Which famous Masjid's have you visited.
Masjid Al Haram
Masjid Al Nabawi
Masjid Al Aqsa
The Blue Mosque
Badshahi Masjid
And any other ones you have been to

Last edited:
Birmingham central mosque and Ghamkol shareef a couple in pakistan and local ones.

Masjid Al Haram
Masjid Al Nabawi
Shah Faisal Masjid
National mosque in Abuja
Masjid e-Tooba
Masjid Shajrah
Masjid Qiblatain
Masjid Ayesha/Tanqid

Last edited:
Masjid Al Haram
Masjid Al Nabawi
Masjid Shajrah (Miqat in Medina)
Masjid Quba (first Masjid of Islam, located near Medina)
Masjid Qiblatain (Masjid of 2 Qiblas - revelation instructing change of Qibla was received here)
Masjid Jinn (built in the place where the Jinn gathered to listen to recitations of Al-Quran 72:1)
Masjid Ayesha/Tanqid (Miqat in Makkah)

Masjid Al Haram
Masjid Al Nabawi
The Blue Mosque
Badshahi Masjid
Masjid Qiblatain
Masjid Quba
Faisal Masjid
Badshahi Masjid

Alhumdulilla

The two great mosques of Makkah and Madinah
Qiblatain Mosque(the place where the direction of Qiblah was changed)
Quba Mosque(the first mosque in Madinah)
Shah Faisal Mosque-Islamabad
Grand Mosque of Abu Dhabi

Badshahi Masjid
Faisal Mosque
Blue Mosque
Hagia Sophia (used to be a mosque, now a museum)
Masjid-e-Qurtuba (used to be a mosque, now a cathedral)
Great Mosque of Seville (same as above)

Masjid Al Haram
Masjid Al Nabawi
Faisal Masjid
Cricklewood Mosque, yes! :D

I want to go Badshahi Mosque but havent had the chance as of yet. Would also LOVE to travek to Turkey one day Insh'Allah which would obviously give me a chance to visit Blue Mosque.

In the eyes of Allah no one mosque is more famous than another.

In the eyes of Allah a mosque constructed of marble walls is no better than a mosque made of mud in Africa.

Khalil said:

In the eyes of Allah a mosque constructed of marble walls is no better than a mosque made of mud in Africa.
These mosque are famous because of there status in islam like masjide nabwi and masjid al haram.
And faisal mosque for its capacity.

Khalil said:

But you get more Ajar(Sawab). for example, if I pray in my local Mosque and Masid Al Haram then I will certainly get more Sawab for praying in Masjid Al Haram (Makkah)

NorthStar said:
Masjid Al Haram
Masjid Al Nabawi
Masjid Quba
Masjid Qiblatain
Badshahi Masjid
Faisal Masjid
Is Masjid Quba the one where Prophet Mohammad SAW lost his tooth? (Also above are the Masjid's I remember for now)

I have probably visited more famous masjid which are in Makkah and Medina but can't remember them at the moment. You know how they take you for Ziyaaraat (I believe it is called tour in English :( ) so in that you see bunch of famous Masjid(s) but right now I can't remember there name :(

Last edited:
Faisal Mosque
Badshahi Mosque
and my college is located near controversial LAL Mosque..

abc_to_xyz said:
Faisal Mosque
Badshahi Mosque
and my college is located near controversial LAL Mosque..
I have seen this Masjid from outside but have never been there. although when I saw it the dome was painted white but I saw few lines of red colour

Not many....

For me, Faisal Masjid, Islamabad is one of the wonders of the world! You can see it from miles away and its stunning.

Badshahi Masjid, Lahore is such a classic work of art - that has sadly been neglected. It needs the same sort of investment & attention of the above.

Blue Mosque, Istanbul - a throw back to the days of the Islamic State, thousands of architecturally stunning mosques on every street corner.

Khalil said:

erm, maybe not 'famous' but there are three that hold more weight in reward;

Masjid Al-Haram
Masjid-Un-Nabi
Masjid Al Aqsa

Yaser said:
erm, maybe not 'famous' but there are three that hold more weight in reward;

Masjid Al-Haram
Masjid-Un-Nabi
Masjid Al Aqsa

No one mosque has more sawaab than another mosque.

Fame is only in the eyes of human beings.

I will get the same sawaab if I pray in a small mud mosque in Luderitz Namibia as praying in Masjid Al-Haram

Famous as in 'well known' - thats all. Not worth arguing over

Oxy said:
Not many....

For me, Faisal Masjid, Islamabad is one of the wonders of the world! You can see it from miles away and its stunning.

Badshahi Masjid, Lahore is such a classic work of art - that has sadly been neglected. It needs the same sort of investment & attention of the above.

Blue Mosque, Istanbul - a throw back to the days of the Islamic State, thousands of architecturally stunning mosques on every street corner.

Is that the one with the really, really shiny floors and it's pure white and has like a sloping/slanting roof?
I went to a beautiful mosque in Islamabad when I was seven and I can't remember which one it was :13:
There was a sign outside the entrance which read:
Please put off your shoeses

Cover Drive said:
Is Masjid Quba the one where Prophet Mohammad SAW lost his tooth? (Also above are the Masjid's I remember for now)

I have probably visited more famous masjid which are in Makkah and Medina but can't remember them at the moment. You know how they take you for Ziyaaraat (I believe it is called tour in English :( ) so in that you see bunch of famous Masjid(s) but right now I can't remember there name :(

The Quba Mosque (Quba' Masjid or Masjid al-Quba, Arabic: مسجد قباء) just outside Medina, Saudi Arabia, is the first mosque ever built in Saudi Arabia and the oldest mosque of Saudi Arabia. Its first stones were positioned by the prophet Muhammad (saw) on his Hijra from the city of Mecca to Medina and the mosque was completed by his companions. Muhammad (saw) spent more than 20 nights in this mosque (after migrating) praying qasr (a short prayer) while waiting for Ali whose house was behind this mosque.

According to Islamic tradition, offering 2 Raka'ahs of nafl prayers in the Quba Mosque is equal to performing one Umra.

The Prophet (saw) lost his front teeth during the battle of Uhud. I think Masjid Fateh & Jumah are located near Mount Uhud so maybe these were the other Masajid that you may have visited.

Khalil said:
No one mosque has more sawaab than another mosque.

Fame is only in the eyes of human beings.

I will get the same sawaab if I pray in a small mud mosque in Luderitz Namibia as praying in Masjid Al-Haram

Sorry brother you are wrong according to hadeeth to the nearest meaning the Prophet(SallAllahu Alahi Wasallam) said only travel for 3 Masjids Masjid Al Hara'm My Masjid(Madinah) and Masjid Al-Aqsa.
The ulema say this hadeeth means that you only travel for greater reward in salah for only these 3 masjids.
For any other masjid the reward is same it could be a mud masjid in Nambia like you said or the Faisal Masjid in Islamabad.

Oxy said:
Famous as in 'well known' - thats all. Not worth arguing over

Sums us Muslims up! We'll have a good argument over anything! Hell we can have an argument against ourselves if we try hard enough and we'll probably end up calling ourselves Jahil, or secular or even (God forbid) Kaafir! :ibutt

critical said:
ive driven past saddam hussein mosque in lozells

It's in Aston, Birmingham.

I've been there, its beautiful.

Ghamkol Sharif in Birmingham is another one.

Last summer I went to Faisal Masjid in Islamabad. Absolutely stunning. As Oxy said you could see for miles. I saw it and thought - it's only round the corner. Took another 30-40 minutes getting there.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Blue Mosque to undergo biggest restoration in its history<a href="https://t.co/k99LZdXnDy">https://t.co/k99LZdXnDy</a></p>— DAILY SABAH (@DailySabah) <a href="https://twitter.com/DailySabah/status/883105815703498752">6 July 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Blue Mosque to undergo biggest restoration in its history<a href="https://t.co/k99LZdXnDy">https://t.co/k99LZdXnDy</a></p>— DAILY SABAH (@DailySabah) <a href="https://twitter.com/DailySabah/status/883105815703498752">6 July 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I went a few months back, the outside does need some work to refursbish. They were building a new mosque in Istanbul, cant remember its name but it was big. Sulimania Mosque was beautiful too! I love how in Istanbul, the mosques tend to be located higher up and have amazing architecture!

5da2ce07a1aab2c007461a3aef230bf2.jpg

8th century kerala mosque

Masjid Al Haram, Masjid al Nabwi and Fasial Mosque. There were many more that I visited during the Umrah tour but forgot their names.

Faisal Masjid, the one in Turkey, Makkah 7 times, Madhinah where the Prophet is buried once.

They really need to install air conditioners in Pakistani mosques, it gets so hot over there.

Out of the one mentioned by the op i have visited only Blue mosque. Amazing atmosphere

Alhumdulilah since I started doing tours been to following Masjids.

Masjid Al Aqsa amazing place the history & simplicity of this Masjid is amazing.

Masjid e Khalil in Hebron Palestine another must place to visit according to locals the tombs of Hazrat Ibrahim (as) & his family under the Masjid.

Blue Mosque in terms of splendour & architect beauty Turkey Masjids are amazing.

Suliminiyaa Masjid another amazing Masjid in Istanbul on hill.

Fathiya Masjid Istanbul very beautiful & amazing from inside.

Hazrat Abu Ayub Ansari (ra) Masjid in Istanbul not as big as other famous Masjids but very nice.

Masjid al haram is most holy place on earth amazing.

Masjid Al Nabawi what can you say of this Masjid most peaceful and tranquil place on earth.
The Masjid is just beautiful there is no place like Madinah.

My local mosque: Manchester Heritage Center. The architecture is amazing and the greenry around the mosque is nice. Google to see it.

Istanbul: Blue Mosque, Sulimania Mosque and Ayub Ansari (RA) mosque. All these Turkish mosques were awesome architecture.

Pakistan: Faisal Masjid. Its a nice mosque but last I went 5 years ago, I thought it needed a refurbishment.

Masjid al haram
Masjid e nabwi
Badshahi masjid
Faisal masjid
Blue mosque
Quba

Back