age and passing away meaning linkages with India and 'nostalgia' of Delhi etc is going away. This will only increase as generations pass by and Pakistan sheds Indian heritage and adopts their own. I remember in my childhood we had a Hyderabadi Achaar shop in older part of Karachi. Granddad and dad would drive close to an hour to get authentic Hyderabadi Achaar from there. Such shops have either closed down or seen severe lack of business with the emergence of Shaan/National

Ridiculous. Let teh guy have whatever name as long as it is not vulgar.

In Pakistan, restaurants and shops have so many indian cities' names and everyone is fine with it. You can Ludhiana, Amritsar, Bihar, Bombay, Delhi, Agra, Calcutta, etc. No one hates it. Infact they're some of the best.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Karachi bakery and karachi sweets have been in mumbai since last 60 years. They have nothing to do with Pakistan . It makes no sense to ask for changing their names now.Demand for changing their name is not shivsena's official stance.</p>— Sanjay Raut (@rautsanjay61) <a href="https://twitter.com/rautsanjay61/status/1329388470855352322?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Politicians should also drop the word 'Pakistan' from their speeches and interviews. Let's see for how long they and their jaahil bhakhts can survive without mentioning the word 'Pakistan'?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back