[VIDEO] Goa Man Forced To Apologise, Chant "Bharat Mata Ki Jai" For Supporting Pak Cricket Team

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
[VIDEO] Goa Man Forced To Apologise, Chant "Bharat Mata Ki Jai" For Supporting Pak Cricket Team

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 55.000%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/4iuszp" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

A shop owner at Calangute in Goa was forced to publicly apologise and raise 'Bharat Mata ki jai' slogan after a video, in which he expressed support for the Pakistan cricket team, went viral on social media, a police official said on Saturday.
A group of men forced him to apologise and raise the slogan on Thursday, the official said, adding that no complaint has been filed in this connection.

This took place following an undated video released by a travel vlogger, in which the shop owner at Calangute in North Goa is purportedly seen saying that he was supporting the Pakistan cricket team because it was a Muslim area. The neighbouring country was apparently playing against New Zealand when the video was shot.

The video shows the vlogger having a brief conversation with the man. The vlogger asks the shop owner, "Who is playing? Are you cheering for New Zealand?" The man replies, "For Pakistan." The vlogger then asks him why, to which the man responds saying, "This is Muslim area." After this video went viral, a group of people approached the shop owner on Thursday and questioned him for supporting Pakistan.

A video of the group forcing the shop owner to apologise also went viral on social media.

The video shows a member of the group telling the man, "This entire village is Calangute. There is no Muslim lane or any other lane. Don't divide the country based on religion." He is then asked to kneel down and apologise to the countrymen.

After initial reluctance, the shop owner is seen in the video tendering an apology by kneeling down and holding his ears. The video also shows the group making him raise the 'Bharat Mata ki jai' slogan.

When contacted, a local police official said a group of men forced the man to apologise.

"But no complaint has been filed in connection with the incident," he said.

Sarpanch of Calangute, Joseph Sequeira, confirmed about the incident, but no formal complaint has been registered with the panchayat or any authority.

NDTV

Last edited:
How can fair-minded people in India allow this? Why is there no outrage?

Saw this video yesterday and I was thinking the same. How did he get away after saying this on camera? He should have known that this is a third world country and he can't openly support Pakistani team here. Mind you he was supporting Pakistan against New Zealand not India. :91: :inti

How can fair-minded people in India allow this? Why is there no outrage?
We should be thankful that sanghis/bhakts at least didn't lynch him for supporting Pakistan.

It was a game between New Zealand and Pakistan. How can someone cheer for India in that game?

These people are thick and stupid. I feel sorry for this man.

lol what a bunch of in-secured duffers who can’t comprehend that you can’t really force a true emoticon by force.
You are simply pressing a spring who is going to spring back even harder - you are simple creating more hate for whatvyou preach to be loved.

This guy can go home and say what he likes about India.

What you gonna do about it then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like no one has read the OP. He was not attacked for supporting Pakistan but for saying its a muslim area and thats why he is supporting Pakistan. It is clearly written in OP that the group told him that there is nothing called muslim area or any other area in GOA. He was asked to stop dividing the country based on religion as all are equal.

Maybe asking him to kneel down was bit OTT but he wasn't simply asked to apologize for supporting Pakistan team. The headline is misrepresenting and I will be shocked if it is NDTVs own headline.

Looks like no one has read the OP. He was not attacked for supporting Pakistan but for saying its a muslim area and thats why he is supporting Pakistan. It is clearly written in OP that the group told him that there is nothing called muslim area or any other area in GOA. He was asked to stop dividing the country based on religion as all are equal.

Maybe asking him to kneel down was bit OTT but he wasn't simply asked to apologize for supporting Pakistan team. The headline is misrepresenting and I will be shocked if it is NDTVs own headline.

So an anonymous man was dividing the country when he casually answered to a foreigner but BJP bhakhts and politicians who do it deliberately at a large scale go unnoticed? :91: :inti

So an anonymous man was dividing the country when he casually answered to a foreigner but BJP bhakhts and politicians who do it deliberately at a large scale go unnoticed? :91: :inti

Looks like you got upset that I actually read the OP and had to break it down which affected the propaganda :91:

Otherwise its a Cute attempt but BJP Bhakts and politicians were not the topic of this thread, I then have to bring the likes of Akbaruddin Owaisi etc etc...you know where I am going. This thread is about the man being asked to apologize for aparently supporting Pakistan cricket team which yourself and other usual pretenders lapped into in a ziffy without even reading the OP. However, the purpose of asking the man to apologize was different and not bcoz of his support to a cricket team. One just had to read the opening post.

In India, anyone can support any cricket team, including Pakistan. You should know it better than me, afterall you support.....

:kp

We should be thankful that sanghis/bhakts at least didn't lynch him for supporting Pakistan.

Seems like Muslims are starting to feel like the 'other' and starting to identify Muslim friendly places

Lol, a gaya defender. This is the first sentence in OP:

"A shop owner at Calangute in Goa was forced to publicly apologise and raise 'Bharat Mata ki jai' slogan after a video, in which he expressed support for the Pakistan cricket team"

So if the rest part is truth in the article then you can not dismiss the first sentence either.

Lol, a gaya defender. This is the first sentence in OP:

"A shop owner at Calangute in Goa was forced to publicly apologise and raise 'Bharat Mata ki jai' slogan after a video, in which he expressed support for the Pakistan cricket team"

So if the rest part is truth in the article then you can not dismiss the first sentence either.

He was asked to apologize bcoz he was dividing the community by calling it a 'muslim area' and that is why he is supporting Pakistan. The people gathered around him, asked him not to divide based on religion and ordered an apology. That is what clearly written in OP.

India don't need defending bro, the country is heading towards 5 trillion economy. Its #SabChangaSi there under the leadership of great PM.

Compared to recent incidents in Nankana sahib, this is as soft as it gets.

While yes you can’t forcibly make some chant any slogan even if it’s a nationalistic one, why isn’t the attention bought to these special cases.

I mean you need to be a special nut case to shout Pakistan Zindabad in India in these times. Glad it turned out to be fairly non-violent.

He was asked to apologize bcoz he was dividing the community by calling it a 'muslim area' and that is why he is supporting Pakistan. The people gathered around him, asked him not to divide based on religion and ordered an apology. That is what clearly written in OP.

India don't need defending bro, the country is heading towards 5 trillion economy. Its #SabChangaSi there under the leadership of great PM.

How was he dividing the country by calling it a muslim area? And who gave them the right to ask for an apology lol? :91:

The country is heading towards 5 trillion economy but guys like you are still living abroad. #SabDoglapanSi :91: :inti

I have question to those that are outraged by this event ...

Lets assume that the opposite had happened wherein a Hindu man living in a Hindu area had said that since this is Hindu area I support things that are vehemently opposed by Muslims. What would your reactions be if that were to happen ?

It seems you approve of forcing a human being to chant something he doesnt want to.

I believe in the universal right to self defence. This chap is stronger and bigger than the salad munchers. He should said no and defended himself with his hands if they attacked. I think if he knocked out two , the rest will run off like rabbits.

Muslims in India are so weak. They need to form big political parties and organise self defence again. A 100 Muslims should be enough to make the likes of the these Hindu extremists think twice.

Lets assume that the opposite had happened wherein a Hindu man living in a Hindu area had said that since this is Hindu area I support things that are vehemently opposed by Muslims. What would your reactions be if that were to happen ?

If its a Hindu area, meaning most people living there are Hindus, he only stating facts. There are extremists in all nations but India has hundreds of millions of them, Hindutva RSS inspired extremists.

If its a Hindu area, meaning most people living there are Hindus, he only stating facts. There are extremists in all nations but India has hundreds of millions of them, Hindutva RSS inspired extremists.

can you elaborate what your position would be in that case ? Its not obvious from your post. I suppose you are saying that the Hindu mans statements should be condemned ... right ?

How was he dividing the country by calling it a muslim area? And who gave them the right to ask for an apology lol? :91:

The country is heading towards 5 trillion economy but guys like you are still living abroad. #SabDoglapanSi :91: :inti

There is nothing called as 'muslim area' or 'hindu area' or 'christian area' in India. Every person can live anywhere he want. He was clearly suggesting he is in muslim area and hence supporting Pakistan. The mob wanted him to apologize and asked him not to divide the society in the name of religion. So their intention was not wrong. But they should not have taken the law in their own hand by punishinv him.

can you elaborate what your position would be in that case ? Its not obvious from your post. I suppose you are saying that the Hindu mans statements should be condemned ... right ?

Ay, of course not, he would only be stating a fact. You fail to realise India is different to Pakistan. Hindus in India have been made to feel they are still victims of Islamic conquest and rule for over 1000 years. Now Modi and Co have brainwashed them into thinking they are some new Hindu superpower. India is the most extremist nation on the planet, from government to the local boot polisher.

It seems you approve of forcing a human being to chant something he doesnt want to.

I believe in the universal right to self defence. This chap is stronger and bigger than the salad munchers. He should said no and defended himself with his hands if they attacked. I think if he knocked out two , the rest will run off like rabbits.

Muslims in India are so weak. They need to form big political parties and organise self defence again. A 100 Muslims should be enough to make the likes of the these Hindu extremists think twice.

Lets be honest... it is easy to act tough in internet, in real world you would probably won't bat an eyelid. It must hurt for you so much that a salad muncher hindu is now PM of the country you immigrated. Give this fake bravado some pause and discuss the topic on hand. Seen a lot like you bruv :91:

India has more muslims than Pakistan and they are not weak. If anything, they are flourishing in every sector of the society. They are well capable of defending themselves, not only in India but also overseas. Did you not see how Javed Akhtar recently did a mini surgical strike? :p

So don't worry about Indian muslims, they are absolutely fine.

In this specific case, the guy was calling a specific area of Goa as muslim area and he was asked to apolozie for not dividing the fabric of secular India by religious discrimination. They should not have taken the law in their hand though, that I agree.

Ay, of course not, he would only be stating a fact.

And you would be in agreement with that fact ? Iam only asking because of what you said in the next sentence(especially the bolded part where you accuse practically everyone in India to be an extremist) as it doesn't entirely add up.

I mean if most Hindus are extremist according to you ... then how would the Hindu man's statement be factually correct ? See the problem ?

You fail to realise India is different to Pakistan. Hindus in India have been made to feel they are still victims of Islamic conquest and rule for over 1000 years. Now Modi and Co have brainwashed them into thinking they are some new Hindu superpower. India is the most extremist nation on the planet, from government to the local boot polisher.

Lets be honest... it is easy to act tough in internet, in real world you would probably won't bat an eyelid. It must hurt for you so much that a salad muncher hindu is now PM of the country you immigrated. Give this fake bravado some pause and discuss the topic on hand. Seen a lot like you bruv :91:

India has more muslims than Pakistan and they are not weak. If anything, they are flourishing in every sector of the society. They are well capable of defending themselves, not only in India but also overseas. Did you not see how Javed Akhtar recently did a mini surgical strike? :p

So don't worry about Indian muslims, they are absolutely fine.

In this specific case, the guy was calling a specific area of Goa as muslim area and he was asked to apolozie for not dividing the fabric of secular India by religious discrimination. They should not have taken the law in their hand though, that I agree.

I dont worry, they are worried when on a daily basis someone forces them to chant this or say hi to one of their stone idols.

Of course you think those skinny guys are Rambo, too much Bollywood my friend.

Everyone has the right to self defence, if they kill you at least take 4/5 with you.

And you would be in agreement with that fact ? Iam only asking because of what you said in the next sentence(especially the bolded part where you accuse practically everyone in India to be an extremist) as it doesn't entirely add up.

I mean if most Hindus are extremist according to you ... then how would the Hindu man's statement be factually correct ? See the problem ?

Most Hindus IN India are extremist. Most Hindus OUTSIDE of India are good peaceful people and a credit to Hinduism. We have the odd ones in the UK but they run when Muslims turn up as they did recently. Hope you noticed the difference now.

Most Hindus IN India are extremist. Most Hindus OUTSIDE of India are good peaceful people and a credit to Hinduism. We have the odd ones in the UK but they run when Muslims turn up as they did recently. Hope you noticed the difference now.

We are obviously discussing this in Indian context only. So if most Hindus in India are extremists why would they be factually correct and you be in agreement with them instead of condemning their stance?

I dont worry, they are worried when on a daily basis someone forces them to chant this or say hi to one of their stone idols.

Of course you think those skinny guys are Rambo, too much Bollywood my friend.

Everyone has the right to self defence, if they kill you at least take 4/5 with you.

No they are not worried. Were they being worried, there would have been mass exodus of muslim population in India like hindus were in Pakistan/Bangladesh. Ask any Indian muslim, they would give an arm and a leg but would not want to immigrate in neighbouring countries. That is bcoz they are all flourishing and enjoying the secular rights they get in this country.

In India, police and law provide defence to citizens. People don't normally take arms in the name of self defence. This is a democratic country and not some terrorist cesspot. You are watching too many Jihadi John type videos on youtube my friend. :91:

No they are not worried. Were they being worried, there would have been mass exodus of muslim population in India like hindus were in Pakistan/Bangladesh. Ask any Indian muslim, they would give an arm and a leg but would not want to immigrate in neighbouring countries.

There are people in Gilgit-Baltistan and the latest viral videos of Pakistanis saying Modi is better than every leadership regime in Pakistan. People have google/YouTube so will let them Do their own research.

Amazing that I haven’t seen a single Pakistani speak for their own minorities in their country on this forum at least . But then again some Palestinian Arabic person is more Pakistani than fellow Christian and Hindu Pakistanis. No one even reflects on this irony. Is there any comparison with the minorities in India?

I have no problem with illiteracy and ignorance but the willful blindness and stupidity gets me here.

It's a strange parrallel that you are attempting to derive here.

Is Pakistan vehemently opposed by Hindus?

Well the concept of Pakistan was Hindus and Muslims can’t coexist together. Not my take.

It’s the silliest argument that we are islamic country so everything goes but since you in India used the word secular by mistake or by choice we will get triggered on every incident.

Every time such incident takes place shouldn’t you be happy that the concept of Pakistan is validated?

Obviously all the arguments about successful Muslim Indians in arts, science, politics, business since 1947 will fly over your head anyway so what’s the use.

Maybe forget economy, political stability, diplomacy etc for the second and sure go crazy with the Indian toilets and poverty problem all you wish but here is a fact there is no real comparison when it comes to minority rights and you know that or just don’t want to know that.

You can comment on the incident above hand absolutely but no Pakistani has any moral standing to talk about minority rights. Yes I am generalizing here.

Well the concept of Pakistan was Hindus and Muslims can’t coexist together. Not my take.

It’s the silliest argument that we are islamic country so everything goes but since you in India used the word secular by mistake or by choice we will get triggered on every incident.

Every time such incident takes place shouldn’t you be happy that the concept of Pakistan is validated?

Obviously all the arguments about successful Muslim Indians in arts, science, politics, business since 1947 will fly over your head anyway so what’s the use.

Maybe forget economy, political stability, diplomacy etc for the second and sure go crazy with the Indian toilets and poverty problem all you wish but here is a fact there is no real comparison when it comes to minority rights and you know that or just don’t want to know that.

You can comment on the incident above hand absolutely but no Pakistani has any moral standing to talk about minority rights. Yes I am generalizing here.

Your post is a lot of words but doesn't answer my question.

Instead you have went on a weird tangent about minority rights and toilets.

The poster tried to do a draw a parrallel in response to this thread by inventing a fictional scenario about Hindus saying something hurtful to Muslims...i.e implying that Hindus 'vehemently' oppose Pakistan.

Can you please try to to answer my question in response to that. If you dont have the answer there is no need to comment with an irrelevant diatribe about toilets and things going over my head.

Run? I see a hindu is the PM of UK.

I don't have to repeat what Suella Braverman recently said about key threats to UK.

So yes i noticed the difference and everyone around the world has.

If someone says xyz is a Muslim area and hence Pakistan is supported there he is really inciting trouble on both sides.

Are there still doubts about that ? I mean the entire USP behind creation of Pakistan was that Muslims cannot live amicably with Hindus. It wasn't RSS that proposed creation of nation for Muslims. And then there have been 4 wars and numerous incidents nothing more horrific than a complete ethnic cleansing of Pandits from Kashmir and a proper genocide in East Pakistan. Heck for all practical purposes Pakistanis consider India as a enemy state ... so why would any self respecting Hindu not be vehemently in disagreement with everything that Pakistan stands for ? Let me know if you need more evidence.

Are there still doubts about that ? I mean the entire USP behind creation of Pakistan was that Muslims cannot live amicably with Hindus. It wasn't RSS that proposed creation of nation for Muslims. And then there have been 4 wars and numerous incidents nothing more horrific than a complete ethnic cleansing of Pandits from Kashmir and a proper genocide in East Pakistan. Heck for all practical purposes Pakistanis consider India as a enemy state ... so why would any self respecting Hindu not be vehemently in disagreement with everything that Pakistan stands for ? Let me know if you need more evidence.

It is an interesting amalgamation of religious and national identity in the context of modern India that I found curious. I can understand modern day Indians being opposed to Pakistan but found the use of the term hindus interesting.

Are Hindus also vehemently opposed to Bangladesh?

How about Indian Sikhs, Jains, Muslims, ( apart from the poor fella in the video) and atheists do they also vehemently oppose Pakistan?

It is an interesting amalgamation of religious and national identity in the context of modern India that I found curious. I can understand modern day Indians being opposed to Pakistan but found the use of the term hindus interesting.

Are Hindus also vehemently opposed to Bangladesh?

How about Indian Sikhs, Jains, Muslims, ( apart from the poor fella in the video) and atheists do they also vehemently oppose Pakistan?

Most non-Muslims in India share the same feelings towards, Pakistan by and large because they put country ahead of religion first. I had to use the example of Hindu's in my post#19 so that I could present an comparable analogy to the event in the OP.

Now this doesn't mean that most Muslims in India are Pro-Pakistan. but we cannot deny that there is a significant
soft corner amongst them for Pakistan. I have personally witnessed it and now due to social media this gets amplified pretty quickly.

Run? I see a hindu is the PM of UK.

I don't have to repeat what Suella Braverman recently said about key threats to UK.

So yes i noticed the difference and everyone around the world has.

Rishi Sunak :)))

The Rishi Indian didnt stop the BBC making a video on Modi the extremist.

The British government isnt taken seriously by anyone. You cannot deny the Indians have elected extremist Hindu nutjobs more than once, knowing they are full of hate, hence most also share the extremist mindset.

You are not ofcourse, are not after supporting , loving and defending BJP/RSS on a daily basis?

He is the PM not the head of a media company. May be check the duties of a Pm first. Also he did distance from it and defended Modi like he should as a pm of a democracy when someone does a paid hit job. Trust me with Indians at least we don’t carried away just because someone has a Hindu name so had my doubts but Rishi has my respect. Fine leader :)

He is the PM not the head of a media company. May be check the duties of a Pm first. Also he did distance from it and defended Modi like he should as a pm of a democracy when someone does a paid hit job. Trust me with Indians at least we don’t carried away just because someone has a Hindu name so had my doubts but Rishi has my respect. Fine leader :)

That is a nervous laugh from KKWC. He is upset that a hindu, whom he considers salad munchers, is PM of the country he migrated to for better life. According to him, no one takes the PM of UK seriously in Britain and everyone loves the trouble makers residing in Bradford, Luton, Birmingham and Upton Park. And the most funny part is people who has the reputation of most extremist in UK is calling hindus as extremists. Extent to which people go just to sound cool in online forum :))

You and Raj dont understand how it works in the UK. THe BBC doesnt to any docus or exposures unless they are green lighted by the current government. The aim was by Rasheed Sunook (as Biden called him) and UK gov to attack India government and PM for their trade with Russia.

Just because he is of Indian background you think he loves India more than Dilip Kumar :))

That is a nervous laugh from KKWC. He is upset that a hindu, whom he considers salad munchers, is PM of the country he migrated to for better life. According to him, no one takes the PM of UK seriously in Britain and everyone loves the trouble makers residing in Bradford, Luton, Birmingham and Upton Park. And the most funny part is people who has the reputation of most extremist in UK is calling hindus as extremists. Extent to which people go just to sound cool in online forum :))

Rishi Sunak has the lowest approval rate of any PM in modern history, most Brits cannot even pronounce his name. :)))

Hindu extremists did come, there are plenty but ran like cowards after Muslims confronted them. This isnt UP or Bombay , they would get a good hiding here and twice on a Sunday. Eating meat would help them in physical terms, this is just science lad.

Most non-Muslims in India share the same feelings towards, Pakistan by and large because they put country ahead of religion first. I had to use the example of Hindu's in my post#19 so that I could present an comparable analogy to the event in the OP.

Now this doesn't mean that most Muslims in India are Pro-Pakistan. but we cannot deny that there is a significant
soft corner amongst them for Pakistan. I have personally witnessed it and now due to social media this gets amplified pretty quickly.

Fair enough.

I didn't realise that the extent of the opposition was so vehement and as widespread as you have described.

Seems like Muslims are starting to feel like the 'other' and starting to identify Muslim friendly places

Not sure how much you know about India but since ages muslims usually stay in concentrated areas. During my childhood I grew up in a muslim dominated area and have seen few children burst crackers when Pakistan won the WC in 92. But at the same time seen other muslim kids who refused to join them. My experience says those muslims who support pakistan during cricket matches are a very insignificant number.

OK, agreed Indians are small-minded but a question to Pakistani posters. What would happen to a pakistani hindu if he openly supported Indian team? Oh the question is redundant as he cannot dare to even open his mouth. Whether we have such people with right wing mindset. neither are dhood ke dhule huye.

The British government isnt taken seriously by anyone. You cannot deny the Indians have elected extremist Hindu nutjobs more than once, knowing they are full of hate, hence most also share the extremist mindset.

You are not ofcourse, are not after supporting , loving and defending BJP/RSS on a daily basis?

Why will he stop? He is the PM, not BBC's editor.

When asked in the parliament he disagreed with the BBC portrayal.

British government is taken seriously but you have to be taken seriously?

I doubt anyone in the world is going to take the opinion of Pakistan on India seriously.

As long as BJP remains a nationalistic party and away from fake leftist liberalism i will support them.

Last edited:
Back