What will be your India 15-member squad for the ICC T20I World Cup 2024?

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
The news is circulating that Virat Kohli might miss out on the Squad for the T20I World Cup. This was india's squad in the last T20I series they played against Afghanistan in Januray:

Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Virat Kohli, Tilak Varma, Rinku Singh, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Sanju Samson (wk), Shivam Dube, Washington Sundar, Axar Patel, Ravi Bishnoi, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar.

What will be your India's squad for the World Cup and how many of the above mentioned squad will keep their place for the World Cup team?

Please share your views on this.

Last edited:
I think Broad is correct. If any format of cricket in which cricket takes the backseat, it is T20. Undeserving or not, Kohli will most probably play as a brand. And i dont care

I think Broad is correct. If any format of cricket in which cricket takes the backseat, it is T20. Undeserving or not, Kohli will most probably play as a brand. And i dont care
so
What will be your India's squad for the World Cup?

1) Rohit sharma
2) Jaiswal
3) Shubman Gill
4) Kohli
5) Sky
6) Chinaman kuldeep
7) Siraj
8) Bumrah
9) jitesh sharma
10) Ricky Singh
11) KL rahul/ Sanju Sampson tbh I don't who will be selected but ik jitesh sharma is gonna be the frontline keeper this time around
12) Hardick pandya
13) Ravi bishnoi
14) ravinder jadeja
15) Arshdeep singh

I feel like this is the squad India will take.

Kohli ain't going anywhere, otherwise it'll be a stupid decision to drop him. All this rumors that he'll struggle is highly unlikely, slow wickets have never been an issue for him before in his 10+ years he's played, people are acting as if he's never played t20 cricket on slow wickets before and has never dominated.

dont care as long as rohit dosent play, they guy has been awful in every t20 wc.

ambivalent about kohli

1) Rohit sharma
2) Jaiswal
3) Shubman Gill
4) Kohli
5) Sky
6) Chinaman kuldeep
7) Siraj
8) Bumrah
9) jitesh sharma
10) Ricky Singh
11) KL rahul/ Sanju Sampson tbh I don't who will be selected but ik jitesh sharma is gonna be the frontline keeper this time around
12) Hardick pandya
13) Ravi bishnoi
14) ravinder jadeja
15) Arshdeep singh

I feel like this is the squad India will take.
I think washi may be there in team 15.back up keeper will be in 18 I believe.Kohli pr team vs selection committee now.

I believe rohit and kohli got auditioned against spin attack against afg.Rohit played the last match well and kohli didn't do anything. Infact kohli tried to slog a bit but was not successful

The news is circulating that Virat Kohli might miss out on the Squad for the T20I World Cup. This was india's squad in the last T20I series they played against Afghanistan in Januray:

Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Virat Kohli, Tilak Varma, Rinku Singh, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Sanju Samson (wk), Shivam Dube, Washington Sundar, Axar Patel, Ravi Bishnoi, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar.

What will be your India's squad for the World Cup and how many of the above mentioned squad will keep their place for the World Cup team?

Stuart Broad is not ready to accept it that Virat might miss the upcoming T20 World Cup.

9KYtn9S.png

This is the team I like
1) jaiswal
2) kohli
3) sky
4) Hardik
5) Rinku
6) jitesh sharma
7) Washington
8) Bishnoi
9) siraj
10) Bumrah
11) Arshdeep
12) Axar
13) kuldeep
14) Dube
15) Umran
cover players - sanju, Gill, Mavi

but know this won't happen bcci have other plan bcci likely to pick this team

1) Rohit-c
2) Jaiswal
3) Kohli or Gill
4) sky
5) Kl Rahul wk
6) Hardik
7) jadeja
8) Kuldeep
9) Bumrah
10) siraj
11) Mukesh
12) Rinku
13) Axar
14) bishnoi
15) Arshdeep
Cover players - jitesh sharma, Ashwin, Avesh

If Kohli misses the world cup then Mohammed Amir and Imad Wasim will be in tears.

For the sake of their mental health I hope he plays.
You do realise it was Imad who arranged the meeting between Kohli and Babar?

People can say what they want and Kohli probably will be selected due to pressure from broadcasters etc .

But Indian cricket has a lot of depth and quality currently especially in white ball and he won't be missed at all on those slow, Caribbean wickets.

Heck , even in Tests , he wasn't missed either in Australia or in the recent home series vs England.

Plenty of options who can step and probably do even better.

Kohli isn't missing out, major drama, only way kohli misses out is if he himself states he isn't playing this tournament.
Eng series is over and a couple of weeks are left between IPL so they needed some drama to keep fans involved. This has been happening for years and everytime fans keep getting baited.

People can say what they want and Kohli probably will be selected due to pressure from broadcasters etc .

But Indian cricket has a lot of depth and quality currently especially in white ball and he won't be missed at all on those slow, Caribbean wickets.

Heck , even in Tests , he wasn't missed either in Australia or in the recent home series vs England.

Yep it just like saying India would have continued with Tendaulkar after 2011, Time changes and just allows the new guys to fill in the show. So BCCI should also move on from him.

Jay Shah is watching too much saas bahu dramas these days.
He needs drama after every second because that's the only thing which gives him happiness. He looks like a man with past traumas, now he is healing those traumas by keeping other people in traumas.
He is just playing with the fans to create drama and tension between fans.
We know you know everyone knows, there is no Indian team without Virat Kohli.
Man with 400 million followers across the social platforms, do you think they will drop him.
Indian fans will buy tickets to watch who?
Surya Kumar yadav? Who looks like ab de Villiers in bilateral and Raza Sufi from char minar in icc tournaments.
Rohit? Who is still figuring out how he should try to avoid Vada pav.
I mean who they gonna watch?
Virat is the brand and no way they gonna drop him.

Rohit Sharma doesn't deserve a place in the T20 team, let alone the captaincy.
He has been very poor in the T20 format in recent times. He is the main culprit behind our losses in T20 tournaments with his pathetic tuk tuk approach in the power play, and he is struggling in the IPL too.

I have zero hopes for this World Cup. Again, we are playing with a bunch of mediocre players like Rohit, KL, and Jaddu etc. This should be the last chance for SKY to prove something other than bashing in bilateral matches.

what's the point in selecting a team now? pretty sure plenty will end up injured in the tournament. :afridi

India should send a young squad like in 2007. Cannot keep playing these seniors. Experience hurts India more than it helps. Nobody wants to see "responsible" innings in T20. Have fun. If you are lucky you win. If not tough luck. Atleast you get to see new talents

My friend, you’re contradicting yourself there. He’ll be missed much more on slower wickets where stroke making is not easy. When India is down 34/3 after 5 overs perishing trying to hit everything into the orbit, you’ll wish for someone to show responsibility to shepherd an innings and guide others around him.
On good patta wickets I can understand those views, not on difficult wickets.

What??

Out goes - Jitesh, Avesh, Mukesh and Bishnoi
In comes - KL Rahul (He will be the keeper batsman), Bumrah and Sriaj.

Why would any team want Avesh or Mukesh in any of their teams unless you want to lose badly? :ROFLMAO:

My friend, you’re contradicting yourself there. He’ll be missed much more on slower wickets where stroke making is not easy. When India is down 34/3 after 5 overs perishing trying to hit everything into the orbit, you’ll wish for someone to show responsibility to shepherd an innings and guide others around him.
Nailed it. Kohli is a must in any of the Indian squads. I doubt any batsman in the Indian squad can handle pressure like Kohli.

I suppose that's why Kohli strikes at 105 against spin in the IPL since 2020.

Kohli is terrible on slow pitches.

Every time IPL was held in UAE, he struggled.

You need spin hitters on those pitches and he's not one.

Has declined severely against spin in the middle overs.

On fast and bouncy tracks, it's understandable because he has that range against pace.

On fast and bouncy tracks, it's understandable because he has that range against pace.
You need Kohli to chase down low targets on sluggish pitches under pressure. He will win at least 2 matches by himself.

I agree that Kohli can sometimes be a liability while chasing or posting big targets. But the man is worth in Gold when it comes to pressure situations. No other batsman in the Indian lineup can win matches for India from improbable situations.

You need Kohli to chase down low targets on sluggish pitches under pressure. He will win at least 2 matches by himself.

I agree that Kohli can sometimes be a liability while chasing or posting big targets. But the man is worth in Gold when it comes to pressure situations. No other batsman in the Indian lineup can win matches for India from improbable situations.
You cannot ask Opposition everytime to allow India to chase a medium total.. He has always been mediocre on slow wickets. And in T20 there is no need for "Shepherding ". Hit out or get out

Kohli is great vs pace but spin is still his weakness. Pakistan don't have the quality in spin bowling which is why in front of Kohli, they always bow down.

If Kohli is struggling to put away balls on a slow wicket, do you really believe hitting out is the best option? Do you think SKY, Rohit, and co. will be able to score freely? The slow wickets are not high scoring, probably 145-150 will be a good score there. 1’s and 2’s will also be important here. I would think struggling to 128/9 because everyone else lost their wickets to slogs is not a good option. I would rather be 150/6 accelerating at the end on such wickets.

Kohli is great vs pace but spin is still his weakness. Pakistan don't have the quality in spin bowling which is why in front of Kohli, they always bow down.
This . Trash spinners like Nawaz will be dispatched by Kohli. He still couldn't hit Shadab.

If Kohli is struggling to put away balls on a slow wicket, do you really believe hitting out is the best option? Do you think SKY, Rohit, and co. will be able to score freely? The slow wickets are not high scoring, probably 145-150 will be a good score there. 1’s and 2’s will also be important here. I would think struggling to 128/9 because everyone else lost their wickets to slogs is not a good option. I would rather be 150/6 accelerating at the end on such wickets.
He bats most of the time in Bangalore , which is the quickest pitch in India and still doesn't hit spin over there.

First, you tried to mix up the Australian and English home test series with the T20 World Cup, and now you're talking about the IPL. Can you name a few batsmen who have performed better than Kohli in the last five ICC tournaments?
You could argue that we need more spin hitters in the middle order, but our scorecard often starts at 30/3 after 6 overs with so-called spin hitters like Pant, Hardik, SKY, KL, Rohit and Iyer, who haven't done anything other than laying eggs on the international platform. Who are those so-called IPL bashers you're referring to? It's Kohli who has consistently bailed out the team in all tournaments, and no one comes close to him in T20 tournaments.

Question is, if Kohli can't hit spinners on slow tracks, then who are those so-called hitters in the current team who have won matches? What have they done in the last few tournaments?

Please provide some names, we will discuss with some stats. :misbah

Just looked his stats in WI in T20Is - For context, Kohli strikes at 142 in WI. And it’s not just spinners that will bowl to him.

First, you tried to mix up the Australian and English home test series with the T20 World Cup, and now you're talking about the IPL. Can you name a few batsmen who have performed better than Kohli in the last five ICC tournaments?
You could argue that we need more spin hitters in the middle order, but our scorecard often starts at 30/3 after 6 overs with so-called spin hitters like Pant, Hardik, SKY, KL, Rohit and Iyer, who haven't done anything other than laying eggs on the international platform. Who are those so-called IPL bashers you're referring to? It's Kohli who has consistently bailed out the team in all tournaments, and no one comes close to him in T20 tournaments.

You accuse me of mixing up formats when you are talking about last 5 ICC tournaments which were all in different formats.

My analogy was about how India won't miss Kohli in T20 cricket just like how they didn't miss him in the Test series . It was not a comparison of the formats

Just looked his stats in WI in T20Is - For context, Kohli strikes at 142 in WI. And it’s not just spinners that will bowl to him.
2014 T20 World Cup played in Bangladesh on slower pitches, Virat was the top scorer with a strike rate of 130, while Rohit was the fourth-highest scorer with a strike rate of 123.

You accuse me of mixing up formats when you are talking about last 5 ICC tournaments which were all in different formats.

My analogy was about how India won't miss Kohli in T20 cricket just like how they didn't miss him in the Test series . It was not a comparison of the formats
I was referring to the last 5 T20 tournaments, not different formats.

I do agree that in Test format, we have plenty of potential players for Tests, but we don't have in T20. All the IPL bullies are good for the IPL standards, but they've turned out to be duds in T20 tournaments. That was my point.

That doesn't include Lauderhill where India plays T20's whenever they tour the Caribbean .

He averages 29 at 125 strike rate. Not to mention the last time he played there was in 2019. So, even at his best he wasn't a great player in those conditions.

A better gauge would be comparing with those players who played for India in the Caribbean in 2021 and 2022.

I was referring to the last 5 T20 tournaments, not different formats.

I do agree that in Test format, we have plenty of potential players for Tests, but we don't have in T20. All the IPL bullies are good for the IPL standards, but they've turned out to be duds in T20 tournaments. That was my point.

What relevance does his performance in 2014 and 2016 have in 2024. He has declined a lot as a player in the last 5 years.

What relevance does his performance in 2014 and 2016 have in 2024. He has declined a lot as a player in the last 5 years.
I am okay if the management wants to remove Kohli; no issues.
But there are many players who need to be sacked before him, as they haven't done anything other than choking in every T20 tournament. IPL bullies like SKY, Iyer, Ishan, etc., have yet to make an impact.

Kohli is declined, but statistically, he still outperforms most batsmen in current Indian team. Even in the recent World Cup 2022/23.What's the point of removing a top performer like Kohli from the team and continuing with mediocre players like Rohit, Jadeja, KL, etc.?

If they want to, they have to remove all non-performing players and go fresh with youngsters.

That doesn't include Lauderhill where India plays T20's whenever they tour the Caribbean .

He averages 29 at 125 strike rate. Not to mention the last time he played there was in 2019. So, even at his best he wasn't a great player in those conditions.

A better gauge would be comparing with those players who played for India in the Caribbean in 2021 and 2022.
They won’t be playing at Lauderhill this time around, will they?

Just look at this argument
Include Lauderhill too :yk :yk

Our best chance is to go with a completely new squad, like we did in 2007. T20 is a young man's game, fear of failure hinders many of our older guys.

Yashasvi
Gill
Ruturaj
Samson
Tilak
Rinku
Jitesh
Dube
Jurel
Pandya
Bumrah
Arshdeep
Siraj
Kuldeep
Bishnoi

Our best chance is to go with a completely new squad, like we did in 2007. T20 is a young man's game, fear of failure hinders many of our older guys.

Yashasvi
Gill
Ruturaj
Samson
Tilak
Rinku
Jitesh
Dube
Jurel
Pandya
Bumrah
Arshdeep
Siraj
Kuldeep
Bishnoi

This man gets it. It's really pointless going back to the same old well of Jadeja, Shami , Kohli, Rohit etc

They are old and they have the scars of losing in every tournament they have played in over the last decade.

With 280 days of cricketing rights in an year, including IPL and ICC tournaments, Kohli's destiny is in the hand of Nita Ambani, who's at the helm of affairs for viacom18-hotstar Disney merged entity. Anyone who thinks otherwise, perhaps doesn't know how commercial sports work.

India's T20 World Cup Squad: One Big Star To Miss Out, 'Close Call' Over Wicketkeeper's Slot – Report

The national selection committee is unlikely to blood any rookie IPL performer during the upcoming T20 World Cup in the Americas but a couple of tried-and-tested faces might have to brace up for disappointment when the squad is finalised by the end of this month. With the ICC making it mandatory to announce the provisional 15-member squad by May 1 cut-off date, Ajit Agarkar and his colleagues have some straightforward choices to make if every member of the team is fit.

"There would not be any experimentation or left-field selections. All those who have played for India and have done well consistently in T20 Internationals and the IPL will be rewarded," a BCCI source told PTI on conditions of anonymity.

It is understood that one among Shubman Gill and Yashasvi Jaiswal might miss out but in case both proven performers are selected in the final 15, then only one among two finishers -- Kolkata Knight Riders' Rinku Singh and Chennai Super Kings' Shivam Dube -- will get the nod.

The other close call could be for the second wicketkeeper's slot where Sanju Samson has competition from Jitesh Sharma, KL Rahul and Ishan Kishan.

Rahul and Kishan bat at the top of the order, and they haven't tried batting in the middle order in this IPL so far, which makes it difficult for the selectors to analyse their impact down the order.

Although Hardik Pandya's bowling fitness remains a concern, there is no immediate doubt on his selection. Much like him, Virat Kohli's inclusion is also a formality.

The other automatic selections are skipper Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah, Ravindra Jadeja, Rishabh Pant, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammed Siraj and Kuldeep Yadav. These 10 names, if fit, will definitely be on the flight across the Atlantic.

It is understood that Siraj is being rested by RCB as he has been playing constantly and needed workload management.

In the choice between Gill and Jaiswal, the former has scored more runs but in case of Jaiswal, who has been a big find for Indian cricket, the selection committee might not give up easily on him merely for a few low IPL scores.

Also, being the only left-hander in inside the top four is a novelty and in a largely unidimensional top order.

However, if Gill piles up enough runs, it will be a difficult choice unless the selectors accommodate both and drop one among Shivam and Rinku from the 15.

The reserve spinner's slot could also be a three-way battle between Axar Patel, a handy batter apart from being an accurate left-arm spinner, Yuzvendra Chahal, who is yet to play a single T20 World Cup match in his nine-year international career, and Ravi Bishnoi, who plays for Lucknow Super Giants.

While Chahal is head and shoulders above the other two in terms of bowling skills, his repeated omissions from important squads leaves a big question mark about his inclusion showpiece in June.

Impact Player rule is hurting team selection

A former international player, who is also a broadcaster, gave an interesting insight. "The 'Impact Player' rule, which is basically a glorified '12-a-side' cricket contest has been good for IPL viewership but detrimental for Indian cricket. It has killed the concept of all-rounder and hence a half-fit Hardik Pandya also has premium value because he can bowl," he stated.

"Think about it, if there was no Impact Player rule, could MS Dhoni (not Ruturaj Gaikwad) as CSK 'skipper' afford to not bowl Dube? Selectors don't know about Dube's bowling form.

"Similarly, a guy like Rahul Tewatia is no longer in contention despite being a good finisher, who also used to be a handy leg-break bowler. He doesn't bowl now as he is an 'Impact Player'. Who is it hurting? The national team," he pointed out.

New crop of T20 players

The likes of Riyan Parag, Mayank Yadav, Abhishek Sharma, and Harshit Rana have all performed well but it is understood that the selection committee would like to follow the process of easing them in via bilateral cricket instead of putting them to test in a high-stakes World T20 game.

There are two white-ball series against Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka and these young men would be in line for their India debuts at that time. Nitish Reddy, who is a seam bowling all-rounder and was part of India Emerging side that toured Sri Lanka last year, could also follow the same path.

It will be interesting to see if BCCI makes arrangements for the likes of Mayank Yadav, Harshit Rana or Akash Madhwal to be taken as net bowlers, which will also give them good exposure.

The probable 20 (15+5 stand bys) in contention:

Specialist Batters (6): Rohit Sharma, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rinku Singh All-Rounders

(4): Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Shivam Dube, Axar Patel.

Specialist Spinners (3): Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ravi Bishnoi.

Wicketkeeper-batter (3): Rishabh Pant, KL Rahul and Sanju Samson.

Pacers(4): Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Arshdeep Singh and Avesh Khan.

SOURCE: NDTV

India's T20 World Cup Squad: One Big Star To Miss Out, 'Close Call' Over Wicketkeeper's Slot – Report

The national selection committee is unlikely to blood any rookie IPL performer during the upcoming T20 World Cup in the Americas but a couple of tried-and-tested faces might have to brace up for disappointment when the squad is finalised by the end of this month. With the ICC making it mandatory to announce the provisional 15-member squad by May 1 cut-off date, Ajit Agarkar and his colleagues have some straightforward choices to make if every member of the team is fit.

"There would not be any experimentation or left-field selections. All those who have played for India and have done well consistently in T20 Internationals and the IPL will be rewarded," a BCCI source told PTI on conditions of anonymity.

It is understood that one among Shubman Gill and Yashasvi Jaiswal might miss out but in case both proven performers are selected in the final 15, then only one among two finishers -- Kolkata Knight Riders' Rinku Singh and Chennai Super Kings' Shivam Dube -- will get the nod.

The other close call could be for the second wicketkeeper's slot where Sanju Samson has competition from Jitesh Sharma, KL Rahul and Ishan Kishan.

Rahul and Kishan bat at the top of the order, and they haven't tried batting in the middle order in this IPL so far, which makes it difficult for the selectors to analyse their impact down the order.

Although Hardik Pandya's bowling fitness remains a concern, there is no immediate doubt on his selection. Much like him, Virat Kohli's inclusion is also a formality.

The other automatic selections are skipper Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah, Ravindra Jadeja, Rishabh Pant, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammed Siraj and Kuldeep Yadav. These 10 names, if fit, will definitely be on the flight across the Atlantic.

It is understood that Siraj is being rested by RCB as he has been playing constantly and needed workload management.

In the choice between Gill and Jaiswal, the former has scored more runs but in case of Jaiswal, who has been a big find for Indian cricket, the selection committee might not give up easily on him merely for a few low IPL scores.

Also, being the only left-hander in inside the top four is a novelty and in a largely unidimensional top order.

However, if Gill piles up enough runs, it will be a difficult choice unless the selectors accommodate both and drop one among Shivam and Rinku from the 15.

The reserve spinner's slot could also be a three-way battle between Axar Patel, a handy batter apart from being an accurate left-arm spinner, Yuzvendra Chahal, who is yet to play a single T20 World Cup match in his nine-year international career, and Ravi Bishnoi, who plays for Lucknow Super Giants.

While Chahal is head and shoulders above the other two in terms of bowling skills, his repeated omissions from important squads leaves a big question mark about his inclusion showpiece in June.

Impact Player rule is hurting team selection

A former international player, who is also a broadcaster, gave an interesting insight. "The 'Impact Player' rule, which is basically a glorified '12-a-side' cricket contest has been good for IPL viewership but detrimental for Indian cricket. It has killed the concept of all-rounder and hence a half-fit Hardik Pandya also has premium value because he can bowl," he stated.

"Think about it, if there was no Impact Player rule, could MS Dhoni (not Ruturaj Gaikwad) as CSK 'skipper' afford to not bowl Dube? Selectors don't know about Dube's bowling form.

"Similarly, a guy like Rahul Tewatia is no longer in contention despite being a good finisher, who also used to be a handy leg-break bowler. He doesn't bowl now as he is an 'Impact Player'. Who is it hurting? The national team," he pointed out.

New crop of T20 players

The likes of Riyan Parag, Mayank Yadav, Abhishek Sharma, and Harshit Rana have all performed well but it is understood that the selection committee would like to follow the process of easing them in via bilateral cricket instead of putting them to test in a high-stakes World T20 game.

There are two white-ball series against Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka and these young men would be in line for their India debuts at that time. Nitish Reddy, who is a seam bowling all-rounder and was part of India Emerging side that toured Sri Lanka last year, could also follow the same path.

It will be interesting to see if BCCI makes arrangements for the likes of Mayank Yadav, Harshit Rana or Akash Madhwal to be taken as net bowlers, which will also give them good exposure.

The probable 20 (15+5 stand bys) in contention:

Specialist Batters (6): Rohit Sharma, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rinku Singh All-Rounders

(4): Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Shivam Dube, Axar Patel.

Specialist Spinners (3): Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ravi Bishnoi.

Wicketkeeper-batter (3): Rishabh Pant, KL Rahul and Sanju Samson.

Pacers(4): Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Arshdeep Singh and Avesh Khan.

SOURCE: NDTV
If that's the 20. I would have these 15

1. Rohit
2. Jaiswal
3. Kohli
4. Suryakumar
5. Rinku

6. Pandya
7. Jadeja
8. Axar

9. Pant
10. Samson

11. Kuldeep
12. Bishnoi

13. Bumrah
14. Arshdeep
15. Siraj

You can probably add Dube as an all rounder in place of one of the WKs

My fifteen would be,

Batters in starting eleven

1. Abhishek
2. Jaiswal
3. SKY
4. Parag
5. Pant*
6. Dube
7. Rinku

Reserve batter

8. Samson

Starting bowlers on "normal" pitch.

9. Kuldeep
10. Bumrah*
11. Mayank
12. Avesh

Reserve bowlers

13. Arshdeep
14. Axar
15. Bishnoi

Bumrah, Pant or SKY to captain.

And I would keep former Kaptaan as a traveling cheerleader/crowd hypeman/marketing gimmick. :vk1

So most of you don't want Kohli and gill in the squad??
Former Kaptaan has been a legendary t20i performer and has done well in T20 wcs. But time is the cruelest foe of all and it has defeated him.

Gill is out of form since last year. And we have dozen good T20 openers.

Former Kaptaan has been a legendary t20i performer and has done well in T20 wcs. But time is the cruelest foe of all and it has defeated him.

Gill is out of form since last year. And we have dozen good T20 openers.
But I think Kohli will be there in the squad. He is not going anywhere.

India's T20 World Cup 2024 Squad: Virat Kohli, Hardik Pandya Snubbed By Sanjay Manjrekar. Full List

Former India cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar made some surprising additions and omissions as he named his 15-member squad for India's T20 World Cup 2024 campaign. With the deadline for the team selection only a few days away, fans and experts have been bold in sharing their opinions on the subject. After the likes of Irfan Pathan and Virender Sehwag shared their picks for the 15-man roster, Manjrekar has also submitted his squad. Shockingly, the cricketer-turned-commentator snubbed the talismanic Virat Kohli from the list and named Lucknow Super Giants all-rounder Krunal Pandya in the team.

Manjrekar went with the likes of Rohit Sharma and Yashasvi Jaiswal at the top of the batting order while Sanju Samson and Suryakumar Yadav made the cut in the top 4. A total of three wicket-keepers were included in Manjrekar's 15, with Rishabh Pant and KL Rahul also earning a spot each, together with Samson.

Among all-rounders Ravindra Jadeja and Krunal Pandya were the only picks in Manjrekar's 15, with there being no place for pace-bowling all-rounders Hardik Pandya and Shivam Dube.

Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal were the two picks from the perspective of pure spinners while Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Siraj made the cut as marquee pacers.

"Yes. And this is perhaps Kuldeep Yadav at his peak with regards to his skills, his confidence. You can see now he's out there like a Bumrah or Chahal at his peak. He is commanding that kind of respect. He looks comfortable with the responsibility and champions, you know, those breaks and those moments that you are seeking at the right time."

Avesh Khan and Mayank Yadav also earned a spot each in Manrekar's team.

Sanjay Manjrekar's squad for T20 WC 2024:Rohit Sharma, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sanju Samson, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant, KL Rahul, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Avesh Khan, Harshit Rana, Mayank Yadav, Krunal Pandya

NDTV

Why on earth everyone is picking Rahul. That guy played 2 maidens in the first over of a match last time

I guess he is right. Rishabh is an obvious choice to go with Axar. Jadeja might miss out and I think he should.

-----------------------------

India's T20 World Cup Squad: Sourav Ganguly Picks Two Certain Selections. Not Virat Kohli Or Shubman Gill

Former captain Sourav Ganguly feels Axar Patel will book his place in the Indian team for the upcoming T20 World Cup as he can be moved around in the batting order depending on match situation. Axar has bowled splendidly all season at an economy rate of 7.06 and when promoted, he showed his batting prowess against Gujarat Titans. "Axar, is a certainty. Both Rishabh and Axar are certainties for me at the T20 World Cup. The way things are going in T20, Rohit will want someone to come at No. 8 and bat, give those 15-20 runs which Axar can easily do, and if he needs someone to go and smack spinners, Axar can do that as well.

"That's the advantage with Jadeja and Axar, they are so talented and gifted," Ganguly, Delhi Capitals' Director of Cricket, said on the eve of their IPL clash against Mumbai Indians.

Ganguly, who has helped the left-handed Axar with his batting, said the all-rounder has the ability to bat in Tests as well as T20s.

"You should have the ability to strike the ball. You don't have to have time for technique in T20 cricket. But your basics should be there and he's always had that.

"When you see his batting in Tests for India, he gets runs under pressure on turning pitches. He has the ability to bat but in T20 you need the ability to strike and he does that when he's pushed up and he gets a little more time to settle and keep hitting.

"He's a tremendous cricketer -- bats, bowls, fields. He has the ability to bat and can bat in T20 cricket. He is a very gifted cricketer," Ganguly added.

Pant has shown that he has fully recovered from the injuries sustained during his horrific car accident, scoring three half-centuries in the ongoing IPL. He was at his belligerent best against the Gujarat Titans.

He is locked in a battle with the likes of Sanju Samson, Ishan Kishan and Dinesh Karthik for the wicketkeeper's spot but Ganguly is confident the 26-year-old from Uttarakhand is a surety in the Indian team.

"I love Rishabh and Sanju. Rishabh will go to the T20 World Cup. Sanju might also go, not saying he shouldn't. He is as good a player as anyone, and keeps, bats, captains Rajasthan. Both can go if the selectors feel," he added.

NDTV

5 batters, 5 bowlers, 2 keepers, 3 ARs

5 Batters - Rohit, Jaiswal, Parag, Rinku, SKY

5 bowlers - Boom, Kuldeep, Harshit/Mayank, Bishnoi, Kuldeep Sen

2 Keepers - Pant, Samson

3 AR - Axar, Hardik, Shivam Dube

Why do u want rohit and pandya.if u can let go off kohli,u can throw entire oldies.I will prefer shahshank and abhishek in their places.

Why do u want rohit and pandya.if u can let go off kohli,u can throw entire oldies.I will prefer shahshank and abhishek in their places.
But Rohit is already the captain announced. How can he be left out?

But Rohit does not deserve a place let alone be a captain.His avg is 26 with Sr 130 ish for last 5 years in the ipl.
But what can you do now since he is already the captain of India so he is going to play 100 percent along with jaiwal to open.

5 bowlers - Boom, Kuldeep, Harshit/Mayank, Bishnoi, Kuldeep Sen

2 Keepers - Pant, Samson

they have many keepers available but i will go with KL rahul so they can adjust any all rounder down the order.

I think they have a very balanced squad for the World Cup. It would be interesting to see who they will play as the wicket-keeper because both Samson and Pant are looking good in the ongoing IPL, especially Samson.

Ryan Parag should’ve been in the team in the place of Axar. Ryan can dart like Axar and he is 10 times better than Axar as a batsman.

Indian team is full of non -performers and one trick ponies.

Back