What do The Royal Family do?

aussie-pak

Local Club Regular
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Runs
1,368
look,im really confused, WHAT DO ROYALS ACTAULLY DO?!! they dont take part in policy making they dont have any say in parliament or anything!


why does the UK have royals!!!!!!!!!!!

they are a waste of space!!


can some1 actually explain to me what chales, the queen, and the rest do!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
they or the head of the Royal family is the head of state of countries like UK and Australia.
 
They symbolise the power that they voluntarily gave to their people over centuries. Compare them with, say the kings of Saudi Arabia, and you will find out what they really do. They are worth their keeping for what they 'don't' do.
 
They cost £37.4m in taxes. Which may seem alot but its only 62p per person, which is about the same as a can of coke (or 2 cans of imported coke in the Asian supermarkets). So basically they cost next to nothing and do next to nothing.
 
aussie-pak said:
look,im really confused, WHAT DO ROYALS ACTAULLY DO?!! they dont take part in policy making they dont have any say in parliament or anything!


why does the UK have royals!!!!!!!!!!!

they are a waste of space!!


can some1 actually explain to me what chales, the queen, and the rest do!

Queen is the head of state of UK, Canada, Australia and a few others. You guys think the Queen is now dead and gone? Yes that is what it looks like but behind the scenes they are the most powerful people at the moment.

Read up more about Bush family, Queen Elizabeth, Saudi Royal family, Federal Reserve of United States, etc. You'll be surprised. They are not a waste of space, they are the rulers of the current new world order working behind the scenes of thier parliament, United States, and Ruling and Business Elite.

The british empire may have been broken but thier influence has gone nowhere and it would be a mistake to say the Queen does nothing!
 
Last edited:
faisalm said:
They cost £37.4m in taxes. Which may seem alot but its only 62p per person, which is about the same as a can of coke (or 2 cans of imported coke in the Asian supermarkets). So basically they cost next to nothing and do next to nothing.

How about bringing in millions and millions tourists?? Surely that accounts to something.
 
Zechariah said:
Queen is the head of state of UK, Canada, Australia and a few others. You guys think the Queen is now dead and gone? Yes that is what it looks like but behind the scenes they are the most powerful people at the moment.

Read up more about Bush family, Queen Elizabeth, Saudi Royal family, Federal Reserve of United States, etc. You'll be surprised. They are not a waste of space, they are the rulers of the current new world order working behind the scenes of thier parliament, United States, and Ruling and Business Elite.

The british empire may have been broken but thier influence has gone nowhere and it would be a mistake to say the Queen does nothing!
Someone's been reading one too many conspiracy theories. :p
 
The Blazer said:
Someone's been reading one too many conspiracy theories. :p

They are not consipiracy theories, genius. It's your own ignorance and if I may add, your age. ;-)
 
Last edited:
They really do not do much nowadays or anthing at all but it is tradition.
 
http://article.wn.com/view/2007/08/.../?template=cheetah-article/displayarticle.txt

She can dissolve the parliament. She has a governer general and a deputy sitting in major countries as well as thier provinces she is rules including Canada and Australia cementing the rule of the Queen in the countries, and dats not doing nothing, those who understand the history of the Royal family will understand what I am trying to say. Canada and Australia have tired many times to gain independence but its not easy but one day it shall come. The Queen of England has both authoritative and consultative powers. Authoritative because she is the Queen and consultative because she can be consulted when important decisions are made such as the War in Iraq [Carlyle group owned by Bush and Royal Family], the policy of Divide and Rule was invented by who? The Royal Family, nothing has changed in terms of forgien policy matters, what the queen wants is done.

An America without Britain alongside it would be weaker, more isolated, and less able to project power on the world stage. There is no realistic alternative to the Special Relationship. Its collapse would be damaging to America's standing as a global power and would significantly undermine America's leadership of the war on terrorism.

For Britain, there is much to lose from any weakening of the Anglo–American alliance: the further loss of sovereignty, the diminution of British glo*bal power and influence, the loosening of defense and intelligence ties, and the unraveling of the close-knit financial, trade, and investment relationship.

The Queen's state visit to the United States should serve as an important reminder of the bonds that link the world's two most powerful nations. It will be a potent symbol of the historic strength of the Anglo–American Special Relationship, a partnership that must continue to flourish if the West is to defeat the scourge of global terrorism and defend the cause of liberty and freedom across the world.
 
Zechariah said:
They are not consipiracy theories, genius. It's your own ignorance and if I may add, your age. ;-)
You think I haven't ever read up on conspiracy theories? :))
 
they do nothing except live off tax payers paisa!!!
 
an old article (1991) about what they do and how much they are worth and some issues that public have with royalty. things may have changed now, their assets may have gone up or down and the expenses probably gone up

At that time the Queen was:
She is the head of Parliament, the Church of England, and the British military. Sealed red leather boxes embossed with her monogram arrive daily containing summaries of all parliamentary proceedings, minutes of cabinet meetings, and Foreign Office dispatches. Every Tuesday evening, if she is in London, she meets privately with the Prime Minister for about 45 minutes

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/1991/03/25/74805/index.htm
 
Last edited:
Zechariah said:
http://article.wn.com/view/2007/08/.../?template=cheetah-article/displayarticle.txt

She can dissolve the parliament. She has a governer general and a deputy sitting in major countries as well as thier provinces she is rules including Canada and Australia cementing the rule of the Queen in the countries, and dats not doing nothing, those who understand the history of the Royal family will understand what I am trying to say. Canada and Australia have tired many times to gain independence but its not easy but one day it shall come. The Queen of England has both authoritative and consultative powers. Authoritative because she is the Queen and consultative because she can be consulted when important decisions are made such as the War in Iraq [Carlyle group owned by Bush and Royal Family], the policy of Divide and Rule was invented by who? The Royal Family, nothing has changed in terms of forgien policy matters, what the queen wants is done.



I think you will find the Queen has absolutly no powers whatsoever but that wouldnt fit in with your paroniod views .

The rest is laughable for instance perhaps you ought to check out the referendums that have happened in Aus

Dont look under the bed you might get scared by all those monsters
 
London (CNN)Britain's Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II, has emerged unhurt after a traffic accident in which the 97-year-old's Land Rover flipped onto its side.

The accident occurred about 3 p.m. local time (10 a.m. ET) on a public road near the Queen's Sandringham estate in Norfolk, police said. Pictures from the scene showed Philip's vehicle laying on its side with debris scattered around it.

Another image showed the vehicle had suffered major damage to the front left-side door -- the opposite to where a driver sits in the UK -- and much of the side.

The other driver involved in the collision "suffered cuts while the female passenger sustained an arm injury, both requiring hospital treatment," police said in a statement.

Both drivers were given breath tests "per department policy," which they both passed.

Following the collision, Philip saw a doctor at the Queen's Sandringham Estate, where he and the monarch are staying.

The crash dominated tabloid coverage in the UK on Thursday, with both the Daily Mail and the Sun leading their websites with it. The Daily Telegraph, a conservative broadsheet, also played the crash up high, with a headline emphasizing Philip's "miracle escape."

However questions were raised over whether the Prince -- five months from his 98th birthday -- should still be driving.

The United Kingdom requires drivers older than 70 to renew their license every three years. While the Queen is not required to have a driving license, Prince Philip is. A royal source said Thursday the prince has a license and follows all procedures required to keep it up to date. The source asked not to be named discussing the prince's personal life.

"Many commentators use high-profile car crashes involving elderly drivers as a reason to call for bans or restrictions on older drivers," Edmund King, president of the UK's Automobile Association, told the Telegraph.

"The decision to hang up your keys is a tough one but should be based on personal advice from your GP and family rather than being based on some arbitrary age. We all age differently and the car is an essential lifeline for many elderly people."

Philip retired from public life in 2017 after 65 years of service, during which he conducted more than 22,000 solo engagements and delivered nearly 5,500 speeches.

His retirement came more than five years after Buckingham Palace initially said he would commence scaling back his workload, though he remained eager to continue many of his duties.

Since taking a step back, Philip has been seen in public at a handful of events with the Queen and other members of the royal family, including last year's weddings of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle and Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/17/uk/duke-of-edinburgh-car-accident-gbr-intl/index.html
 
Prince Philip crash: Woman who broke wrist has not heard from duke

Emma Fairweather says she is "surprised" not to hear personally from Prince Philip after she was treated in hospital.

A mother-of-two who suffered a broken wrist when she was in a car crash involving the Duke of Edinburgh says she has been contacted by the Queen - but has not heard from Prince Philip.

Emma Fairweather, 46, has said she is "surprised" the duke has not tried to contact her personally.

Ms Fairweather said a member of the Queen's staff left a voice message after trying to ring her to find out how she was.


She said it was "confusing" to receive a message "from someone else's partner who wasn't involved in the accident".

"The door is absolutely still open for him to reach out," she told the Daily Mirror.

Broken glass and car parts on the side of the A149 near to the Sandringham Estate where the Duke of Edinburgh was involved in a road accident

The accident took place on the A149 near the Sandringham Estate
"While it's nice the Queen has seen it may be appropriate to ask one of her staff to contact me and wish me well, she wasn't involved in the accident.

"I'm still quite surprised that Prince Philip hasn't felt he wants to contact me and inquire as to how I am."

Ms Fairweather was travelling in a Kia with another woman and a nine-month baby when their car collided with a Land Rover Freelander being driven by the duke near Sandringham in Norfolk.

Despite the force of the crash rolling the 4x4 on to its side, Philip, 97, escaped the crash without injury.

The women in the badly damaged Kia required hospital treatment for their injuries, although the baby was unhurt.

On Sunday Ms Fairweather said she had not been contacted by anyone from the palace following the crash, which happened on Thursday afternoon.

Within 48 hours of the crash, he was pictured driving a new Land Rover without a seatbelt, prompting the police to speak with him about the legal requirement to wear a belt. He also underwent an eyesight test, which he passed.

The Queen attended a church service on the Sandringham Estate on Sunday but was not accompanied by her husband, although he has missed several services in recent weeks.

Norfolk Police are continuing their investigation into the crash, which happened on the A149 shortly before 3pm.

Prince Philip reportedly said "I'm such a fool" as he was pulled from his wrecker car by Roy Warne, who said he heard the duke telling police he had been "dazzled by the sun".

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-p...-heard-from-duke-11613429?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter
 
The British royal family will always be important, even to this day they inspire blockbuster tv shows like Game of Thrones which audiences lap up all over the world. And that show was written by an American author, what does that tell you about the grip the British royals have over their former subjects even to this day?
 
look,im really confused, WHAT DO ROYALS ACTAULLY DO?!! they dont take part in policy making they dont have any say in parliament or anything!


why does the UK have royals!!!!!!!!!!!

they are a waste of space!!


can some1 actually explain to me what chales, the queen, and the rest do!

They are more dangerous than just a waste of space. They take public money and invest it into projects, businesses and have their land protected by law. To make matters worse, without being elected officials, in a so called democratic nation, they have the right to veto laws and use their family members in the house of Lords to influence policy makkng.

The Royal family is dangerous.
 
The Queen signs legislation into law. She advises and warns the PM.

Theoretically she could dissolve Parliament and impose martial law.

The DofE put decades into his award scheme, helping youngsters gain skills.

Charles built a village in Cornwall with his own money.

Phillip, Andrew, William and Harry have all served their nation in combat - the first in the Royal Navy and the rest flying helicopters in the Navy or Army.

They glad-hand round the world to help forge trade deals - Andrew especially.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top