What If Series: What would be your reaction if you learned that the prasad you received from the temple, as a vegetarian, contains animal fat?

Bhaag Viru Bhaag

Senior Test Player
Runs
Imagine receiving prasad from a temple, only to later discover it contains animal fat. For so called Sanatani Hindus who follow a strict vegetarian diet, this can be deeply unsettling, both spiritually and ethically. :murali

After learning that the prasad includes an ingredient that goes against religious beliefs, especially one derived from animals, what would be your reaction as a vegetarian hindu? Are temples in India respecting the dietary beliefs of Hindus? :inti

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't ghee animal fat also? If any thing dairy industry as it is practiced today is no less against the spirit of "hinduism"

This is all drama

I have more respect for vegans in that regard.

The Ram Temple was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi in a grand ceremony on January 22. Several VIPs attended the event

The Tirupati temple laddus, which are embroiled in a controversy over the alleged use of 'animal fat' in ingredients, were distributed during the grand Ram Temple inauguration in Ayodhya in January. This was revealed by Acharya Satyendra Das, the chief priest of the Ayodhya temple, on Friday.

He said 300 kilograms of 'prasad' from the Tirupati temple was distributed to the devotees on the big day. "If animal fat was mixed in the 'prasad', it is unforgivable. Strict action should be taken against people involved in it," Satyendra Das said.

The chief priest also demanded an investigation into the allegation from an investigative agency.

"Vaishnav saints and devotees do not even use garlic and onions. In such a context, the use of fat in the offerings is very unfortunate. It is a mockery of the Hindu faith," Das said.

Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has claimed that a key ingredient used to prepare the laddus given as 'prasadam' in the revered Sri Venkateswara temple contains animal fats and fish oil. He alleged that animal fat was used instead of ghee to make the 'prasadam' when his predecessor Jagan Mohan Reddy was the Chief Minister. TDP has alleged the use of beef tallow, lard, fish oil and palm oil in the laddus.

The Ram Temple was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi on January 22. Mainly VIPs had attended the event.

He will probably chicken out and pretend to be an atheist like you.
Still better than as said above the religion of peace. They ate them unknowingly- whats the big deal.. Lae and order situation- they should charge them accordingly. End of incident.

Similar to a muslim restaurant in an islamic country that served pork instead of beef. Patrons would have consumed pork unknowingly and not their fault. But no need for any fatwas death threats or religious brigades running riots..

Still better than as said above the religion of peace. They ate them unknowingly- whats the big deal.. Lae and order situation- they should charge them accordingly. End of incident.

Similar to a muslim restaurant in an islamic country that served pork instead of beef. Patrons would have consumed pork unknowingly and not their fault. But no need for any fatwas death threats or religious brigades running riots..
his main thrust is that I'm pretending to be an atheist. Fashionable among muslims these days it seems.

Nice try. But I'm not aware of any time Muslims have issued fatwas over something that they have ate or rioted about it.

I am however aware of Hindus doing it over what other people have ate or assumed to have eaten.

Instead of lecturing me lecture the Baba in the video who promised some violence as a result of this. He has issued the threats on behalf of the Hindus. Not sure why ( as usual) you want to say your usual copy pastes about Islam....

OP is making fun of a situation where the previous Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, who is a Christian by faith changed the Ghee contractor who was supplying for the Tirumala temple for the last 40 years. The new contract was for ~310 rupees when the market price for a 1Kg of Ghee was more than Rs1,000. The bigger issue is imagine doing something similar for a different faith and see how they would react.

OP is making fun of a situation where the previous Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, who is a Christian by faith changed the Ghee contractor who was supplying for the Tirumala temple for the last 40 years. The new contract was for ~310 rupees when the market price for a 1Kg of Ghee was more than Rs1,000. The bigger issue is imagine doing something similar for a different faith and see how they would react.
It does not matter who ordered what. For religious followers, this is a bad situation.

Majority will get over it in a few weeks after the Ghee contractor is changed.

It’s sad that many Pakistani posters are making fun of this situation. But they will flip out in rage if the food served in their masjid has forbidden meat. I hope that never happens to them.

It does not matter who ordered what. For religious followers, this is a bad situation.

It’s sad that many Pakistani posters are making fun of this situation. But they will flip out in rage if the food served in their masjid has forbidden meat. I hope that never happens to them.

That’s the point I was trying to make. Non- Hindus can be custodians of Hindu temples and do whatever they want, without any repercussions. Imagine this happening in any other subcontinent country? That community would have been massacred.

C'mon Pak posters follow religion of peace and respect all religions as per religion of peace. they would never make fun of a situation like this.

you are being over sensitive.

Nice try. But I'm not aware of any time Muslims have issued fatwas over something that they have ate or rioted about it.

I am however aware of Hindus doing it over what other people have ate or assumed to have eaten.

Instead of lecturing me lecture the Baba in the video who promised some violence as a result of this. He has issued the threats on behalf of the Hindus. Not sure why ( as usual) you want to say your usual copy pastes about Islam....
Again as i said i don't care if people eat it unknowingly. So you have opinions on people eating- i don't care- but why is pork banned in few Islamic countries?? Why not let people who want to eat pork eat it??

The baba who said the above should be charged with an fir and appropriate legal action has to be taken. A law and order issue that the police must handle very sternly..And no copy pasting here. Asking questions and wanting to post facts unlike you where its my way or the highway and thinking your religion is superior to others where others don't agree.

Why Islamists are gleeing over this situation? Weren't they only against Hindutva? This situation affects all Hindus.

This has been case for centuries with these people. Now a days they use the guise of Hindutva to mock and abuse all Hindus. Hypocrites of highest order.

To be honest, I haven't seen a Pakistani or Muslim poster make fun of this situation. Even the couple of posters who did pop in to comment seem to have expressed sympathy.

I think most Muslims understand this would be the equivalent (or worse) of Haj pilgrims being sneakily force fed pork in Makkah.

To be honest, I haven't seen a Pakistani or Muslim poster make fun of this situation. Even the couple of posters who did pop in to comment seem to have expressed sympathy.

I think most Muslims understand this would be the equivalent (or worse) of Haj pilgrims being sneakily force fed pork in Makkah.
This is all orchestrated and silently encouraged

If you want to see example of this

news of pak terrorists hiding under a bangladesh thread

I only feel bad for the genuine Hindus who don’t even consume onions or garlic. I have no sympathy for the "joshila" types who eat meat six days a week but act like saints on Tuesdays. :inti
Even if you have to make a point , this a stupid way to make it. Many Hindus do that where they are strict vegetarians on Tuesday and eat meat on other days. Not all Hindus are brahmins.

Even if you have to make a point , this a stupid way to make it. Many Hindus do that where they are strict vegetarians on Tuesday and eat meat on other days. Not all Hindus are brahmins.
cricket team blows, hockey team is wearing chinese unform, economy is the crapper, constitution is getting treated like toilet paper.

They have to prop themselves in someway.

Again as i said i don't care if people eat it unknowingly. So you have opinions on people eating- i don't care- but why is pork banned in few Islamic countries?? Why not let people who want to eat pork eat it??

The baba who said the above should be charged with an fir and appropriate legal action has to be taken. A law and order issue that the police must handle very sternly..And no copy pasting here. Asking questions and wanting to post facts unlike you where its my way or the highway and thinking your religion is superior to others where others don't agree.
I actually never said anything about your religion apart from express sympathy.

I only tagged @uppercut because he felt it's appropriate for Hindus to riot and burn down houses when "provoked".

But sadly, again the anger is weirdly directed at Muslims by the usual suspects here.

C'mon Pak posters follow religion of peace and respect all religions as per religion of peace. they would never make fun of a situation like this.

you are being over sensitive.

Isn't ghee animal fat also? If any thing dairy industry as it is practiced today is no less against the spirit of "hinduism"

This is all drama

I have more respect for vegans in that regard.

So wait you call it drama but then throw insults at Muslims and Pakistanis for allegedly making fun of the incident?

Someone make this make sense for me.

It's funny because the first people who mentioned other religions were you and @rpant_gabba. And then another "atheist" started to make comments about Islam too @Champ_Pal.

I actually never said anything about your religion apart from express sympathy.

I only tagged @uppercut because he felt it's appropriate for Hindus to riot and burn down houses when "provoked".

This seems like a big provocation so I assumed he was buying matches and fuel.

But sadly, again the anger is weirdly directed at Muslims by the usual suspects here.
Please. you and couple of mods try to wind indians up. I do my best to show you guys the mirror. suck it up.

Is eating meat on other days but acting like a saint on Tuesday not hypocritical in your eyes? :inti
absolutely. pretending that one animal is somehow more "sacred" than others, thats garbage too.

don't have any time any religions. they are all f'n nuts.

This is why Hindus should have control of their temples.

When non hindus have power to administer hindu temples these kind of things are bound to happen.

Funds are siphoned from Hindu temples, non Hindus are allowed to administer the temple. Non Hindus are given jobs in the temple.

Its absolutely essential to free every temple from the clutches of state governments in South India.

Jagan is going to face some music.

Lol what? You are literally saying the same thing and proving my point. The only difference is, I am calling out those Hindus

who turn into saints on Tuesdays by avoiding meat like it’s some holy quest.

Do you really think skipping chicken nuggets once a week is earning you some divine bonus points? Lol, nice try though. :inti

Lol what? You are literally saying the same thing and proving my point. The only difference is, I am calling out those Hindus who turn into saints on Tuesdays by avoiding meat like it’s some holy quest.

Do you really think skipping chicken nuggets once a week is earning you some divine bonus points? Lol, nice try though. :inti
Nowhere is it said that you have to be a strict vegetarian to be a practising Hindu.

Catholics across the world also give up meat during Lent and eat meat the rest of the year.

Lol what? You are literally saying the same thing and proving my point. The only difference is, I am calling out those Hindus who turn into saints on Tuesdays by avoiding meat like it’s some holy quest.

People have beliefs and i dont care as long as it doesn't hurt others and it's not shoved doen and forced on others. Why do muslims fast during the day Ramadan and break the fast at sunset. So do they turn into saints during daytime by avoiding any food or drink like it's some holy quest. Are you one of them - your own logic ?

Do you really think skipping food during daytime in Ramadan is earning you some divine bonus points? Lol, nice try though.. 😂

Nowhere is it said that you have to be a strict vegetarian to be a practising Hindu.

Catholics across the world also give up meat during Lent and eat meat the rest of the year.
You should try to disprove him using Hinduism not bringing in other religions.

Believing Catholics as a whole practice lent.

Here it seems like believing Hindus fall into different brackets and pick and choose what is holy or not holy.

Rather than attempting to malign other faiths which seems to be standard practice from this thread with the random stuff about Islam and Catholics show him what's what by using Hinduism.

The randomly bringing in other religions is displaying a lot of insecurity.

You should try to disprove him using Hinduism not bringing in other religions.

Believing Catholics as a whole practice lent.

Here it seems like believing Hindus fall into different brackets and pick and choose what is holy or not holy.

Rather than attempting to malign other faiths which seems to be standard practice from this thread with the random stuff about Islam and Catholics show him what's what by using Hinduism.

The randomly bringing in other religions is displaying a lot of insecurity.
I'm questioning his logic. Hindus have a practice of upvas where they either fast or give up meat etc.

Also those who have personal/family deity as Hanuman traditionally dont eat meat on Tuesdays.

It exists in the tradition and it does not make anyone a hypocrite for following it..

It is analogous to calling Catholics hypocrites for abstaining from meat during Lent . Which is why I used that example.

Believing Hindus practice a variety of traditions based on region and personal deities etc.

I'm questioning his logic. Hindus have a practice of upvas where they either fast or give up meat etc.

Also those who have personal/family deity as Hanuman traditionally dont eat meat on Tuesdays.

It exists in the tradition and it does not make anyone a hypocrite for following it..

It is analogous to calling Catholics hypocrites for abstaining from meat during Lent . Which is why I used that example.
Thank you - that explanation makes sense and explains from Hindu perspective that its actually quite normal for many observant Hindus to abstain from meat on one day only.

People have beliefs and i dont care as long as it doesn't hurt others and it's not shoved doen and forced on others. Why do muslims fast during the day Ramadan and break the fast at sunset. So do they turn into saints during daytime any food or drink like it's some holy quest. Are you one of them - your own logic ?

Do you really think skipping food during daytime in Ramadan is earning you some divine bonus points? Lol, nice try though.. 😂
You brought up Ramadan to deflect from your hypocrisy, but let me ask you this: Do Hindus consume meat during Navratri? Muslims don’t stop eating meat during Ramadan. It's ironic that you are trying to appear intelligent, but you are coming across as foolish. :rabada2

Selective meat-avoidance and playing saint for a day, if you think that's the same as Ramadan, I really can’t help you, lol. Who are you trying to fool anyway? Some Hindus follow their own 'customized' version of Hinduism. Meanwhile, temple food doesn’t even include onions or garlic in the bhandara, yet you think munching on chicken legs for six days and skipping them on Tuesdays somehow counts as a virtuous act.

There is also a temple where they offer liquor to Bhairo Baba. :inti

Thank you - that explanation makes sense and explains from Hindu perspective that its actually quite normal for many observant Hindus to abstain from meat on one day only.
And the same people shed tears and act like devoted cow protectors. Hypocrites at their finest. :inti

Believing Hindus practice a variety of traditions based on region and personal deities etc.

Here it is again: :inti

What would be your reaction if you learned that the prasad you received from the temple, as a vegetarian, contains animal fat?​

If you are a non-vegetarian, feel free to skip this

Lol what? You are literally saying the same thing and proving my point. The only difference is, I am calling out those Hindus

who turn into saints on Tuesdays by avoiding meat like it’s some holy quest.

It’s called faith. Or blind faith. Which many religious folks defend like it’s absolute fact and get upset when questioned.

Would you apply the same logic to other religions?

You brought up Ramadan to deflect from your hypocrisy, but let me ask you this: Do Hindus consume meat during Navratri? Muslims don’t stop eating meat during Ramadan. It's ironic that you are trying to appear intelligent, but you are coming across as foolish. :rabada2

Selective meat-avoidance and playing saint for a day, if you think that's the same as Ramadan, I really can’t help you, lol. Who are you trying to fool anyway? Some Hindus follow their own 'customized' version of Hinduism. Meanwhile, temple food doesn’t even include onions or garlic in the bhandara, yet you think munching on chicken legs for six days and skipping them on Tuesdays somehow counts as a virtuous act.

There is also a temple where they offer liquor to Bhairo Baba. :inti
Semantics. Guess its the fool who thinks others are foolish - oh the irony.
Regarding eating habits- as i said its a " belief" . What form it takes is upto the individual and his or her religion. Fasting during Ramadan is probably not the best practice healthwise but its a culturall tradition and its just that. Simple. For you to be claiming piousness virtuosity etc etc is just stupid word gymnastics.

And you said " customized" version of H - well thats the whole principle. Hinduism is not a homogeneous religion and folks can interpret it the way they want , even criticize it if aome rhings are irrationall. , modify and evolve it to suit modern norms unlike Islam whee it is strictly implemented and blasphemous to go against anything in the holy book... thats the difference..:genius:inti

It's funny how in an argument between Hindus about Hindu beliefs and Hindus eating cow indirectly that the right wingers still rely on their copy pastes about Islam.

It's funny how in an argument between Hindus about Hindu beliefs and Hindus eating cow indirectly that the right wingers still rely on their copy pastes about Islam.
And thats because for posters like you everything in Islam is perfect and all the other religions are inferior filled with non believers. thats the difference...

And thats because for posters like you everything in Islam is perfect and all the other religions are inferior filled with non believers. thats the difference...

You are the one who came rushing in to call Muslims in a thread about Hindus and for some reason have persisted on an Islam bashing spree.

How about you answer the OP and let's see your stance on the actual topic ( let's see if you are strong enough to talk about Hinduism without mentioning Islam)?

Would you eat the beef laddus?

You are the one who came rushing in to call Muslims in a thread about Hindus and for some reason have persisted on an Islam bashing spree.

How about you answer the OP and let's see your stance on the actual topic ( let's see if you are strong enough to talk about Hinduism without mentioning Islam)?

Would you eat the beef laddus?
Have replied to the OPs posts above. You should go read them again. Am not insecure about my religion or faith or whatever of which you have no idea unlike you - thats the difference

People have beliefs and i dont care as long as it doesn't hurt others and it's not shoved doen and forced on others. Why do muslims fast during the day Ramadan and break the fast at sunset. So do they turn into saints during daytime by avoiding any food or drink like it's some holy quest. Are you one of them - your own logic ?

Semantics. Guess its the fool who thinks others are foolish - oh the irony.
Regarding eating habits- as i said its a " belief" . What form it takes is upto the individual and his or her religion. Fasting during Ramadan is probably not the best practice healthwise but its a culturall tradition and its just that. Simple. For you to be claiming piousness virtuosity etc etc is just stupid word gymnastics.

And you said " customized" version of H - well thats the whole principle. Hinduism is not a homogeneous religion and folks can interpret it the way they want , even criticize it if aome rhings are irrationall. , modify and evolve it to suit modern norms unlike Islam whee it is strictly implemented and blasphemous to go against anything in the holy book... thats the difference..:genius:inti

Here are your posts. They just seem to be rambling about Muslims.

Is it possible to discuss Hindu beliefs without mentioning Muslims?

This is a common tactic some use. In threads about Modi, they divert the conversation by bringing up Rahul Gandhi. In discussions about Hindus, they shift the focus to Muslims. Is it really so difficult to stay on topic, or is this a deliberate attempt to deflect from the issue and avoid embarrassment? When all else fails, they resort to name-calling the thread starter. How many of them actually answered the OP? :inti

Its because your posts try to show the gross inadequacies in other religions. And I am fine with it. If you want to do it - you should be to open to all religions bing discussed. But no - you want to pile up only on one religion. And thats the point I am making.

Its because your posts try to show the gross inadequacies in other religions. And I am fine with it. If you want to do it - you should be to open to all religions bing discussed. But no - you want to pile up only on one religion. And thats the point I am making.
To save you from scrolling, here is my question again: :inti

What would be your reaction if you learned that the prasad you received from the temple, as a vegetarian, contains animal fat?​

To save you from scrolling, here is my question again: :inti

Answer is in post #22 with some tadka for you BVB style :ROFLMAO: :inti

'Mistake Was Made': Tirumala Temple Board Holds 'Purification Ritual' In Kitchens Amid Tirupati Laddoo Row​

Amid the raging controversy of the alleged use of “beef tallow” in the ghee used to make the famous Tirupati laddoos, the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams on Monday (September 23) held a “purification ritual” in the kitchens where the prasadam is prepared.

The ritual, called the Mahashanti Yagam, took place a day after Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu ordered an SIT probe into the alleged use of animal fat in making the consecrated laddoos.

The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) is the board that manages the Sri Venkateswara Swamy temple in Tirumala. It said a “mistake” has been committed by offering prasadam and laddoos made of adulterated ghee to the Tirupati deity.

The TTD further said it organised the Mahashanti Yagam as a “purification ritual to atone for this”. The event’s aim was to “rectify the mistake and maintain the sanctity of the temple”, it said.

The board said panchagavya, or five sacred products, were used to purify the laddoo potu (the kitchen where the laddoo is made) and annprasadam potu (the kitchen where the prasadam is made). The entire temple premises were “purified” using panchagavya, it said.

Eight archakas, or priests, and three agama advisers took part in the ritual. TTD executive officer Shyamala Rao and other board officials were also present.

Back