What attracts you the most about each cricket team?

Unbiased-Fan

Local Club Star
Runs
I have some liking and disliking for every teams. Here I'll share my favourite things about each team (includes management, players and style of play).

1. England
- Almost every bowler can bat
- Playing lots of test matches
- Great grounds, great crowd

2. Australia
- Never Say Die Attitude
- Big grounds
- Big Bash League

3. India
- Batting Culture
- Handling of youngsters
- Professionalism

4. Pakistan
- Young Pacers and raw batting talent
- Comical management
- National anthem

5. Newzealand
- Disciplined players
- No controversies at any level
- Dark horses in tournaments

6. West Indies
- Kemar Roach and Brathwaite who play only tests

7. Srilanka
- Great set of young players like Wellalage, Asalanka and many more

8. Bangladesh
- Immature yet interesting fan base
- Intensified game against India

9. Netherlands
- Part time but big hearted players

10. South Africa
- World class pacers

11. Afghanistan
- Their progress in such a short span of time
- Very High quality spinners

12. Zimbabwe
- Sikandar Raza and other experienced players
- underrated pack of pacers

What is your favourite things about all the teams?

My favourite things:

Pakistan: Rizwan
India: Rohit
Bangladesh: Nagin dance
Afghanistan: Their hate for Pakistan
Zimbabwe: White ball kit
England: Bazball
Australia: Fight till the last ball
NZ: Danny Morrison
WI: Chilled attitude
SA: Pace bowlers
SL: Spinners

Australia : Their unadulterated paendoopana

Bangladesh : Liton Das

Sri Lanka : Slingers, their names

Pakistan: Cornered Tiger mentality

Bharat : Batting heritage

England : Import excellence, Cockolding never to be forgotten cricketing memories to visiting teams over the years as a mere spectator

Afghanistan : For being Hitmen for Bharat

New Zealand : For being the Bazigars in cricket

Southern Afrikaan: For the WAGs

West Indies : For their unreal hitting ability

My favourite things:

Great list..
I forget to mention about kits.

Australia
- 8 times World Champions.
- Efficient and ruthless.
- Most successful team in cricket's history.

NZ
- Good attitudes.
- Tend to punch above their weights.

Pakistan
- Unpredictable.
- Dangerous team when people write them off.
- Current bunch are relatively controversy-free. That's a refreshing change.

India
- They have some good quality players. Bumrah and Rohit are fun to watch (they are humble and likeable also).

SL
- Often surprise big teams.

BD
- Fans can be obnoxious but players are likeable generally.
- Players play with their hearts (even if they can't win always).

South Africa
- Top quality team. A proper heavyweight even though they have never won a World Cup.

England
- Bazball.
- Revolutionized modern day white ball cricket.

Afghanistan
- Cheetah team. Very spirited side.

Windies
- Love their typical Caribbean swag.
- Can be fun to watch when on song.
- Monster hitters.

Ireland
- Spirited side.

Zimbabwe
- Often punch above their weights. Can be interesting at times.

Netherlands
- Strongest associate possibly. Giant killers.

Australia: Semifinal and final ODI wc matches
(Playing different beast in semifinal and final)
Never say die attitude .
Cheaters ,mocking
Gilchrist , ponting ,McGrath,warne. Steve wagh clutch.Symonds assault.

England: Giving importance to test matches.
Bazz ball both in test and ODI's.
Trescothik, Kevin peterson.

South Africa: Giving tough fight to Australia 434 historic chase. Some of the old test matches vs australia.
Hensie cronje captancy, 1999 wc semifinal,
Kristen ,Gibbs, Alan Donald, Rabada.Pollock , kallis clutch.

West indies: The celebration after close encounter wins. T20 games hitting sixes,
414 runs chase vs aus in test with sarvan and chanderpaul knock.
Lara's epic 153 knock vs aus in test.
2004 champion trophy final win,
Lara ,chanderpaul, Ambrose, sarvan, Samuel, chris Gayle sixes.

Pakistan: Waqar Younis spell Sharjah. Shoeb akther bowling, 1990's Shahid Afridi batting. Yousuf youhana elegance.Inzamam's batting.
Dangerous team when everyone writes off...one minutes up and one minutes down...making easy match mess and loose.Dropp catches.
Amir Sohail -venkatesh Prasad fight
Gambhir -Afridi
Umar akmal- gambhir
Akther- harbhajan
Rizwan acting.

Newzealand: Shane bond bowling vs australia .
Close encounter with australia matches .
Their decent behaviour , no mocking.
Morning test matches in newzealand.
Fast bowling.
Shane bond, Stephen Fleming, astle, macmillan, Jacob oram , Trent boult, Vettori

India: saurav ganguly offside drives, ganguly knock vs pak while chasing 314 runs, Sachin tendulkar knocks against australia specially Sharjah desert storm, MS Dhoni captancy, Rohit sharma hitting, king kohli s chase, natwest series final yuvi -kaif knock.
2001 kolkata test win vs aus. Mohd shami bowling , bumrah bowling, Pant gaba knock,
Ashwins spins wicket in test.

Srilanka: 1996 wc memories. Sanath batting, aravinda ,arkuna rantunga's batting,
Srilankas fan drum bells .
All 90's match vs India.

Bangladesh: mushfiq Rahim premature celebration vs India .
Nagin dance.
Bangladesh fans tiger celebration,
Their rivalry vs srilanka. Shakib - Matthews.
Ather ali khan commentry
Tamim batting.

Afghanistan: Fight rivalry with Pakistan, Rashid Khan bowling,
Their self confidance ,
2024 T20 all matches performance, Gulbadin naib acting...
Spinners mujeeb, rashid bowling.

Zimbabwe: 1990's Zimbabwe all team members, with all matches.
Andy flower, Campbell, neil Johnson, Henry olonga, health streak, grant flower, tatenda taibu, blessing muzarbani, ervin, Brendon taylor.
Defeat india and SA in 1999 wc .
Andy flower test and ODI batting.

Apart from my team Pakistan here is the other teams I watch.

England - almost my home team, play good cricket and it's the team I watch the most. Good crowds.

Australia - talent, intensity and never say die attitude. I also love the boxing day tests. Watching it is a family tradition.

India - Good cricket. Every match is an occasion and they have a variety of skills so makes the game interesting.

South Africa - top quality talent. They always have X factor players.

Bangladesh - brotherly country. Passionate fans

The rest I don't follow as much but I also Windies and Sri Lanka mainly for nostalgia for how they performed in previous eras.

As an Indian, commenting on a few of the other teams:

Australia: Great stadia, broadcast quality, cricketers and ex-cricketers who are very knowledgeable about the sport, rich history in all formats of the game.

England: Gatekeepers of test cricket, well attended matches, subpar cricketing system which can't produce a batsman who averages 50+ or a bowler who averages 25-

South Africa: Spicy pitches tailored well for both tests and ODIs, intriguing quota system, rich legacy of cricketers from the 1990s to the mid-2010s.

Pakistan: Buzzing fanbase online who display an entire rainbow of emotions in a single game, backed up poorly by flash-in-the-pan cricketers who fade away as soon as they come to the fore, but a rich legacy from the 1990s and 2000s in particular.

New Zealand: Team greater than the sum of the parts, good world cup history, very likeable cricketers and fans.

Sri Lanka: A Lite version of what they used to be, don't quite have pitches or cricketers radically different from the rest of the sub-continent, don't really know their current cricketers especially with their limited surnames.

West Indies: Running on fumes, wasn't around in their heyday, and with their geographical location they have the worst of all worlds in terms of current eyeballs on the world game, act as an IPL/T20 league feeder for the most part.

Bangladesh: Unlikeable, rowdy cricketers, over-emotional fans, extremely limited success despite long term financial backing, can count number of worthy cricketers in one hand.

Australia - The benchmark
NZ - Underdog tag
England - Anderson
Pakistan - Infighting and drama
South Africa - Pacers
Sri Lanka - The Cricketing destination
Afganistan - Raw Talent

Australia. Opposition getting on to their field will always give you the "welcome to Jurassic Park" vibes.
England:Test matches and good commentary
Pakistan. What have they done
Nz . Punch above their weight and beautiful grounds
Bangladesh. Last time they were more sensible
South Africa. Great test matches and tough battles
Wi. Pace ,Ambrose and Lara
Zimbabwe. Andy Flower
Afg .At your face
Srilanka . Aravinda

Australia: Attitude of Never going down without a fight + consistency
India: Consistency and dominance at home
Pakistan: You never know what they can do on a particular day.

Won't comment on India as it's my team

Australia - The Gold standard across formats and time .

England - Boring whether they stonewall or Bazball with the odd exception. Meltdowns on away tours and ICC tournaments and subsequent ire of the press make them less boring.

New Zealand - Efficient but no real personality . Perpetual underdog narrative so end up occasionally rooting for them.

South Africa - the anti-England. Flair and charisma in abundance. Most watchable team when in rhythm . Most heartbreaking when they get caned.

Pakistan - Lot of pseudo talent, very little actual talent, but ever optimistic fans and unintentionally funny ex cricketers and off field drama has you hooked like
a highly rated soap opera

WI &SL - Any win by them is a bonus
Honest triers who are universally liked

Won't comment on India as it's my team

Australia - The Gold standard across formats and time .

England - Boring whether they stonewall or Bazball with the odd exception. Meltdowns on away tours and ICC tournaments and subsequent ire of the press make them less boring.

New Zealand - Efficient but no real personality . Perpetual underdog narrative so end up occasionally rooting for them.

South Africa - the anti-England. Flair and charisma in abundance. Most watchable team when in rhythm . Most heartbreaking when they get caned.

Pakistan - Lot of pseudo talent, very little actual talent, but ever optimistic fans and unintentionally funny ex cricketers and off field drama has you hooked like
a highly rated soap opera

WI &SL - Any win by them is a bonus
Honest triers who are universally liked
Pakistan cricket is the most entertaining soap opera drama I've ever seen.

Australia : Never say die attitude / play to win mindset
England : aggressive stye of cricket / bazball
India : mix of elegance + power + discipline
South Africa : attacking batters & pace attack
Sri Lanka : unconventional players & skill sets
West Indies : calypso magic when on song
Bangladesh : honest triers
Afghanistan : fearless attitude
Pakistan : best drama queens of the sport

Australia : Never say die attitude / play to win mindset
England : aggressive stye of cricket / bazball
India : mix of elegance + power + discipline
South Africa : attacking batters & pace attack
Sri Lanka : unconventional players & skill sets
West Indies : calypso magic when on song
Bangladesh : honest triers
Afghanistan : fearless attitude
Pakistan : best drama queens of the sport
New Zealand : greatest example of " team bigger than sum of its parts "

Bangladesh -

I remember early days the fans had such crazy love and passion for the cricket team through so much defeats and never gave up supporting. Late order recovery and cameos from Rafique and Mortaza was celebrated like they were in good position to win the match. The hope was so strong kept believing one day in the future BD will do well in ODI’s.

Australia- greatest cricketing nation and great players who never give up

England - always revolutionizing cricket. I love their multifaceted players

Pak - used to be good bowlers, but not so much. I love to watch them mostly due to 80s and 90s nostalgia

Sl- very capable team which always over achieved compared to available resources. Some very aesthetically pleasing and high skilled player

WI - some of the most outrageously talented players have come from there. Always favorites

SA - highly skilled and professional set of players.

NZ - lovable, affable and highly professional players

Zimbabwe - love their enthusiasm and passion

Afg - highly talented and skilled players. Team on the rise

BD - completely useless team which I follow only for their comical performances, clownish behavior from players and high strung supporters. They have to be worse ever team to play any kind of competitive sport. Waste of time as a sports team but great entertainment for non BD fans

Australia - Aggression/ Domination

England - Innovation

South Africa - Individual talents

New Zealand - Nothing

Pakistan - Clownery

Sri Lanka - Unorthodox players

West Indies - Power hitting

Afghanistan - Spirit/ Mentality

Bangladesh - Clownery

Australia: Their stability from domestic cricket to the Test XI, they don't change for change's sake or go with populist tides. 7 of the 11 that started the 5th Ashes Test in 2019 played the 5th Ashes Test in 2023. Compare that to the ridiculous churn of other teams. Until recently they also had the best TV broadcast with that iconic Channel 9 theme and an amazing commentary team.

Afghanistan: Their hooligan fans soured me on them but their rise is incredible. Gulbadin Naib's antics are hilarious.

Bangladesh: Like that decent pacers are finally emerging. I'd watch more BD cricket if they improved the bland pitches and broadcast.

England: When you hear the sounds of the First Test of the English summer - the various stresses in your life momentarily pause and your soul is at rest. It remains the home of Test cricket with pitches generally offering a fair contest. Then there's the coverage. Initially hated Sky taking cricket behind paywall but they've set the standard for sports broadcasting. Love the combination of playful banter and technical analysis.

India: The Manchester City of cricket. Obscenely wealthy and an arm of the ruling party so hard to support but cannot argue they've invested their money wisely with massive rise in professionalism in all aspects. Had a soft spot when Pakistan and India played regularly in the 2000s with that side of Sehwag, Tendulkar, Laxman, Ganguly, Zaheer, Kumble, Nehra, Pathan, Balaji etc. Naively I felt the two countries were gradually becoming closer to the extent by 2008 I was sick of Pakistan-India matches. Be careful what you wish for.

Ireland: Nothing. Will forever hate them for 2007.

New Zealand: Apart from the beautiful grounds and our resident Kiwi @Aman, never warmed to them. A bland team except McCullum's captaincy stint and when Trent Boult's swinging it around corners. The time zone is hard for UK viewers (not their fault) and the commentators except Jeremy Coney and Simon Doull are ridiculously biased (is their fault). Seem more interested in being cute (having their kids announce the WC squad) than developing the ruthlessness of their All Blacks compatriots.

Pakistan: The rare occasions we get it right, there's a joy that beyond words.

South Africa: Newlands Cricket Ground, Allan Donald and Kagiso Rabada. Watching a Cape Town Test with Table Mountain in the background is my dream. Donald wore his heart on his sleeve in comparison to the typically stoic Afrikaaner cricketer. A fired up Rabada is intimidating just watching on a monitor. Dull in the Smith-Kallis era as they played a conservative brand of cricket. More intriguing to watch now their batting is more inconsistent.

Sri Lanka: Mesmerised by them growing up watching Sanath, Sanga, Mahela, Murali, Herath and co. I think of men around the bat chattering as their spinners turned the ball miles past bamboozled batsmen. Their legends don't get enough credit because India and Pakistan hog the subcontinental cricket narrative.

Pakistan fans easily forget this team took bullets for us in 2009. They nearly died to keep Pakistan cricket alive. And they were the first team back in Pakistan. We owe SL for eternity.

West Indies: A heritage only surpassed by Australia. How can you not watch clips of Richards, Lara, Ambrose, Marshall and co and not be awed ? It's a tragedy their grounds now sit empty - that once hosted the sound of the steel pans, the wit and infectious enthusiasm of the fans and the angellic voice of Tony Cozier.

I think of an awful cricket system facing unimaginable odds with long and costly inter-island flights, dated facilities, miniscule revenues and pitiful salaries meaning a constant battle to retain players. Yet still producing electrifiying moments - think Kolkata 2016 or Brisbane 2024. The unmatched flamboyance and innocence makes 1 WI win far more joyful than 10 quietly efficient NZ wins.

Zimbabwe: A nation that's produced serious cricketers and coaches but defined by wasted potential.

My favourite things:

You watch Pakistan for Rizwan?

Aus- Professionalism never die attitude

SA- Athleticism

NZ- Most efficient in any sport and same in cricket.

Eng- Nothing

Pak- Bowling pedigree at least those of yesteryears and great individual performances

WI- GOAT players of all time

Lanka- Cunning

BD- Entertaining

Afghans- Self belief

Back